Start by marking “With This Lie” as Want to Read:
With This Lie

With This Lie

Dani Monroe is more than just another jaded woman. Her veins run deep with every reason to never fall in love. If her mother taught her anything, it was how easily a betrayal is earned. After a childhood spent learning that lesson, it's the only truth she knows. Now, as a woman with needs, she strictly dates married men. She knows what she is getting with them—all of the f ...more
Published February 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about With This Lie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about With This Lie

Paula
How can I like a heroine who sleeps aroud with MARRIED men and doesn't care? Or a Hero who pretends to be married just so that he too can sleep around with women and not worry about commitment? I don't care how well story is written or how broken these two are, if the characters have no sense of respect for the sanctity of marriage, at the end of the day, they become cheaters and lousy human beings and that is not what I want to waste my time & money on. So no thanks!
Dilek VT
Feb 22, 2019 marked it as nope
She only dates married men as she doesn't want a real relationship because her mother taught her a lot about betrayal!!!???

So if you are afraid of betrayal, why would you sleep with men who betray their wives?
Isn't this a bit of a hypocrisy?

***

And then there is this guy who doesn't want to commit to a woman so he pretends to be married. This way, no women expect him to do what regular boyfriends do.

***

Then these two people meet: Sounds like a match made in heaven!!!! :)))
Talon
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
"I just didn't see you coming," I say. "I didn't see you coming, Lucas."

With my strict "no cheating tropes" rule that I have applied for myself, I was very weary on how much I would like With This Lie. But surprise, surprise! Kat did a fantastic at executing a story line that wasn't quite what it seemed. Which in turn ended up being such a great story in my opinion.

My most favorite thing about With This Lie was how music plays a such huge part of this story and even with the characters. At times
✴ Cindy ✴
🌟🌟1/2 stars

A lot of readers won't like this one because the heroine only indulges in sex with married men and the hero wears a wedding band to pretend he's married. Those are two big tropes that are hot buttons for some readers.

Dani had a really tough childhood. I felt for her and understood her hesitations with relationships and love in general. She needed therapy. I didn't like her callous attitude about the marriages she was messing with, but on the other hand, it was liberating having a fem
Rejane
Oh senhor.. qm escreve isso??
Esses personagens são 2 almas sebosas ( rotten souls)
Notes and comments 👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇

And as always, I checked a few high ratings reviews and surprise, surprise, a lot of talking about authors talent with words, how different the book is, how it gripped them from 1st page, how it brought up "the feels", how characters are not what they seem, the story is deeper than what the blurb implies, of course they were waiting for that mom
A.D. McCammon
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love characters that are a little broken because I find them the most realistic and relatable. And Dani and Lucas definitely have their issues.

“The world is no place for softness, for vulnerability. It will destroy it. It will take a soft thing and bend it until it breaks. The world is no place for tears or hearts. I leave that all in here, in the closet. This is the only place it’s ever felt safe to do so.”

Kat did a great job bringing these characters to life. I wanted to be Dani’s best frie
Tianna✸loves books✸
The h dates only married men?
Are you kidding me?
I hate such disgusting women.
Such books should stay the hell away from me.
Leila
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5* I love the way Kat writes her characters to life. Both Dani and Lucas resonated with me early on, and I found myself invested. Their chemistry kept me intrigued and turning those pages.

I’ve had the pleasure of reading some of Kats poetry which is powerful in its own right. And her first novel For Now, which I enjoyed but With this Lie is easily my favourite of the two.

Not your typical romance, which is both refreshing and welcome. It was a quick steady read and not drawn out unnecessarily;
Kelly
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The truth will set you free - LOVED this story!

Never assume you know someone’s story from their actions or the lies they tell to the world. This was an absolutely beautiful, heartbreaking and unique love story. I was hooked after reading the blurb for the book, intrigued by the premise of the heroine Dani only dating married men and the hero Lucas, pretending to be a married man - both trying to avoid commitment by different means. If you think you won’t find any redeeming qualities in these two
Luz Acevedo
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by this author, this was an easy and fast paced story. Likable character, awesome storyline. Can’t wait to read other books by this author.
Holly H
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was a quick yet enjoyable read, and Kat’s eloquent, vivid writing kept me flipping the pages. I appreciated that there was just enough drama in this book to leave an undertone of tension and foreboding without dragging on unnecessarily. The chemistry between Dani and Lucas was palpable, and I loved them together while at the same time understanding their past traumas and why they made the decisions they did. Kat has always wowed me with her poetry, and her ability to convey that same e ...more
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kat Savage is a new to me author, one I decided to read at the suggestion of an author whose work is beautiful and emotionally exhausting – just like I like my books – so I assumed I was in good hands. And I was. With This Lie wasn’t a particularly long read, just over three hours, but it put me through the wringer in the best possible way. I was immediately pulled into Dani’s story – and Lucas’ – and couldn’t bear to leave a single stone of their story together unturned.

The premise of With This
Misty
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have to admit this book was a bit hard for me. Although I adore these types and they are some of my top reads this one just had an overwhelming shadow of sadness and longing for almost the entire book. It made my heart hurt and I truly wasn't sure there would ever be any sunshine to break through the darkness. Sure we had tiny glimpses of happiness but with the way this author set the story up we knew without a doubt our hearts and the hearts of the characters were going to be broken and that ...more
Melissa Hawkins
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free from in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

"I just didn't see you coming..."

There was so much I didn’t see coming while reading With This Lie. I was initially giving this book the side eye because of the premise (“she strictly dates married men”) but Kat Savage hit it out of the park with her sophomore novel. There were twists and surprises around every corner combined with a sweet and steamy romanc
Tiffany Silver
Flawed characters doing flawed shit is my favorite. This book was so on brand for Kat Savage. It has that melancholy tone. The story/ premise was interesting. It even had a little twist. It started really strong and had such beautifully written moments. At times i felt the story was told to me and not shown. 🙈 but overall a really solid story!!

Also, I just want to say that people cheat. No one makes a married person stray from their marriage unless the married person is open to the idea. No one
Amber
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: digital-arcs
Thanks to the author for sending me a free copy of the book.

Why do I love Savage's writing? Because she creates for us these beautifully flawed people who feel so real, so human. And she did it again in With This Lie.
On this book we meet Dani and Lucas, the two main characters. We learn right away that they're both living lifestyles that revolve around choices many people would consider to be bad. Probably really bad, actually. That being said, it's also safe to say that these are choices being
Christina Spicer
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I went into this book unsure of what to think. I thought I wouldn’t like the book because of the premise of two people who use marriage as a reason to avoid attachment. Dani and Lucas surprised me though I loved them both. I loved their issues and flaws. I enjoyed every part of the story and the ways that they struggled with their demons. I think Kat has a unique way with words and I really liked the flow of this book. They both grew a lot and I loved everything about this book! You have to read ...more
Naroba
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kat Savage delivers. I loved the story from the beginning. I liked their determination to fight off the inevitable. As well as their chemistry. Kat wrote an excellent, real, creepy ass bad guy. But he didn’t take over the story. The two main leads did that enough with their choices at how to do love. I was invested from the get go. And I always look forward for more from Kat. So I’m excited to see what she comes up with next!!
Lee
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I finished reading With This Lie last night. Since then, I was contemplating hard if I will give 4 stars or 5 stars. Sometimes I feel that way about books, I really don't know what should I give them.

And yes, I gave ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ in the end. Because really, Kat and this novel deserve it.

This is not your ordinary love story where in the couple fall for each other at the right time and place.

It all started in a lie. A lie to protect themselves.

To be honest, I don't like a novels about cheaters and liars
Heather
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the very first page I was intrigued with this book. The words on the page just seemed to flow into me. I was consumed with the theme. It was something I hadnt read before and at first I was nervous. By the end of the story I was in love with it!
Brittney
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A little broken, a lot badass. Those are the characters I love to read the most, and Dani doesn’t disappoint. She’s unapologetic about who she is and why, and you don’t really blame her once you learn the why. If you do, congratulations on never having been burned in life. Also, quit lying.

Lucas is jaded, and for good reason. I connected with him the most; that need for self-preservation. The anxiety that comes with it. The constant internal struggle of living a lie. And I wanted to shake him e
Andrea
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I have ever read by Kat Savage. It falls in the 3.5-4 point range for me. I enjoyed the story lines and the characters. However, I didn't feel the chemistry. I wanted raw deep in the bones chemistry between the main two characters. I just didn't feel it like I wanted. However, with that said, I enjoyed the friendships between Quinn and Dani. I enjoyed the back stories that came along with Dani and Lucas. It helped explain why they are how they are. And, really, who can bl ...more
Chasity
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a good book. I love reading about characters who are relatable and who have flaws. Kat's characters were so dynamic, their back stories were so heartbreaking. I was rooting for them the entire time. Good people do bad things, they make mistakes, I really enjoyed watching Dani and Lucas' story unfold. Kat has such a way with words and I am always moved by them.
Dusti Dawn Dawn
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved slipping into the world of Dani and Lucas. Each of the characters had a complicated past making them complex and relatable.
VMChick
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was a lot of fun. A quick read, with interesting main characters, I couldn't wait to see where their story would take them. I particularly liked the real touches the author throws into her writing, comments about every day things like morning breath. It made them seem even more real to me. I liked their love story and the evolution of the characters, and their inner voices. Can't wait to see what's coming next from Kat Savage!
Daniele
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I really can put into words how amazingly Kay wrote the pain these two people were going through and how they numbed it. Is it something that will make you uncomfortable maybe, but life isn’t always comfortable and sometimes you have to be in those moments to see something great when you get past it. Even if you are only reading.

I can say it’s a beautiful story of getting past it all and finding yourself stronger on the other side. I can say there is love and sadness and laughter and heartache
Arley
Mar 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, I just want to start off by saying that I think Kat is an amazing writer! With that being said, I struggled a little bit on deciding how exactly I wanted to rate and review this book-

I know a lot of people were turned away simply from the synopsis alone. Dani only dates married men. Lucas pretends to be married to avoid any type of commitment. It seems pretty clear right off the bat that these two main characters may not be the most “like-able” but I find characters who dwell somewhere in th
All Thingz Bookish
Kat Savage is not a new author to me. I have read a few of her other works, so I was excited to receive an ARC of With This Lie and was not disappointing one bit. It’s a story that’s hard not to love. It’s heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time. With a unique premise that pulls you in from the first paragraph until the very end. The author has captured human emotions incredibly well. The tethered emotions that lie beneath stone exteriors are so wonderfully dealt with in this story.
The plo
Blue
Feb 23, 2019 marked it as not-for-me
Sounds like a trainwreck to me

Kat Savage’s unique brand of storytelling combines some of her own truths with a little bit of fiction to connect to people in a very real way. She writes about ugly things authentically and shamelessly.

She recently combined her former self-published chapbooks into one collected volume of poetry titled This is How I Die and is currently working on her debut novel For Now.