Start by marking “The One That Got Away (Hearts Are Wild, #1)” as Want to Read:
The One That Got Away (Hearts Are Wild, #1)

The One That Got Away (Hearts Are Wild, #1)

Published January 4th 2019

Start your review of The One That Got Away (Hearts Are Wild, #1)
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
New to me author & book! I had the pleasure of reading this in paperback, love holding a book!
I really like the story line and characters. Beautiful story of 'if you love it let it go, if it returns it was meant to be yours' because the hero has to give it his all to return his beloved heroine. The writing was smooth and easy connecting. Characters relatable and a funny and sweet story!

A very big thank you to the author & HAPPY READING!
I am giving this book a 4.5 and would recommend it very muc
Ere Reviews
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I. AM. IN. LOVE.
This book had me hooked. I literally couldn’t stop reading for even one second. I pulled an all nighter reading it.
I usually do not like the love triangle trope necessarily but this one was so well done.
The storyline was really good and i connected to the characters. But not only that but her writing was AMAZING and that made my reading experience 100% better.
And this is the author’s debut book, which surprised me.
I definitely recommend that you should read this book ASAP.
Colleen Oppenheim
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I cannot believe that this is the author's first book - it was outstanding! Amazing plot, well thought-out, relatable, and real characters make this an A+ book for me. I can't wait until the next book in the series! ...more
Emma Queen
Oct 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazingly written and it brought me such an enjoyable time.
I loved the characters, especially Charlie’s brothers and Teddy.

Since the story revolves around two brothers in pursuit of one girl, I must say that I was rooting for Nick ever since he gets mentioned. Reading too many romance books has brought me to realize that he liked her ever since they were little, hence he annoyed her into thinking he doesn’t.
Will on the other hand- he always seemed to me as way too arrogant, and of
Caroline
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! I can not believe this is the others first book!!! What and amazing book this was!!! Im actually starting book 2 after I finish this review.
Irene Waldron
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I smiled! I cried! And best of all you kept me guessing!! Great job Marisa!!!!
Farah
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Before I dive into this review I must thank Marisa for providing me with a copy of this book, which I will treasure forever. It was a heartfelt read that I can't praise enough but I will try to do this impeccable story justice in my review.

Charlie Moreau is a strong willed heroine and at times her decisions may cost her relationships with others but she never let's that deter her.

Her way of life is to follow her heart and mind; after having always followed what others expected of her she is taki
Books With
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
⭐️The One That Got Away ⭐️
✨PaperBack Kindly Provided by Author✨
💙Blurb:💙
New York assistant magazine editor Charlie Moreau never forgot the day the most popular guy in school, Will Russo broke her heart. Fortunately, she left that naive teenage girl behind in Belmont, North Carolina and reinvented herself. But when she encounters Will in New York nearly ten years later, she's stunned when he wants her to give him a second chance. Charlie has to decide if she should go all in or if she should
Nony
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love reading romance fictions. Recently I read this book "The One That Got Away". It is a romance novel by the author Marisa Scolamiero. The protagonist of the story is Charlie Moreau. She is a small town girl from Belmont, North Carolina. She moved to New York and joined as an assistant magazine editor there. Charlie loved the liveliness of the New York City.

Back in high school, she was so naive to believe that the most popular guy of the school Will Russo liked her. Everyone made fun of her
MedinaReads
Sep 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Note: The author sent me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review so my opinion is 100% honest and not affected by that.

Wow! This was such a fun and amazing story! I absolutely loved the characters, especially Nick! The whole plot was so well thought out and the storyline was so fast paced. I unfortunately read this book during a reading slump and that affected my enjoyment a little but overall this was a great book. Here we have a love triangle (I’m a sucker for love triangles!!!) b
booksbloggeer
Sep 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐚 𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢 🤍
☽ One woman, two brothers.
I'm not really into love triangles because I always feel bad for the one left aside but I really loved this book. The storyline is great and the characters as well, they are so nice and funny and it's super easy to connect with them. My prediction for the ending was wrong because it turned out completly different but I liked it tho.
One thing that surprised me is that this is the first book of the author and as a first book it was really really go
Jacy Mackin
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Slow start. Fully involved.

This debut novel starts slow, but the author gets her feet under her within a couple chapters. The characters and relationships are complex. I’m ready for book 2!
Milica Glavaški
Jun 18, 2021 marked it as to-read
I want to read this book ao badly, does anyone know where I can buy it? 😄
Kelsy
Marlen Benitez
Oct 15, 2019

• Inebriated
  • Neon Nights: A Sequel
  • The Threat Below (Brathius History, #1)
  • From Daylight To Madness (The Hotel #1)
  • Dylan's Birthday Present (Little Polyglot Adventures Book 1)
  • The Two Lives of Lydia Bird
  • Darren’s Death
  • Road of Bones
  • The Baptist: Judge's Genesis
  • Immortal Divorce Court Volume 1: My Ex-Wife Said Go to Hell
  • The Rise of The Jotuns (The Asgardian Exchange)
  • What Does It Mean To Be An Entrepreneur?
  • What Does It Mean To Be Present?
  • All the Broken People
  • LAVENDER BLUE
  • Witty Kids When Imagination Talks To You: I Dream to Be
  • Beige and Blue
  • What Does It Mean to Be American?

News & Interviews

We all want to spend more time lost in the pages of great books. That's the idea behind our annual 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge! It's...