Start by marking “Fallen (Deep Ops, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fallen (Deep Ops, #2)

Fallen

(Deep Ops #2)

Too quiet. A talented hacker who got caught, Brigid Banaghan is now forced to work with a secret Deep Ops unit. But she won't reveal any more to these renegade Feds than she has to. Especially not to Raider Tanaka, her control freak of a bodyguard and handler. It's enough that his body is tensed for action and his heated gaze is always on her . . .

Too sharp. Raider kno
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Expected publication: September 24th 2019 by Zebra

Win a Copy of This Book

• Fallen by Rebecca Zanetti
    Fallen (Deep Ops, #2)
    Release date: Sep 24, 2019
    ENTER FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN A COPY OF FALLEN BY REBECCA ZANETTI!

New York Times bestselling author Rebecca Zanetti delivers a pulse-pounding new read

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 48 copies available, 2149 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Sep 12 - Sep 20, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Fallen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fallen

Mindy Lou's Book Review
    Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2019, cop-etc
    With Fallen we get Brigid and Raider's story, the hacker and the Fed. You could feel the tension between these two from the first moment they were introduced in book one, so I'm thrilled to finally get there story.

It's time for these two to have their first mission where they take point through a connection with Brigid's father. Turns out he has a past life she never knew about which has drawn her into danger and has Raider fighting to keep her safe.

I feel like we really got to know Brigid and
    Lady Heather

Publication Date: September 24, 2019

"5 - You have to know who to trust, Stars!"

This book was so friggn good!
    I forgot how much I loved this group of misfit agents!

I started reading this story yesterday afternoon on my break and once I finished work, I couldn't wait to get back into the story.

I LOVED Raider and Brigid's characters, but the secondary characters (and their pets) complimented the protagonists and are what made this book such a wonderful read!

The story itself was well written, fas
    Carvanz
    Oh my gosh! I absolutely loved this addition to the series!

description

When Raider and Brigid are required to go undercover to catch her father, things get a little dicey. First, Brigid is determined to prove her father isn’t guilty of what he's been accused of, and secondly, Raider makes her super nervous. She’s not used to his touch and he’s suddenly touching her…a lot.

This becomes much more than just a romance between co-workers. There is a case that must be solved that goes back decades. The further t
    Kate's Corner
    I am so disappointed in this book with these two MCs I just expected more. In general, this author seems to be more hit and miss more than anything else.

It was going well for a while but then it dragged, it picked up again which is good but the case that they were working was just so FUBAR that the last thing Raider and Wolfe pulled was just unbelievable and ruined it for me. The MC are okay together but Brigid acts like a teenage with a ridiculous crush. She’s a grown ass woman so I don’t get
    Marta Cox
    Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I’m so happy that this author is continuing this series about a rag tag group of agents who are idiocentric to say the least. Put together by Force, a profiler but definitely not on the agency’s most popular list ! Yes this team are not exactly mainstream anymore, they are definitely lacking when it comes to support and equipment but they are dedicated and if you want the job doing then I honestly cannot think of a Unit quite as unique and focussed as these Deep Ops agents.
    Brigid was released f
    ☕️Kimberly
    Love this series. Full RTC.
    Beth
    I received this ARC copy of Fallen from Kensington Books. This is my honest and voluntary review. Fallen is set for publication September 24, 2019.
    Darcy
    With this book the team seems to be hitting its stride, working well together. With how Raider and Brigid were thrown together I knew they would end up as a couple by the end of the book. It wasn't a smooth path for them. They had to get past Brigid's father and what he did earlier in life, get past Brigid's past and her computer crimes. This second issue seemed more serious, probably because it hit so close to home and breached the trust everyone on the team has been building. I was happy that ...more
    Sophia
    After the first Deep Ops book, Hidden, which was one of my best reads of the year, took me on a suspenseful, action-packed ride that had a sexy romance pair along for kicks, I was more than ready to dive head first into the next mission for this misfit Deep Ops team run by the enigmatic and out of the box, Force.

Fallen is indeed the second of the Deep Ops romantic suspense series books and they do work better when they are read in order, including the between novella, Taken, to meet the team and
    Jacquie
    Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Hacker Brigid Banaghan hates the undercover work she’s forced to do after getting caught by the HDD. She’s placed with a washed-up Deep Ops unit and is supposed to report on all activities. It isn’t long though before her loyalties shift and she’s placed in the awkward position of lying to both parties.

Her growing attraction to Raider Tanaka doesn’t help. He’s her pretend fiancé in a mission to capture a group of human traffickers involving a mob her father had previous ties with- or was it in t
    Cindy ~
    Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Perfect mixture of compelling suspense, hot romance and humor.

The motley crew of misfits who make up a Homeland Defense Unit are back and this time its computer genius Brigid Banaghan and her handler Raider Tanaka who find themselves in the hot seat both in the bedroom and out.

One of my favorite things about this series is how it's a perfect blend of suspense and humor. Its captivating for its thrilling aspects and laugh out load for its humor. I look forward to the next in the series.
    Anna
    Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Thanks to author for providing this copy through Netgalley

If you are looking for romantic suspense, thriller and some humour, this is perfect book for you. It was my first book from this author and I'll look forward for more.
    I liked main and second characters, author's style.
    Very fast paced, it's a book about one special unit in undercover. Our main characters started with a lot of slow burn and finished with hot sex scenes.
    Safe, both experienced, no OP scenes
    Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
    Review to come
    Kimberley C.
    Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This is the second in the series, and I’ve enjoyed both of them. There were some moments that i had to suspend my disbelief, but it was a fun, suspenseful story. I can’t wait for the next in the series!
    Dawn
    Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Amazing! Maybe my favorite so far in this series! (I know it's early yet, but I have a feeling this will be a repeat sentence!)

I cannot begin to describe this book other than it's a definite one to read over and over again, and that's what it takes to be a five star book. I look forward to the next book.

I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
    Dísir
    ‘Fallen’ is Rebecca Zanetti’s second instalment of her ‘Deep Ops’ series and one that, if you’ve not read the first book, could be difficult to wade into from the beginning as you struggle to make sense of events, characters and context. But it isn’t an impossible task to figure out that this ragtag team of covert government agents operating off the fly, will do off-the-record missions barely held together by duct tape despite the individual competencies and shady backgrounds of its agents.

I kn
    Elysian Fields
    Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: favorites, arcs
    This story was addictive, brilliant, well written, suspenseful, heartfelt, action packed and humorous! I love this author, she always has a way of engaging me in a story, and wanting to become the character. This is the first in this series that I have read, it is a stand alone as I was not lost or missing anything.

I loved the characters and the way they balanced each other. The tension between them, the heartfelt moments, the dialogue and the intrigue really made this story stand out to me. I l
    Brigid Banaghan is a hacker that can do just about anything with a computer. She’s been forced to work with the Deep Opps team to stay out of jail.
    Raider Tanaka is the agent assigned to be her handler. He is convinced that Brigid’s father is still involved with a Chicago Mob organization and is willing to use her to get to them. What makes this series so good are all the crazy and unique characters. The back and forth between the two main characters keep everything flowing. The chemistry is ama
    Nikki Brooks
    Raider was a high-flying Fed but now he is consigned to the same deep, dark hole as the rest of the Deep Ops Crew. He has been Bridgits handler for the last few months and thought that they were doing good work. But the stakes have increased. There is a possibility that Bridgits dad still has ties to the Boston Mob. So now he has to expolit her connection to a notorious family to gain precious intel

Ah Bridgit, the lies that woman can tell! She has some whoppers n her arsenal but all the while sh
    Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
    Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

Fallen is....EVERYTHING! Satisfying, crackling with adrenaline, action, suspense, and intense sexual tension, I found myself hypnotized from beginning to end!

The incredible second Deep Ops story was EXPLOSIVE as all get out. Raider had me weak-In-knees and made my heart flip flop wildly in my chest. And Brigid...oh I really liked her! She was beautiful, strong, and way smarter than I would of expected. And her vulnerability side made her all the more likable. T
    Linda Quick
    Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    LOVED this book!!!! OMG, this book has it all - an intelligent fast paced romantic suspense, with bits of humor that had me laughing out loud. Brigid is a computer hacker that found herself indebted to the Deep Ops unit. While there, she works undercover with Raider, pretending to be his fiance. Before long the lines begin to blur and neither of them is sure what's true or the op(s).

This novel is filled with smart characters and a complex pot that had me turning pages just as quickly as possibl
    Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I scooped this book up when I read that the heroine is a reformed hacker working as a government agent. What's not to like there? The hero, Raider, is her handler at a fictional government agency that sounds a lot like Department of Homeland Security.

This book was heavier on the suspense than the romance. Zanetti always puts out a well thought out book with a lot of action. I wish more attention had been paid to Brigid and her hacking skills. I feel like that whole aspect of the book was glosse
    Kim
    Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Brigid and Raider are absolutely my new favorite couple right now! Fallen left me with a serious book hangover, and I am struggling to find the right words to describe it at the moment... full review to follow shortly
    Anita
    Aug 17, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: arc
    Maranda
    Hidden was the first in this Deep Ops Series; but Fallen can be read as a stand alone. Love the stories and the characters that Zanetti comes up with. Sprinkling of Kat and Roscoe only adds more to love about her books. Warning a faulty elevator and a dark basement grace the pages of this quick - can't put down drama. "A copy of this book was provided by Kensington via Netgalley with no requirements for a review. Comments here are my honest opinion."
    AJ
    4 stars!

I love this book! Funny, dramatic, exciting, suspenseful and romantic, and packed with action, it’s just what I have come to expect from this series, and it’s a fantastic read.

Book #2 in the Deep Ops series, and Rebecca Zanetti takes us back to her team of misfits – a team within Homeland Defence that has basically been set up to fail. But that doesn’t deter its uniquely quirky members from doing what they do best and saving the day any way they can.

Brigid Banaghan is a brilliant hacker
    Didi
    I was so chuffed when Brigid and Raider finally got their turn to tell their story in Zanetti’s latest “Deep Ops” installment. Their earlier appearance in the series really had me hankering for more of sparking chemistry between them. Both characters struck me as combo of cool, tough, hotheaded, and quick-witted personalities. Which is why it’s a bummer that I didn’t feel that FALLEN fully delivered that.

The second (novel) entry to the series had the Deep Ops team face off with enemies that affe
    Jan Fore
    Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Fallen
    Rebecca Zanetti
    September 24, 2019

Briged Banaghan, the red headed, emerald eyed computer wizard takes a job working for HDD as a ‘Get Out of Jail Free’ card. It was arranged for her to be picked up by one of the Deep OPs team to start running their tech department. She is aware that the team is unorthodox but can’t wait to sit in front of their computer system to begin helping the crew solve cases.
    Raider Tanaka entered the door to the Deep OP building and took the old elevator down to the
    Naomi
    Sep 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: netgalley
    Fallen by Rebecca Zanetti is the second instalment in the Deep Ops series [There is a book Hidden and a novella Taken]. The main character is Brigid, a fierce young red haired Irish American lass whose father is ex-mob. Brigid is said to have had a brush with the law herself with a Robin Hood’esque history of offences in relation to computer hacking. As a result she is working for Deep Ops in order to avoid returning to jail.

The problem is, Deep Ops current operation involves investigating her
    Sabrina
    PRE-ORDER
    Amazon US * Amazon UK

This series just keeps getting better and better. With every story told I fall deeper into the lives of these characters and I feel so connected to all of them now. Raider and Brigid definitely had my attention when I was first introduced to them, but in their own story I fell in love with them more than I thought I would.

I have to say, the best thing about this book is that it's actually a surprise. When it first starts out it seems like it's leading in one direc
    « previous 1 3 next »
    New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Rebecca Zanetti has worked as an art curator, Senate aide, lawyer, college professor, and a hearing examiner - only to culminate it all in stories about Alpha males and the women who claim them. She writes dark paranormals, romantic suspense, and sexy contemporary romances.

Deep Ops (2 books)