Start by marking “New Beginnings at Promise Lodge (Promise Lodge #4)” as Want to Read:
New Beginnings at Promise Lodge (Promise Lodge #4)

New Beginnings at Promise Lodge

(Promise Lodge #4)

Spring blossoms with new life and new beginnings for the flourishing Amish community of Promise Lodge. And as a just-opened bakery sweetens the air with fresh-baked goodness, residents will find that change can be a most joyous test . . .

Recently widowed after twenty years of marriage, Frances Lehman is only just tasting the freedom and opportunity that her Promise
Published September 24th 2019 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about New Beginnings at Promise Lodge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Beginnings at Promise Lodge

Start your review of New Beginnings at Promise Lodge (Promise Lodge #4)
Maureen Timerman
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Oh, how I loved being back at Promise Lodge, would love to live here and be a part of their community.
We pick up where we left off in the last book [and I see there is another to follow this one, and I’m not patiently waiting], and Frances is now trying to move on after the loss of her husband. Our Grace is still fumbling, and I keep hoping there will be someone for her, but keep reading, there may be light at the end of the tunnel.
A book full of emotions, lots of love, smiles, tears and some
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

Another sweet trip to the Ladies of Promise Lodge. It’s exciting to see many others who have joined this special group,all having their own unique thing to bring to the community. There is a lot going on in this beautiful story. I love the beautiful book cover, and yes there is a pie story, even a pie business run by two Promise Lodge ladies. This is one of the many businesses in the unique community. I think my favorite is the tiny houses, and you can read all about them
Pam Pavkov
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte Hubbard sets the stage for her readers enjoyment through her unique writing style, descriptive words, and enthusiasm of the Amish in her new installment New Beginnings at Promise Lodge. This is the 4th powerful book in her series Promise Lodge. Readers will be drawn into this story from the first page and will remain enthralled until the conclusion but will still be wanting more. The storyline moves along at a great pace and hardly leaves room to put the book down.

The characters that
Lori
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was eagerly awaiting this book and it didn't disappoint. I really enjoyed going back to Promise Lodge. I was happy to see that all of my old friends were still there.
Frances was a jem. I would love to have her as my mamm. Gloria doesn't know how lucky she is!! May I call her a brat? I think I will. You know though? I can understand some of her delimma because some changes aren't as easy as they seem. Even at her age.
Her mom is just trying to make ends meet as best as she can and her daughter
Sunnie
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a nice addition to the Pomise Lodge Series by Charlotte Hubbard. I love how they have come together as a community of both Amish and Mennonites to work together for good. I love that I was able to see some of the previous people I have met in their community and continue their stories.

This was a nice, sweet story but shows how some relationships, even with those closest to you, sometimes still need some work to help and not hurt one another.

This is a good Christian read, showing
Kristina
New Beginnings at Promise Lodge by Charlotte Hubbard is the fourth story in the Promise Lodge series. I recommend reading this series in order so you will not be overwhelmed by the characters and their various stories. New Beginnings at Promise Lodge picks up where Weddings at Promise Lodge ended. Truman and Rosetta are getting married which is a union between an Amish and a Mennonite. I just love the ladies of Promise Lodge. They are a lively and caring bunch. The women support each other. ...more
Connie  Lynch
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Charlotte Hubbard took us back to Promise Lodge with the spell bounding book of Faith, Love, Sad and Promises of Love. Although this is part of a series it is a wonderful stand alone. I cannot wait until the visit to Promise Lodge.
Susan Veach
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stories like this one demonstrate how far the 'English' culture has come from community. Hope, faith, and love radiate off the page. The reader longs to step into one of the apartments and cook a tasty treat with the other ladies living there. Charlotte Hubbard doesn't write about a dream utopia, but a place where life's tough events--accidental death, sudden infant death, bankruptcy, rejection, and depression--are dealt with by a caring and prayerful community.
Amy
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
New Beginnings at Promise at Lodge, book four from the Promise Lodge series, is a good read. I enjoyed this sweet read and recommend it. Four stars.
Christine
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another installment of the story about Promise Lodge, a new community where Old Order Amish and Mennonites are allowed to put down roots. The story involves two of the characters from earlier stories, a widow, Frances Lehman and Preacher Martin Kurtz, as well as most of the other characters from previous stories and a couple of new ones.

I enjoy all of this author’s books and am always eagerly awaiting the next part of the story. This story was no exception. I enjoyed it thoroughly like
JoAnn
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
New Beginnings at Promise Lodge is a very well written inspirational romance. I enjoyed the plot and the well developed characters. I look forward to reading more books by this author. If you enjoy reading Amish romance I recommend this book. My thanks to the publisher for my advance ebook. This is my unbiased review.
Mary
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed Charlotte Hubbard’s Amish novels and was glad to return to the unique community of Promise Lodge for more adventures with the residents there. It feels like a real place I would love to visit or maybe even live there. This story particularly focuses on widowed Frances Lehman and her precarious future. The author brings the setting and the realistic characters to life and we feel we’re in the midst of the action. She makes you care about the people and what happens to them. This ...more
Terri
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series is about an Amish Community who are the Old Order. The story revolves around a widow Frances and a widower Bishop Marlin. They have older children. The Bishop’s son does not approve as well as Frances daughter. The romance has its twists and turns. It was a feel good book. Thank you NetGalley and Kensington Books for this early read. This is my honest opinion.
Jill
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
2 starsrs
This Amish book is very hard to follow. There are entirely too many characters and side plots. It was just to hard to keep up with them all, so I finally gave up.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for a honest review.
Beverly Cvercko
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG this series is the greatest!!!
Hubbard makes you feel the spirit if Promise Lodge so much so that I want to move in!
I love all of her books but this series is tops!!!
Please keep this series going.
Vickie
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so happy to read more about Promise Lodge. It's just such a peaceful community to read about. People come looking for refuge from their circumstances and find a family.

This time the focus was on Francis's who has lost her husband within the last year. Her grieving made me realize that we must go on and yet remember their love. Everyone's grieving has it's own time frame and it's best not to judge too quickly.

Twists and turns kept me reading and wondering what would happen next. Right away
Cecilia
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another installment of the story about Promise Lodge. The story involves two previous characters, widow Frances Lehman and Preacher Martin Kurtz and their story.
This was a great read, but it would benefit the reader to have a background by reading the previous books.
I have voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from NetGalley. All views expressed are only my honest opinion
Ann
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is full of emotions. It holds your attention and keeps you turning the pages to see what happens next. The author makes the book come to life with her words and you can feel all the emotions. This is a very heartwarming story and the recipes at the end of the book sound wonderful! Thank you Kensington Books Zebra via NetGalley for the ARC copy of this book. All opinions expressed are my own.
Tina Watson
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, amish
I enjoyed revisiting the characters of the Promise Lodge. I got to catch up on everyone's happenings there. Also met new characters.

More importantly I went through the emotions that some of the characters were experiencing in the book that author Charlotte Hubbard described.
While still mourning her deceased husband and dealing with her daughter's emotional rollercoaster, widow Frances was trying to decide her next life decisions for her daughter and herself, like where to live, how to earn an
Becky
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Three sisters bought an old church campground and transformed it into an Amish community. The sisters transformed the lodge into apartments and the cabins into homes they sold to other Amish families. Frances Lehmann needs to sell her house to cover bills since her husband died. Her daughter, Gloria, is very much against it and is very upset that her mom would think of such a thing. Gloria is also a very spoiled girl who gets upset when a man she likes ends up liking someone else.

At the same
Cheryl Malandrinos
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story from the start. Hubbard truly puts her characters to the test. Poor Frances is pestered by her widowed brother-in-law to see common sense and get married. Her daughter, Gloria, is bitter over not having a special someone in her life and creates challenges for Frances and another young couple. Marlin gets a tiny glimpse of a second chance at love before it is yanked away once Frances is injured. New Beginnings at Promise Lodge is one of those stories where only faith and ...more
Melissa
Sep 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
New Beginnings at Promise Lodge returns us to a small but growing community founded on the premise that all can live in harmony together. The characters within the community make me want to move there. They hold true to the Amish traditions but push the boundaries just a little. Many come to find healing and acceptance. Everyone contributes to the community as well as to the outer English towns.
Frances Lehman was recently widowed. While her marriage was not bad, she finally has a taste of
Pam Burke
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amish
In New Beginnings at Promise Lodge, Charlotte Hubbard takes her readers back for another visit to this unique Amish community for more romance and other engaging tales as the residents work their way through new adventures and challenges.

Some of the Promise Lodge characters find themselves in unfamiliar sets of circumstances, including some who even move into new locations in the community. Established relationships continue and new ones develop as life continues to happen in new and unexpected
Carol Allen
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New Beginnings at Promise Lodge by Charlotte Hubbard allows us a new visit to our friends from there again and catch up with their lives.

Frances Lehman finds herself a widow after twenty years of marriage and she is determined to make a way for herself and her daughter, Gloria, (whom you might consider a pest, ) without help from her brother-in-law and Preacher Marlin Kurtz

Frances discovers that she has made some to hasty decisions while in emotional and physical pain and there is a need for a
Diana
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Widow Frances Lehman is trying to enjoy her first taste of freedom in over twenty years. With her brother-in-law and her daughter pestering her about one thing and another it isn't easy. Frances has to find a way to make a living for herself. If it wasn't for the ladies of Promise Lodge she would have no faith in herself.
Preacher Marlin Kurtz has decided to find a new wife and has his eye on Frances. His first wife has died a few years ago and his eldest son thinks he should stay with family and
Lisa Phillips
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Promise Lodge is a little different than what I expected. I enjoyed the fact that everyone is there to make better lives. The women of the community are very close knit and unconventional for Amish women. Families have moved here for several different reasons. As a community they learn that everyone has their differences and not to judge. A young couple trying to figure out their relationship. A widow and a gentleman testing their chance a love again. A young lady to trying to fit in the ...more
Angela (Kentuckybooklover) Brocato-Skaggs
I have really enjoyed the Promise Lodge series as the characters have built a new town and the new addition is just as good.

This time we get to learn more about Frances and Gloria Lehman as they navigate life after the death of husband and father respectively. Beware, Gloria, is a brat and Frances gets whiney but by the end, you will love them.

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher, Kensington, through NetGalley. Any and all opinions expressed in the above review are entirely my
Ernestine Kaye Haggard
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
New Beginning of Promise Lodge
Well there be healing new love found at Promise Lodge Well Francis and Marlin get a fresh start will new jobs open up for others this is a must read book if you haven't read it you need to get it Charlotte Hubbard had wrote another 5 star book to Promise Lodge Series
Patricia Thompson
Did not keep my attention like the others

I had a hard time reading this book. Lots of breaks. It was a little sad. Maybe I can get back in with the next book because I have !over the Promise Lodge books.
Kay York
Oct 18, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Stitches in Time (The Deacon's Family #2)
  • The Bake Shop (Amish Marketplace #1)
  • An Amish Second Christmas
  • A Christmas Home (The Promise Glen #1)
  • Listening to Love (An Amish Journey #2)
  • Andrew (The Petersheim Brothers #1)
  • Abraham (The Petersheim Brothers #2)
  • The Timepiece
  • An Amish Cookie Club Christmas (The Amish Cookie Club #2)
  • The Farmer's Bride (Amish Brides of Birch Creek #2)
  • A Christmas Haven: An Amish Christmas Romance
  • A Family for Gracie (Amish of Pontotoc #3)
  • A Welcome at Our Door (Amish Homestead #4)
  • The Healing Jar
  • An Amish Christmas Kitchen: Three Novellas Celebrating the Warmth of the Season
  • The Roll of the Drums (The Amish of Weaver's Creek #2)
  • An Amish Christmas Bakery
  • Love at Pebble Creek (Hope Chest of Dreams #5)
Drawing upon her experiences in Jamesport, the largest Old Order Amish community west of the Mississippi, longtime Missourian Charlotte Hubbard (a.k.a. Naomi King) writes of simpler times and a faith-based lifestyle in her new Seasons of the Heart series. Like her heroine, Miriam Lantz, Charlotte considers it her personal mission to feed people—to share hearth and home. Faith and family, farming ...more

Promise Lodge (5 books)
  • Promise Lodge (Promise Lodge, #1)
  • Christmas at Promise Lodge (Promise Lodge, #2)
  • Weddings at Promise Lodge (Promise Lodge, #3)
  • Light Shines on Promise Lodge (Promise Lodge #5)