Start by marking “The Decoy” as Want to Read:

The Decoy

A fake relationship. A bride with a secret. And the world’s most horrible grandmother. What could possibly go wrong?
When two best friends pose as a couple at a wedding, they don’t anticipate their lie will catch up with them. They also don’t anticipate falling for their fellow wedding guests when they team up to stop an impending marriage disaster. What happens at a destin
Published March 24th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Decoy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Decoy

Sammy- Just Let Me Read
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Decoy by S.E. Rose was a light and fun read with an enjoyable storyline. Regan, Zach, Grant and Harrison were interesting characters who got into some crazy situations while trying to stop a family wedding from happening. There were some funny moments involving the other guests at the wedding as the four of them tried to put their plan into motion.

Regan was a great character and I enjoyed reading her interactions with both Zach and Grant. She was so down to earth and loyal, and I was rootin
S.E. Roberts
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazingly hilarious

Once again, SE Rose did NOT disappoint!! I loved everything about this hilarious story. Reagan and Zach meet at a destination wedding and the last thing they expected to find was each other. Their very first meeting is hysterical. I also adored Grant and Harrison who both made it even funnier.

Can’t wait to see what’s next from this author!
Natalie Casey
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a great read!! This book has it all!! Hilarious read with some heavy scenarios, but to top it off, a steamy love story! Author S.E. Rose has written an amazing book and I can't wait to get my hands on more of her books!!!
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Holy Wedding Disaster! The Decoy is exactly what was promised. A story full of scandal and disaster. This book does have romance, but it also has mystery. Take a gander inside and see if you can figure out what is going on.
What happens when your best friend asks you do them a solid and play the decoy girlfriend at a family wedding? Well if you are a good best friend, you say to heck with it and jump on the plane. What they don’t expect is the secrets and scandal that will follow. Or the fact tha
Andrea Martin
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This light and fun read will keep you guessing as to what wild thing will happen next. Its got it all! A destination wedding, a decoy relationship, the matriarch of the family lovingly called "gramma satan" and some unexpected romance between wedding guests. Regan is a loyal down to earth woman who would do anything her best friend Grant asked her to do. Even if it means flying to Mexico for his cousins wedding last minute. Grants cousin Lee is getting married and he needs a girlfriend to hide t ...more
Michele Gay
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
A•R•C ~ I was given The Decoy by S.E. Rose as an Advanced Readers Copy (A•R•C) from Give Me Book Promotions. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book.

5 out of 5 Stars ☆☆☆☆☆ Loved this book!

S.E. Rose has written an amazing romantic comedy with The Decoy. Reagan and Zach are perfect and so are Grant & Harrison. The four characters make the entire book so funny I was crying I was laughing so hard.

Reagan is Grant’s “Decoy” since Grant’s family would cut his inheritance if they found out he wa
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This book is fabulous. The story is fresh, lively and full of laughter, hotness and drama. I simply couldn’t put it down. The writing is wonderful and dragged me right into the middle of their lives. I think I’m in love with all of these men, their characters just jump out of the pages.

I love the main characters, Grant, Zack, Reagan and Harrison. I really liked the friendship between Reagan and Grant, these two will do anything for each other. Reagan is Grant’s ‘decoy ‘ as in she’s pretending t
Susan Homan
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Decoy

This book has it all - steam, laughs, mystery, a destination wedding, best friends. The main characters, Grant, Reagan, Harrison and Zach are all amazing. Grant gets his bestie to be his plus one at his cousins wedding in Mexico. Harrison and Zach are part of the wedding party, as they are fraternity brothers of the groom. Soon there are two new romances blooming, and not with who you might think. Then Grandma Satan is pressuring her grandsons to sign new paperwork about their trust fun
Amy Harrison
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is nothing short but amazing. S.E Rose has suspense and romance all in 1.
Grant and Reagan are BFF’s. They go together to Mexico for his cousins wedding. They pretend to be in an on again off again relationship. Grant does not want to come out to his family that he’s gay.
While on Mexico, Reagan meets Zach, and she’s very interested in him. Grant meet Harrison and they are attracted to each other. Them as a group as 1 mission, break up Grants cousins, Lee’s wedding. They had to prove t
Jenn the Readaholic
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book had it all: comedy, some mystery and intrigue, vacation flings, coming out...everything! Reagan never thought that playing the decoy for her best friend would end in so much drama, handcuffs (not for her, mind you), and a fling-hoping-for-more. She helps her best friend, newfound friends, and fling figure out just WHY the wedding they’re all in a hot, humid, alcohol-laden beach paradise seems so fishy, but none of them EVER expected it all to turn out as it did!

Zach, Reagan’s fling an
Becky Wise
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Decoy is a book that needs to be picked up. If you love family drama, best friends that do anything for each other and out right laughing out loud then this one is for you. I love Grant, Harrison, Zach and Reagan so much. They all click together so well. Grant and Reagan have this amazing friendship. I love how she doesn't mind so much stepping in and playing the decoy when he needs her for family events. The chemistry between Grant and Harrison is amazing. My heart was so happy for them. It ...more
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
S.E. Rose delivers a book that is jam packed with everything from hilarity and steam to drama and mystery with The Decoy. This entire book is like a nonstop adventure! A super fun nonstop adventure full of swoon if we’re getting specific. I was going from dying of laughter to a puddle of swoony mush then straight to “OMG! NO THEY DID NOT!” and back again from start to finish while reading this.
Reagan has been her best friend’s long term decoy when it comes to his family. For years she’s played
Nickie Sale
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not your "typical" romance but a really good read that will have you hooked right from the start. Zach is gay, but when he has to attend a family wedding he needs to keep up appearances that he is in a heterosexual relationship - in come Reagan his best friend who has played this role before. They haven't been at the destination wedding for long when sparks begin to fly with 2 other guests and the groom's best fraternity friends of old Grant and Harrison. What goes on from here can best be descr ...more
Lozzie
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Decoy by SE Rose is a lighthearted and fun read. It is full of scandal and clumsiness and laughter.

I just loved Reagan and Zach. They were so cute together, and I just loved Reagan's attitude and Zach's sweet alphaness. They were just so awesome!

I loved the story! It was so lighthearted and easy to read, and I was just so addicted! It was also so original, and funny as well. I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

Oh and Grant and Harrison were sooo cute, and funny! I just loved them as a du
Ri
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it

A cute and funny light-hearted read. I enjoy the little bit of intrigue as the group tried to unravel the mystery behind Lee and Maggie's upcoming wedding. Great characters that I would not mind seeing again in the future. The premise of the storyline was cute. I really liked the character Reagan. She was real (eye roll and all) and thought she was perfect for Zach.

My only frustration with this book was the ending. The whole story revolved around the wedding but not much focus was place
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This is a delightful little story about a true wedding disaster which contains a little scandal, a little drama, and a little romance. Excellent balance. Reagan Monroe has grown accustomed to standing in as her friend Grant’s decoy at family affairs, but this one turns out a little bit differently. Zach is on a guy’s trip to the wedding of one of his frat brothers. The attraction is I stand, and you get the added bonus of a little mystery and a fair amount of drama. Great, easy read.

Reviewed by:
Danielle Monteleone
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a hook, line and sinker book! It hooks you by the title, you read all the lines and you sink into the story and never want to come out. I was lucky enough to receive an ARC and as always this book did not disappoint. Raegan and Zach have such a strong chemistry that you you can feel in it your soul. I wanted cry for the family but I loved it and when I came to the end was hoping that there would be more. I want a love story on Grant and Harrison and more on Zach and Raegan. SERose d ...more
Lauren
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jolene St Germain Triggs
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Really enjoyed the twists and turns of this new book by a new to me author! Great premise, wonderful meet-cute, loved Reagan and Zac's dynamic from the start. Their chemistry was hot. Grant was the perfect comic relief on their drunken adventures. I loved the thrill of figuring out the mysteries behind the scenes of Reagan and Zac's love story. I hope we hear more about their HEA in future books.
V Meade
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this destination wedding story. It's got everything. Bridezilla, suspense, grandma-satan, wedding fling. Zach and Reagan are so good together. I love how this story has a happy for now ending. I love how things worked out even with Reagan being a decoy and Zach having a few insecurities and maybe being a little bit of a snob toward the filthy rich.

I can't wait to read more by S.E. Rose!!!
Samantha Waldow
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so hilarious. Reagan and Grant have the best friendship. Grant needed her. His grandmother is so conservative that he was scared if she found out he was gay he would be disowned, like his sister Beth. He calls upon Reagan for help to be his decoy. Little do these 2 know that they both will fall for someone that is a wedding guest. I loved this book. It made me laugh so hard throughout the book. Definitely a must read
Sherise louise
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, it had everything i love
1. A secret
2. Someone to hate
And
3. LOVEEEEE!
I loved Reagan i loved how she always had her friend back, she was a funny and strong character,I felt sorry for Grant with having to even USE a decoy, F**k his grandma, im happy he got his love ☺
Zack was a little hotty, he was loyal and smart, him an Reagan, yeah those two together was kinda hot!! I loved that this book wasn't just a norml romance the mistery was a really good touch.
I would definitely recom
Danielle
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute story! The 4 main characters, Grant, Reagan, Harrison and Zach were great! I loved the way they all got along and it led to a lot of humor in the story. This is my first book by this author and I really enjoyed her writing style and the flow of the story. I will definitely check out this author again in the future.
Angela Royster
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a funny story with great characters Reagan, Grant, Harrison, Zach and Grandma Satan. Reagan is supposed to be a plus one at her best friends family destination wedding. Sometimes not everything goes as planned but that's what friends are for. I really enjoyed reading this. I received an ARC of this and volunteered to review it.
Sharon
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book by this author. She writes with heart and humor. The characters are amazing Grant and Reagan’s friendship. Harrison and Zack.
The family dynamics and how friends can become your family. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. There is romance but so much more.
I highly recommend this book.
Denise Anderson
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute, funny, fast paced, adventure and romance book all in one. I enjoyed all the characters. Regan and Zach were the 2 main characters and with them 2 always on an adventure trying to find out about her friends cousins grandmothers push to get him married was just hilarious. This book will keep you going and guessing the whole time.
Michelle
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was funny, but also has some unexpected twists. There are many interesting characters who I hope will come up in other books where the author will tell us their stories. The main characters in this book are perfect for each other and have awesome chemistry. I love them together and want to hear more about them.
Messy Bun Book Blog
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book! The characters were well written and completely likable! I'm not going to lie, there are a ton of characters introduced in rapid-fire, but once you get them down you fall for all of them! LOVED this storyline and the friendship between all the characters. I cannot for more from this author!
Lisa Hahn
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story had me laughing. Grant asked his Best Friend to be his decoy for a cousins wedding. What happens is lots of crazy shennigans. They becoming chummy with their neighbors. They fall in love.. while all this plays out, they have a wedding to stop, find out what grandma is up to.
Very well written story and plots. I was hooked from the opening. Sad it ended.
this book has it all.
Bella
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this laugh-out-loud romantic comedy a lot! Great premise, and while it's been done many times before I did think that the author's approach was unique and unpredictable. Fantastic characters with just enough character development to keep it interesting the whole way through. Sizzling chemistry throughout and some truly hilarious moments.