Start by marking “Reclaiming Psyche: Gods and Monsters Book 1” as Want to Read:
Reclaiming Psyche: Gods and Monsters Book 1

Reclaiming Psyche: Gods and Monsters Book 1

There was a spark. And then he was gone, and she's left with a little more than she bargained for...

Paige
I had it all handled. I had a great job, with my slightly crazy best friend, and I was doing my damnedest to raise my little girl all by myself, with maybe a little help from my friends. Didn't matter that I hadn't really known Hannah's dad. What mattered was that I
Published January 6th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Reclaiming Psyche, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reclaiming Psyche

Start your review of Reclaiming Psyche: Gods and Monsters Book 1
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 sweet and charming stars!!

Paige had a single one night stand with a sexy Special Forces Operative who disappeared the same night. And she was left with a little more than she had bargained for...

Paige had taken all the precautionary measures. She was on the pill and they even used a condom; so there was absolutely no way she could have gotten pregnant! Except that she did! Because Paige didn't remember being blessed by one of her best friends that morning after sneezing. And she completely
L. Powell
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
So paranormal romance isn’t my go to genre, but this book kept me intrigued the whole way through.

Paige is a strong character who can certainly hold her own and doesn’t need a man beside her. She loves her daughter fiercely and would do anything for her. I liked Paige, she was cool.
Nik wants Paige and has done for many years.
As the two of them reconnect, they have some stuff to work through.
I did like the easy relationship between the two characters and their banter. Also the scenes with
Lawrence Hall
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an intriguing read, and a great take on the age-old tale. While there are some typos and grammatical errors, the story was interesting enough that I was able to overlook those and continue on. It starts off hot to draw you in, and the story never lets you leave. A definite recommendation.
Philippa
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually read a paranormal-themed novel, as it's not my go-to genre when reading books, but I was delightfully surprised and pleased with this one, that I didn't regret giving it a chance or spending a single penny on it.

As a first release, I am very pleased with the quality of writing as I progressed through this story. First-time releases for authors are a wonderous thing that has taken a lot of time and care into producing which is clearly shown when you yourselves read through this.

Joshua Grffith
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An intriguing and creative story

I thoroughly enjoyed this one! The gods have returned to earth, becoming one with certain people in order to push Hades back down into the underworld, which is different. The story revolves around Nik and Paige, who have a one night stand that results in her getting pregnant, despite using a condom and the pill. Nik leaves her due to military orders. He leaves a note which Paige doesn't find. Fast forward four years later, their paths cross in the Oracle building,
Daria
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just wow.

This novel was everything. Literally a mixture of Greek, Egyptian, and Roman Gods. Even an archangel. What may seem like an overload was not. This book was so well written I couldn't put it down until the very end.

Nik the strong Alpha male broke the mold with his sweet insecurities. It was a perfect balance.

Paige was strong and witty. She really told things how they were and just wasn't afraid to speak her mind. I loved it. I love her and Nik together. They are so perfect for
Ashley Ford
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked the creative idea behind this book, Gods returning to Earth in human form or manifesting as the author puts it. With certain "paranormal beings" being written about to death, this was something new. The characters were colorful and funny and I found the plot fresh and interesting. I adored the father/daughter scenario with Nik and Hannah, even more the focus on family. The few cons I had with this book were structural. I found several run on sentences that affected the flow of ...more
Louise Jackson
A not so typical one night stand has more than the usual consequences for both participants. Nik and Paige literally fancy the pants off one another, but as in real life, the road to true romance rarely runs smooth.

Absloutely love the author's way of telling this story. The scene setting is intriging. Not quite sure how other readers imagined it, but the thought of a towerblock of ultra modern apartments housing all the Gods, was a new one on me. A real page turner while keeping the romance
Ainsley O'Neil
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun Gods and Monsters romance!

I really enjoyed the whole concept behind this book. I’m a sucker for reengineered mythology and I loved the idea of the gods coming back to Earth and manifesting themselves in humans. The romance was hot and the characters made me laugh out loud. There were some errors that did take me away from the story from time to time, but I enjoyed the world that the author built and think it’s a great debut book from Newman. 4.5 stars for this highly imaginative and steamy
Genevieve Raas
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The gods have come to earth, and they have a mission. I really loved the concept of this fantastic paranormal romance!

The plot was well paced, and I enjoyed learning who was what god. The characters were also wonderful, and had a great depth to them, especially Nik and Paige. The chemistry between them was electric, and I loved every scene between them.

If you love paranormal romances, especially those centering on gods, then this is the book for you! I can’t wait to read book 2!

Five stars!
Karin Aston
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet, sexy and fun story about ancient Gods who have come back to live amongst humans and the love story between Paige and Nik AKA as Eros. It snagged my attention from the beginning and I enjoyed the easy going banter between the main characters, Paige and Nik aka Eros, and their great chemistry. The story builds nicely as we get to know them, their daughter and their friends and it’s easy to immerse yourself in their ‘slightly complicated’ lives. The ending left me wanting more and ...more
C.A. King
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a way to start off - jump right into a steamy sex scene! It only takes a few sentences to confirm there is a lot of action in this book!

While it has some far fetched ideas that seem to come part and parcel with love scenes these days (ie: telling a girl to come and she does on demand), the author does a good job in the the overall heat department.

Allie Abernathy
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I want more!! I really liked this book! It was a unique story, unlike anything I've read before. Gods coming back to Earth is such a great idea! I would absolutely recommend this book if you're a fan of any paranormal, sci-fi, or fantasy romance books. And I hope that it'll turn into a series because I'd love to hear more from the other characters.... namely Baal!!!!
Sutton
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved the concept. Gods manifesting in humans is a very unique and intriguing story line and is handled with a great sense of humor and a deft hand. From the first page it’s a fun romance with plenty of steam between Paige and Nik to keep things hot. I’m very interested in seeing where the author will go with book two.
Eileen Sheehan
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
As a fan of fantasy and paranormal, the concept of gods returning to earth was right up my ally. I found the writing a bit rough, but the plot itself and the characters were strong so that made up for it. It's a fast read, which, in today's world of overbooked schedules is a nice thing. All in all, i t was a good read with solid potential for a second book. Would I recommend it? Absolutely.
India Kells
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hot romance with a hint of magic
I love the concept of gods known and acting in this world. It's a really entertaining story with funny lines and characters. The physical attraction between Nik and Paige is hot and I can't wait for book 2.
Naomi E.
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fast-paced and steamy paranormal fantasy which hooks you from the start. A unique concept of Gods returning to Earth alongside a hot romance between two really likeable characters. A page-turner!
Taryn Sloane
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A story you will fall in love with.

Loved the story of Eros and Psyche. I know you will too. A very sweet but steamy love story with interesting characters that you cant help but want to know better. Pick this jewel up if you have the chance. You will be glad you did.
Ainsley O'Neil
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun Gods and Monsters romance!

Tiffany Young
I loved this story. The emotions you feel with the main characters capture you from beginning to end. I got a little confused in the beginning because I didnt know that there were creatures, Gods and more. The more I read it became hard to stop reading. Loved it. The author is amazing!
K.O. Newman
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
K.O. Newman
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Caro
Traci
Jul 03, 2019
A.S. Romance
Aug 23, 2019

• Vigilante (The Vigilante Series, #1)
  • The Gift
  • Song of Smoke: A Dragon Shifter Romance (The King's Series Book 1)
  • Of Blood and Antiquity
  • Release (Tandro, #1)
  • The Gift-Knight's Quest
  • Reluctant Heiress (The Brisand Family Saga, #1)
  • The Jracon's Burden (Odonata Chronicles, #1)
  • Fractured Heart (LUV Academy #1)
  • Luck (4Clover Series, #1)
  • Candy Cane Capers
  • Bared - Beneath a Myriad of Skies
  • Pairs with Pinot
  • Summer at Enid's
  • Nadine's Champion (Icehome, #8)
  • Beneath Still Water
  • The Roommate's Desires
  • In the Assassin's Arms (Daggers of Desire, #1)