Start by marking “The Blood Prince (Sovereign, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Blood Prince (Sovereign, #3)

The Blood Prince

(Sovereign #3)

The price of freedom is always paid in blood.

The sovereigns of the Silver have awakened, but the Queen is a fractured shell of the woman Cam remembers. He hopes to put her back together by finding her son, the missing prince. At least, that’s what he tells his friends when he leaves for the Red.

Back in the Blue, Julia’s old tormentor Rufus is houndi
Published February 20th 2019 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about The Blood Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blood Prince

Start your review of The Blood Prince (Sovereign, #3)
Siobhan
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Josie Jaffrey has created a wonderful world with her Solis Invicti series and the Sovereign spin-off, and with each book I read I find myself sucked in ever deeper. With The Blood Prince, I was both desperate for more and scared of saying goodbye. It’s a world I’ve come to love, one I’ve come to truly adore, and I was determined to savour the experience.

I was also desperate for answers, meaning I devoured The Blood Prince in the same way I have devoured all my Josie Jaffrey reads. ...more
Valerie - Cats Luv Coffee
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Blood Prince is the third and final novel in the Sovereign series. If you didn't catch my review of The Gilded King, the first book in the series, you can read it here. I was completely enthralled by TGK and gladly volunteered to ride out the series. I love how the covers emerge with the story, changing from the tiniest creep of Red on TGK, into this bold, saturated beauty.

Read more at Cats Luv Coffee
Princess
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was action packed. Lots of Weepers. People become stronger and people fall in love. Emmy is very upset and acting out because she can’t find her son. We find her son and it is a very action packed ending. Worth the read!!
Kristina (Books-and-dachshunds)
** Disclaimer: I have received a copy of this book from the author for review purpose. This has in no way, shape or form affected my opinion on it **

See the full review on the blog!

Through the journey, i’ve became even more attached to Julia’s, Lucas’ and Cam’s characters; cherishing their very different relationships than one another’s. But espec
legenbooksdary
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The last instalment in the series, The Blood Prince is ultimately a great conclusion and wrap up for the Sovereign series. It didn't feel too rushed and wasn't too slow which I really enjoyed and the climax of the story got me at the edge of my seat.

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before but I really like the narrations that go back and forth between Julia and Cam. I'm just so intrigued by the entire world building that perhaps there should be more. Maybe the author could consider writing
Shirley Cuypers
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Original review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Josie Jaffrey!

The Blood Prince
is the third and final book in the Sovereign series and tells the story of Julia, Cam and their friends.

The Blood Prince was yet again another amazing Paranormal book by Josie Jaffrey. I loved all the books in the Solis Invicti series and the first two books in the Sovereign series, so it wasn’t a surprise that I was going to love The Blood Prince.

I think that Josie Jaffrey’s cre/>The/>This
Krisha||Bookathon
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Blood Prince is the perfect end to this amazing series! The story of Cam and Julia continues and it gets really interesting. You’ll want to keep on reading but at the same time, you’ll not want it to get over.
The epilogue was absolutely beautiful and this is one of the definitely one of the best dystopian series!

You can read my full review here: https://bookathonblog.wordpress.com/2...
V
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, vampires
Why I chose this book:
After The Gilded King and The Silver Queen, I couldn't pass up the conclusion! I am thrilled to be part of a blog tour (see my website); Sovereign is one of the most engrossing trilogies I've read in recent years! A review copy was provided in conjunction with this blog tour and in exchange for an honest review.

Review

The Blood Prince is book three, and I am guessing that you have been with me for the first two books. That said, let me bring you
Erica Mae Campos
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review originally published on my blog, Living a Hundred Lives

I was so excited to get on with this because The Silver Queen ended with a question hanging that really hyped up the next book. Needless to say, I wasn’t disappointed! It feels so good to be able to read and review two books that are both the last in a trilogy!

With the first two book being really good, I felt safe in reading The Blood Prince because I know it was really going to be an awesome reading experience.
KarenJo Custodio
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a BLOODY AMAZING and MIND-BLOWING finale! I’m truly happy with how it ended, but sad that it’s over and I don’t know. I’m definitely feeling a book slump creeping in.

So, I binged The Silver Queen and The Blood Prince back to back and I’m glad I did cause there was no way I was going to just wait patiently after that insane cliffhanger. Not even a few pages into this book and I was already feeling uneasy about who could the Blood Prince be. I had my theories, but I kept switc
Brittany Lamb
Thank you to the author for sending me a free advanced reading copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I’m so sad to be writing this review because it means that this wonderful series is over and I’m not prepared for that. ):

I honestly did not know that I could enjoy a vampire series this much, but Josie Jaffrey wrote them in a way unlike any other. The entire dystopian world that she built is entirely different from anything I’ve ever read and I fell in love with the se
Fraser's Fun House
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Blood Prince picks up where The Silver Queen left off as the sovereigns search for their lost son begins. With scant detail about the lady who promised to deliver the Prince back to the Blue, Cameron vows not to rest until he finds him and implementing his plan to change the world upon his return. Heading back out into the Red with his partner Felix, Cameron soon discovers that things have changed in the short time he has been away and the forests are now overrun with deadly weepers as well ...more
Ramona Plant
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Josie Jaffrey knows how to bring her series to an end with a huge crescendo with The Blood Prince! The author has kept the reader on their toes the entire series, including in the first series on which this one is based, and I for one was curious to see how she would conclude this one, and if she would "finish" it, and you will read for yourself to see how she left it.

The plot of this book is very well developed, having some nice twists and turns and finally revealing the secrets we have all be
2shay
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
2shay’s review……….

Stunningly Brilliant!

Josie Jaffrey took an innovative approach to a paranormal, apocalyptic story and crafted it into a captivating look at political power and greed.

I loved this story from the first page of Ms. Jaffrey’s Solis Invicti series. Having finished both series, I am more captivated than ever. In Solis Invicti, a virus is set loose in the world, turning humans into “weepers”, forcing the Silver (vampires) to reveal themselves to pro
Brenda
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review is part of The Blood Prince's Blog Tour that began on February 14 and ends on March 9 (you can check out the complete review here: https://momentosdeataraxia.blogspot.c...).

The Blood Prince is the third book in this saga, so spoilers will be inevitable, but I will try not to advance much more than what's written in the synopsis.

So, we finish the second book with the return of Julia, who after venturing into the Red, reunites with Lucas and together they return to the Blue to save the city.

At
yorkshirebooknerd
“The price of freedom is always paid in blood.”

After the awakening of the Silver king and the return of the Silver queen, life in the Blue should have improved. However the queen is not the same woman she used to be. Desperate to find her son, so that he can get his friend and queen back, Cam is once again heading into the Red.

Julia’s life in the Blue isn’t any easier either than before the awakening of the king either. Rufus is still determined to make her his and is quite happy to
Hannah Jones
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you have followed me for a while, last year I reviewed the Solis Invicti series which is linked to this series, but is the series to read first. And I fell in love with Emmy and Sol.

Firstly I love Josie's descriptive writing, the writing is well structured as always, I cannot critique Josie's skills. Josie Includes other languages, different backgrounds and sexuality.
Josie is very tasteful throughout her books, romance, action and suspense is present, however this series has
Michelle (Love, Stars and Books)
(I received a free eARC from the author for a voluntary and honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own)Book review: The Blood Prince (Sovereign #3) By Josie Jaffrey (4 stars)

The Blood Prince (Sovereign #3) By Josie Jaffrey
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Romance,Dystopian
Rating: 4/5 stars

(Review)
(DISCLAIMER: All thoughts and opinions are my own)

Cam is determined to help Emmy, the Queen, find her son as she is wrecked by the separation. Cam
Leslie Baker
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Solaire_writing
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was the last book in the series and it really contained everything we needed. Passion, thrill and lots of gold and silver (Insider joke).

All my favorite characters got a part and they got stronger and stronger in this book. I loved how the development made me love characters I hated before and the other way around. That was really good story telling and character development! Also in this book were a lot more twists and turns than in the past two and I loved how it surprise
Cassandra **The Bibliophagist**
see my review here: https://thebibliophagist.blog/2019/03...

This is the third book in Josie’s Sovereign series and it can not be read as a stand-alone novel. I once again will say, if you are looking for a more adult vampire novel but not one that turns into a smutty romance…this is the one for you, the entire series is actually!

It’s hard for me to review this novel when I enjoyed it so much. I sat for a while with a blank screen in front of me, unsure of what to write other than “This book is really good, go rea
Mandy Parmenter
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
In this last book in the series, the Silver might have awakened but the Queen is a shell of who she was and Cam is determined t fix her by finding her missing son when he leaves for the Red. Rufus torments Julia but she has a plan to bring the Nobles to their knees using blood.

This was definitely an book through of drama, danger and excitement. As before the world building from the author is outstanding and that made the rest of the story gel together as a great story. Of the charact
Sarah Sherwood
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of fantasy
Shelves: 2019-books
Well, it's done. At the end, I want to punch Emmy in the face. That hasn't changed.

I feel like I've been in the world and visited it for so long. It's a comfortable place. Not the Blue, but the world of the Silver. Speaking of colors. I really liked when the story took us into the Red. The Blue was so lackluster, so confined. Jaffrey did a great job making me hate the status quo throughout all of her stories.

Back to The Blood Prince itself...Cameron's story was very capti
Brittany Smith
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well folks what an ending!

I love a series that when it closes all questions are answered and there isn’t any doubts as to what’s happened. Is there room for another book in the series, yes but it’ll be different characters stories; I feel like this book gave us everything we could possibly ask for!

I’ve said it before but it’s worth repeating, it’s a great original idea/story and I’m so happy to have read this amazing adventure. The characters hook you in and they plant a poet of the
Jo
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm unhappy.  Not with the book.  Not with the author (OK, maybe a little bit here - she messed with Sol and Emmy's HEA).

No.  I'm unhappy, because a series that I have really and truly loved, is coming to an end. So, my enjoyment of this final chapter was bitter sweet really.

As always, the writing is excellent and pulls the reader along for a bumpy ride.  I didn't like some of the choices that our protagonists made, but only because I was invested in a good outcome for ev
Arianna Curley
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you again to the author for the ebook in exchange for an honest review!

The Blood Prince is the thrilling conclusion to the Sovereign trilogy that starts with The Gilded King.

This one follows an expanded cast of characters as their world changes once again. The line between the red and the blue is starting to blur.

As I was reading, I wanted to know the fate of the characters I had grown attached to over the previous two books. But at the same time I didn’t want it to end becau
Dearna (Words of the Roses)
4.5*

For my full review: https://wordsoftheroses.com/2019/03/0...

"''...Why Don't we write the ending instead, about a girl who wants to save her people, and a knight who'll defy his King do what's right. We could make that our fairytale. We could make it mean something, Lucas'"

This is a fantastic conclusion to the series! But, at the same time, I still want more from these characters. Josie Jaffrey has left the world open for another series —maybe just my wishful thinking.

I love that we get to see the story from b/>
Lauren Knapper
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The third and final book in the Sovereign series has not disappointed. Once again, from the very first page, I was hooked into this vampire dystopian and following my favourite characters. The writing is excellent throughout the entire novel. It’s filled with action, romance, character development that is so true to real life. A wonderfully satisfying end to the series.
Scarlett
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book - couldn’t put it down as I had to find out how the trilogy ended! It was finished neatly with no loose ends (that I can think of). I would recommend this trilogy to any fantasy lovers and I can’t wait to read the prequel series to explore this universe further.
Laura Douglas
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wonderful series.

• Kingdom Cold
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • The Quiet You Carry
  • Hallow (Celestial Creatures #2)
  • In Another Life
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
  • The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)
  • The Beast's Heart
  • Into the Hourglass (The Evermore Chronicles, #2)
  • King of Fools (The Shadow Game, #2)
  • Shadow Frost (Shadow Frost, #1)
  • Peter Darling
  • Soul of the Sword (Shadow of the Fox, #2)
  • Myths and Mortals (Numina #2)
  • The Twisted Tree
  • Proud
  • King of Ash and Bone (Shattered Realms #1)
  • The Shadowglass (The Bone Witch, #3)
I have always written stories, but it wasn't until I started the first book in the Solis Invicti series in 2014 that I really became obsessed with writing. I love to read, particularly where the escapism of the story is enhanced with an element of fantasy or science fiction. For me, writing is simply an extension of that journey, but I get to decide what happens next (though it's amazing how often ...more

Sovereign (3 books)
  • The Gilded King (Sovereign, #1)
  • The Silver Queen (Sovereign #2)