Start by marking “Graham's Delicacies” as Want to Read:
Graham's Delicacies

Graham's Delicacies

Six people and three love stories all in one bakery.

Saccharine
Jen goes to work, agonizes over college, and looks forward to the stolen moments in the kitchen. There she can watch Emilie bake love into every morsel. Their delicate friendship takes a step towards a budding romance, but will Jen’s anxiety help them survive their first hurdle?

Delectable
James has never been k
Published March 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Graham's Delicacies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Graham's Delicacies

Start your review of Graham's Delicacies
Silvia
I was sent this book as an advanced copy for reviewing purposes, but all opinions are my own.

One word: SWEET

Graham's Delicacies follows three different romances revolving around a bakery. Everyone is queer and every romance is differently structured with different tropes and different pairings so there is really something for everyone.

Saccharine follows Jen, a Black bisexual waitress with anxiety, and Emilie, the chubby and anxious nonbinary baker that caught her eye (and her heart). It
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
*I received a copy of this book for the blog tour, this in no way affected my opinion

Actual rating: 4.5 stars

Original review posted on my blog : Word Wonders

I am so so thrilled to be part of the blog tour for GRAHAM’S DELICACIES because 1/ I love and admire the author a lot, and I loved all the stories in this collection SO MUCH. It just made my heart soar, and gave me all the happy, fuzzy and comfort feels! So I’m excited to share with you both my review AND aesthetics I’ve made for each and e
Anniek
Saccharine 4/5

When my copy of this book arrived, Em said they hoped it would make me smile at least once. And l can only say this first story already succeeded in that multiple times. It was so funny and so sweet, and I loved how domestic the bakery setting was.

Rep: black bisexual MC with anxiety, fat non-binary love interest with anxiety.

Delectable 3.5/5

James was such a lovable main character. He's such a disaster, but in the best way possible. I loved his relationship with Sam, but I did think
Romie
I just have all the soft feelings for this book and its three short stories omg. I loved each story, but I think my fave was the one following James and Sam, Delectable. I'm so soft right now, huh, I'm a marshmallow (4.25)
Talia Hibbert
Eeeeeeee!!!!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Haha um okay let me just uh gather my thoughts for a sec...

So I actually read this book a while back (which, woo, I feel like a Fancy Publishing Insider) and it was amazing, but I reread in honour of release day and it’s still amazing, and I have so many feelings. FEELS. Etcetera. And so on. Wow words are hard okay here we go:

If you are searching for a sweet, sexy escape that feels like delighted, sunshiney, giggly healing - especially if you’re a queer pers
Leah
This collection of shorts is super cute with lots of pining! Read the review on my blog. ...more
Rena
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, need-to-own
I really enjoyed Graham's Delicacies, a candy-sweet story about three couples falling in love in a Los Angeles bakery. Each character has his/her/their own backstory and progression; the get-together, both in the relationship and in the bedroom, is what Mina Waheed does best. I'm a person who loves slow-burn romances and charming love stories, with a dash of dirty. That's the heart of Graham's Delicacies.

Even though there are times, the sweetness gets laid on a little too thick, l'm definite
USOM
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
(Disclaimer: I received this book from the author. This has not impacted my review which is unbiased and honest.)

Graham's Delicacies made me swoon. I don't normally read a ton of romance books, so this book definitely brought me back to my nostalgic paranormal romance days. But even more so, the stories bring the heat, whether it be with a few explicit scenes (see content warnings), or the passionate love between characters. If you are a fan of diverse swoony and emotional stories, with a sprink
M
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm biased, I was an early reader for one of the stories. But I stand by what I've been saying. This book... Means the world to me in many ways. I adore the characters and I just love the softness. The low-angst. The queerness and the respect and kindness the characters treat each other with. It was also very sexy. The comfort read of comfort reads for me.
meghana
Jul 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.75/ 5 ✨

Super freaking cute, I’ll admit the writing wasn’t the best but legit absolutely gave me fEelings. My fav story was Jamie and Sam’s. ThE pIning.

Read this for great LGBT rep, steamy scenes and just general good feelings 💓
Solly
This was so sweet!

These are three very queer love stories, in a lovely bakery that made me want to eat so much cakes! All of them are very sweet but also hella sexy!

My favourite story is probably the last one, Ravenous, mainly because I think Alex is my favourite character of them all. They're an enby baker and probably the character I related to the most!

It was a quick read full of soft feelings, nerdy references and great characters and so! many! cats! Literally every story has at least a l
Shelly Shore
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
disclosure: I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I’ll be honest: I’m picky about my romance.

It’s probably a side effect of growing up queer and creative. Watching and reading traditional romances, I never really related to the characters or stories: they were too straight, too thin, too cis. The happily-ever-afters were too predictably heteronormative for me to enjoy. It wasn’t that I didn’t like the tropiness of it--who doesn’t love a good friends-to-lovers story, or
Jessica
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it

3 short stories and they are all super sweet super fluffy and super sexy!
There's no angst and it's a really fun read for when you're just in the mood for something short and sweet to brighten up your day.

I loved reading about Jen and Em, they are so open about their affections for each other. It was really nice to read about characters already in a relationship because let's be real a big majority of romance stories are about the process of falling in love and getting together. Not to s
Pallavi
You can find the full spoiler-free review (part of the Graham's Delicacies Blog Tour) on my blog here.

This was a beautiful, lush collection of stories that I was happy to devour (pun fully intended). To be perfectly candid, I went in with high expectations. The author had completely floored me before, so I was ready for it to happen again. And, well, Em Ali did not disappoint in the least.

All six characters were woven so well into the fabric of the dessert shop, and into each other's lives - but
Nicole Field
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: enby-characters
This book is a light and fluffy read, with three interlinking stories with people of various sexualities and gender, all around the bakery called Graham.

Before I get into the review of the stories themselves, I want to offer a quick note about the content warnings listed at the very beginning, because I've seen various warnings listed before now, but this is the first time I've seen explicit sex scenes listed and I just appreciated that beyond words.

First up, we get the story "Saccharine", whi
Sheila Loosevelt
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The place was a queer haven. There was Jen, a bisexual waitress enamored with Emilie, and who was loved in return by them, and James and Sam, who were painful gay mirrors of another's pining.

As someone who loves both writing and reading fanfiction, this was the perfect quick read. If you love queer romances, healthy relationships, and coffee shop/bakery AUs: look no further. I recently purchased both of Em Ali's books on kindle, and made the mistake of thinking this was their first novel (when i
natalie
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
3 fluffy stories to brighten your day! truly we are blessed. I really figured i would know exactly who my faves would be (i mean i liked them all but!!) it was Alex and Yujin. Who would've guessed??? i only say so because i read a super early draft of Jen/Emilie and James/Sam's story and fell for Sam then James immediately but wow Alex eased their way to top spot. i love them so much! Their pettiness lol

There were obviously things i loved about each character because they're all so different and
Romana

ARC supplied by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

Em Ali seriously hits it out of the park with this collection of three stories all about the employees at Graham's Delicacies. The stories are diverse featuring characters of colour and non-binary characters. All of the stories manage to be soft and sweet while also being undeniably sexy. All of the characters are well developed, with references made to their interests, families, pets, and the lives they lead outside of the place

Shawna
Aug 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, m-m, own-voices, ebook
After the first story, I was planning to give this book 2 stars. However, the second and third stories were a little more . . . restrained.

Saccharine - 2 stars. The narrator of this story is very OTT and, to my mind, there wasn't much of a story. New baker shows up, Jen likes them, they dither around a bit, then get together.

Delectable - 3.5 stars. I'm always a sucker for pining, and this was more my jam. Also, getting a stern straight-laced character drunk to reveal feelings is a time-tested t
L ✨
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 ⭐

I preordered Graham's Delicacies when it was announced because 1) I loved Soft on Soft and 2) I wanted to support the author but also 3) QUEER SHORT STORIES YES PLEASE

Saccharine is about Jen that we saw briefly in Soft on Soft. She's a waitress at Graham's Delicacies and she's the cutest person ever ♥ I loved her and her relationship with her family and coworker, she's the kind of person that makes you smile easily
Not only this story is an introduction to the cast and the bakery but we fol
Ana
Jul 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Three short stories that take place in a bakery. All super cute.

Graham's Delicacies is a small business with a fully queer, diverse staff that will give you all kinds of feelings

Saccharine: f/nonbinary
Jen & Emilie
Very cute. Very supportive of each other. I loved seeing the presemt relationship & a flashback to the beginning.

Delectable: m/m
James & Sam
my favorite of the three. Loved the grumpy virgo who was just over aware of himself. It was nice seeing Sam, a fun loving bookworm break him out hi
Natalie
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed this short story collection! It was a lot of fun to read.

Literally all the couples in this collection were so cute in their own way! Alex and James were by far my favorite characters. They were both kind of messy, and I found that relatable. They also both put their partners through a bit of hell before they got together, and that was just fun.

I do have to say that Ravenous shook me with its start. The smut in the other two stories was pretty mild, but Ravenous did n
Liz
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Some cute and queer short stories about a group of friends. I thought this was sweet (not just because it was set in a bakery) and liked the character's relationships with each other but didn't enjoy it as much as Soft on Soft. Maybe because they were short stories, I felt like I didn't get as much time to know each character. As with Soft on Soft, Graham's Delicacies could also do with some editing.
Aayushi
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was so so wonderful. Each of the stories centered pure queer happiness and that’s all I’ve ever wanted to read. It had fanfiction vibes which I mean in the best way possible– fanfic used to be the only place where I saw such open and joyful queer characters. These characters, the fantastic writing, and the tropes I’ve always loved, everything came together wonderfully. Please check out these short stories everyone!!
Gillian
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it

This book could use some further editing, but I found the three short stories here sweet enough to overcome that deficit. It’s a fluffy, light confection about some lovely people who fall in love while working at the same queer-friendly bakery. It prioritizes consent and kindness, and basically feels like the written version of a favourite dessert - without all the pesky calories.
Melissa
Gaaaaaaah!!! I love these cuties!!! Review to come.
Fotini
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, publishers, ebooks
Actual rating: 4.5 stars

*will review in depth later!*
♡
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
4 ⭐️

i ordered serotonin and graham’s delicacies delivered
Saripped
May 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
So pointless and boring =(

• Meet Cute Club (Sweet Rose #1)
  • Goddess of The Hunt
  • Tikka Chance on Me
  • As Kismet Would Have It (Dimple and Rishi, #1.5)
  • Mrs. Martin’s Incomparable Adventure (The Worth Saga, #2.75)
  • Work for It (Just for Him, #4)
  • That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)
  • Once Ghosted, Twice Shy (Reluctant Royals, #2.5)
  • The Babysitter (Encounters, #1)
  • American Dreamer (Dreamers #1)
  • Can't Escape Love (Reluctant Royals, #2.6)
  • Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • The Boy & The Bindi
  • Guarding Temptation
  • Room for Three? (Erotic Accommodations, #1)
  • The Sound of Stars
  • Lobizona (Wolves of No World, #1)
  • A Little Light Mischief (The Turner Series, #3.5)
Mina grew up on TV and K-pop like many in their generation. They learned a lot about how to be a hermit and not interact with people, but they love to hear from readers! Reach Mina through social media or email if you’re shy like them.