Start by marking “Kissed at Midnight (The Lost Royals Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Kissed at Midnight (The Lost Royals Book 1)

Kissed at Midnight

(The Lost Royals #1)

Princess Sidony of L'Ortagia serves as the queen's hostess, leaving affairs of state to her sister Zara. During a masquerade ball, Sidony kisses a handsome stranger only to discover he's Prince Adrian of Embury, a man with a fearsome reputation and the emissary sent to arrange her sister's marriage. Worried her actions will damage the budding alliance, she convinces Adrian ...more
Published January 8th 2019 by Ainsley Wynter Press

To ask other readers questions about Kissed at Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kissed at Midnight

Start your review of Kissed at Midnight (The Lost Royals Book 1)
Debbie Eyre
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read. Well written with a fantastic plot this is full of suspense, drama, magic, conflict, romance and tons of emotions! I love the main characters and their connections and I loved the atmosphere and I cannot wait to read more!
Myron Clifton
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this unique romance novel by Ainsley Wynter., and gleefully rate it 5 stars. The story is honest - lovers with secrets, different yet connected danger to both, kingdoms at stake, and multiple forms of magic used for good and not so good.

I am not a romance reader but came across the story after a delightful Twitter interaction with the author, which piqued my curiosity and led me to read.

I really enjoyed the main characters, Sidony with her optimism, big heart, and fearlessness
Kaye
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ONE PHENOMENAL TREAT!!!
Wow-za! Ainsley brandished the magic, blazed the walls, led the charge and conquered the castle, melding this baby together piece by piece seamlessly. One mesmerizing, sensational, tantalizing, block buster, rushing forward, throwing this baby into the eye of the storm, blowing it into a tailspin with such a shocking culmination, blasting this bad boy to life spectacularly. A churning vortex of burgeoning events and vexing circumstances keep you flipping page after page, d
sherri jones-teachout
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Intrigue, deception, war. Embury has been in the hands of a cruel, obsessive King Gracchus who murdered the previous king and his family. But heirs to the throne have an army of rebels attempting to overthrow the usurper. The kingdom of L’Ortagia is ruled by a queen with two daughters, Zara and Sidony. On the eve of her wedding to the bastard son of the usurper king, Zara runs off to join the rebels under Prince Callum, leaving Sidony to cover for her. Sidony recently met Prince Adrian, who is a ...more
Adena Lee
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Beware of tall, dark, handsome stranger." That really should have been something drummed into Princess Sidony from a young age, but does she beware? No, she has to fall for the foreign bad boy prince at a masquerade. This is how this romantic almost-fairy tale begins and it gets more and more sticky and twisty from there. Not only do we have a nefarious usurper and a stern queens, we also have a runaway princess, a prince turned forest outlaw and a brewing civil war to keep our interest. I enjo ...more
Nina Campbell
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kissed at Midnight by Ainsley Wynter is the first book in the Last Royals series. This book focuses on the story of two princesses and how their arranged marriages will effect not only the rest of their lives but their kingdom’s politics with the kingdom next door. This is a fairytale story set in the 18th century that is part nightmare with lots of twists and turns. I loved the mysterious way the plot was written and how all of the characters have many different motivations for their actions. T ...more
Philleys Peters
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet romance that reads like a fairytale with its princes, princesses, and kingdoms building up alliances through arranged marriages. When Princess Zara runs away on her betrothal to Prince Torwyn, events then lead to her sister Princess Sidony marrying Prince Adrian, Torwyn's cousin. Unlike Zara, Sidony and Adrian have fallen in love but an evil king, his uncle, holds sway over Adrian with threats to the lives of his mother and sister and now his beloved wife. This is Sidony and Adrian's sto ...more
Erin
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the story line and the characters throughout the story. Sidony at the masquerade ball unknowingly kisses and falls for Prince Adrian. Even after telling him to forget, he knows he can't. Now he must decide on his family or his love. Or is there the chance he can have both? I can't wait to see what this series brings next.

Marie Fraser
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was excellent. It was well written and the story and characters were well developed. I loved the characters with their individual personalities and different dynamics. The story was packed full of action, romance, emotion, suspense, intrigue and hot chemistry. I look forward to the next book in this series! I’d highly recommend this book!!

Tanya
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He has gone to bed kingdom to arrange a marriage to her older sister when during a masked ball he missing her. Now he is in trouble as his family is being kept so he does what his king wqnts. What will happen when her sister disappears? Will he leave his family to have her? Will he leave her behind to save his family? See how this ends

Deb O
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first time reading a book by Ainsley Wynter. This was a fantastic well written book. The plot, characters, and word usage were awesome. There's drama, conflict, suspense, magic emotions and a great romance. I highly recommend this book grab yours to see if they get their HEA!!!

Reena
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first book in a new series that will captivate you! Excellent characters and a storyline full of action, suspense, intrigue and romance that will have you turning the pages faster you can breathe. I'm anxiously waiting for the next book in the series!

Kat Turner
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the characters and atmosphere in this story! The emotion between the couple was tender and real, with suspense and conflict at all the right points. Unique, intriguing magic system, and the regal drama and the super steamy sexytimes were A++ (like, OMG, the KISSING in this one! Hot x1000!) :) :)
Heather Wamboldt
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this romantic fantasy that involves magic, spies, political intrigue, and a runaway princess. The storyline is a very good one and the chapters flow nicely. The characters are wonderful and the chemistry between Adrian and Sidony is HOT. Enjoy your fantasy!

Melanie Greene
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Court intrigue and magic and dancing and drama! Instantly sympathetic, complex main characters trying to do their best with their many conflicting loyalties. And then they sneak off for a midnight swim....
Jaycee Jarvis
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-romance
Wonderfully romantic fantasy with plenty of political drama, and a truly unique magic system. I totally fell in love with Adrian, a conflicted spy with a complicated past. Can't wait for the next book!
Lizzie Starr
Suanne
Hannah
Mary

• London Academy 1
  • Under The Mistletoe (The Matchmaker Series #1)
  • Outling
  • Shadow Kisses: A Zodiac Shifters Paranormal Romance Anthology
  • The Beast of the Fae Court
  • Naughty & Nice: Christmas in Holiday Valley
  • Pillage & Plague (Mount Olympus Academy, #2)
  • Shaking the Sleigh (Singletree #3)
  • Catching a Wizard (Grimalkin Academy: Catacombs, #2)
  • Catching a Warlock (Grimalkin Academy: Catacombs, #3)
  • Dragonsworn
  • First Kill (Cain University #1)
  • Embrace of the Vampires (House of Durand #4)
  • The Time Traveler's Awakening (Prequel to the Magic Bound Saga): A Time-Travel Paranormal Romance
  • Of Water and Moonlight (Thunderbird Academy Book 1)
  • A Foolish Wager (The Spinsters Guild Book 4)
  • Shattered (Immortal Love, #4)
  • Third Time's a Crime (Grimalkin Academy: Kittens, #3)
Ainsley Wynter writes steamy fantasy romance and is the author of The Lost Royals series. Once Upon a Princess, is the second book in the series. Her debut novel, Kissed at Midnight, was a 2016 Romance Writers of America Golden Heart® Finalist in paranormal romance. The Lost Royals is a fantasy romance series about royal and not-so-royal families vying for control amidst a growing population of hu ...more

The Lost Royals (2 books)
  • Once Upon a Princess (The Lost Royals Book 2)

News & Interviews

“He pulled out the length of cord holding his hair back.
She stroked her fingers over his head, some of his hair spilling across the backs of her hands. "Someone should fuss over you," she murmured. His head was almost in her lap. The cool length tempted her to run her fingers through it and tug him closer.”
0 likes