Start by marking “Both Of Me (Cross My Heart, #1)” as Want to Read:
Both Of Me (Cross My Heart, #1)

Both Of Me

(Cross My Heart #1)

Gabby Mastreoni has been in love with Christoff Scutari since she was four years old. Their fathers are in the same business, and nearly twenty years later, their families remain close. With four older brothers, Gabby leads a protected and sheltered life—until she and Christoff cross a line, and she discovers that love can hurt people.

Brie Masters left everything and every
Published February 28th 2019 (first published February 11th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Both Of Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Both Of Me

Start your review of Both Of Me (Cross My Heart, #1)
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Both of Me is Amber Kelly's debut novel, so I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of the writing or storytelling. Reading a book by a first time author is basically a crap shoot. It could be a total disappointment or the best book you've ever read. You just have to cross your fingers, hope for the best, and if you're lucky, you come out of it a winner.

I'm pleased to inform you that I was pretty damn fortunate this time around. I enjoyed Gabrielle/Brie and Cross' story from start to finish. It's
Lauren Runow
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was instantly drawn into this story. I loved the way it bounced between past and present, each chapter being an Easter egg left for the reader to understand what she’s been through and why she is the way she is now. I could feel the attraction she had for Cross and I can’t wait to read more!!!
hugsandcookies
This book took me out of my bookfunk.

I have been in a sort of bookfunk where it takes ages for me to finish a book but thank goodness for this book and my second book by this author.

It’s definitely a slow burn book and it’s a back and forth between past and present but it’s one that I’m so curious about. I do like Gabby/Brie and she does appear a little too bratty but I guess having a family and loving someone like Cross does that to you, and she eventually grew into someone I actually enjoyed
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Amber Kelly’s debut was amazing. I couldn’t put this book down and I loved how it was told in both points of view.

This book has it’s sweet and tender moments but also a few that were so gut wrenching that I cried. The characters were all so unique and a complement to each other, their antics making me laugh. I can’t wait for the next part of Cross and Brie’s story and hopefully the other characters will get their own stories!"
E
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Author Amber Kelly has totally stunned me with her debut novel Both Of Me. I need to read the conclusion to this duet right now!!! The front cover encapsulates the story perfectly with the statement ‘Fairytale or tragic romance? Maybe a little of both?’ Gabby Mastreoni flees New York for California. Here she is Brie Masters and she’s starting her life over again by putting her past firmly in the past. Most of her past centres around her family and around Cross, one of her older brothers best fri ...more
Anne OK
A first for me by this author and mediocre at best. Not sure why the author chose to forget about the usage of contractions -- making the language quite stilted with an unnatural flow. Drove me a little nuts! Also, the story's presentation in past and present didn't quite work either. There's also a lot of unnecessary filler material within the telling and not enough showing process. Awkward is the best description I can offer for this one.

But I will continue on to the second book completing th
Kayla Jamison
Mar 19, 2019 rated it liked it
I am so annoyed. I didn’t know this was a cliffhanger. And holy crap this book is full of so much filler. Get down to the freaking story already. And so much childish drama. And I have to say how annoying her writing style is. Everything felt like telling us, instead of showing. It was always, “I am mad. I am tired.” Also, no words are shortened. It’s all “I will not, I cannot, I should not.” It’s so formal for a 22 year old. Also the weirdness of her relationship with the baby. It was like she ...more
Paige
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
This was an okay read, entertaining at points but so many unnecessary words. I don't normally pick on how something is written but NOTHING Was shortened and it really annoyed me. Can't, won't, I'm, where not used. It was all cannot, will not and I am. Normally not an issue but seriously.... the entire book?

Anyway, I will have to read the next book because there wasn't a conclusion and that's not okay with me :)
Amanda White
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved it. I couldn't flip the pages fast enough. I can't wait for the next book.
Ellie
Apr 14, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Cliffhanger

I wish I had paid better attention and seen this was a 2-parter. I wouldn't have wasted my time.

Aside from the abrupt ending and no set time to expect the next book, reading this was a chore.

1. Pedantic, unnatural dialogue. The lack of contractions made me wonder if the writer wasn't a native speaker of English, and I was shocked to discover the writer is American.

2. Too. Many. Characters. Way too many to keep track and all so one-dimensional it was too difficult to try.

3. Poor chara
Rachael
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Going into a Debut Author’s 1st book, is always like unboxing a gift on Christmas morning. You really don’t know what you are going to get or what to expect of it. What is their writing style? What is the story about? Will I love it or hate it? Will this by my new favorite author??? I must admit with Amber Kelly I was very excited. Not knowing much more than a small blurb about the book, I was still very on the edge of my seat anxiously awaiting this to hit my kindle. When it arrived, I devoured ...more
Rachael
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Natalie Johnson
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Natalie
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was sent this book in exchange for an honest review.
I could not put this book down.
A romance with mobster ties. Its fantastic!
Gabby/Brie is such an endeering character and i was shocked with the cliff hanger type ending. I cant wait for book 2 to come out so i can find out what is going to happen.
This book goes back and forth between the past and the present but is very easy to follow. A must read!!!
Anna
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Okay, so this was pretty good, but now I'm dying because I don't know when book 2 will be available.
Rejane
Apr 14, 2019 marked it as not-interested  ·  review of another edition
Boredom much?? Thankful for honest, detailed reviews
P.s. and cliffhanger... 🙄🙄🙄 this is the most turn off of all

Vanessa Silva Martins
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first story Amber Kelly wrote and she nailed it.
When I started to read it I couldn’t stop. This story captures your mind and heart from the beginning until the end. I love stories with past and present lifes. I don’t know why but this type of stories are my fairytales.
Amber Kelly made a spotlight on my bookshelf.
Gabby and Christopher story don’t end in this first book. I can’t wait for the author to release the second and last book.

Gabby have a wonderful life in a world she hates
Gloria Green
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We can’t choose the life we’re born with but we can choose the life we live. That’s exactly what Brie does.

As a girl Gabby couldn’t have asked for more. She had a loving family that spoiled her and gave her constant support. Because of the family business she found the love of her life at just four years old. But constant support can turn into over protection and meddling and love can turn into betrayal.

With a broken heart Gabby leaves her family and love behind to become Brie and to start the
Cecilia
Mar 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
I most likely will not read another of your books. I hate cliffhangers period! What a waste of my time and money.
Lisa Stinson
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really wanted to love this book. I only ended up really loving the last few chapters. I didn’t care for the way the past/present chapters happened. For me it didn’t really flow that well. I feel like to make the family issues work better, they should have been brought up more than it was.

A few things that I really didn’t care for was the way Brie talked to Melinda about the baby. She didn’t seem like she was just a nanny. She was acting as if the child was hers. This just didn’t make sense to
EducatedBookFreak
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amber-kelly
This book.... it captivated me and I finished in one day. Cross and Brie are an amazing couple together. I’m pretty sure this one of the few book I loved that went from different perspectives each chapter. I loved how she weaves that into the story. Cross made me angry, sappy and heartbroken. Brie makes my heart break for everything she’s been through, but she is so strong because of it. Together, they are an inferno, but circumstances happen and life changes. I felt like this book was an amazin ...more
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Gabby fell in love with her brother's best friend Cross when she was four years old. Over the years an age gap and her mafia connected family kept them apart, only to have them connect when she needed him the most. But family issues makes her run away and begin a new life on the other side of the country. But can reinventing herself be enough to get Cross out of her mind? Can she start over and find happiness when her heart still belongs to Cross? With beautifully written characters and a storyl ...more
Jeannie
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh sooo good!!

Seriously this book was so hard to put down. Get ready to lose some precious hours of sleep. I love that it's a story line that I've not really come across before. The characters are very believable. You will laugh, cry, want to yell and pull your hair out. For her first book, Amber did an amazing job. Yes it's a cliffhanger, I wanted to throw my phone at the wall, but I controlled myself. Now, I can't wait for the next book to see how this drama ends. I want to gather my own posse
Maria Cassera
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New author

Gabriella & Cross their story from when she was four years old & best friends. Cross is older than she is, both have loved each other since childhood. Gabby must leave her home & family due to tragic circumstances & complications. Love has shattered her & she picks herself up to start a new life in California as Brie Masters. Loved this book, I highly recommend this book.
Beth
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow! What a way to break out into the writing world.

The story and characters were rich in detail. I loved how it flipped from past to present. I wasn’t confused and it made me want to keep flipping the page.

Then I got to the last page and had a little fit that I had no more pages to flip. I can’t wait for the next book!

Well done, Amber! You’re off to a great start!
Lisa Mcintire
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kathryn
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. This story sucked me in and wouldn't let me go. I actually really loved the back and forth between past and present. It gave enough crumbs in the present to keep your curiosity and the past just fed you enough to keep you going.

I wasn't aware the second part wasnt out and do upset that I had to wait a few months...that is how invested in Cross and Gabby's story.
Deborah P
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was really impressed with the authors ability to draw the reader into the life of Gabby and Brie. I am usually not a fan of the chapters switching timelines however I feel like the author did an amazing job with this technique. I could not put the book down (finished in a day). With anticipation I read each chapter to get to the next. Can’t wait for the release of Both of Us.
Priscilla
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I spent over half a day reading this book.
I was tempted to throw my iPad to the wall when I finished it. Freaking cliffhangers! When is the second part coming out? 😂
For being her first book, it was pretty good.

• I'm Yours
  • Agony (Entangled Hearts Duet #1)
  • Where Forever Ends (Maplewood Falls, #1)
  • Crazy Beautiful (Redemption, #2)
  • Bad Alibi (Redemption #1)
  • Fix (Brewed Book 1)
  • Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
  • Pierced Hearts (Southern Charmers Book 1)
  • Bliss (Entangled Hearts Duet, #2)
  • Forever and All the Afters
  • Waiting for Forever (Hope Valley, #8)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • The Player Next Door
  • Reckless Memories (Wrecked, #1)
  • Where Love Lives (Maplewood Falls, #2)
  • Beautifully Broken Control (Sutter Lake, #4)
  • Keeping Secrets
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)

Cross My Heart (2 books)
  • Both of Us (Cross My Heart, #2)