Start by marking “Fatal Homecoming” as Want to Read:

Fatal Homecoming

It was murder. She was sure. And that assurance could cost her life.

Undercover RCMP officer Rick Chandler poses as a detective in the small town of Chenaniah River. He is investigating the possibility of a corrupt police force when Jessie returns to bury her brother, and she refuses to believe evidence that point to her deceased brother's involvement in drug trafficking. S
Published February 5th 2019 by Pursued Books

To ask other readers questions about Fatal Homecoming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fatal Homecoming

Start your review of Fatal Homecoming
Joan
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this romantic suspense. And there was plenty of suspense. Jessie's life was in danger time after time. But that did not stop the amateur sleuth from pursuing the murderer of her brother. I liked how her character was portrayed – daring yet feminine. And Rick was a good counterpart. Romance blossomed but he kept his head as he did his best to keep her out of harm's way.

Weeks included an interesting issue in the plot. Family relationships played an important part. There had been an estra
Betti
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow - You are not going to put this one down until you are finished! If you enjoyed those Nancy Drew and Hardy Boy style books, this one is for you.
After many years away from the small town she grew up in, Jessie returns for the funeral of her brother. What happens after she arrives is nonstop action until the murderer or perhaps murderers are caught. I must admit, there were several characters that I suspected, but I certainly was way off base. The author has done a fabulous job of keeping the
Mary
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This intriguing mystery held my attention and kept me guessing. It was unique in several ways from others I’ve read—set in Canada, with Royal Canadian Mounted Police involved with local police, and dogs kenneled at a dead man’s place plus the local history with family and town involvement. I enjoyed the suspense and the plot lines intertwined so well by the author. It’s hard to decide who might be guilty and who can be trusted. This was a quick read for me because I wanted to find out how it wou ...more
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
This suspense novel is full of action and will keep you on your toes the entire time you are reading. There is never a dull moment as you try to help Jessie find the answers she’s looking for, literally. I highly suggest you find a good window of time before you begin reading, because there is never really a good point at which you can pause! Weeks does a great job of keeping readers on their toes, as well as adding a surprising ending (on the whodunit part).

Suspense fans will fall in love with
Tiffany Hall
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fatal Homecoming

Jessie Berns has returned to a town her family left years ago, to figure out who killed her brother and why. Little did she know that returning and doing some digging would put a target on her back too.
This hold on to the edge of your seat thrill ride had me hooked from the very first page with its twists and turns, as I tried and failed time and again to figure out who was out to get Jessie and why?
As a first book to read from this author, I can promise it won’t be my last! I
Maureen Timerman
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
If you enjoy a book with non-stop action this one is sure for you, I lost count on the attempts on the life of the main character in this book, most you really won’t see coming.
A young woman returns home to settle the estate of her family and murdered brother, and thus begins her journey with whoever killed her sibling.
Most of this action or endeavors you will never see coming, and my idea of whom the perpetrator or more is kept changing, and I’m sure yours will too, but surprises abound here.

I
Jennifer  J.
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A riveting and absorbing page-turner! Fatal Homecoming grabs your attention from the start and refuses to let go! Very well-written with engaging characters, intriguing storyline and sweet romance with a faith in God that’s been tried yet remains true. This new to me author has certainly caught my attention and her work is high on my TBR list! This is a suspense story that’s a must-read! I highly recommend it! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book. A favorable review was
Ann
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a book that is full of action, suspense and romance, this is the book for you. It is very well written and will keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning till end. I highly recommend this book to everyone.
Joy Hunt
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love that song. Who says you can't go home?  Is it Rascal Flatts? I'll have to google it when I'm done writing this post. It might have something to do with the first time I heard it. I had just moved home after college, and to be honest, it was a move I hadn't planned to make. But in the space of a few weeks, I lost both of the part time jobs I was barely surviving with, and the church I worked for couldn't afford to pay me. Mom and Dad said to come home...so I did. I'm really glad. It's a di ...more
Deana Dick
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one action packed book that never stops till the end. As you begin reading the story, the intrigue starts. Jessie comes home after finding out her brother has died. She is not excited to be back in the town where her family was once disgraced. Jessie just wants to bury her brother and leave as soon as she can. Little does she know that someone is out to harm her. I couldn't believe how many times her life was in danger. The hospital became a revolving door for her and she knows she needs ...more
MJSH
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
What an action-packed romantic suspense from this new-to-me author! The story is well-written and the plot is intricately woven that you'll continue guessing who the villain is until the very end. The characters are relatable and likable and faith element is strong throughout the story. If you enjoy a romantic suspense with non-stop action, you will definitely enjoy this book.

Jessie, our heroine, is a travel journalist who returns home for her brother's funeral. She has a lot of backstory with h
Patti Pierce
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you want a book that has an incredible amount of nonstop action and intrigue, then this is the book for you. From the moment I started reading, I could not bear to put the book down. Stacey Weeks masters the art of creating a spellbinding story. Between Jessie Berns and Rick Chandler, constant action and mystery keep the reader guessing about what is actually going to happen.

With extended family members, an estranged father, and a brother who was murdered, Jessie Bern creates a desire in the
Cheri Swalwell
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fatal Homecoming definitely was full of suspense and heart-pounding action from the first page through to the last. I loved how Jessie and Rick had a childhood of memories as a launching point, a history of good memories from which to begin their adult relationship. The characters were believable, the plot was terrific, and the conclusion made my reader heart happy being there were a few twists and turns in there I didn’t suspect. I suspected a few different antagonists and was pleasantly surpri ...more
Tabitha Bouldin
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Fatal Homecoming had a strong element of God that I appreciated. Both Rick and Jessie prayed and read their Bibles from the beginning. While they both had faith, Jessie looked to Rick from time to time for answers to her questions about God and why bad things happen as often as they do. Rick always had a good explanation and a way of getting the message through to Jessie.

Favorite quote: "It shook me. I had been asking God to increase my faith, and instead of giving me easy answers, He put me int
Karla
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a great read, encompassing Christian values, that will keep you spell bound from beginning to end, this is the book for you! It has a riveting plot that will keep you on the edge of your seat , with your heart pounding!! My attention was grabbed on the first page and I just could not put this book down. This book is packed full of suspense.

Although Stacey Weeks is a new author to me, she is now on my list of favorite authors and I will be eagerly watching for her next cr
Stephanie Norton
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Each page is full of action and never stops until the end. It all starts when Jesse, a traveling journalist, finds out her brother has passed away. She doesn’t want to return to the town she grew up in. The author added explanations to why she didn’t want to return to her Canadian hometown. She gets down there to find out someone is out to get her. One thing after another happens to her. She might as well have just packed her bags and moved into the hospital. Rick, an undercover Royal Canadian M ...more
Norma
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A mystery that began generations ago but still reverberates after all this time.
So many untrue and unfair accusations have happened to this family, fragmenting them & leaving Jessie to face the impact on her life alone. Alone? Is she really alone after Frankie dies & she questions if her father really did steal money from the pension funds? In her heart is a deep-set trust in God; one which seems to be flimsy words considering all life has thrown at her but she can't shake the soul-deep belief t
Florence Wright
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
In the long line of books I have read, this was one of the more intense stories. But along with the mystery and intensity, there is an overarching story of memorializing the special things that God has done for us. In this case, it was pebbles on a necklace. It harkened back to the Old Testament when God lead Israel through out many hard times, He encouraged them to set up memorial stones, to commemorate the events. It was a really special addition to the story.

Jessie had an frightening time, en
Danyale
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a GREAT book from start to finish!!  It was action-packed from the very beginning!  Jessie comes home to clean out her brother's home after his death and is marked for murder.  She is constantly the target of a mad man and Rick, her brother's childhood friend, is there in the midst of it all.

I love how this book did not focus on love, but added just a touch of it in there.  This book was well-written and Stacey Weeks did not disappoint with the turmoil that Jessie needed to go through
Pam
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fatal Homecoming is a fast-paced suspense with more than enough action and danger to keep even the most avid suspense fan glued to its pages. I really enjoyed reading about the Royal Canadian Mounted Police for a change of pace.

Well rounded characters and a riveting plot keep me reading until the end. I also liked the way the author managed to weave a strong spiritual message into the story through conversations between the primary characters who found that depending on God was all that would ge
Rosalyn
Feb 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Wow...this story takes off with a bang! Jessie comes "home" because of her brother Frankie's death. And immediately she is front and center in a dangerous mystery. Someone is after her. She doesn't know if they're trying to kill her or only scare her away.

With the help of her old friend Rick,who is now a member of the police department, she is able to begin uncovering clues to determine just what is going on.

Full of suspense, action packed, and exciting, this story is an excellent mystery novel!
Karen
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jessica Berns arrives back at the house in Chenaniah River where she grew up after the sudden death of her brother Frankie. She unknowingly walks right into the middle of an investigation of the local police force, a drug ring, and she herself becomes a target for murder. While trying to exonerate her brother from drug trafficking allegations, and along with undercover Royal Canadian Mounted Police offer Rick Chandler, Jesse becomes “Nancy Drew”, putting herself in numerous life-threatening situ ...more
Ashley Dawn
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a really good read. The author did a good job of putting a lot into this book. The romance was well written and in the background, not over done. I loved the Canadian town setting, and the family interactions. Family isn't always easy!
The characters were good, and there was plenty of suspense. Jessie may not be a detective but she is a determined sister and sometimes that is better to get the job done. Rick was good and has issues from his past work that made him more relatable.
Overall
Debbie
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Fatal Homecoming" by Stacey Weeks captured my attention right from the start and kept it till the very end. I was surprised at the ending. This story clearly shows that you can't always believe rumors and that you need to trust in the ones you love even when circumstances are looking bad.

This story shows that sometimes the people who seem nice and supporting are really the guilty.

I think this book would make a great lifetime mystery movie.

I recommend this book to anyone that is a fan of myster
Janice Sisemore
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fatal homecoming

The author is new to me. This was a very exciting book. Just when I thought the excitement was over it start again. From the first word to the last I enjoyed the book. I look forward to reading more from the author.

I loved the dogs in the book, they brought so much to the story. Jessie did not want to give up on finding out who was behind the death of her brother. A lot of danger awaits her. Rick is a police officer and a childhood friend. He does what he can to protect her.

I
Amanda
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stacey did an amazing job with this book! I love Christian suspense books that are intriguing and keep you guessing but aren't dark and twisted! Stacey hit the nail on the head with this book! I was guessing who the "bad guys" were and kept guessing until the very end!!! There were so many different layers to this book and Stacey made sense if all of your questions clearly in the end! I love books like that.. were you are just as surprised as the characters! It was an amazing book! She never los ...more
Carol Keen
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Poor Jessie, she's in the thick of it. How could she have imagined that her brother was involved in such a thing, drug trafficking? More so, that she was going to be a target and have more attacks on her life than you can keep up with in one book. Whew! Jessie is a bit nuts, she keeps pushing because she wants answers. I liked Rick, he's pretty cool. The book has a rather strong romance theme, but it also has a reasonably strong Christian foundation. I liked this book.

My copy came from Celebrate
Beth
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have recently discovered the genre of Christian suspense. This was a new author. The title, description, and the cover all made me think that it is a book that I would enjoy. About halfway through the book, it was at the point that I could not put it down. I actually stayed up late to finish the book. I thought I had a guess of who was behind the mystery but you know what I was wrong. I think that is the sign of an excellent book.

If you have nothing else to do that day, then this is a book to
Rachel DeVaughn
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This story was intriguing, full of drama, suspense, and lots of “bad guys”. I absolutely loved it!

I read it in one sitting because I loved the ongoing mystery and all the town characters. I kept trying to figure out who the bad guys were but there were lots of twists and surprises.

I also liked the main characters Rick and Jessie discussing their faith and frequently using prayers and scripture reading to help their clarity and peace.

I highly recommend reading this story!

I received a copy of
Beverley Jee
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book. Could not put it down. I didn't just read it, I LIVED it, was glued to each page and the author kept the suspense up right until the very last page. Just when I thought I had it all figured out, it all changed and I was wrong again! A must read for murder/mystery lovers and even if you don't read that sort of book normally, you will love this one. i never read murder mysteries, yet thoroughly enjoyed this one.

• The White City (True Colors)
  • Castle on the Rise (Lost Castle, #2)
  • Beauty in Hiding (Beauty in Flight #2)
  • The Memory House
  • This Daring Journey (Heart of the Mountains, #6)
  • Ladies of Intrigue: 3 Tales of 19th-Century Romance with a Dash of Mystery
  • Convergence
  • Brunch at Bittersweet Café (The Saturday Night Supper Club, #2)
  • Strands of Truth
  • The Amish Candymaker (The Amish of Mackinac County, #2)
  • The Secrets of Paper and Ink
  • Mending Fences (The Deacon's Family, #1)
  • The Governess of Penwythe Hall (Cornwall, #1)
  • Mind Games (Kaely Quinn Profiler, #1)
  • Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge: A Biography for Children
  • Contact Front (Drop Trooper #1)
  • Moments We Forget (Thatcher Sisters #2)
  • Storing Up Trouble (American Heiresses, #3)

News & Interviews