Start by marking “Evie and the Upside-Down World of Nevermore” as Want to Read:
Evie and the Upside-Down World of Nevermore

Evie and the Upside-Down World of Nevermore

GIRL, INTERRUPTED MEETS PAN'S LABYRINTH

A trailer park Alice. A hole that traps souls. The white rabbit's a tricky hare. And the world is upside down. This fairy tale just got twisty . . .

Rule One: Don't eat or drink.
Rule Two: Never, ever tell anyone your name.

If ya do - your soul will be lost there forever.

How do I know? I been there myself. This is my story.

There

Published January 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Evie and the Upside-Down World of Nevermore, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evie and the Upside-Down World of Nevermore

Catherine ♡
*I received a free e-copy in exchange for a full and honest review.*

Actual Rating: 2.0

Alice in Wonderland was one of my favorite childhood stories growing up, and after reading that this book was about a girl falling into a dark hole in the forest and finding herself trapped in a strange world, of course i had to read it!

Evie and the Upside-Down World of Nevermore is exactly as it sounds. Evie finds herself in a new world where everything is upside-down with nothing but a compass stick to guide
Bobby
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While Evie And The Upside-Down World is ostensibly for young adult readers author Birgitte Margen showcases a beautiful sense of imagination that makes this a fun fairy tale for readers of all ages.

Evie is an easy protagonist to identify with, as her insecurities come across as authentic; as does her determination and willpower, which are continually put to the test. After a slight misunderstanding with friends during a night outing in the woods, Evie finds herself trapped in a hole where the on
Debjani Ghosh
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded to 4 stars

My Blog

Märgen exhibits a delightfully beautiful imagination as she creates her Upside-Down World inspired from various folklores. She has created so many different lands, each with its own peculiar characteristics and a set of challenges, that there was never a dull moment in this book. I was always eager to find out how Evie will overcome the next challenge.

Moreover, Märgen’s writing is vividly descriptive. Consequently, I could imagine all the different lands, their uniqu
Kaili Taghon  (Entertainingly Nerdy)
This book reminds me a lot of Alice in wonderland. Really great book for young audiences that has a meaningful message of not giving up!
Tamara Morning
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Title: Evie and the Upside-Down World of Nevermore
Author: Birgitte Märgen
Genre: YA, fantasy
Rating: 3.5 out of 5

Evie doesn’t feel like she fits in. She comes from the wrong side of the tracks, so she doesn’t really have any friends. One night, when she’s running through the woods, she falls down a hole and finds herself—like Alice—in a strange world. An angry gnome gives her a compass stick, and Evie must use it to guide herself through the strange, mixed-up world where fairies bite, unicorns att
Christina
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enter a different kind of adventure.

One that bites.

Evie is unprepared for what she finds in the strange Upside-Down World. With distorted otherworldly plants, animals, and other beings of fairy and myth out to get her, she’ll have to fight her way out of danger if she wants to go home again.

Whatever the outcome, Evie will have to adapt and overcome. There’s a lesson in everything.

I’m surprised Evie and the Upside-Down World of Nevermore hasn’t reached a much wider audience. I found the story
Bry Weasley
Britney  Sansom
Sep 03, 2019
Hay
Sep 08, 2019
Birgitte Märgen began writing stories at the age of nine. Her eclectic style of writing crosses over many genres. An avid thrill-seeker, she can usually be found high above the ground or far below. Her books include the bone-chilling thriller The Red Death and the gothic fairytale, Evie and the Upside-Down World of Nevermore. She lives in the mountains with her family.

*****************************