Start by marking “The Winter Queen (Stolen Empire, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Winter Queen (Stolen Empire, #4)

The Winter Queen

(Stolen Empire #4)

Far from the shores of England another Elizabeth was born to rule a nation…

The daughter of Peter the Great, Elizabeth was a princess by birth, and a warrior by blood. Never content to be a pawn in the game of men, Elizabeth was destined to sit upon a throne. But when her father’s sudden death leaves her mother and sister at the mercy of the scheming Privy Council, she will
Published March 11th 2019 by Clean Teen Publishing

Start your review of The Winter Queen (Stolen Empire, #4)
Maja  - BibliophiliaDK ✨
Jul 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
WAIT... WHAT?!

Okay, I only have one thing to say about this book! Sergei must be a vampire or something! In the first book, which takes place in 1745, when Catherine/Sophie arrives at the Russian court, we learn, that Sergei has been with Empress Elizabeth since he was 16/17 - in 1745 he is 20 years old. However, in this book, which takes place during 1725, we see Elizabeth and Sergei's first meeting! Which must make him a vampire, obviously. Or, you know, able to meet women before he was even,
Sherry Ficklin
Jan 06, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I know many of you have been anxiously awaiting the next of the Stolen Empire series and I'm excited to give you this short story that launches the new upcoming novels.
Enjoy!
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
I absolutely loved reading this story!! To be honest, I am completely in love with this entire series!!

The characters were remarkable. I loved reading about Elizabeth. I felt a real connection with this character. Her emotions literally just flowed from the pages as I read this story. I am a complete sucker for a strong female character.

The story-line was incredible. I couldn't put this book down. I read it all completely through in one sitting because I couldn't help but be enchanted by this
Katie Blythe
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*This book was given to me by the author in exchange for an honest review*

A novella about a kingdom in Russia that is staring to be torn apart. Many years ago, the king had taken a new wife, and had two daughters, Elizabeth and Petra. His son Alexi, from his first marriage, is still angry about the arrangement and is found guilty of treason. His oldest daughter, Elizabeth, is ready to assume the throne when it’s her turn, but it’s found out that Alexi had fathered a son, who is now the rightful
Jan farnworth
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
EThis is the prequel to a new series that will feature young Elizabeth of Russia. This is a quick novella just at 90 pages so it easy to speed through it and think you might of missed something. It ok you can re read again at a much slower pace. In this short novel we are introduced to Elizabeth and her younger sister Petra. I always been intrigued by stories that center around the Romanov especially Anastasia. I sure this story will steal our hearts like all sherry novels do and i eager to dive ...more
cassi parker
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was impossible to put down, finished in a few hours. I can’t wait to see what more sherry has to come! I didn’t realize this was a series when I picked it and now need to go back and read books 1-3. There was a harsh truth and pain to the story that just made it so much more.
Stephenee
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for this sneak peek novella/book to come out FOREVER!! It was so worth the wait!! I LOVED it!! I devoured it, I read it all in a brief sitting and was instantly depressed when I was finished! I then re-read it, since I knew that I had missed some things (due to my zooming through the pages) - I wanted to see how it ended, but at the same time never wanted it to end!

If this novella is anything like the book that will follow then it is a MUST read and a must read NOW! I love
Ethan Gregory
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Any of my followers will well-recall my obsession with Sherry D. Ficklin’s STOLEN EMPIRE saga. The trilogy that really opened my eyes to the world of YA History and changed my reading-life forever. A historian myself, I have always been astounded by Ficklin’s remarkable take on one of history’s most powerful women. But what of the Empress that helped to put her there?

Join Ficklin in another dive into Russia’s rich cultural history with THE WINTER QUEEN. Putting the life of Empress Elizabeth of
Jodi Gallegos
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya
I’m a fan of historical fiction and I LOVE the Stolen Empire series—I can’t get enough of it. I was thrilled when I found out there was going to be another book in the series, and again when I receive a copy of Sherry Ficklin’s latest novella in the series.
The Winter Queen is a prequel to the Stolen Empire series and focuses on the life of Elizabeth, the daughter of Peter the Great and future Empress of Russia. This novella is a quick read, and thrusts us right into the upheaval of the Russian
Serenity
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS! It's a quick read, but packed full of details that will leave you begging for more.

Elizabeth is a Princess, born to lead and do amazing things. Too bad, the council just see's her gender. Elizabeth has seen her brother die, been hurt by a man she loved and yet always remains strong. But when her dad the King falls ill, everything will change.

Elizabeth with her mother and sister, will go away for a few weeks. To spend time to recoup and come back strong. But when their mother
Stephenee
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Carol Edholm
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Riveting! Loved and lost twice, only her sister now. Will there be happiness for Elizabeth at all? Moving and fast paced novella that I could not put down once started. Loved it and fits well with this series.
Wendy Wallace
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a short book and I didn’t put it down until I finished it. Elizabeth is a strong character and I am excited to purchase the next book immediately so I can find out what happens with her next.
Constance Roberts
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This bite size story was everything I love about The Stolen Empire series. A great intro to the new star (but familiar) star.
Hashtag Prose

• The Lost Daughter
  • Explorers on Black Ice Bridge
  • The Girl Who Speaks Bear
  • The Black Coats
  • The Chess Queen Enigma (Stoker & Holmes, #3)
  • The Queen's Resistance (The Queen’s Rising, #2)
  • She Wore Only White
  • The Debriefing
  • Malcolm and Me
  • Alone with the Stars
  • Perfectly Preventable Deaths
  • Off the Clock: Feel Less Busy While Getting More Done
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • The Star-spun Web
  • Crown of Coral and Pearl (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #1)
  • The Tale of Mrs Westaway
  • The Minuteman
  • The Finale (Vampire Royals #3)
**To get the latest info on new releases and to enter our monthly giveaways be sure to sign up for my newsletter over at http://sherryficklin.com/newsletter **

Sherry is the author of over a dozen novels for teens and young adults including the best selling Stolen Empire series. She can often be found browsing her local bookstore with a large white hot chocolate in one hand and a towering stack of

Stolen Empire (5 books)
  • Queen of Someday (Stolen Empire, #1)
  • Queen of Tomorrow (Stolen Empire, #2)
  • Queen of Always (Stolen Empire, #3)
  • The Hollow Queen (Stolen Empire, #5)