Start by marking “SEAL in a Storm (Silver SEALs)” as Want to Read:
SEAL in a Storm (Silver SEALs)

SEAL in a Storm

(Silver SEALs)

As a former SEAL commander, Dex Carson had participated in more than his share of rescues. When called upon to lead a multi-agency team into the Virgin Islands National Park jungle to rescue high value targets, he knew he was headed for trouble. Ten teenage girls—whose parents were members of Congress—and their chaperones, needed saving from kidnappers. He cringed. The tho ...more
227 pages
Published April 30th 2019 (first published April 29th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about SEAL in a Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SEAL in a Storm

Sarita
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love reading about characters that are more mature and have seemed to be in a more settled place in their lives; however they still may be looking for their HEA. These two characters did not disappoint. I loved how Dex is enjoying his retirement, yet still has that foot in the door to quench his need for action. I also love how Rayne pushes herself in her career, not only for her but for other women out their looking to climb the successful ladder in a male dominated career. It's ex ...more
Deb Diem
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My new favorite KaLyn Cooper book!! SEAL In A Storm is a phenomenal romantic suspense story. Not only is it well-written, it's also loaded with an outstanding cast of characters. Some are old friends from other series, some are new...all are fantastic. Dex is a former SEAL, now employed by Guardian Security when he's called to work one op for the Department of Homeland Security rescuing a group of girls, parents and a teacher from a terrorist. Daughters of congressmen and senators. Rayne is a Se ...more
Yvonne Cruz
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have come to love this series, and this story did not disappoint me.
If you are new to the series, it centers around Bone Frog Command, a division of Homeland Security that is super secret, and led by a former SEAL, Silas Branson. When a mission needs some form of black ops , he recruits former SEALs that have excelled in their career. This time it’s Commander Dex Carson who is called out of retirement . His mission is to lead a team to rescue a group teenage girls , and their chaperones that h
Courtney
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you're lucky enough, you find an author that you are able to read anything they write because you love their writing, KaLyn is that author for me.
First off, women in male dominated jobs, ass kicking positions, abilities that earn them respect from male counterparts, and the wherewithal to say what needs to be done and/or ask for what they need are what I think of Rayne's character (along with the other female military characters in this series) She's intelligent, capable, and I'm so glad she
CarolKat
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Silas Branson always seems to know who the best fit for an assignment will be and also where to find them.

Dex is enjoying his retirement and with the help of another former SEAL has found the perfect spot for big mouth bass. As he reels in his second catch his phone rings and even though he tries to ignore it, he can't.

Normally Silas would have to meet in person but thanks to Guardian Security, Dex is able to secure his phone. He knew before Si even finished he would be taking this one and done
Stacy Jordet
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dex just wanted to enjoy his retirement and get some fishing done. However a opportunity comes up the catch a bad guy who got away from Dex and he knows he needs to tie up this lose end. When he learned who will be on his team, he is very happy until an addition is added. A woman who he tangled with years ago has worked her way onto his team. The doesn't make him happy however his body doesn't agree.

Rayne is a woman who made a mistake years ago and had to switch career paths. When her charges ar
Teresa  Christianson
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy and am voluntarily leaving a review.

OMG I love seeing the Guardian Elite guys again even though we didn't see much of them. You know Alex wouldn't let Dex go on a mission without his support somehow.
Rayne is just as surprised as Dex that they are both on this mission. They are both still harboring bad feelings from when they worked together twelve years ago and think the other almost cost them their job. But their feelings are still just as strong and neither can deny the
Katherine Horvath
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Seal in a Storm: WOW! Fantastic characters and writing! Loved the action packed story! Hot romance all the way through the book. I could not put my kindle I loved it so much! Dex and Ranye were the perfect couple and worked well together in action! Great addition to the series.
Marie
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pride, revulsion and a dozen other emotions...

Once again Silas pulls together the perfect team but this is also a second chance for Dex and Rayne, a second chance to catch the terrorist who slipped through their grasp 12 years ago and a second chance at love. The pressure is huge, the lives of 10 young girls are at stake, yet the fire between them burns hotter than ever.....can they catch the guy, save the girls and get a happily ever after...or are they forever destined to only have the one nig
Connie
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Loved another Silver Seal novel.
10 young girls and their 4 chaperones are kidnapped in the Virgin Islands. They are all daughters of US politicians. What could the kidnappers want??
First, they request political prisoners released. A hurricane is forming in the ocean headed for the Virgin Islands growing stronger.
The Homeland Security team is there trying to get Intel on which house is where the victims are located. They are moved to another location.
Several plot twists later everyone
Lesley
Shelves: arc
Kidnapping and Passion.
Neither Rayne nor Dex are overjoyed to find out that they are both on a team to rescue kidnapped girls, as each believes that the other let them down the last time they met. However the passage of twelve years has not decreased their passion for each other. Another high octane story from Ms Cooper. Highly recommended.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book from the author. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Alison Conville
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Seal in a storm in a fabulous addition to Kalyn Cooper’s world! It’s a real page turner. The suspenseful and sexy plot keeps you on the edge of your seat, and a hurricane is coming. You will love Rayne and Dex. Second chance romance stories are great, and I love the whole cast of reoccurring characters.
Ginny Pearson
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dex and Rayne worked together in Nigeria to bring down a terrorist. They spent one fabulous night together. They both almost lost their careers over it.
Dex is retired now but still thinks about Rayne. He has been called up to rescue kidnapped teens and sponsors. These teens are daughters of politicians. Rayne is personal Security for the head of the house. His daughter and wife are among those who were kidnapped. She will have to work with Dex.
Can they free the hostages? Will Dex and Rayne wor
Mechelle
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dex and Rayne have a complicated history but end up on the same team to rescue some kidnapped kids. Lots of action and suspense. And if you're a fan of Kaylyn Cooper's books you'll love seeing the Guardian Elite group in there. This book has everything! You will be so hooked you will not want to put it down!
janelle beaver
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book did not disappoint this whole series has been great! We go to see the Guardian Elite guys again and in the end we got to see the Ladies of Black Swan. This book was action packed and keeps you turning the pages. Girls and their chaperones to be rescued, Rayne and Dex past and a hurricane coming! What more could you ask for! KaLyn has added a great book to the series!
Sandy
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book. There is a lot of action and suspense. The kidnapping of young girls is a scary subject, but KaLynn Cooper handles it so well. Loving this series.
A
Alexandria
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
First off let me say that this a very good book. Generally I don't read romance with an older couple and it was surprising refreshing to read such a different story then what I'm used to. The character while enjoyable to read I did find myself skipping around to find the action. This book is a second chance romance which I do find myself shouting at the roof tops that people can have things happen and they either have something dramatic happen or they drift apart but something important or life ...more
Belinda
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Seal in a Storm is riveting, action-packed and one hell of a ride. This is KaLyn Cooper's contribution to the Silver Seals Series and what an awesome story. The characters are so real, the storyline is current and the action is so well written it is like you are there. It was great seeing the Guardian Elite guys backing their friend Dex and the second chance at love with Rayne was conceivable. I received this as an ARC and voluntarily give my review. ONE CLICK THIS BOOK. It will not disappoint.
Madm007
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dex and Rayne together again💚💙
I think these reads just keep getting better. This one grabs you up, like in a vortex and just doesn't let up until the mission is finished. Their 2nd chance journey is so well written, with enough seeming reality to be believeable. I was going thru the emotions right along with all the characters, seeing, hearing and feeling what they were, as intended, no matter the scenario.
When children are involved, it's double the feels all the time and I couldn't put it down
Kat Wes
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have truly been enjoying this series. So far each of the participating authors has done a great job writing stories in this SEAL world, but with their own spin. This is also true with this newest one. This book is action packed and keeps you on your toes from beginning to end. The romance is just an added bonus and only adds to the story.
Rachael Bromley
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dex and Rayne had a thing 12 years ago. She was still angry over what he didn’t do and he the same. After retiring from the seals Dex is asked to do one mission my Silas. In and out for a kidnapping of 11 girls and 4 adults by the leader of Bokum Harem. Rayne has been asked to help with a mission as the security detail of one of the kidnap victims. After meeting Dex again it’s clear feeling may still be there. As the threats escalate and it’s clear someone closer to home is involved with the kid ...more
Toi
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Reaf

Rayne and Dex are on the same team again 12 years later - will a misunderstanding still stand in there way or will they get it figured out. I really hope all those little girls heal with time.
Madeleine
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this story. The chemistry between the characters is incredible. This story is beautifully well written with just enough suspense and romance. This is an absolute must read.
Jennie Fortna
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC for honest review with no compensation 4.5 stars

SEAL in a Storm by Kalyn Cooper is book 5 in the Silver Seals series by various authors. So enjoying all these Hot, Sexy Older men!!

Retired Seal Commander Dex Carson is called upon by Commander Silas Branson in charge of DHS multi task force, to lead a team to catch a notorious evil terrorist who has kidnapped 10 teenage girls who’s parents are members of Congress and 4 chaperones in the US Virgin Islands National Park jungle. What he doesn’t
Nancy
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seal storm

An 2nd chance love story, an emotional rescue a sadistic evil terrorist known for his treatment of people, especially women and trying to protect their hearts from long ago hurts...this is a page turning, heart thumping awesome love story.
Mary Silvestri
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

Great addition to the Silver Seals series. The suspense part of the book was interesting and well told. It was interesting to watch Dex and Rayne fall in love again.
Badass Bloggettes
4.5 Stars

SEAL in a Storm , the fifth book in the Guardian Elite series, is a sweet blend of the ex-military alpha working for a civilian security team, a second chance/enemies to lovers’, romantic suspense story.

Dex Carson is a retired SEAL Commander enjoying his boat fishing and relaxing. He takes the occasional job with Guardian Elite Security a group of men and women who take the dangerous jobs that the government can’t for one reason or another. Dex is surprised at the initial briefing to
Lisa Gibbs
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story was full of action but I felt that there was less action at the end. Like it was resolved too quickly. It did have twists and turns and a whiney, self centered stepmonster who was part of the group of hostages taken by a terrorist from Africa. Her step daughter is quite the opposite, she is brave, intelligent, comforting to her friends and sweet despite her life so far. I felt for her and her plight as she she is on the cusp of becoming a wonderful young woman.

There are some character
Donna Ferriola
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SEAL on a Storm

This is another amazing multi author series of Silver SEALs with Dex a retired SEAL taking a job to help Homeland Security with the kidnapping of fourteen girls and some chapters on St.Thomas and St.John islands. Little did he know that he would be working with a woman,Rayne he had history with from Nigeria. It was the same terrorist, Aahil Mohammed Jaja that had escaped from them before and now they hoped to permanently take him down along with his cell. He also got help from the
KaLyn Cooper’s romances blend fact and fiction with blazing heat and heart-pounding suspense. Twenty-two years as a military wife has shown KaLyn the world, and thirty years in PR taught her that fact can be stranger than fiction. She leaves it up to the reader to separate truth from imagination. She, her husband, and bird dog live in Tennessee on a micro-plantation filled with gardens, cattle, an ...more

Silver SEALs (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • SEAL Love's Legacy (Silver SEALs)
  • SEAL Together (Silver SEALs)
  • SEAL in Charge (Silver SEALs)
  • SEAL Forever (Silver SEALs)
  • SEAL Out of Water (Silver SEALs)
  • Sign, Seal and Deliver (Silver SEALs)
  • SEAL Hard (Silver SEALs)
  • SEAL Undercover (Silver SEALs)
  • SEAL for Hire (Silver SEALs)
  • SEAL at Sunrise (Silver SEALs)