Start by marking “The Last Affair” as Want to Read:
The Last Affair

The Last Affair

Love may be blind, but obsession's a real killer.

Nora Holliday is not that kind of woman. Not the kind who has an illicit affair with a married man. But Josh Landon is everything Nora's alcoholic husband isn't. And now she and Josh are so infatuated, they can't stay away from one another.

Abby Landon, Josh's daughter, is home from college nursing a broken heart. She's
Published November 26th 2019 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about The Last Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Affair

Start your review of The Last Affair
Dita
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap!

This book grabbed me from page one, where a grisly murder takes place, and did not let up for one single second until the very end when I found out which of several characters in this crazy, juicy thriller did the deed.

I zoomed through this one like it was my job and hated it when I had to set it down.

Thank you to Margot Hunt, HARLEQUIN - MIRA (U.S. and Canada), and NetGalley for giving me a widget for this book.
Holly  B
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019, just-ok
I was super excited to read Margot Hunt's latest because I so enjoyed her last, For Better Or Worse. BUT, this one was just okay for me.

We have some unlikeable characters and it took a while for me to really get into the story line.

There is some drama and a twisted love triangle that some may enjoy, but pretty middle of the road for me. Nothing that really shocked/surprised me or stood out as something original. Believe me, I kept waiting.....

Also, wasn't a big fan of how it ended.

I do enjoy
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
Gwen Landon has it all- a beautiful family, married to husband Josh whom is a orthodontist that everyone in town adores. Gwen lives in an idealistic seaside town called Shoreham that nothing exciting ever happens in. Except for that day when Gwen was found in her backyard next to the pool with her head bashed in with a driveway paver...except for that day. That was a pretty eventful day for Shoreham....

Wow! Just wow! What a start to a book! I am not giving up any spoilers here people, this is
Jayme
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

That is the opening sentence of Margot Hunt’s soon to be released third novel, “The Last Affair” available on Nov. 26, 2019.

Josh and Gwen’s daughter Abby, left college when she discovered her boyfriend cheating on her, with her best friend.

She comes home to discover that her Dad, is cheating on her mother, with Nora.

Already feeling irrational, she vows to take
megs_bookrack
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-read
**4.5-stars rounded up**

From the outside, suburbanite Mom, Gwen Landon, seems to have it all. With successful husband, Josh, two children and a Labrador, they are a living example of the picture perfect family.

That is, until Gwen winds up dead, bludgeoned to death in her own backyard with a driveway paving stone. She had been racking up the enemies, so whodunit?!

Nora Holliday also appears to be living in suburban bliss, although behind closed doors, things are a bit darker for Nora.

Her husband,
Chelsea Humphrey
You know the type of book that holds your attention, yet brings nothing new to the table from the previous 97 domestic suspense novels you've read before it? Yea, that was this one. Don't get me wrong, it has soapy drama and a love triangle and enough unlikable characters to put a Real Housewives round table to shame, but I feel like I've read this exact book so many times that it may be time to put the genre behind me. If you enjoy middle of the road characters and are looking for an easy, ...more
Lindsay - Traveling Sister
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

A fast-paced, easy and thrilling read!

This is one of those books that you can fly through without having put much effort in. The pages and chapters quickly coast by as the storyline keeps you guessing. It was exactly what I was in the mood for. It kept me intrigued and entertained from start to finish. There were a few dramatic scenes, but nothing that overshadowed my enjoyment. The characters and their relationship dynamics were unique and interesting and the suspense kept me curious
Brenda -Traveling Sister host of The Traveling Friends
3.5 Stars

The Last Affair starts off with quite the bang with that opening line and scene. I knew I was going to be entertained by Margot Hunt’s writing and I was from beginning to end.

Margot Hunt takes your typical affair and turns into a fun story here by adding some sass and spunk to the writing and the unlikeable characters you love to hate.

The pace is easy and quick, with just the right amount of drama to the story to move it forward for me. The dynamics between the characters are engaging,
Berit☀️✨
Margot Hunt has done it again! A book full of twisted unlikable characters behaving badly? Yes please! I was completely invested, intrigued, and entertain from first page to last. The book starts with a bang, the murder of Gwen a housewife living in an upscale Florida neighborhood. The story is then told from the perspectives of Gwen, her daughter Abby, and the woman her husband is having an affair with Nora. None of these women were tremendously likable, but I glimpsed a piece of myself in each ...more
Norma * Traveling Sister ~ Semi-hiatus for now until I fully get my reading/reviewing hat on! 😂 I’m almost there! 💕
I’m almost back.....

Brenda, Lindsay, and I are participating in the blog tour for The Last Affair by Margot Hunt on November 28th so I thought I had better give myself a few days time to be prepared for it.

Mindless fun, juicy unlikeable characters, & wickedly entertaining!

THE LAST AFFAIR by MARGOT HUNT is an interesting, easy to read, easy-going, thrilling and fast-paced story that immediately piqued my interest and thoroughly entertained me.

THE LAST AFFAIR has an awesome opening scene! I
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
My third Margot Hunt book and let me tell ya - her writing is addictive. She captivates you from the beginning and it really doesn't let up throughout the entire read. Also, I'm a BIG fan of domestic thrillers. They do tend to run the same gambit though - illicit affairs, families in disarray, unlikable characters, obsession and murder. This one is no different but honestly, I love them so what can ya do? You like what you like!

I tore through this one on my commutes - was looking forward to
Keanna
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Was a good premise, well written, enjoyed the characters, loved the drama, but not a huge fan of the ending.
Kendall
Nov 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I absolutely devoured Margot Hunt's debut novel!! I was super excited to get my hands on another one of her books!

But, this one was just ok for me. It took me awhile to get into the storyline and we have some unlikeable characters in this one. We have a nicely laid out love triangle here with a mix of drama but it was missing that extra cherry on top for me. I was waiting for something to knock my socks off and it just wasn't happening!

I do love how Hunt writes... she definitely keeps you on
Annarella
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this book that kept me hooked till the last page.
It's well written, gripping and I loved the well written cast of characters.
I look forward to reading other books by this author.
Highly recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinion are mine.
Janice Lombardo
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book revolves around two families who have become intertwined due to a love affair.

The Landon's and the Holliday's both have their own problems. Abby Landon leaves college, probably never to return, in the midst of her junior year. This, over a break-up with her boyfriend. (To me that is beyond being ridiculous and immature). Of course, later on she pulls another stunt - this time even worse. Gwen Landon is so self-serving that the reader loves to hate her. Yet, Gwen's husband, Josh, is
Donna Hines
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, arc
"Love may be blind, but obsession’s a real killer."
When vindictiveness becomes deadly for one housewife and mother things can never go back to the way they once were.
How could this all have happened and why is the million dollar question.
I mean truly Nora isn't a whore she's a married woman whose seeking comfort in the arms of another married man.
Her husband wasn't the model husband having an abusive streak Carter turned to gambling, alcohol, and violence against his wife Nora.
So how can you
The Lit Bitch
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As many of us know, domestic thrillers are quite the rage right now. I’ve read some that were outstanding and others that were just ok, but I’ll be completely honest…..even the just ok ones fascinate me!

There is something about taking a peak into the lives of your neighbors and coworkers that just never gets old. You know the whole, the grass is greener situation never ceases to disappoint me.

This book of course is a domestic thriller, but I thought it sounded promising. Torrid affair, perfect
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book opens with a dead woman in her back yard face down and bloody.

Who could the attacker have been?

It could have been a number of people...the flirty neighbor, the wife having an affair with Gwen's husband, the husband, or even the daughter. Who is the most likely one?

And....this isn't the only crisis in this book...it is only the beginning.

We have two families, two unhappy marriages, unhappy children, unhappy adults, an affair between one of the husbands and one of the wives, and a lot of
Carla Johnson-Hicks
This is my first book by Margot Hunt and I enjoyed it. I listened to this one in one day as I just had to find out what was going to happen. The Last Affaire opens with a ghastly murder and we are privy to who the victim was. This had me intrigued right from the start and my curiosity did not fade until the end. It was a very easy story to listen to with some edge of the seat moments. I enjoyed the family drama with both families in the story. It was quite interesting to see how a spousal ...more
Shalini
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun domestic drama with a bit of a suspense at the end.

Unhappy marriages and an illicit affair, with one of the children seeing them together led to a blast in the routine of their lives where masks were removed and real nature of the characters came through.

My first book by author Margot Hunt, I enjoyed it completely as it was a light read between my suspense thrillers. I felt like a voyeur waiting for my daily fix of gossip. Characters were varied, good and bad and mixed.

The book
Jamie beauty_andthebook_
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
3.5 Stars!

Margot Hunt is back with another domestic thriller - this time looking at how an affair stirs up tension in a community and ultimately ends in murder (this is revealed in the prologue - not a spoiler). The whodunnit is definitely fun to figure out and not obvious from page one - despite some of the other plot points slightly having the feel of "where have I heard this before"

If you are a fan of Big Little Lies & the like, I think you'll enjoy The Last Affair!

Cindy Bokma
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read it, loved it and need to know if there's going to be a sequel?

I was hooked from beginning to end wondering how everything was going to tie together. I love a novel that keeps me guessing, unsure of who I can trust.

What a great writer and a plot that kept me engaged and wondering what was going to happen next.

I am already looking forward to this author's next book!
Bridget
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Margot Hunt writes a hugely engrossing and entertaining début psychological thriller, awash with glorious tropes of lies, obsession, malice, vindictiveness, and harboured secrets. I thought this book had a fascinating synopsis, so I grabbed the opportunity to read it with both hands! I am so pleased I did as there were no disappointments here!

Gwen Landon has everything she could ever wish for - a beautiful family, married to husband Josh, a orthodontist that everyone in town adores, and living
Sonica
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gwen Landon—poster woman for perfect wife, mother, and suburban bliss—is found brutallybludgeoned to death behind her Floridian McMansion. Beautiful and beloved by her community, Gwenmakes an unlikely victim. But just a scratch below the surface of her perfectly curated world reveals onefar more sinister. When looking back over the six months leading up to her death, the question of, “who would do this?” quickly shifts to, “who wouldn’t?”

Commercially successful food blogger and mother of three,
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from . This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I am enjoying more of these mystery / thriller/ personal dramas over the past year. I have to say I HOPE truth is not stranger or worse than fiction because fiction can be terrifying enough. Why can't some people let others have whatever harmless thing brings them a little joy?

Of course, this is much more complicated and what some people
Melissa
Nov 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Overall a decent psychological thriller, if you can get past the unpalatable subject of cheating spouses. I'm not a big fan of infidelity stories, and this one tried a bit too hard to get the reader to accept it because the spouses of the cheaters were awful people.
We know from the beginning that Gwen dies, but we don't know who did it or why.
Nora, married to a recovering alcoholic, connects with Gwen's husband Josh, her kids' orthodontist, while both attending conferences at the same hotel.
Kathy
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

The Last Affair by Margot Hunt is a spellbinding domestic mystery.

Popular food blogger and cookbook author Nora Holliday is unhappily married to husband Carter. But she is staying in the marriage for the sake of their children, Dylan, Matt and Katie. Nora is devoted to her kids but when the opportunity arises to go to a convention for bloggers, she impetuously decides to attend. This one decision sets in motion a chain of events that forever alter Nora's life.

Orthodontist Josh Landon's
AlisaK
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
What happens when you have two people in unhappy and dead marriages? The Last Affair.

Nora and Josh have finally found some happiness when they begin their illicit affair. However, during one of their hook ups they are spotted by Josh’s daughter Abby, who is home from college and nursing a broken heart. Already bitter after being cheated on, she vows to find out who her fathers mistress is and take her down.

Nora’s husband is a recovering alcoholic as well as a gambler, the only thing they have in
Miss W Book Reviews
I really loved "For Better or Worse" by Margot Hunt so I was super excited to read The Last Affair and it did not disappoint.

The first line “Other than the woman’s blood-covered body splayed facedown in the grass, it could have been any typical upscale Floridian backyard.” grabbed me and didn't let me go until I was done flipping pages through this fantastic psychological thriller.

The story alternates from different character perspectives, which is one of my favorite literary styles.
The
Johnna Whetstone
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
At least 5 stars! Hunt does it every time! She’s figured out the best strategy for psychological/domestic thrillers and she nails it every time she writes one in that genre! Her name makes it where I automatically need to read! Thrilling, chilling, suspense filled, shocking! A must read for my fellow thriller lovers!
Will make sure to race it up!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Good Girls Lie
  • Single
  • The Sun Down Motel
  • The Other Mrs.
  • Long Bright River
  • One Night Gone
  • Christmas in Silver Springs (Silver Springs, #6)
  • Reputation
  • Woman on the Edge
  • The Family Upstairs
  • The Wives
  • An Alaskan Christmas (Wild River #1)
  • The Princess Plan (A Royal Wedding, #1)
  • All Fired Up
  • The Kill Club
  • Christmas from the Heart
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)
  • The Better Liar
Margot Hunt is the pseudonym of a bestselling writer of twelve previous novels. Her work has been praised by Publisher’s Weekly, Booklist and Kirkus Reviews. BEST FRIENDS FOREVER is her first psychological thriller.

Learn more about Margot and her forthcoming books at
margothunt.com.