Start by marking “The Last Affair” as Want to Read:
The Last Affair

The Last Affair

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  46 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Love may be blind, but obsession’s a real killer.

Nora Holliday is not that kind of woman. Not the kind who has an illicit affair with a married man. But Josh Landon is everything Nora’s alcoholic husband isn’t. And now she and Josh are so infatuated, they can’t stay away from one another.

Abby Landon, Josh’s daughter, is home from college nursing a broken hear
Expected publication: November 26th 2019 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about The Last Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Affair

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Last Affair
Dita
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap!

This book grabbed me from page one, where a grisly murder takes place, and did not let up for one single second until the very end when I found out which of several characters in this crazy, juicy thriller did the deed.

I zoomed through this one like it was my job and hated it when I had to set it down.

Thank you to Margot Hunt, HARLEQUIN - MIRA (U.S. and Canada), and NetGalley for giving me a widget for this book.
Holly  B
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019, just-ok
I was super excited to read Margot Hunt's latest because I so enjoyed her last, For Better Or Worse. BUT, this one was just okay for me.

We have some unlikeable characters and it took a while for me to really get into the story line.

There is some drama and a twisted love triangle that some may enjoy, but pretty middle of the road for me. Nothing that really shocked/surprised me or stood out as something original. Believe me, I kept waiting.....

Also, wasn't a big fan of ho
Jayme
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Other than the woman’s blood-covered body splayed facedown in the grass, it could have been any typical upscale Floridian backyard.”

That is the opening sentence of Margot Hunt’s soon to be released third novel, “The Last Affair” available on Nov. 26, 2019.

Josh and Gwen’s daughter Abby, left college when she discovered her boyfriend cheating on her, with her best friend.

She comes home to discover that her Dad, is cheating on her mother, with Nora.

Already feeling irrational, she vo
Chelsea Humphrey
You know the type of book that holds your attention, yet brings nothing new to the table from the previous 97 domestic suspense novels you've read before it? Yea, that was this one. Don't get me wrong, it has soapy drama and a love triangle and enough unlikable characters to put a Real Housewives round table to shame, but I feel like I've read this exact book so many times that it may be time to put the genre behind me. If you enjoy middle of the road characters and are looking for an easy, entertai ...more
megs_bookrack
This sounds hella dramatic and I'm here for it!
Perfect for a Thanksgiving holiday week release.

I mean, what says dramatic more than Thanksgiving?

Really excited to get to this. I am participating in the blog tour and my review will be posted on my blog and here on Goodreads, onSaturday, November 30th, so please stay tuned for that!

Thank you, MIRA, for the ARC!!

Annarella
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this book that kept me hooked till the last page.
It's well written, gripping and I loved the well written cast of characters.
I look forward to reading other books by this author.
Highly recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinion are mine.
Janice Lombardo
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book revolves around two families who have become intertwined due to a love affair.

The Landon's and the Holliday's both have their own problems. Abby Landon leaves college, probably never to return, in the midst of her junior year. This, over a break-up with her boyfriend. (To me that is beyond being ridiculous and immature). Of course, later on she pulls another stunt - this time even worse. Gwen Landon is so self-serving that the reader loves to hate her. Yet, Gwen's husband,
Keanna
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Was a good premise, well written, enjoyed the characters, loved the drama, but not a huge fan of the ending.
Donna Hines
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley
"Love may be blind, but obsession’s a real killer."
When vindictiveness becomes deadly for one housewife and mother things can never go back to the way they once were.
How could this all have happened and why is the million dollar question.
I mean truly Nora isn't a whore she's a married woman whose seeking comfort in the arms of another married man.
Her husband wasn't the model husband having an abusive streak Carter turned to gambling, alcohol, and violence against his wife Nora
Cindy Bokma
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read it, loved it and need to know if there's going to be a sequel?

I was hooked from beginning to end wondering how everything was going to tie together. What a great writer and a plot that kept me engaged from beginning to end.
AlisaK
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
What happens when you have two people in unhappy and dead marriages? The Last Affair.

Nora and Josh have finally found some happiness when they begin their illicit affair. However, during one of their hook ups they are spotted by Josh’s daughter Abby, who is home from college and nursing a broken heart. Already bitter after being cheated on, she vows to find out who her fathers mistress is and take her down.

Nora’s husband is a recovering alcoholic as well as a gambler, the
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
FULL REVIEW WILL BE ON NOVEMBER 26.

The book opens with a dead woman in her back yard face down and bloody.

Who could the attacker have been?

Most of the book was about family relationships more than the murder, but once the affair was revealed to the non-participating spouses and the murder scene described, the book’s tension ramped up and concluded with a chilling ending.

This is my first book my Ms. Hunt.  Her writing draws you in and creates situations that
Johnna Whetstone
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
At least 5 stars! Hunt does it every time! She’s figured out the best strategy for psychological/domestic thrillers and she nails it every time she writes one in that genre! Her name makes it where I automatically need to read! Thrilling, chilling, suspense filled, shocking! A must read for my fellow thriller lovers!
Will make sure to race it up!
Janet

When it is hot as heck outside and there is nothing "cool" to do but reading sitting in front of the a/c as everything else makes you end up a sweaty mess, it is the perfect day for a speed reader. (Yes it is hot and humid in Canada!)

Love may be bli
Emily S
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was really excited to see Margot Hunt had a new book, because I really enjoyed "For Better and Worse". I enjoyed this book quite a bit, even though I really didn't like any of the characters. I actually think I liked Gwen the most, which makes me wonder what that says about me? I mean I could definitely see how "over-the-top" cold she is, but Nora seemed a bit self-righteous to me (although she did discuss her part in things). I guess she and Josh both kind of bugged me, like they both express ...more
Andrienne
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is another great book from Margot Hunt. I appreciate her books because they don't rely on gimmicks for the thrills, just great storytelling. The book opens up with a dead body and the story starts 6 months prior. An affair ensues between a small town orthodontist and a food blogger. Meanwhile, a daughter decides to play detective on her father while she nurses her own broken heart. The characters are sympathetic and layered.

Thanks to the publisher for letting me read it early.
Morgan Schulman
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reader-s-copy
I received an advanced readers copy in exchange for an honest review. This book it was the standard plotwise for a domestic thriller but the execution and the characters had a certain way about them they made this book a pleasure to devour
Vicky
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nora is that woman that appears perfect on the outside. She lives in a gorgeous house with a husband who’s attractive in that aging frat boy kind of way and she’s a food blogger. I mean, how fun is that? She’s practically The Pioneer Woman living the dream.
Gwen also appears perfect on the outside. She’s a dedicated mom who has chosen to forgoe a career to support her husband Josh who is a gorgeous doctor. She also has a perfect house and perfect hair.
Neither are perfect. But one is a good
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nora Holliday knows what she is doing is wrong on so many levels, but the connection she has with Josh isn't something she can ignore. He is everything her husband isn't, he showers her with attention and makes her feel loved, and she hasn't had that in a long time. They know they shouldn't let what happened at the conference follow them home, but they just can't seem to help themselves... and it's about to cost them everything!

They are not the only two mixed up in their little affai
Calista Andrechek
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGalley, Margot Hunt and Harlequin for allowing me to review this title and be part of the blog tour!

Nora isn’t the type of woman who has an affair with a married man, but Josh is everything that her alcoholic husband isn’t and now Nora and Josh are infatuated and can’t keep away from one another. Josh’s daughter Abby is home from college trying to heal her broken heart when she sees her father with another woman, and she vows to get revenge. As for Gwen, Josh’s wife,
Samantha
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The perfect whodunnit, suspense filled mystery!
I have to be completely honest, I have been reading some truly Amazingly Wonderful books lately. This one was no different, this one brought me back to several years ago, when I'd read on my iPad/kindle at night and just devour books, almost like you devour a Reese's Egg at Easter! The fun, the excitement of not wanting to put the book down, all of that has been emerging and I'm so thrilled!!
I don't feel like I've had that fire and thrill in a lit
Dana
Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for a copy of this book!

Though domestic thrillers are saturating the market, i am a sucker for them. We know right away that Gwen— Josh’s wife— is dead. But of course we have to back up first. Josh and Nora are both in unhappy marriages, which leads to them having an affair with deadly consequences.

What I enjoyed: I enjoy the author’s writing style. She uses multiple narrators to tell the story and it’s used well here. The end re
Sheri
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story grabs you from the very opening page when Gwen is found murdered in her backyard. As we read about the months leading up to her murder we find out she does not have as perfect of a life as everyone thinks. It is a story of two unhappy marriages. Each of the three couples, Nora and Josh, Gwen and her husband Josh, and Nora and her husband Carter, all have complex and different relationships. I loved Nora and Josh as a couple. I felt for their struggles with their troubled marriages and ...more
Patricia Romero
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
From the title, I got the idea that this was going to be someone's final affair. And it was.

Nora is married to a distant alcoholic and is miserable. She is sick and tired of her husband.

Josh is married to a psychopath. And he has had enough. So when he meets Nora and sparks fly, they both will begin an affair that will have deadly consequences.

So what separates this domestic suspense tale from all of the others I've read this year? Nothing. I figured out who
Kristen
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was given the opportunity to read an eARC of The Last Affair as part of Harlequin's fall blog tour, and I loved it! The Last Affair can easily be catagorized as a domestic/psychological thriller but personally I think it is so much more than that!  This is a gritty story about family, marriage and real ugliness that can happen in lives behind closed doors (and sometime in front of open ones!). It was a quick read, mostly becuase I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend this one to thriller l ...more
Vanessa
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! Margot Hunt does it again with her newest addicting psychological thriller!

Nora, middle age, struggles with her unhappy marriage. While traveling for a work convention, she runs into her kids’ orthodontist, Josh at the hotel bar. Josh and Nora have an instant connection and the affair begins. Told from multiple point of views, this thriller explores the consequences of our actions.
Hunt’s novel will have you hooked from the start! The characters feel so real including some tha
Leslie M.

• The Wives
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Behind Every Lie
  • Magpie
  • Good Girl, Bad Girl (Cyrus Haven, #1)
  • The Nanny
  • Gretchen
  • 29 Seconds
  • The Grace Year
  • Anything For You (Valerie Hart, #3)
Margot Hunt is the pseudonym of a bestselling writer of twelve previous novels. Her work has been praised by Publisher’s Weekly, Booklist and Kirkus Reviews. BEST FRIENDS FOREVER is her first psychological thriller.

Learn more about Margot and her forthcoming books at
margothunt.com.