Start by marking “Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)” as Want to Read:
Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)

Deke

(Fake Boyfriend #3)

OLLIE

Word of advice: don't come out to random guys in public restrooms. Even if they're charming and adorably nerdy and offer to help.

My family believe I can't be happy if I'm not out to the world. I have a bitter ex-boyfriend and an unstable NHL career to show for it. A fake boyfriend seems like an easy and quick solution to get my family off my back, and this guy is volu
Published January 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Deke, please sign up.
endeavoursofvic It won't be as good without the previous books. There are about 10 Characters involved in this Book that you meet in the earlier books. (they mostly a…moreIt won't be as good without the previous books. There are about 10 Characters involved in this Book that you meet in the earlier books. (they mostly act as side characters here though)That being said they do kind off recap that stuff briefly so you could read it as a stand alone. It would still be a lot of fun. But personally I just think reading these books in order is the way to go. (This question was asked a while back anyway so maybe you already decided^^)(less)

Start your review of Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
☆ Todd
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Wow, this feels like some big ole' Eden Finley book 1 déjà vu, because once again...

I have nothing but LOVE, LOVE, LOVE for this story.

At 24, NHL player Ollie had zero problem with the fact that he was gay, but his entire family took major issue with him not coming out yet, as they didn't understand that the issue was way less about shame and way more about holding onto a job in hockey that he truly loved.

So after one family dinner, accidentally coming out to a stranger in the bathroom, and
~Mindy Lynn~
5 Stars!

My favorite in the series thus far!

Their meeting was unconventional and by chance. Their arrangement was only supposed to last for one meal. They were sure they wouldn't see each other again. But fate had other plans for this hockey player and this sports journalist.

Lennon is a sports reporter for a magazine who was recently reporting on football until a few papers he wrote on a certain hockey player got him transferred to writing for the sport he never knew much about. Meeting Ollie t
Wendys Wycked Words
4.5 ggj

I have loved all the books in this series, though I have to say that they seem to get better and better with each book. So it shouldn't be surprising that this one is definitely my favorite...so far !! I had so much fun reading it ;) And most of it is because of Clark ...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor awesome times gif

Ollie is a hockey player in the NHL. He's gay, he's proud, but he isn't fully out. The only people who know are his close family and they support him 200 %... It's the 200 instead of a 100 that seems to be the problem here. They
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK
Enter Giveaway HERE.

Deke is the third installment of Eden Finley's Fake Boyfriend series and brings us to Ollie, closeted hockey player, and Lennon, a out and proud journalists that gets roped into helping him out in an odd situation. Ollie may still be in closet to most of the world, but his family and friends all know that he's gay, which puts him in the hot seat whenever they're around and want to know why he's still hiding who he is. Enter Lennon, the perfect fa
Shile

I enjoyed this one, but book 2 is still my favorite.

-It was sweet and fluffy

- Funny

-Hot

-Ollie and Lennon are so adorable. Ollie's family is goals.

Can't wait to read Talon and Miller, Jet and Soren books.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I liked Deke by new-to-me author, Eden Finley, but the longer I sat on my review, the fewer positive things I could come up with about the story. Huh.

Ollie's family dynamics were memorable and well written, but the fake-boyfriend set up was kind of an awkward fit here. I didn't quite get it, and the romance felt a bit abrupt and thrown together from that point forward.

I love, love, love hockey romances, but we barely get any hockey details here. It was a hockey romance in name only, and though
Lorraine Lesar
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
She shoots, she scores!

I really don’t read sport related theme books, but Eden Finley certainly deked me (see what I did there?) with this Series, I’m really enjoying it.
The way Ollie guided his puck into Lennon’s goal to win against all odds to get their happy ending was a joy to read.
Will definitely be reading the rest of the Series.
4* from me.
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Cute, But Not Awesome*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

The third book in the series centers around the winger in the NHL (hockey) for the Dragons, Ollie Strömberg (24) and sports journalist/reporter who works for Sporting Health Magazine, Lennon ‘Clark’ Hawkins (how old?). The two meet when Ollie is hiding from his family in the bathroom. Lennon agrees to pretend to be his boyfriend so Ollie's family will back off. And then they'll never see each other again. Or so they thought.
Before any of them can s
Christelle
Another win for me from Eden Finley. Third in her series “Fake Boyfriend”, it can be read as a standalone, but I would suggest to read the whole series if you enjoy romances set up in the sport world, with a low level of angst, but a high amount of banter and steam.

So, this time, we get the story of Ollie, a hockey player, and Clark, aka Lennon, a sport journalist.
Ollie breaths hockey and is unwilling to risk his career by outing himself, apart from within his family. Said family is on his back
Ky
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*

Sports romance and a fake relationship seem like two tropes that don't go together in m/m books, right? Well, in this book they did go together and they were perfect for each other!

Ollie is a hockey player, he's out and pretty open about his sexuality with his huge family and some close friends, but he's still closeted when it comes to the rest of the world. His family is super supportive and they are all pushing for him to come out, to the point of Ollie feeling pressured about it. W
Cadiva
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best one yet imho. Eden takes things to another level with the third entry in the Fake Boyfriend series and gives us a wonderfully snarky relationship between a sports journalist and a closeted ice hockey player.

I loved pretty much everything about this narrative, from the smart and nerdy Lennon to the sweetly vulnerable Ollie.

Either way, this story had me wrapped round its little finger from the off, when Ollie bumps into Lennon when he's escaping his overprotective and insanely supportive fami
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: male-action
4.5 Stars!

Bumped my rating of book 1 up to 5 stars (rounded down to 4.5). Deke came in a close second to book 1 and was much improved from book 2.

I really liked Ollie and Lennon.

I love that there's no real big drama/break-up. Each book has a moment where one of the characters sort of loses all brain function and acts like an idiot but they always realize they were being idiotic rather quickly and things move on nicely. This I can handle.

I am so glad EF decided not to end this series and is gi
Susan
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, series
I don’t think I’m one for sports books or books about athletes. This whole closet thing always bugs me. Why did I read this then? Because I liked the first book (or I was in a good mood when I read it), and I read all the raving reviews for this one, so I’d thought I’d go for it.

And while there was nothing really wrong with this book, it didn’t wow me either. I think what actually bothered me the most is that both Ollie and Lennon were so careful with their relationship status. I love a good pas
.Lili.

-UST
-Opposites attract
-Character growth
-Easy, quick pace
-Great main and secondary characters
-Nice relationship development
-All tied up with a HEA

Deke by Eden Finley is probably one of my favorite fake boyfriend books. I typically don't care for them, but it wasn't drawn out. This was a fun, romantic, feel-good story.

4.5 Stars

Can't wait for the next two books.
Fabi
I enjoyed the humor. There were times I laughed out loud. The romance itself however, was just ok for me. The sports angle was flash and go. There wasn't any "on the ice" action I could sink my teeth into.

I'm digging for things to say but I'm drawing a blank. Maybe it's only that I read this after reading an exceptional series so it had a hard time measuring up, but the best I can give it is 2.75 stars.
Sahitya
It’s been so long since I first read this book but I never reviewed it coz I loved it too much and wasn’t sure what to write except some incoherent gushing. But I thought I’ll give it a try after recently rereading it.

Eden Finley has quickly become a favorite author and as a fan of the fake boyfriend trope, I really love this series a lot. The writing is fast paced and funny and there were so many moments where I laughed out loud. At the same time, it was also quite emotional in some family sce
chan ☆
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
just what the dr. ordered

i picked out a ton of dark sexy reads for smutathon but they all kind of left me... sad. this was such a nice change of pace and definitely redeemed this series for me after a less than stellar book 2.

i definitely can affirm that eden finley writes some pretty excellent, sexy, MM romance that imo does not fetishize gay men. she takes care when writing her books in exploring the actual experiences of her characters rather than just having 2 hyper masculine swoldiers fuck
Erth
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Since reading the first book in this series I have found myself stalking this author. I don't even think before one clicking a book written by Eden Finley, she's a sure thing.

Ollie and Lennon are both really likeable characters and their slow build relationship is very refreshing. Their hidden desire for each other is hard to hide. The story flows really well with enough ups and down within the plot to keep you turning the pages. I love this author's writing style, she writes beautifully.
DarienMoya
The Story: 3.5 Pants Off

Sadly, not as good as the first two books but still enjoyable.

The Narration: 4.5 Pants Off

I live for Alexander Cendese, and Iggy Toma also did a solid job.

SideNote: I’d like to talk about how harmful words can be even if it wasn’t meant to be.

There’s a passage in the book where Lennon is talking about all the guys he’s dated and a few names started with D. The relationships were horrible so Olly jokes that he should maybe stay away from the D (he meant D names) and Lenno
Lianne
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm smiling like an idiot at the kiss cam scene 😂 ...more
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4 Stars***

This was such a fun read!

The banter! The slow burn! The sexy times once the burn explodes! Did I mention the banter?!

The fake boyfriend aspect of the story was weak and very short lived, but I really don't care because it wasn't an integral part of the story...just a means for these two to meet and for sparks to fly.

And best of all...the author had so many opportunities to turn a situation into unnecessary and eye-rolling drama...and she didn't....NOT ONCE!!

Image result for halleloo gif
Snjez
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: re-reads
This was a really enjoyable read. It had two super sweet main characters, lots of humor and minimum angst.

I loved seeing the characters from previous (and future) books. Jet is so much fun, I can't wait for his story.

*************
Re-read 10/2019:
I reread this to refresh my memory before reading Max and Ash's short story. I'm glad I did, because I enjoyed it even more the second time around.

Jenn
In looking at all the 5-star reviews, I’ll admit I hesitated whether to give 5 stars as well (partially because I don’t give 5-stars often), because it just doesn’t seem possible and could be viewed as skewed reviewing, I realize. And if I’m being completely forthcoming, Ollie and Lennon are not my favorite couple in this series, although you could read this as a standalone if you wanted. My favorites are a previous couple, and a future couple in the next book. So, again, why the 5 stars? It’s f ...more
Eugenia
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reread (audiobook): 3.5 Stars
September 2019: I liked reading this more than listening. There is something about Iggy Toma in here that didn’t work for me. He lacked the intensity that Alexander Cendese brought to the characters. Great story, however!

Original ebook review February 2019:

I love this series!!!

That said, I cannot wait until this one comes out in audiobook!!

So, fake boyfriend....one of my favorite tropes! Eden Finley rocked it again in this third book of the series. While this could b
h o l l i s
Not counting the novella, this was easily my least favourite of the series so far. This particular fake boyfriend arrangement (at least initially) was the least believable or realistic and I honestly only liked half the couple. The ensemble, as usual, was fun, and Jet was a huge highlight with all his antics (so excited for his match up!) but ultimately this was just okay. Some good content -- I liked that we didn't get bogged down with two sides of OTT family drama -- and this one actually had ...more
Santy
I absolutely enjoyed this book!

It had laughs, banter, heart and above all love. Ollie and Lennon were so real.. I totally enjoyed their pairing.

I wouldn't change a thing about it.

Awesome work Eden Finley! Just awesome!

*Slow clap*
Chris
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-contemporary
3.5 stars for this romantic hockey adventure. I really enjoyed Ollie and his connection with Lennon. While it was predictable, it still gave me many smiles ❤️
Elsbeth

Re-read, 2019 August 8th

*******************************************

My goodness... This was awesome. Definitely my fav of the series. It just gets better and better.

Ollie & Lennon were so cute together. Totally stupid for each other. I loved that.

I had a blast with Ollie's familie. Very funny. Although they gave Ollie the wrong support, they meant no harm and loved him.

I'm oblivious to the title of the book. Who the fuck is Deke? It may have something to do with Lennon being called Clark. Idk
haletostilinski
4.5 stars rounded down!

Gotta say, it had been so long since the last book that I forgot who Lennon was - but I remembered quickly. If anyone else forgets, he was the sports reporter who hit on Noah to try to get some dirt on Matt, and ended up making Noah mad, but he didn't say anything about their fake relationship and was actually respectful to Noah and Matt, so they became friends.

Ollie is a closeted hockey player who is friends and was on the same team as Tommy, Maddox's - from book one - b
Ariana
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot-hot-hot, lgbtq, ku
I always love when an author can take an old trope and create something new with it.
Eden Finley is doing exactly that here.

The scenario of an athlete falling for a sports reporter was refreshing and very intriguing. But it does not go down the avenue you might think. See, Ollie doesn't know Lennon is a reporter to start with, and there could have been drama galore exploiting this.

Eden Finley goes for a totally different, much deeper dilemma.
This is about Ollie coming out on his terms and finall

• Fired Up (Fever Falls, #1)
  • Want Me (Extracurricular Activities, #1)
  • Just Friends (Never Just Friends, #1)
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)
  • Right as Raine (Aster Valley #1)
  • Try Me (Extracurricular Activities #2)
  • Home Plate (Easton U Pirates, #2)
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)
  • Game Changer (Game Changers, #1)
  • Roommate
  • Bat Boy (Easton U Pirates, #1)
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • The Faker Rulebook
  • Tough Guy (Game Changers, #3)
  • Fake It 'til You Make Out (Love & Luck, #1)
  • Rule Breaker (Mixed Messages, #1)
Eden Finley is an Amazon bestselling author who writes steamy contemporary romances that are mostly full of snark and light-hearted fluff.

She lives to create an escape from real life for herself and her readers.

She's also an Australian girl and apologises for her Australianisms that sometimes don't make sense to anyone else.

Fake Boyfriend (6 books)
  • Fake Out (Fake Boyfriend, #1)
  • Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend, #4)
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
  • Final Play (Fake Boyfriend, #6)