Start by marking “The Nightmare's Truth” as Want to Read:
The Nightmare's Truth

The Nightmare's Truth

In the veiled shadows of the world we presumed to know, lurks a terrible secret.

Lost in the forgotten memories of a soul reborn rests the key to the future.

Tormented by vivid nightmares drenched in blood, desperate for answers and driven by purpose to seize a future beyond exceptional, Tyler Onorare's life is forever changed by the sudden arrival of a beautiful, enigmati
Published January 31st 2019 by Amazon KDP

To ask other readers questions about The Nightmare's Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Nightmare's Truth

Start your review of The Nightmare's Truth
Aaron Britt
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Picked this up on Amazon before a weekend away, finished before I got back, that's not a comment on the length of the book but book itself, couldn't put it down!

The plot is solid having a main 'good vs evil' arch, Dalton takes some existing concepts surrounding the vampire mythos and spins them in a new way whilst adding his own ideas.

One place where this book really shines is the characters; plenty of time is spent with the main characters, developing there drives and motivations, meaning the
Dzintra
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an interesting book. If your a fan of a genre mash-up like I am, this is the book for you. The writing is brilliant and quickly engaged me, whisking me away on a wonderful journey. This is a debut novel for this author, I will certainly be looking for more,
Wendy Wanner
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
An alluring weave of fantasy, folklore and history that leaves you crying out for the next novel in the series.

The Nightmare’s Truth spans many genres — fantasy, mythology, horror, thriller, suspense, sci-fi and history. For a debut novel, Luke Dalton should be turning cartwheels along with his sword-wielding hero, Ty. Well done!

I’m intrigued right from the start —the novel opens with an epic battle between legionnaires, gladiators and barbarians, and just when I’m invested in the conflict, Tyle
Aaron Britt
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Amber
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a wonderful exploration into a dark and desperate world, in which strong people are fighting to restore glimmers of light.

The characters are rich in detail and you soon feel connected to their personal stories. Dalton does a compelling job of exploring the grey areas of morality, and you can feel his character's struggle as they adjust to new world views.

I found the overlay of vampiric and magical storylines across a dystopian landscape to be a refreshingly new take on some age ol
Kelly Boyd
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting book, covering many genres. Whilst I liked all the genres it hit, it felt a little like a book of many but master of none at times. I'm not convinced the zombies added anything to the story progression and if the author didn't add in references to hovercars on a semi regular basis I wouldn't have assumed this wasn't just set in a current timeline.

Some common components of vampire mytholodgy, as well as the author's spin on them but not enough to stand out as anything ground breaking
Azriel  Green
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finally got around to reading this book over the weekend and oh wow what an amazing experience! I'm not a huge fan of vampire books generally. The genre is experiencing a kind of fatigue at the moment, but this was a fresh and well thought out story which I absolutely loved. Old aspects of vampire lore are refreshed and given a cool, authentic facelift. I could go on about a lot that I really enjoyed, well written fight scenes and awesome weapons especially, but for me this book was so enjoyab ...more
Jamie Middleton
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolute must-read if you're into your supernatural in any way...

I'm a damn picky reader, but this has it all. Honestly, you say vampires and I'll give it a go, but this is so much more and far superior to the usual vamp stuff that's churned out these days.

The author has a knack for poetic language and a way with words (two vamps in particular spring to mind) that manages to open up whole new avenues of insight into the world he's created.

With well-rounded characters and some subtle and powerful
Tess Persinger
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you fancy escaping reality to a magical world filled with mystery and thrilling excitement you've come to the right place! Luke's writing broadens your imagination so perfectly you almost believe his story might be real one day! I was hooked from the beginning and can even see it on the big screen one day! I've never read a book with such a perfect balance of history, action, romance and horror - it starts as day-to-day life then changes into so many phenomenal layers! Everyone needs to read ...more
Em
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been struggling for a little while to get my teeth into a new book and this has given me just that. The story grips you right from the beginning leaving you unwilling to put it down and wanting more. With a dynamic mix of genres, this is sure to suit the taste of just about anyone! I loved this book so much I've read it twice now, and can't wait to read what happens next!

Em

Jasmine Butcher
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novel propels the reader onto an action packed adventure right from the start!

With such a gripping story line and a wonderfully descriptive writing style, I was immersed in this fantasy world the whole way through.

It is clear that every part of this book is extremely well thought out, including the characters that the reader really comes to know.

I cannot wait to follow this authors future novels, plenty of excitement to come!

Kea Nurse
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful use of language. The way it flows makes it an easy enjoyable read and the plot keeps the reader captivaed. Love a relateable main character.
Derek Clancy
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic well written book! Re read it twice! Can't wait for the next installment! Can't wait to see what else this author has up his sleeve!
Laura-Lou Fox-Newby
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not my usual Genre, but I greatly enjoyed the story and am already looking forward to the next installment! Highlight for me was the depth of the characters! Definitely worth a read.
Dave
OldBird
gil
is currently reading it

• Faithless
  • Relative Fortunes (Julia Kydd #1)
  • The Hunted (Prequel to the Darkest Hand Trilogy)
  • JLA: A League of One
  • Ragdoll (Fawkes and Baxter, #1)
  • Superbia (Superbia #1)
  • If the Kids are United
  • The Six
  • Family Ghouls (A Greek Ghouls Mystery #1)
  • The Case of the Attic Door (The Adventures of Finn and Annie, #1)
  • The Haunting of Thomas House
  • Viper (Isles of Storm and Sorrow #1)
  • The Wicked Cometh
  • Tropical Dragon's Destiny (Shifting Sands Resort, #10)
  • Ugly Beautiful
  • Baking is Murder (Bee's Bakehouse Mysteries, #1)
  • Hidden Doors, Secret Rooms
  • Death Comes in Threes (Addie Foster Mystery Series, #1)

News & Interviews