Start by marking “Out of My League (Hope Valley Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Out of My League (Hope Valley Book 1)

Out of My League

(Hope Valley #1)

After years of war, Lincoln Sheppard thought he’d left the violence and ugliness behind. He was content with the life he built for himself. Then the woman down the street came in and shook everything up.

All Eden Brenner ever wanted was to have a place to call home. She finally found that in Hope Valley. Then she went and fell in love with the man a few houses down the fi
Published January 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Out of My League, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of My League

Leo (Queen of the Rants)
1 star for Rocky the rescued pup!
Not even him could save this for me. That’s got to say something because I usually rated books higher because of the animals.

A pathetic, imbecile, weak with lack of brain cells heroine paired with a std walking manwhore. Really, why am I even surprised.? Why do authors keep continuing degrading women like this? I don’t even know why I keep asking this question.

The book starts with heroine going to a block party, there she sees hero, she becomes a stupid brainl
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
We’d been too busy talking and laughing to notice that Mrs. Bea, the sweet elderly lady on the block, was trying to navigate her front walk with three grocery bags and her cane.
Lincoln divested her of the bags, then held out his arm so she could hook hers around his crooked elbow.
Dear Lord! He helps elderly ladies carry in their groceries too? Could this guy get any more perfect?

“Linc there owns his own private investigations and security firm. Opened it up when he left t
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
3 KA stars

Another reviewer compared this to Law Man, Breathe and Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley. I disagree with the Rock Chick analogy. To me, it had more of a Sweet Dreams vibe. But definitely had many elements of Law Man and Breathe. I adore the early KA's and had to read.

This wasn't bad. I thought it was a nice homage to KA's early works. And, if you are looking for the fix, this is one to read. It even has a nice epilogue.
Kahea

***5 ‘Monster’ Stars***

This book was all KINDS of goodness and quite possibly one of the most enjoyable 1st in series I’ve read in awhile. Once I dove in, it was really, really hard to put it down. It was all kinds of sweet, swoony, smexy and adorable and with a heavy dose of heart, a nice splash of suspense and with a whole slew of characters I ended up adoring and needing to spend more time with so I can get to know them all better!

I adored Eden. Seriously adored her. She’s had a rough l
Jen
2.5ish Stars

I should start by saying I’m a huge Jessica Prince fan. I discovered her at a time when I just needed a well written, easy to read romance with heroines that didn’t piss me off (you know what I mean) and she delivered. Her Kindle Unlimited status didn’t hurt. Since then, I’ve read over ten JP novels and I can safely say she’s always been a solid four star read for me.

That being said, Out of My League was most definitely not my proverbial jam. Everything about the story, including the
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
3 ⭐⭐⭐ - OK decent reads.
=========================

Ladies, it's just me or seemed written by Kristen Ashley in the early years?
I liked the story, but it looked like KA, I think that's why I ended up enjoying it so much.

Jean Shorts Chick was far from the last woman to randomly show at his house for countless hours at a time over the next couple of months, and after girl number three, I was starting to notice a trend.

Lincoln Sheppard was totally and completely out of my l/>
Lincoln/>Jean
BookSmacked
Loved ! Loved ! Loved !

Jessica Prince never fails in making me fall in love with her books. And I’m beyond excited for this series.

I found myself quickly engrossed in Out of My League from the get go. Eden was a character that I immediately loved. She’s had a crappy life and she’s trying to find her happy, she’s definitely someone that I could see myself being great friends with.

Now Lincoln, well he’s a whole other story. Hot, alpha and dang throughout this book I found myself heating up, lit
Tracy  C
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this. Eden's first impression may be a shy, quiet mouse, but that is not the real her. She had such a fire inside. I loved her attitude when it came to her brother! I was cheering internally.
I will admit that Lincoln mad me a bit mad at the beginning. I knew it wasn't going to end well when Eden found out why he initially approached her. But I settled down because you could tell he was being genuine. Great romance and a little bit of intrigue. Can't wait for the rest in th
Somia
After a lifetime of moving to one place and then another, due to the trouble her family caused in each town they found themselves in, Eden finally finds a place where she feels she can truly belong - Hope Valley. It’s here she meets Lincoln, an ex-veteran, who has a successful security business.

In their first meeting Lincoln really leaves an impression on Eden, for Lincoln well that's not the case, and he seems to only really straighten up and notice her when she's wearing more fitted clothing
Nicla

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW/OM (view spoiler)
Any push/pull (view spoiler)
Any couple separation (view spoiler)At first I wasn't too sure about this but I did end up really enjoying it. Definitely interested in reading more of this series.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW/OM (view spoiler)
Any push/pull (view spoiler)
Any couple separation (view spoiler)
Instant love: (view spoiler)
Angst Level: Low
Heat Level: High
Heroesinbooks
3.5 Eden and Lincoln Stars

I wasn't going to read this book because I had read a few reviews that dissuaded me but I had a sample of it & started reading then had to finish it.

Set in small town America , the local hot guy player ,Lincoln , who is ex-military and now owns his own security firm is tasked by his cop friend to 'get close' to his neighbour. He hasn't been the least bit attracted to Eden but agrees to feign interest to help his friend with a serious case that Eden is suspected to
Cheesecake
Cute entertaining fluff.
I found it hard to put down, ..,.yet I also skimmed parts.
The writing style is very reminiscent of Kristen Ashley, down to the overly long and detailed descriptions of clothing and house hold decor. Kinda like reading a book written by a fan of Barbie dolls.

Eden is 34 and has finally found a town she might put down roots in. She has the hots for her hottie neighbour, Lincoln who doesn't seem to notice her except when she's making a fool of herself.
Lincoln is 42
A Klue
Rating: 3.5 stars

My curiosity got the better of me, folks. I decided, for better or worse, to go on a fact finding mission to see if this book was worth putting up with Lincoln, a manho hero I usually try to avoid, and Eden, the pining after him from afar plain Jane to pretty heroine. I must say the reviews I read were spot on. Oddly enough even those which left polar opposite ratings/opinions. They all piqued my interest to the point I just had to see for myself if this book was out
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shelly
Ooh, who doesn’t love a growly alpha male with a soft and gooey underbelly he doesn’t expose to just anyone? Hmm? I see no hands raised, which means you’re going to love Lincoln Sheppard just as much as I do. He’s a retired military man who’s opened up a private security company in Hope Valley and he loves his job and his town. He doesn’t need anyone or anything else. Especially not the pretty, new, slightly mysterious resident of Hope Valley.

Eden Brenner has fought all her life for
Emmi
Jan 10, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to DNF at 15%, but I forced myself to get to 25% before I gave up. This popped up on Penny Reid's Goodreads page, so I was really hoping I'd like it. But the whole thing so far has been discussions about the heroine's body and the bodies of the people around her. Of course she has to go on a "weight loss journey" (gag) because how could the hot hero even notice her when she's not super skinny? (she's a size 10/12, by the way. Oh, the horror.) And let's not forget that it's perfectly acc ...more
Fiona Fog
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second Chances

Edens first glimpse of Hope Valley has her captivated, she’s finally found a place to call home. After years of moving around and existing she knows this town is her forever home.

She didn’t come from the best of homes her childhood was dismal and with a family like hers it’s a wonder she survived. Her parent and her brother were drunks if it wasn’t booze it was drugs. They moved constantly never staying in any place to long because they’d either ripped someone off or owed money.
April Symes
This book was just TONS of sexiness, heat, deliciousness and goodness wrapped up in a book; This is , in my opinion, one of the most best 1st in series I’ve read in quite some time. Once I started, it was really, really hard to stop reading for it was really good. Lincoln and Eden are my favourite couple and thats hard to say because I love every couple of Ms. Prince's books but Lincoln and Eden really seem to top them.
Eden finds this amazing town, after a bad upbringing she decides to mak
HMS
May 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Our heroine, I shall call her ding dong, and our hero who I shall call Ho-man, live in the same neighborhood. DD sees Ho-man and can't work her tongue, mouth or body. When a string of break ins disrupt the small town and then a murder, DD's past is thrust into the spotlight, mainly her shitty family. Enter Ho-man, a former Marine (Hot) and owner of a nationally known security company.

description ...more
Carmen Rae
This is the first book I have read from this author and I have to wonder what rock I have been living under. I saw this on my GoodReads feed before it was released and added it to the pile. When the dreaded what to read next hit I saw this one had been released on Kindle Unlimited, checked out the reviews and started reading and got so deeply sucked in I couldn't put it down.

The writing style reminds me of a less wordy Kristen Ashley and I loved it. Eden was so kick arse, I immediat
Kim
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!! Jessica Prince has stepped up her game for 2019! Out of My League is simply fantastic!

I could see the entire book playing out in front of my eyes like a Netflix series! I LOVED everything about this story and was hooked instantly. The characters, the witty banter, an alpha male, a heroine that feels less than…everything about this book was a WIN for me. I truly enjoyed everything about Eden and Lincoln and I like the fact that they are in their 30’s which makes this story so much more rel
~Dawn~TUG
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excited to have a new town and people from one of my favs!! Full review to come

Jessica Prince can add another check to ever growing list of things she has done so amazingly well, slow burn. With an alpha on top of it. This book did take me a minute to connect with, which isn't usual for me and Ms. Prince. But knowing one of my fav authors was in charge I did what I do best, sit back and let the story take me away. I am more than excited on where this is all going, who we get watch fa
Zilpha Owens
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jessica Prince’s new Hope Valley Series kicks off with the sweet, small town romance Out of My League. With that small town feel, tight knit community, swoony romance and a bit of suspense mixed in, its a perfect start and gets me excited for more.

Eden Brenner could be you or me. Insecurities plague her and her self confidence is lacking. She’s had a rough life but she’s resilient and strong.

Lincoln Sheppard is the ultimate guy - alpha, good looking, neighborly, chivalrous. He puts off that pl
MiDouradoP
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How could I not love this series??

With each released book, I love more and more this author's work. I love her characters, the stories she tells, her towns and all the feelings she brings.

When I started this book, I was confident I was gonna love Marco (we met him in Consume - #3 Civil Corruption series). And don't get me wrong, I am still in love with him, but now I'm also in love with Cord (I so need his book) and totally, oh totally in love with Lincoln.

Fro
Cheryl O'Harney
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hot, alpha-male, funny, arc
Title: Out of my League (Hope Valley, #1)
Author: Jessica Prince
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: 5/5

ARC received in return for an honest review.

Didn’t think it was possible to love this authors work anymore than I already did but it looks like I was
wrong, Hope Valley and it’s likeable residents including what’s promising to be some more seriously badass alphas like the hero in this book, looks set to be in my opinion Jessica Princes’s best work to date.

Th/>ARC
Izzie d
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: security, small-town
Lincoln and Eden.
Small town romance.
Excellent secondary characters and loads of breadcrumbs dropped for future books in series. Lots of potential.
Lincoln is popular with the ladies, one of the reasons he doesn't want to get involved with Eden is he likes his variety.
Eden notices him at a party, he doesn't really seem to notice her, they don't interact, then he leaves with another woman, who he was already with.
After her officially meets her, he is at his house with
Jennifer Alexander
This was a small town, everyone knows everyone’s business story that I absolutely love. With just enough drama in it to keep me wondering and a few “mean girls” that made me want to slap them it was a story that I enjoyed. I can’t wait for book 2.
Emma Johnston
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This author is an instant read for me. I don't even read the blurb anymore.

Lincoln and Eden are my favourite couple so far. Lincoln is hot hot hot!! Brilliant book to start a new series! Can't wait for the next one!
Jennifer D.
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I loved this small town romance! The fact that it is the first in a new series by Jessica Prince has me dancing for joy! Eden and Lincoln kick off the series. She is new to town and kinda shy and Lincoln is a sexy alpha that runs his own security company. She thinks he is way out of his league but she's really a kick ass chick who is perfect for him...even if he doesn't see it right away. I couldn't put the book down! The storyline flowed well and I loved all of the characters. I cannot wait for ...more
SCBookAddict
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. I felt a little disconnected with Lincoln at first. We hit a few bumps trying to get on the same page. Once we got there, this book came to life!
Eden is a new resident of Hope Valley. Her family life was WAY less than stellar and has left her without friends and a lot of self-doubt.
Then there's Lincoln. A self-proclaimed bachelor that can have any woman he wants and can melt pants with a smile. He's also the one person that can make Eden forget how to talk whenev
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Hail Mary (Waiting on the Sidelines, #3)
  • One Cruel Night (Cruel, #0.5)
  • Teasing the Princess (Royals United #2)
  • Wild Kisses (Wilder Irish, #6)
  • Redeeming the Deception of Grace
  • Freaks Like You (Freaks, #1)
  • Now or Never (San Francisco Thunder #4)
  • Badd Medicine (Badd Brothers #11)
  • Plan B (Best Laid Plans, #2)
  • Dragon Fall (Masters of the Flame, #3)
  • Romantica (The Romantica Trilogy, #1)
  • Suddenly Mine (Montgomery Brothers, #8)
  • Method
  • This Thing of Ours
  • EVER LONELY
  • Shattered
  • Ashes to Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs, #2.5)
  • The Ways We Lied
Born and raised around Houston, Jessica is a self proclaimed caffeine addict, connoisseur of inexpensive wine, and the worst driver in the state of Texas. In addition to being all of these things, she’s first and foremost a wife and mom.
Growing up, she shared her mom and grandmother’s love of reading. But where they leaned toward murder mysteries, Jessica was obsessed with all things romance.
Whe

Hope Valley (6 books)
  • Come Back Home Again (Hope Valley #2)
  • The Best of Me (Hope Valley #3)
  • Wrong Side of the Tracks (Hope Valley #4)
  • Stay With Me (Hope Valley Book 5)
  • The Second Time Around (Hope Valley #7)
“Here’s to us,” Gypsy suddenly declared, lifting her wineglass in the air, Nona and I following suit as she finished her toast, “and the shitty people in our lives. If it wasn’t for them, we wouldn’t have thick skin and know how to fight and scratch our way to the top.” 0 likes