Start by marking “The Little Love That Could” as Want to Read:
The Little Love That Could

The Little Love That Could

In this collection of personal essays, Pamela Capone writes with both heart and humor. Using historical and contemporary examples--as well as stories from her own life--she writes for the soul and for the sole intention of pointing to love.

This book is about teensy-weensy firecracker love, love that, when ignited, lights up someone's dark night. It's about feet-on-the-grou
Published March 10th 2019 by Aha! Press

To ask other readers questions about The Little Love That Could, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Love That Could

Libby Kirsch
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not many of us take the time to stop and think about our day in any real, meaningful way, but Pamela Capone’s new book, The Little Love That Could, encourages us to do just that—to consider how small, seemingly unimportant interactions and events in our lives actually have real meaning. The book is an entertaining reminder to not only stop and smell the roses, but to stop and examine how our actions impact loved ones and strangers, and how our attitudes and way of living can and should encourage ...more
Beth Midgley
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this Little Love That Could book! This book is filled with personality and warmth, set in a conversational tone. You feel as if you are almost eaves-dropping on an inside chat between friends as they sit by the fire and hear them share something funny or interesting that happened that day.

How the author could paint a picture with words is just amazing. You felt you were right along there with her feeling your blackened feet against the hot gritty gravel in the driveway with the “chi, ch
Ceitci Demirkova
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly captivating, The Little Love That Could is filled with inspirational stories, and thought provoking and faith-filled messages written in the most unique and transparent style. Author Pamela Capone takes us on a journey through her life, giving us a front-row seat to her best memories, painful diffi- culties, and aha moments, causing fresh hope to rise within a reader’s heart. Her positive outlook on life, mixed with a sense of humor, makes each chapter easy to read and relate to in a ...more
Sean
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazingly, after writing I Punched Myself in the Eye, Pamela Capone still has more humorous and profound wisdom to share with the world. That’s what The Little Love That Could is for.

In this potent work, Capone starts off by sharing some intimate stories from her barefoot childhood. Drawing upon the insights gained from the senior citizens with whom she visits regularly, philo- sophical giants such as Victor Frankl, passages from the Bible, and especially her own life experience, she shares her
Vicki
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had the opportunity to read an advanced Reader copy for my unbiased and professional opinion. Wow!
I love Pamela Capone’s writing. . . . I literally laughed out loud in several of the chapters. Not just smiled and silently giggled, but a hearty, make-some- noise laugh. Those moments are coupled with moments of introspection and inspiration. I love Capone’s transformation of the term ‘stranger’ to ‘the Unmet,’ leaving the potential for a future friendship. Ideas like that are offered with insigh
Cheryl Du Val-Potter
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Little Love That Could by Pamela Capone is an amazing book of beautiful stories that are written from the heart with extraordinary love. She has a real gift for telling stories that brought out the laughter, humor, tears, and even empathy [toward] my own self. This is such a beautiful, feel-good book as Capone shares her journey of the experiences she has had with family and friendships. The Little Love That Could will make anyone feel the power of love. I received an advanced copy of the bo ...more
Jamie Randy
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Little Love That Could provides snapshots of Pamela Capone’s life where she finds love, forgiveness, and redemption. Her ‘ragamuffin’ origin allows her to connect to the hearts of those around her, including hundreds of little Guatemalan IMA girls. Capone shows that despite our differences, there are some things that transcend language, culture, and age. Her words inspire us to see the God-given treasures that are all around us.

—Jamie Randy, president, International Medical Assistance (IMA)

I
Nancy Revis
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book. I couldn't wait to read it. Her last book, 'I punched myself in the eye' was so fun to read that I couldn't put it down. Her life lessons in love and way of writing makes me feel like I am in her head. If you have the urge to buy this book, don't fight it. This book will make your heart grow three sizes bigger. I hope I get to meet Pamela at a book signing someday to let her know how much she has changed my view on life. I read an advanced reader copy for my honest r ...more
Lyn
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic book! Filled with little notes of love. A variety of topics all centering around - you guessed it --love. The perfect gift for a friend, a shower present, or yourself! Plan to stop and read a few stories, then put the book aside. Come back later for more encouragement and love. Take you time and savor! Enjoy! NetGalley and provided an advanced review copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!
Rebecca D
Feb 20, 2019 rated it liked it
The Little Love That Could is full of short snappy musings of the authors reflections on love. All kids of love! From our relationships with our friends, families, and other loved ones these glimpses into the author’s life are relatable.

While the stories do not to tie together to create a plot, they will each bring you a little glimmer of happiness and hope. I think this is something you can keep on hand and read in doses as you need them. Almost a modern Chicken Soup for the Soul.
Molly
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: faith and humor fans
Recommended to Molly by: Booksprout
when I was in college, and I became a new Christian, there was a daily devotional that either followed a bible verse or a theme.

This book reminds me of that - a collection of wisdom nuggets, bits of humor, odd touches of faith, and various sized lumps of humility thrown in.

great for a study group or devotionals.

Jamie Johnson
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
God smiled on Pam in her pajammies and kissed her head of blond ringlets to send her into the world to write stories to nudge us to be a little better as we laugh, cry and HOPE! I was lucky enough to read an advance reader view of this amazing book before its release and so thoroughly enjoyed it that I wanted to leave my own review here.
Lydia Furnari
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pam has a special writing talent. I immensely enjoyed reading her latest book. I felt like we were sitting together having coffee and chatting.
I look forward to reading any future books she will write. I also like the way she brings in scripture. Love that!
I read an advanced reader copy for my honest review.
Jim McNeff
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had the opportunity read an advanced copy for my honest review. Capone never fails to "deliver the goods." She inspires and makes me laugh like few others. Job well done!

—Jim McNeff, police lieutenant (ret.); author; partner and managing editor, Law Enforcement Today
Karyn Martorana
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cristie Underwood
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
The author's search for love, forgiveness and redemption were beautifully captured in the stories of this memoir. I love how she proved that little interactions could have major impacts on our lives.
Shawn
Mar 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet. I want to hang out with Inez.
Kprsmommsn.Com
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. With Pam Capone's vivid descriptions, I felt like I was standing beside her. A Delightful Must Read!
Kim Towle
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cannot put Pam Capone’s books down. She did it again with The Little Love that Could. Can’t stop reading and laughing. She keeps you thinking about your own life each day. Well done Pam!
Amy
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pamela Capone has done it again... and most can’t even do it once. Her ability to relate and move the audience with humor and depth is truly a gift and so is she.
Lucy DeCaro
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another home run for author Pamela Capone. If you liked I Punched Myself in the Eye, you are going to love The Little Love That Could. With her unique humor and charm, Capone takes us along on her journey in a most delightful way. From the streets of Italy to a storm shelter in Texas to running through the streets of Riverbank, her stories are so vivid that you will see them unfold before you. Told in a way that only Capone can, she makes each story come alive. You will love this heartwarming bo ...more
John A
Jan 13, 2019
Catherine Towell
Mar 15, 2019
Sandy
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
‘The Little Love That Could’ title harkens back to the children’s book, ‘The Little Engine That Could’ and is so fitting for this wonderfully entertaining, sweet and introspective little book about big love that shows up in everyday scenarios. A series of short stories that stir your heart and make you smile, and may bring a tear at times, about some everyday happenings and other sweet memories. Pam Capone has a unique and introspective way to see the world and its’ occurrences, big and small, t ...more
Keryn
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I flat-out loved it! Pamela Capone is an incredibly gifted writer. She draws you into her colorful world and takes you along this beautiful journey filled with stories and observations that create meaningful moments that matter. She truly touched my soul! I read an advanced reader copy for my review.

—Keryn Douglass
Kelly Gerber
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As always, Pamela Capone writes with inspiration! Her wit and Candor are to be applauded.
Rebecca Ambrose
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it
The format of the book takes a little getting used to, but once you realise that the short, snappy chapters which have no discernable timeline are reflective of the way one's own musings on a theme (in this case being the theme of Love) can go from thought to thought naturally if not in a linear fashion, then it makes this book easier to grasp and read.

There are some wonderful observations which will resonate with readers but also some thoughts which go off on too much of a tangent from what the
Jeff
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pamela Capone’s writing is brilliant, hilarious, self-deprecating, and wise. This delightful book is filled with vulnerability and courage and deep joy.

—Jeff Tacklind, pastor of Little Church by the Sea (Laguna Beach, CA); author of The Winding Path of Transformation

I read an advanced reader copy for my honest and personal review.
Tiffany Turner
Feb 27, 2019
Debra
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
The cover caught my attention,it's not what I thought it was..You can pick this book up and read a few chapters whenever you need a little uplifting story.Take it with you to your kid's hockey practice when you only have an hour to sit and read something fast.A friend told me to put in a request for this book,and I'm glad I did.