Start by marking “Ear Candy (Charitable Endeavors, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ear Candy (Charitable Endeavors, #2)

Ear Candy

(Charitable Endeavors #2)

He’s the plot twist she didn’t hear coming.

Becoming a book narrator was never my goal. But if your deep voice tempts romance listeners to swoon and throw their proverbial panties at you, plans change.

When an unexpected chain of events rockets my easy-going and chill life in a completely different direction, I tackle it like I do everything—with humor, wit, and a little bi
195 pages
Published February 8th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Ear Candy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ear Candy

Megan | A Page to Turn
Todd and Donna make me smile - a pair I wouldn't necessarily would of matched, but they are perfectly imperfect! I adore their flirty comments, comical banter, and sweet moments. I think when Todd meets Mr. Tuddles for the first time was one of my favorite moments ever in a book! I just loved his reaction, and it was so true to his character.

Both of these characters drive this story home - it's an unlikely couple, trying to see how things work in the real world. They are both vivacious and fun
Aly
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This right here is THE quintessential romcom! Andrea Johnston and ME Carter are a fantastic writing duo and I can’t wait to read whatever comes next.

Donna is an erotic romance author looking for inspiration. Todd is a real estate mogul with a side job narrating novels for their mutual friend Adeline Snow (of Switch Stance). Both are hilarious, sweet, and witty characters.

This is one of those books that absolutely flies by - perfect for cuddling up on the couch to read in one sitting!
Jaime Reynolds
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story was laugh out funny with witty characters and an addictive storyline. These two authors did a great job with Todd and Donna that I felt as though I was eavesdropping in on their story. I would love to see more of these characters in the future and definitely more collaborations as well. This is one love story that you will not want to miss.
McKinnze
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ear Candy was a pleasant surprise for me. I knew that I would enjoy it, but I didn't expect to love it as much as I did. It's a simple, slow burn romance, but the characters made it a fast paced, fun, and endearing novel.

I came into this book being really excited to see how Donna and Todd's story played out, and ME Carter and Andrea Johnston definitely did it justice. I absolutely loved both characters. Donna was my favorite kind of heroine: a strong, independent and confident female who isn't
Rachael
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I read anything by M.E. Carter or Andrea Johnston, I know I'm going to enjoy it, so for the two of them to join together and write another romcom meant I HAD to read it. I wish I had their writing talent so that I could write a review worthy of their books, specifically "Ear Candy", book 2 of the Charitable Endeavors series. Todd is easily one of my favorite "heroes" EVER written. His humor and sharp, quick wit along with his kindness and generosity make him extremely attractive. He's hyste ...more
Melena Torretta
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arcs
Ear Candy was such a fun read! I love, too, that a portion of the profits from each book in the Charitable Endeavors series goes to a charity.

In the first book in the series we met Donna, a romance author, and Todd, who works in real estate but narrates a friend's audio books on the side. This time they are thrown together when Donna's friend can't make it to their girls weekend which she planned at Todd's cabin. Their mutual friend Aggi was the heroine of the first book in the series.

The plot i
Victoria L. James
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Johnston and Carter have an obvious connection when it comes to writing a story together. Ear Candy flows effortlessly, and I couldn’t tell one author’s writing from the other’s.

What I loved most about this story was the behind the scenes look into the book world. The author signing at the beginning of the book had me in stitches. **insert laughing man face here** Authors, readers, and bloggers galore had me smiling like crazy.

But the biggest star of the show for me was, without a doubt, Todd.
Jaime Reynolds
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Addictive read

Rachel Schneider
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh man!! Did I enjoy this one!! The quick banter and funny lines made this read smooth and enjoyable. I adore Todd. He is BEYOND funny. His whole good natured heart was swoon worthy. Seeing how he wasn’t boost full at all his success made his character that much more love-able!
And Donna. Well she’s a knock out. Being so bold in her career moves and going straight for what she wanted with Todd. Just LOVED!!!
I really liked the way these two authors gave us insight into an author’s life. Seeing t
Andrea Guy
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Andrea Johnston is the reason I started reading romance again after a long slump.

Why?

Because her characters are real. B

By the time you finish reading the book, you'll feel like every character is a good friend.

This series, that she co-authors with M.E. Carter is beyond fabulous.

If you are a lover of romance novels, you can't let this book pass you by, or Switch Stance for that matter. Its a romance with a little peek inside the writing world.

This is Donna's story. Donna writes hot erotic romance
Joy Novel Thoughts
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness. Ear Candy was so freaking delightful, a friends to lovers romance that will have you grinning from ear to ear and laughing out loud, literally.

After reading Switch Stance last year I was begging for this story. I just knew that Todd and Donna were meant to be, destined, star-crossed lovers (not really, but go with it), they were peanut butter and jelly. They were obviously each others lobsters and I needed their story more than anything.

After months of waiting, Andrea Johnston an
Miranda Knight
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks for Andrea Johnston for an ARC of this book. As the norm, it doesn't disappoint. I laughed so hard my sides hurt. The things Todd said and wore...completely hilarious. The pineapple and jingle balls t-shirts are hilarious.

Donna Moreno was a lawyer until she left it to be an erotic romance writer full time. Now at the ripe age of thirty she is ready to find her "one" complete with a list of characteristics. She vents these frustrations to fellow author Aggi or as the world knows her Adeli
Kayla Busch
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a feel good romance! I really enjoyed every second of Donna and Todd's story. This story is a classic opposites attract romance. You have Donna, who is a romance writer and loves the finer things in life and then you have Todd, who is a business owner and loves the simple life and helping those in need. On paper you would think these two have nothing in common but as they spend more time together, they develop a bond and it quickly turns into an attraction that neither of them can i ...more
Mary Kazen *Rabid Readers Book Blog*
Another great release from these two talented authors! If you loved Switched Stance, you will fall so hard for Ear Candy. We originally met Donna, an erotica author, and Todd, the goofy man starting to dive into being an audio narrative, as Aggi's close friends. Well now we have a story staring them. They start off as just knowing each other through Aggi. Then they get stuck in a cabin, I mean chalet, together for a night and sparks start. Even if they can't see it. Side note, that is my favorit ...more
Debbie
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Todd & Donna might be my favorite book couple ever!

She's a beauty in stilletos & pencil skirts who writes erotica, but at home she wears comfy clothes, a bun and has the strangest looking cat. He's a quirky real estate mogul by day who voices audio books for his friend in his closet at night.

Unlikely? YES! Perfect together? Also yes.

I loved Donna's dating chronicles with alpha males. Todd's quirky clothing and his humor make you instantly love him. And then you find out the story behind
Danielle R (Spellbound Stories)
Andrea Johnston and M.E. Carter followed up Switch Stance with another outstanding story. Ear Candy is the sweet, sexy funromance you're looking for! I smiled repeated reading Todd and Donna’s banter as it was comical but also paired well with sweet and flirty moments. Ear Candy is dual pov and easy to jump into. The story moves along fast and before you know it you’ve read all the way through to The End and I have to say this was a wonderful way to spend a few hours. The romance was easy and fu ...more
Melody Grabeel
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Donna Moreno, best-selling romance author is struggling. If her love life was as successful as her author life, she would be happy. Finding the right man to check all the boxes has left her very skeptical that any true happiness might eventually find its way to her.

Todd Chimolski lives a simplistic, conservative life. Helping his best friend Adeline Snow has catapulted him into a life he hadn’t expected. Being attracted to a gorgeous woman isn’t doing him any good, she’s far out of his league.

Th
Ankita Kaul
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

I love this book! I love Todd! And I need to learn how to whistle. I had enjoyed switch stance so much, so it’s not really surprising that the second book in the series is sheer brilliance, but it is very unexpected in the best possible way. A hero who is kinda normal, but also totally weird, whose inner thoughts are totally relatable and zany, and a heroine who is dynamic and cool and confused but not ditsy. Everything from the characters to the writing to the cat .. it’s all so well p
Elita Hooper
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ear Candy

OMG....this book was a great sweet read it was so easy to read it flowed well.
I enjoyed reading this book I can’t say I loved it I found it to be a great read that I would read on vacation while laying around a pool(summer here in Australia).

I did like Todd and Donna’s banter it was refreshing and I had a giggle a few time at the way they poked at each other over things. Todd seemed to always show up when Donna was trying to make her self look beautiful....which she did not need to do.

T
Colette Kishbaugh
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh y'all, I loved this book! This story had really great characters, Donna who is an erotica romance author who is looking to branch out into other genres, and then quirky Todd who wears goofy tshirts and just says the craziest things. They seem like two people who wouldn't fit together, but as you learn more about them, they just seem perfect together.

The story was great, the suspense kept me reading, Todd and Donna are really relatable and likable. I wad rooting for them. Plus Todd an
Lora Edwards
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book, Adeline Snow is one of my all time favorite characters because she is real clumsy and awkward. This book this topped the first one for me. Todd is my absolute favorite I could read about Todd for years the shirts, the humor the just down to earth dude. It was just everything. I loved loved it. I can't wait to see the next in this series. And the fact that these authors donate to charity just shows that they are not only very talented but ladies with good hearts.
Grisel Arteaga
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The quick banter and funny lines made this book so easy to read. I love Todd. He is so funny. He is such a good guy with a great heart. Seeing how he wasn’t cocky at all his success made his character that much more lovable!
And Donna. Well she’s a knock out. Being so bold in her career moves and going straight for what she wanted with Todd. She is awesome!
An all around great read!!
Heather
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I loved getting to know Donna. She peaked my interest in Switch Stance as one of Adeline's author friends. A retreat to the cold mountains are just what Donna needs to get her creative juices flowing. Little did she know she'd get to know Todd better. Todd is the quirky best friend who wears weird shirts. Who knew there were so many layers to him.
I loved Ear Candy and the way the story flows. I wanted to know more once I finished the book.
JoAnne
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A romantic comedy that I found hard to put down till finish. This laugh out loud story is full of hilarous banter and antics that kept me in stitches throughout the whole book. I fell in love with the realistic and interesting characters and their story - a story I totally became immersed in and thoroughly enjoyed reading. Definitely recommend.
Shannon
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Donna and Todd are perfect for each other.

I love how self-assured Donna is with the knowledge she’s shallow and vain. But is she really?
Todd is just the right combination of quirky and righteous. He has a style all his own, but for reasons you’d think.

They both have beautiful hearts that knew each other instantly. While the brain takes its time to figure out what the heart already knows, these two have lots of fun and some ups and downs.

Grab this book today! For a bit of background on Aggie/
Renee
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Todd and Donna’s story was such a fun read. The witty banter had me chuckling out loud. Todd’s character is endearing and you can’t help but fall for him. The low angst made this a relaxing read. M.E. and Andrea’s style keeps the story flowing smoothly. Can’t wait to see what they bring us next in the Charitable Endeavors books!
Melissa
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved loved loved it! Todd steals the show. His humor, quick wit, and self deprecation are hilarious. I love how his personality shined through and that put what he called "a face for radio" out of mind. Ive always felt a crummy ego/personality can make the hottest guy unappealing. This is a very sweet read and I completely fell for Todd right along with Donna. 5++++++stars!!!!!
Dawn
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Where do I begin with this? This book had me giggle snorting from the first chapter to the last. I loved the characters in this book. Todd.....Todd....Todd. He's down-to-earth, hilarious, fluent in the bird language of love and homies with a hairless feline. He's the ultimate package. Donna is his perfect match, even if she doesn't realize it. I don't think words can express how well Andrea Johnston and ME Carter have woven this story. If I had my way, I would definitely give this story 10 stars ...more
Andrea Britton
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story! I loved these two characters so much.

Donna and Todd were so damn cute. Todd was a hoot and I loved that he wasn’t a model type so to say and that even though he was a businessman he wasn’t a suit. He was funny and so down to earth and sensitive. Watching these two fall was so amazing. I loved the story line.

This is the second book I’ve read with these two authors and I can’t wait for more from them.

Highly recommended.
Samantha
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved loved loved this, Andrea Johnston and M.E Carter are amazing.
This romantic comedy, was hard to put down, the banter between the characters and the antics had me laughing. It's a must read, you won't be disappointed in this story. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us next.
« previous 1 3 next »

Charitable Endeavors (3 books)
  • Switch Stance (Charitable Endeavors, #1)
  • Model Behavior (Charitable Endeavors, #3)