Start by marking “Would Be King” as Want to Read:
Would Be King

Would Be King

A dare turns into so much more…

All I want to do is get to work on time.
But a Prince Harry look-a-like is trying to steal my cab,
and that’s not going to happen.

In the midst of the battle,
I discover I lost my wallet.
So I bargain—a free ride for a kiss.

His lips taste like mint, and when he tugs me closer,
I can feel the hard muscles beneath his expensive suit.

The kiss ends
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: February 27th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Would Be King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Would Be King

✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
👑💜👑💜👑💜👑💜👑💜👑💜👑

description

Gigi just moved to Manhattan three weeks ago. She wasn't going to find her dream fashion job back home in Texas.

It's hard living in this city, but today's the day her dreams might finally come true. She just has to be on time for this job ... but this horrible but very sexy Prince Harry lookalike just hijacked her cab!!!

LOL!

Of course we can guess that they're going to the same place .... and ... since the blurb already told us - he's her new boss. But that's obviously not the only t
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

It is always a good day when a new Kim Karr story turns up on your kindle.

And a story with a ginger Prince - hells yeah!

I didn't even read the blurb before diving into this book, as I knew that after reading Washed Up Royal, I would be reading the rest of this series.

This book has a bit of a Harry/Meghan feel about it. The prince. The American commoner.

I love their banter, the push/pull between them as they try to deny their attraction and feelings for each other
Isha Coleman
Shelves: first-reads
Karr dares readers to lend her our hearts and we willing accept. Max and Gigi are a heavenly mismatch. Off on her first big adventure, Gigi finds one bigger than she ever could have dreamed. What's a country girl to do, when she comes across her very own Prince Charming in the flesh? Would Be King is a swoon-fest. When fantasy and reality meet, there are no words to describe how wild the ride can be.
Rebecca
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beta Read! MAX IS MINE!!!
Kim
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5+ stars
Prince Maximus Napoleon Montgomery has been released from his betrothal contract to his best friend, Victoria, so has been sowing some wild oats. So much so that he has created a bit of a media scandal and the King and Queen are determined to bring him to heel...shipping him off to Newport did not help, and now he finds himself trying to stay out of trouble in New York, while also trying to avoid another arranged marriage.

Gigi Gatsby was just excited about getting a job in the fashion
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
4.5 stars!!! Awe this book was super cute! It had such a light feel good flow to it! I loved Kim’s writing and story flow in this book!
Gigi grew up in Texas. She has adopted a love of fashion because it is something her mother loved and felt it was her way of being close to her. I loved her naivety, it worked well for the storyline.
Then you have Max, his life has always been determined for him. He is in New York to work to get his head in straight. He had every intention on staying off the rad
Tahreemah
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
* A review copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. *

~ 5 Sunshine Stars ~

Well Kim Karr has done it again, she has me hooked on her newest series. Got love reading about Royalty!!

Would Be King is the second book in her Unknown Royals Series. This is a standalone novel and can be read that way. You don’t have to read Washed Up Royal before enjoying this book. But once you have read this book you will want to read all the books in this series. This book is told in Dual P
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gigi Gatsby left Texas and headed for Manhattan with visions of a flourishing fashion career in her eyes. But once she arrives in the big city she realizes she has a long way to go to make her dream happen, everything is more expensive than she planned, and finding her dream job is taking longer than expected. When she gets a unexpected call telling her that they have a job for her, she is beyond excited to get started, but the morning of her first day she wakes up with a bad case of unfortunate ...more
Johnaka
Would be King by Kim Karr
“The Royal and the Commoner, 5 stars”

Max has had his life planned out for him since birth but recently broke away from those ties. He may have or may not have gone a little wild. But you know what, most guys sow their oats when they are young, but he never got the chance and with being Royal he was held to a higher standard. But now its time to get back on track. Then he meets Gigi. He pretty much knows right away that she’s going to play a big part in his life, the only
Angel
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A non spoiler review......

Explosive and downright sinful!

Social media scandals all around and I love it!
This book couldn’t be more realistic if it hit you in the head!
I’m telling you Kim has done something here that will pull you in and make you want to log on your twitter and gossip gossip gossip! Seriously it feels so real! I’m so in love with these stories. Even though I don’t understand much about the whole palace thing I can’t help but want to be a part of it all.

Prince Max and Gigi stea
Eileen Robinson
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
I loved the first book in this series, Washed Up Prince and then this happened .....

Well Hello Hot Prince Maximus Napoleon Montgomery !!!!
I loved this book and the humour from beginning to end. Drenched and soaking Gigi Gatsby jumps into a taxi only to find it also occupied with a devastatingly hot gorgeous but obnoxious man. But she's desperate to get to start her first day of her new job on time so agree's to share the cab. The banter of this journey alone had me hooked on this couple. Of cou
Beyond The Covers Blog
Shelves: celeste
There are a few things I truly love to read about, and a good Royal story is one of them.  Would be Kingby Kim Karr has to be at the top of my royal reading list and I highly recommend it.  With a dirty talking Prince Harry look-a-like that needs to clean up his act this book has it all; naughty sex, drama, life-threatening action, backstabbing, and of course romance and LOVE.  Would be King is a stand-alone book that is part of the Unknown Royals Series and is also a 5-karat crown jewel.

Gigi G
Heather Whitaker
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Max, Max, Max what am I going to do with you??? I know what I would like to do. Lol. I really enjoyed this book and will definitely look into reading more of this author's work.

Prince Max was released from his betrothed and friend Victoria and decided to sow some of his wild oats. As you will read he did A LOT of sowing. He has always had his life planned out for him, and in true rebel fashion decided it is not what he wants. Enter the beautiful vivacious Gigi. Gigi is a Texas girl who moved to
Sharon Jones
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The similarities between Max and the real life Prince Harry pretty much end with their hair colour. Max is out there. He is bold, brash and isn't afraid for the world to see him as a real person. Within reason of course. He does respect the sovereignty of Casanovia.
As much as I loved Max, I absolutely adored Gigi. She is such a fantastically written heroine. My heart broke for her severa
Mel Allen
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s always a pleasure to read a book by Kim Karr and this book Would Be King was amazing, The Unknown Royals Series. I love we still hear about characters from the other books but find new characters to intrigue us too. This story is about Prince Maximus and Gigi. A fairy tale romantic story with all the every day troubles that true love encounters. Will Maximus and Gigi get there happily ever after. I look forward to each book from Kim Karr most books I read in one sitting there just that good ...more
Kelly Williams
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I loved this one. A book version of Prince Harry and Megan. Gigi moves to NYC and who ends up being her boss..... Prince Maximus Napoleon Montgomery. I loved them together. I love a good office romance and this one didn't disappoint!!! Great storyline with tons of romance, humor, steaminess and easy plot to follow!!! Definitely recommend!!!
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
An adorable read. Max and Gigi instantly fall for each other in the back of a cab. But can a love affair survive when it is based on lies? When Gigi finally finds out that Max is royalty and by the way betrothed to another all hell breaks loose. Can the hearts true love make it in the end? Great characters and another great read in the Royal series.
Becky
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
Everyone loves a good prince story, right?

Gigi meets Max in a taxi cab and shares a steamy kiss. She runs away, only to discover he is her new boss at her new job. Despite the NDA and the rules against fraternizing, she quickly is engaged in a hot, sexy affair.

She quickly learns he is a prince and she knows they can't stay together. Will love be enough?

Great read!
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
Another great book from Kim, this one was awesome. Max and Gigi had chemistry from the word go. It didn't take them long to banter back and forth with each other and those were some funny moments. The heat between them just couldn't be denied. After spending 48 hours together will they realize their feelings or will all the outside distraction get in the way of their happiness? This is definitley a must read and I look forward to the next one.
Heather andrews
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Max is just a charmer, “are you asking me if I’m going to eff you even though you work for me and it’s against policy?” Max just has a way with words, “it’s not a date,” I tell her very matter of fact. “It’s a effing session followed by a quick bite to eat, so it doesn’t matter what you’re wearing, it’s only coming off.” I liked this book, I loved Max.
Celeste
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
see full review at Beyond the Covers Blog on Goodreads and check us out on FaceBook
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"I devoured this book. Usually I am not a fan of royal romances, but I think Kim Karr has just changed my mind.
Saira Moodley (BookedMercy)
Andrea Britton
Aggie
Julie
Jan 14, 2019
Reader * Chocolate Lover * Writer * Coffee Lover * Romantic * Beach Lover * Yoga Beginner

Kim Karr is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of eighteen novels. Best known for writing sexy contemporary love stories, she enjoys bringing flawed characters to life.

Her romances are raw, real, and explosive.
Her characters will make you laugh, make you cry, make you feel.
And her happily-ever