Start by marking “This Happened to Jessica (Secrets of Redemption #2)” as Want to Read:
This Happened to Jessica (Secrets of Redemption #2)

This Happened to Jessica

(Secrets of Redemption #2)

How many more are going to die because you refuse to remember?

Becca would like nothing better than to put the past behind her and focus on making Redemption her home. But what do you do when the past refuses to stay buried?

Becca still can't remember the night sixteen-year-old Jessica disappeared from a party, never to be seen again. Which is bad enough (especially sinc
Published December 30th 2018 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about This Happened to Jessica, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Happened to Jessica

Start your review of This Happened to Jessica (Secrets of Redemption #2)
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

The best way to describe her was round—round face, round glasses, round bosom , round belly. Her silver-grey hair was cut short, and it “poofed” around her face like a dandelion gone to seed. She looked like a stereotypical grandmother, except for her sharp eyes, which peered out at me from behind black-rimmed frames. She smelled like a combination of mothballs and chamomile.

I had found some of Aunt Charlie's bags she had custom made to package her teas and tinctures. Across one
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
It Grabbed My attention and focus so strong I could not put it down. A word of advice when you get your copy. Grab a snack, a comfy seat, kick back and relax. You will not be moving until you finish this bad boy here. Remarkable job. Thanks for sharing.
Jeanine
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is just as good as the first one!
BlueSeal
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can’t believe that that it has been two months since I read and reviewed Michele Pariza Wacek’s (Michele PW) “It Began With A Lie.” Like I said in my last review, this is not my typical genre but this series had me hooked since I read the description. “It Began With A Lie” was not a cliff hanger but it definitely left me with a lot of unanswered questions! “This Happened to Jessica” is the second book in Michele PW’s Secrets of Redemption Series and you will want to read “It Began With a Lie” ...more
Katherine Yearwood
If you love to submerge yourself in a good mystery than the 2nd installment to Michele PW new series Secrets of Redemption titled This Happened to Jessica will be the book for you. This story Just like its predecessor takes us into the mystery of what happened to Jessica that night 12 years ago. But where It Began With A Life, left us with the burning needing to know what transpired that night that left one girl missing and another forgetting the details all these years. This Happened to Jessic ...more
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
**You must read the first book in this series! This is not a stand alone.**

Once again I was hooked by this book, after finishing book 1 I immediately started this one and I could not put it down. They mystery surround Jessica's disappearance and Becca's memories slowly returning keep me reading in the wee small hours of the night!

After the chaos that ensued towards the end of book 1, Becca is home, her husband is in jail and her stepdaughter Chrissie is in foster care. Yeah you REALLY need to re
Nancy Reynolds
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2nd book in this trilogy. I read the first book and was able to immediately start on the second - and couldn'g put it down. Loved it. I love the way the author was able to present an entire mystery and solve it - and yet set up to for the third book. I was feeling nervous and on edge by the storyline - and glad to have this particular mystery settled. But so ready to read the third book and get answers to questions still set before the reader. Luckily I have the third book so I can get started r ...more
Kathi Hoops
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book can hardly wait for book three!

Love the book keeps you guessing! Hope book goes up all the loose ends ! You start this and you will not want to put it down! Hey sleep is over rated anyway .
Rose Hefty
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Great Second Book in Series

This Happened to Jessica follows up on the underlying storyline in book one of this series. If you didn't read book one, I highly suggest it as it is really tantalizing but not necessary as this book can stand alone on it's own.
Sue Wallace
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This happened to Jessica by Michelle P.W.
A fantastic read. This is book 2 and we find out what happened to Jessica. It wasn't who I thought it was. I was surprised with who it was. Becca is still my favourite character. Cant wait for book 3. 5*.
Jennifer Pierson
This Happened to Jessica is the second book in the Secrets of Redemption series, so you really MUST READ It Began With a Lie (Book 1) FIRST, since this story takes place afterwards. I loved the first book, but I think that I'm going have to go with this one being my favorite. See, Becca is trying to put her life back together after all the chaos of her husband's actions, and try to make Redemption her home. But now there's new things from her past trying to come out, like the night she threw a p ...more
Heather Martin
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.**

This Happened to Jessica is book two in the Secrets of Redemption series. This series MUST be read in order. This book is NOT a standalone. Seriously, read the first book before you read this one. It’s a fantastic book so you don’t want to miss it!

When I read the first book I struggled with liking Rebecca and I can’t say that opinion has changed a lot in this book. She h
Book-Lover Book Blog
As with the first book in this series, it was exceptional, gripping, heart-racing and dramatic. It's many twists and turns really keep the reader guessing and hooked.

The characters were fabulous, as with the previous book. I certainly didn't see the ending coming. My guesses in my head were totally off the playing field so I was left shocked and reeling at the revelations. I still really love the main character, Rebecca, though in this book, she shined in a different way.

The storyline picks up
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic
Kept my interest

This will definitely keep you interest. After reading book 1, you're left asking the question everybody is curious to know, What happened to Jessica? Well wonder no more because you finally find out. I was a little disappointed with the reason. I was expecting something totally different. It didn't seem like the reason was good enough for the supernatural storyline. Now I'm left to wonder, what connection all the other "stuff" that was happening had with the focus of the story. I
Michelle
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it

Overall. The main character seemed to move through her life in a fog, and portions were really grating when she would do things like keep drinking while saying maybe she shouldn’t, she would get clues but not act on them. Ok, so I did not like the main character, but I did want to find out what was going on. The rest of the story was nice, the plot, her friends, even the cat. It was just that main character....I was just irritated with her for the entire book, so it made the whole book
Erika Sobin
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What happened to Jessica?

I thought I enjoyed the first book in this series a lot (It Began With A Lie), but this one was even better! I don’t usually read books with paranormal occurrences, but this series just tickles the edges of paranormal, while making you believe that anything can be possible. I’m ready for the next in the series!
Mickey Noel
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written and captivating!

Book 2 is even better than the first book of this series! I love the characters, the plot is cleverly developed, and the suspense is addictive. There is no graphic sex or violence, so I can recommend this book to most anyone. Well done, and on to the next in series.
Lynn
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked it

The story is well written and book 2 did wrap up most of what started in book 1. The supernatural element is still a bit wonky but there's enough reality to make up for it. I'm glad I gave the 2nd book a chance.
Ruth King
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Redemption

Spirits, a black cat, and murder make this novel hard to put down! Jessica and her friends try to figure out what happened to their missing friend when they were in high school.
Emilie Davis
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great entry in the series!

A mystery within a mystery! Michele PW writes a mean book!! The twists and turns sometimes will make you dizzy! One of the mysteries was solved, but there is still the other one. I am looking forward to the next one.
Jaymi The OC Book Girl

Becca is still living in Redemption and trying to decide what she wants to do next. She's single now and living in Aunt Charlie's house. Her stepdaughter is living with a foster family and a pushy neighbor is demanding that Becca take up her aunt's old business.
The weirdness begins when that neighbor turns up dead and just like with Jessica, Becca is the last person to have seen her alive.
Becca's cousin CB shows up again along with Mia and Daphne and the whole gang. Daniel and his fiancé have ...more
karin whitehead
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read. Enjoyed this story. Well developed characters, good story line. A writer to watch!
Chandru CS
Good

You should come up and see how you feel that they up up with me?the first place you have any plans
Nicola
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book more than the first. And I’m so pleased to know that there is a book 3 which I’ve just downloaded.

Amazing storyline that I love.
Mickie Danner
it was ok--I really wanted the main character to move along--she seemed stuck for many years--& now on to a 3rd book ...more
Lanai Dameron
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sooo Goooood

Becca is so wonderful. I love the story between her and Chrissy. I love the opportunities blossoming in Redemption. I love how the mystery unfolded.
Mary Kirby
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book

Very good book. Lots of plot twist and turns. Very interesting. Can’t wait to read the next book in the series.
Jane
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-on-kindle, 2020
Good 2nd book in the Redemption series. Less focus on the ghosts and finally tells what happened to Jessica.
Cheryl
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Something tells me....

There’s more to what happened to Jessica. Possibly the answer will be in book 3. Becca has grown up in book 2.
Amy Pitts
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series just keeps getting better! The more I read, the more I HAVE to know. This book takes you on a journey from past to present that keeps you on the edge to the very end. The mixture of natural and supernatural forces keeps you guessing as to who, or what, is the real enemy. I cannot wait for the next book and to find out the source of the evil that plagues this quiet town.

• She's Missing
  • Sins of the Child
  • Cold Bath Lane (McBride Vendetta #3)
  • Smoke and Mirrors (Sloane Monroe, #8)
  • Wrath of the Sister
  • The Silent Daughter
  • The Perfect Family
  • The Opposite of Dark (Casey Holland Mysteries, #1)
  • Stolen Son
  • Chloe - Lost Girl (Carl Sant Murder Mysteries, #1)
  • Consumed (Agent Hank Rawlings, #2)
  • Pretty Little Girls (An Agent Victoria Heslin Thriller, #2)
  • What She Forgot
  • Tuesday's Child
  • Doppelgänger
  • K.A.R.M.A
  • Her Darkest Hour (Rosemary Run #4)
  • Stranger in the Woods

Secrets of Redemption (3 books)
  • It Began With a Lie (Secrets of Redemption #1)
  • The Evil That Was Done (Secrets of Redemption, #3)