Start by marking “Singapore Fling (Carpe Diem Chronicles 2)” as Want to Read:
Singapore Fling (Carpe Diem Chronicles 2)

Singapore Fling

(Carpe Diem Chronicles #2)

Their one torrid weekend tryst is not nearly enough. They want more.

French-Filipina beauty Maddie Duvall should be living it up at her challenging new job in glamorous Singapore. But two months after her wild weekend with US Air Force officer Aidan Ryan, she’s still yearning for him. She craves the passion only he can ignite in her.

Aidan’s job takes him around the world

Published October 21st 2019 by EOT Publications

To ask other readers questions about Singapore Fling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Singapore Fling

Start your review of Singapore Fling (Carpe Diem Chronicles 2)
Julie
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Singapore Fling by Maida Malby is a 2019 EOT publication.

Exotic locations, high drama, intrigue and sizzling hot romance!

Maddie is enjoying every minute of her life in Singapore, while working in a public relations firm. However, she is having trouble getting Aidan, her best friend’s future brother-in-law, out her mind. She hasn’t seen him in the couple of months since they shared a romantic interlude.

However, when Aidan shows up in Singapore, the sparks reignite, big time, spawning a super in
Maida
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Don't tell Krista and Blake but Maddie and Aidan are my favorite characters so far. I guess because there's a lot more of me in Maddie and my husband B in Aidan. Of course, they quickly came into their own as I progressed into writing this book. They're both alphas and I love them for that.

As with Boracay Vows, Singapore Fling features plenty of mouthwatering food. My advice is to read it with a full stomach or while eating madeleines or kaya toast paired with black coffee.

Some of the best yea
Christena
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Story that Touches Your Senses – My Book Review

“You’re the only one who has the power to break my heart and put it back together again, as you just did.”

Talk about a book that can literally touch nearly all of your five senses from the foods mentioned to the sights and sounds of a life in Singapore to lovemaking - Singapore Fling is that immersive book.

Maida Malby has a way of writing that makes you savor every moment from the food, to the dragon races, to the love-making. While this is a shor
Saynab
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book
Catherine Stein
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maida does such a great job painting a picture with her words of the food, clothing, and locations of the world her characters inhabit. This second full-length volume in her Carpe Diem Chronicles is sexy, quick to read, and full of well-rounded, interesting characters. Family ties and female friendship add to the depth of the world and make you want more books.
Gena
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am a lucky beta reader for Maida Malby and received an advance copy of her new book, Singapore Fling, out October 21! It is another one of her Carpe Diem Chronicles, and it was wonderful! Aidan is a sexy alpha airman, assigned to the American Embassy in Singapore and tasked with…espionage!! His lady, Maddie, is half Filipina and half French, a former model and now top Public Relations consultant, also assigned to Singapore. They agree to a “fling” during their assignments, no strings attached, ...more
Danielle
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
This book was great. Everything from the well rounded characters to the interesting foods and exciting locale drew me in as a reader. I could clearly picture, hear, and smell/taste the story. The plot was perfect and the romance had just the right amount of intrigue and crisis. This is the first book I’ve read by this author but I’d definitely be willing to read more of her excellent writing!
Sue
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We first met Maddie and Aidan in Boracay Vows and in Singapore Fling they decided to continue their affair which turns into a relationship. Aidan works for the American government and his job is very secretive which spills over into his private life. When the case he’s working on involves Maddie can their new found love survive? Singapore Fling is a page turner and Maida does a wonderful job describing the scenes and the food-oh my! I cannot stress how much I loved this story-I actually bought t ...more
Lorilei Gonzales
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I always feel a tingle when I read something written by a fellow Filipina, but Singapore Fling gave me all kinds of feels because the main character is a mestiza who is very proud of her roots. Up until this point, I have only read one other book where the main character is Filipino. To be completely honest, I wasn’t sure what Madeleine’s ethnic makeup was until several chapters into the book because I refused to read the synopsis. (That’s been my habit lately since I sometimes find that the per ...more
Loves Romance
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
One Word: Hot

Not only is the cover of this novel stunning, but the first paragraph of this story was one of the most vivid descriptions I have ever read! I was impressed the way the author intricately intertwined the Malaysian culture throughout the novel and was pleasantly surprised with each chapter introduction featuring a word and it’s Filipino meaning. There is heat between the two main characters – successful, sexy businesswoman Maddie Duvall and hunk of man, Colonel Aidan Ryan and you are
Allegra Johnson
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn't like a good fling, or two? Singapore Fling is a page-turner, can't put down, read in one sitting, sexy love story. It'll leave you hot bother and wanting more, which is not a bad thing.
Ruthie Jones
Singapore Fling by Maida Malby is book 2 in the Carpe Diem Chronicles, but it can still be enjoyed as a standalone. The series covers the three Ryan brothers, with Aiden starring in Singapore Fling. Madeleine (Maddie) Duvall captured Aiden's attention in book 1 (Boracay Vows). They meet again in Singapore, and their relationship quickly becomes red hot. Aiden's brother Blake is marrying Maddie's best friend Krista, and Maddie and Aiden need to work together for the next year as maid of honor and ...more
Courtney
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review originally posted here: https://courtneyreadsromancesite.word...

Having enjoyed book one in the Carpe Diem Chronicles, I made sure I snagged a copy of Singapore Fling recently, when an opportunity presented itself. And once it arrived in the mail, I dove in almost immediately, reveling in all the feels and feeling upset once I reached the final pages and I once again had to say goodbye to this world.
One of Malby's strengths is, of course, her gift with recreating the atmosphere of the plac
Lone Star Literary Life
Featured on Lone Star Book Blog Tours. Lone Star Blogger Team average rating: 4.4. ...more
Sathepine Marco
Singapore delights in a sexy package with a dash of espionage

Another steamy installment from Carpe Diem Chronicles, this time with a Singaporean flair in the form of food and locale. The recipe at the end was a nice touch. I currently live in Singapore and remember being hooked to chicken rice as well when I was still new here. Well, aside from food, we have career woman Maddie and military man Aidan and their sexy romance which may or may not be just a fling ;) Another fun read to spice up the
Nelle Nazario
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: z-read-in-2019
What happens when a fling turns out to be more than you ever hoped? Aiden is one sexy airman with top secret job! I loved the chemistry between Aiden and Maddie! But can their budding relationship survive the secrets?

The descriptions of food , family and local make this the perfect read!

Great multi cultural romance with a touch of suspense!
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, books-to-review
Love is a partnership, not to be dominated by one or the other.  This is the main lesson that Aidan and Maddie struggle to learn in Singapore Fling.

If you are looking for a book full of hot romance, culture, and even some intrigue, this might be the book (and series) you want to pick up for your next read.  I became immersed in this book and enjoyed every moment of the story.  It is definitely sizzling due to the food and the sex scenes but at the same time, both Aidan and Maddie are holding par
Sharon
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Maida Malby fans, contemporary romance fan, beach read, multicultural
When Aidan and Maddie first meet in Boracay Vows, sparks flew. Singapore Fling is back to the heat. I wasn't sure if I would be all in on this plan. I'm usually more of a relationship leads to heat fan than heat first, relationship second. But this really worked for me. We also see that with their actions, both Aidan and Maddie had not only insta-passion, but also the beginnings of insta-love, and they just don't know it yet. I love two passionate people who learn how to make a relationship. No ...more
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: military
Singapore Fling is a first for me to read by this author.
From previous reviews and from the synopsis of the book the author is known for extensive details that gives the reader a more in depth idea of the Southeast Asian islands culture. However, for me, I honestly felt it was just a bit too much crammed into this book. I felt I would be reading and finally get to the point where I was getting into the story and then BAM we go off on tangent to talk about the food or the island.

Maddie and Aida
Michelle Halber
I'm not going to rate this book, as I am aware of my cultural gaps that could affect my understanding of the story.

It is wonderful that we have a book with a Filipino/French heroine! However, my knowledge of the country is very basic, so there was a lot of Googling for me, even with the author's brief explanations.

The story is very choppy, and in addition the author presented herself with a challenge when she has the two leads travelling and apart for most of the book. This issue was tackled pr
Kat at Book Thingo
It wasn’t the best but honestly, the writing is getting better. Malby’s weaknesses remain the same: terrible dialogue & word choice; half-baked plots; poor pacing. But she gets some tropes really well, so maybe when the author is up to book 10 I’ll try again.

Live tweet thread: https://twitter.com/BookThingo/status... #SingaporeFling
Pamela Devereux
Julie
LilyAnn Gill
May 09, 2019

• Why Stuff Matters: A Novel (Caprock)
  • Spent Identity (Annalisse Series #2)
  • Comfort Songs
  • Santa Claus Bank Robbery: A True Crime Saga in Texas
  • Finding Esme
  • Paranormal Texas: Your Travel Guide to Haunted Places near Dallas & Fort Worth
  • Ain't Nobody Nobody
  • All in
  • Longing for a Cowboy Christmas
  • Covey and JayJay Get Educated (Covey Jencks mysteries)
  • 6 Feet Under Texas: Unique, Famous, & Historic Graves in the Lone Star State (Cemetery Tales)
  • Mercury in Retrograde (A Shot in the Dark Book 1)
  • Emma and the Elixir of Madness (Tales of Widowswood, #4)
  • Sitting on a Fortune (The Sisters, Texas #9)
  • The Other Half of Happy
  • Out of the Embers (Mesquite Springs, #1)
  • Brunch with An Angel
  • Tarnished Brass
Maida Malby cooks up multicultural, foodie, international contemporary romance stories filled with sizzling heat, mouthwatering spice, and a whole lotta love.

She is a member of several writing groups and romance book clubs. Her To-Be-Read Mountain and book reviews are featured on her website www.maidamalby.com.

When not writing, reading, or reviewing books, Maida consults her husband on word select

Carpe Diem Chronicles (3 books)
  • Boracay Vows (Carpe Diem Chronicles #1)
  • Samui Heat (Carpe Diem Chronicles 3)