Start by marking “Overture (North Security, #1)” as Want to Read:
Overture (North Security, #1)

Overture

(North Security #1)

Forbidden fruit never tasted this sweet…

The world knows Samantha Brooks as the violin prodigy. She guards her secret truth—the desire she harbors for her guardian.

Liam North got custody of her six years ago. She’s all grown up now, but he still treats her like a child. No matter how much he wants her.

No matter how bad he aches for one taste.

Her sweet overtures break down t
Published February 19th 2019

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2! Overture (Book 1 of 3). Ultra forbidden epic love with age gap!

4.5 stars! She is a musical prodigy and he her much older ward.
Ultra-forbidden! Ultra-sinful! Ultra-good! Ultra-addicting!
Considering hibernation until book 2.
I was inspired to make art while reading, but just fell behind on writing a review. I will post a full review as soon as RL calms down.

***
*****************
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
The minute I start a Skye Warren story I know I am about to get taken on a rollercoaster ride of epic proportions. I absolutely LOVED Overture. This story was sexy, deliciously taboo and so equally heartwrenching and emotional. Warren pulls our heartstrings with her words in the same manner Samantha plays her Violin: fearlessly, brilliantly and filled with an intense depth of emotion for her craft. I was enthralled with this story!

While this is a  deliciously forbidden/age gap romance, Warren s
Rahmayanti
Definitly must read!

A new hit from Skye Warren, Liam North become a guardian for a twelve year old Samantha Brooks. Until she turn eight teen and they both realise their feelings are far from a father and daughter. But something evil lurking in the shadow. Not just the taboo of their turn out relationship, the truth about why Liam become Samantha guardian also have chance to change it all.

Now... Liam North... Have mercy...even his name on my lips make me a fool for him. That man... That beauti
Carolyn Muller
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Overture by Skye Warren
5 stars
I think Liam North just became my all time favorite ! This book was beautifully written. I loved the relationship between Sam and Liam, to me it seemed a natural progression not something taboo. Skye has written a beautiful story, one that will stay with me for a very long time. I have never listened to as much classical music as I did with this one but it seemed fitting. I’ll be depressed as I wait for Concerto!
BookShelfMuse
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intense and devastatingly unshakeable is how best to describe the connection between Samantha, a violin prodigy and Liam, her guardian and protector.This story had me gripped. The chemistry and tension between these two explosive. Their moments dictated by time and complicated circumstances so powerful, I truly found myself transfixed in their story.Warren is one of my favourite story tellers. She knows how to develop characters in such a profound way that leaves you breathtakingly agonized at e ...more
Courtenay Bennett
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes, with a taboo such as age, I’ll start out worried that I won’t be able to get past it - or worse, that I just won’t care (which is more likely.) Always, with a Skye Warren book, I know that I’ll love it, no matter where it takes me.
This book, although absolutely devastating in some of its raw emotionality, was no exception.
Samantha is young in the only way that seems to matter to society - a number on a piece of paper. In terms of actual experiences, and the awful things she’s lived th
Dar
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Liam and Samantha, they are, well, they are both broken. Not a little, but more than they should be. Because of their fathers. Because of their childhoods. Because life just isn’t giving them any breaks along the way. Even as fate put them together, they continue the damage. To each other. Not maliciously, not with intent t harm. With intent to protect. To protect themselves, from the other. To protect the other, from themselves. And then it all becomes clear. The truth doesn’t always set you fr ...more
Saira Moodley (BookedMercy)
Arc provided in exchange for an honest review

5 stars!!!

Omg did I love this book😁.. I devoured Overture in one read and now I’m impatient. The secrets, suspense and sexual tension had me at the edge of my seat, turning page after page needing more of Samantha and Liam.

Samantha Brook’s (17), violin prodigy, became Liam North’s (34) ward at the age of 12. Now nearing 18, lines are getting blurred and both, Samantha and Liam are realizing how empty their lives will be without one another. (Liam
Beyond The Covers Blog
Shelves: celeste
OH. My. God.  Skye Warren does NOT know how to write a bad book and her latest is just proof of that. Overture is full of suspense, heartache, lust and love.  I could not put this book down and was reading along in the world of violins and hunky men when BAM! Out of the blue the book ended with a most spectacular cliff hanger.  I can not wait forConcerto to be released.   Overture is so well written that I swear I could hear Samantha playing the classical music as I was reading.  Overture is Car ...more
Ally *Wasted Life Books & Romance*
That was a tortuous, sexy slow burn with a cliff hanger!! How dare you Skye Warren!!😉
You gave us a taste, a deliciously scandalous one, and then dropped a bomb only to say Find Out What Happens Next!❤ All of the bubbling tension kept me on edge and wanting more!
Liam is a damaged, hardened soul who I love! I want to know so much more about him and his brothers (spin off series please!!) He is a broody, overprotective Alpha with a dark past and a secret love for Samantha!
Then there is sweet, vio
Laundry
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant. There's no other word to describe this latest installment from Skye Warren. She creates characters so darkly complex it's impossible not to be totally captivated by them. Liam is the definition of darkness and Samantha is everything that is light. They are opposites yet totally in sync to one another. Their dynamic was exquisite.

Story Line: Samantha is a violinist. Okay, that's putting it mildly. She's like a freaking rockstar. She's about to go on a world tour and hasn't even turned
Sammy- Just Let Me Read
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Skye Warren consistently delivers exquisitely written stories filled with emotion and unforgettable characters. Overture was a steamy taboo romance that flawlessly blends angst, suspense and romance.

“The sensations should be different, the structure of a violin wholly apart from the tangle of feelings I have around the man. They blur together anyway, a physical symphony I play and play.”

The characters of this story really made this book come to life. Samantha and Liam were both damaged in their
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

’OVERTURE’ is the first novel in a brand new series from New York Times bestselling author Skye Warren. This is ‘Samantha Brooks and her guardian Liam North’s’ story. Spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives.’

Forbidden fruit never tasted this sweet… He's sixteen years older than her, she's his guardian. Things were bound to get HOT HOT HOT!!

Nearly eighteen year old Samantha is a famous child prodigy and within a matter of weeks
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anyone that knows me knows that I’m a sucker for forbidden romance. I get crazy stupid and my morals takes a back seat for the duration of the story because forbidden love stories will always give you that rush of excitement and let me tell you, this story was no different.

Samantha Brooks is a violin child prodigy. Nothing has ever gave her that feeling of pure contentment than when she starts to play her own music and nothing ever will. Six years ago her life took a drastic turn and because o
Jen
First of all, thank you to the author for gifting me with an ARC copy of this new book of hers. I have always been a fan of Skye Warren's work, so when she emailed me and asked if I'd like to try an ARC, I was immediately excited!!! I am pleased to say that I wasn't disappointed in this story at all. I really enjoyed it, and loved that bit of mysterious aspect that was thrown into this forbidden themed book as well.

Overture is a story about a child prodigy who plays the violin like an angel. At
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS
It’s an exquisite torture, wrong on every level, and I never want it to end.

An underage music prodigy, her fierce protector, taboo romance, and a sweet sizzle of a slow born that's expertly crafted made Overture one delicious page turner!

I love the sweet torture of a good slow burn, and this book definitely delivered on that front. It sets the stage for what I could already tell is going to be one epic romance. The heroine is a musical prodigy on the cusp of her eighteenth birthday a
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews

GENRE: Taboo Romance
NARRATION: Dual POV
This is Book#1 in the Series ::

THE STORY IN A NUTSHELL :

Samantha young is a talented young violinist who lost her parents separately and has lived a neglected childhood as a result. That was until she was awarded a guardian ex-military Liam North.
For 6 years Samantha has been trained diligently in her passion, the violin. Soon she will become of age and go on a world tour.

Liam has protected S
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Sensual, sexy, and so much tension... 4.5 stars
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This book... how to even start.

This book is loaded with super high and super hot sexual tension and anticipation right from the beginning. It is a May/December story of a forbidden desire and a love so deep, it is fraught with near painful feelings and images.

Liam believes he does not deserve love. Samantha is dying for a glimpse of love in her stark existence. Together they know a deep love but cannot, should not, and will not
Jemima
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Guys!
I am a sucker for forbidden romance... It's a guilty pleasure I won't admit out loud (apparently I'll just write it here 🙈)!

Truth be told, I have a few Skye Warren books in my TBR pile but this was my first book by this author.

When I read the synopsis for this book I wanted it ASAP! I can honestly say that I am shocked! The angst in this book? People! It was insane 😍

Overtune had a air of mystery to it that kept me hooked. It also had this aura of hypnotizing seduction that just captivated m
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Taboo, suspenseful and deliciously sexy, Overture is EXACTLY why I return to Skye Warren again and again. This storyline seriously toed the line between "oh this is gonna be so good" and "oh my word, is this gonna end well?!?" There are some boundaries that just shouldn't be crossed and the dynamic between Samantha Brooks and Liam North is definitely one of those questionable lines where I was constantly wondering how far Warren would go, how far readers would allow the boundary to be pushed bef ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

Claire Contreras
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a sexy, yet tastefully written taboo story. Skye Warren seriously brings her A-game in this one. Also, Liam North is hot AF.
Dilek VT
Jan 31, 2019 marked it as never-no-way
Here's another one; they keep coming!!!

He became her guardian when she was orphaned at the age of twelve. In time, they develop feelings that they SHOULDN'T (key word here: shouldn't) as she is a child and he is an adult 15 years older than her. I don't care if she is 17 or 18 when they become lovers, it is still gross!
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book was so much more than I was expecting. I knew I would love it as Skye is a one click author for me. But I didn’t know just how much.

Liam and Samantha are the kind of age gap, complicated, taboo love story I adore. Add in a whole bunch of intrigue and suspense and you’ve got a book I couldn’t read fast enough. So many emotions during this one. Beautiful writing! Absolutely cannot wait for book 2!

I received an arc of this book.
Lainey
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've been thoroughly enjoying Skye Warren's books for the past couple years, I've been looking forward to her new releases and she's been a solid auto-buy author for me, so to say the least, I was stoked for this book.

OVERTURE is a sexy, slightly taboo romance about a young violin prodigy, Samantha, and her guardian, Liam. And the secrets of the past the bind them together.

So I love slow-burn, and wow, did this one deliver. There were so many "will they or won't they" moments that were killing m
Nicky Grant
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully orchestrated taboo romance brimming with angst and heart-shattering moments. A story not to be missed!

Liam North will become an instant alpha favorite as he battles with the lust and passion he has simmering below the surface for Samantha. A devastating plot of mystery, taboo love, anguish and heart’s torment as these two find love in a place considered forbidden.

Bravo to Skye for writing another unputdownable story! Liam has risen to the top of my Alpha list and Samantha is like n
Kat
Jan 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
Hells yeah!!

Cécile Smits
Skye Warren,you did it again! You lured me in. Made me fall for Samantha and Liam.
Even though he’s older and her guardian,i want them to be together.
Need them to heal eachother.

Samantha became his ward at 12 years old, and Liam has a deep need to keep her safe from whatever danger might lurk in the shadows. He even wants to keep her safe from him,and his growing need to claim her for himself. Because she is too sweet,too innocent for the darkness he holds inside. Not to mention,the very things
AJ
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

This is my first read by Skye Warren, and I really enjoyed it! A darkly intense forbidden-ish romance with chemistry that zings off the page, this is a great series starter and the beginning of a potentially epic romance!

Samantha Brooks grew up as a child violin prodigy. Her father was a diplomat and her childhood was difficult and far from ideal, but her memories from that time are shady apart from her love for music that has been with her from a very young age. On her father’s death at
Mary
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Overture is a forbidden story of Samantha and her guardian, Liam. She is a musical child prodigy when Liam took her in when her father mysteriously died. Samantha has questions that only Liam can answer. The story is sexy, emotional and so good. I love the little musical tidbits before each chapter. Another brilliant story from Skye Warren.

Review copy was received for a honest opinion.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Body Painter
  • Red Hot Winter
  • Heart of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #3)
  • The Devil's Advocate (Devil's Playground, #2)
  • Lists and Lies
  • Talen
  • Switching for Her (Blasphemy, #5)
  • Love and Chaos (Chaos, #3)
  • The Scoundrel in Her Bed (Sins for All Seasons, #3)
  • Pen vs. Sword
  • When August Ends
  • The Mister
  • Lust (The Elite Seven, #1)
  • God Amongst Men
  • Take (Deliver, #5)
  • The Sweetest Thing
  • The Tiger Catcher (End of Forever, #1)
  • Million Dollar Devil
“No one messes with Samantha Brooks – not even me.” 0 likes
“It’s not right.”
... “Then be wrong me with.”
0 likes