Start by marking “Overture (North Security, #1)” as Want to Read:
Overture (North Security, #1)

Overture

(North Security #1)

Forbidden fruit never tasted this sweet…

The world knows Samantha Brooks as the violin prodigy. She guards her secret truth—the desire she harbors for her guardian.

Liam North got custody of her six years ago. She’s all grown up now, but he still treats her like a child. No matter how much he wants her.

No matter how bad he aches for one taste.

Her sweet overtures break down t
Published February 19th 2019

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |

⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2! Overture (Book 1 of 3). Ultra forbidden epic love with age gap!

4.5 stars! She is a musical prodigy and he her much older ward.
Ultra-forbidden! Ultra-sinful! Ultra-good! Ultra-addicting!
Considering hibernation until book 2.
I was inspired to make art while reading, but just fell behind on writing a review. I will post a full review as soon as RL calms down.

***
Story end
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
The minute I start a Skye Warren story I know I am about to get taken on a rollercoaster ride of epic proportions. I absolutely LOVED Overture. This story was sexy, deliciously taboo and so equally heartwrenching and emotional. Warren pulls our heartstrings with her words in the same manner Samantha plays her Violin: fearlessly, brilliantly and filled with an intense depth of emotion for her craft. I was enthralled with this story!

While this is a  deliciously forbidden/age gap romance, Warren s
Skye Warren
Feb 19, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

OVERTURE is out now! Forbidden fruit never tasted this sweet…

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2S60svP
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/2Qtt15z
Apple Books: https://apple.co/2QuX6le
Kobo: http://bit.ly/2QvZ6ts
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2QAJ9Co

“Swoon-worthy, forbidden, and sexy, Liam North is my new obsession.” – New York Times bestselling author Claire Contreras

“A seductive and utterly addicting story of temptation and forbidden desire. This is Skye Warren at her best!” – New York Times bestselling author S
Claire Contreras
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a sexy, yet tastefully written taboo story. Skye Warren seriously brings her A-game in this one. Also, Liam North is hot AF.
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews

GENRE: Taboo Romance
NARRATION: Dual POV
This is Book#1 in the Series ::

THE STORY IN A NUTSHELL :

Samantha young is a talented young violinist who lost her parents separately and has lived a neglected childhood as a result. That was until she was awarded a guardian ex-military Liam North.
For 6 years Samantha has been trained diligently in her passion, the violin. Soon she will become of age and go on a world tour.

Liam has protected S
Rahmayanti
Definitly must read!

A new hit from Skye Warren, Liam North become a guardian for a twelve year old Samantha Brooks. Until she turn eight teen and they both realise their feelings are far from a father and daughter. But something evil lurking in the shadow. Not just the taboo of their turn out relationship, the truth about why Liam become Samantha guardian also have chance to change it all.

Now... Liam North... Have mercy...even his name on my lips make me a fool for him. That man... That beauti
Carolyn Muller
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Overture by Skye Warren
5 stars
I think Liam North just became my all time favorite ! This book was beautifully written. I loved the relationship between Sam and Liam, to me it seemed a natural progression not something taboo. Skye has written a beautiful story, one that will stay with me for a very long time. I have never listened to as much classical music as I did with this one but it seemed fitting. I’ll be depressed as I wait for Concerto!
Nicky Grant
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully orchestrated taboo romance brimming with angst and heart-shattering moments. A story not to be missed!

Liam North will become an instant alpha favorite as he battles with the lust and passion he has simmering below the surface for Samantha. A devastating plot of mystery, taboo love, anguish and heart’s torment as these two find love in a place considered forbidden.

Bravo to Skye for writing another unputdownable story! Liam has risen to the top of my Alpha list and Samantha is like n
BookShelfMuse
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intense and devastatingly unshakeable is how best to describe the connection between Samantha, a violin prodigy and Liam, her guardian and protector.This story had me gripped. The chemistry and tension between these two explosive. Their moments dictated by time and complicated circumstances so powerful, I truly found myself transfixed in their story.Warren is one of my favourite story tellers. She knows how to develop characters in such a profound way that leaves you breathtakingly agonized at e ...more
Courtenay Bennett
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes, with a taboo such as age, I’ll start out worried that I won’t be able to get past it - or worse, that I just won’t care (which is more likely.) Always, with a Skye Warren book, I know that I’ll love it, no matter where it takes me.
This book, although absolutely devastating in some of its raw emotionality, was no exception.
Samantha is young in the only way that seems to matter to society - a number on a piece of paper. In terms of actual experiences, and the awful things she’s lived th
Beyond The Covers Blog
Shelves: celeste
OH. My. God.  Skye Warren does NOT know how to write a bad book and her latest is just proof of that. Overture is full of suspense, heartache, lust and love.  I could not put this book down and was reading along in the world of violins and hunky men when BAM! Out of the blue the book ended with a most spectacular cliff hanger.  I can not wait forConcerto to be released.   Overture is so well written that I swear I could hear Samantha playing the classical music as I was reading.  Overture is Car ...more
Dar
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Liam and Samantha, they are, well, they are both broken. Not a little, but more than they should be. Because of their fathers. Because of their childhoods. Because life just isn’t giving them any breaks along the way. Even as fate put them together, they continue the damage. To each other. Not maliciously, not with intent t harm. With intent to protect. To protect themselves, from the other. To protect the other, from themselves. And then it all becomes clear. The truth doesn’t always set you fr ...more
Saira Moodley (BookedMercy)
Arc provided in exchange for an honest review

5 stars!!!

Omg did I love this book😁.. I devoured Overture in one read and now I’m impatient. The secrets, suspense and sexual tension had me at the edge of my seat, turning page after page needing more of Samantha and Liam.

Samantha Brook’s (17), violin prodigy, became Liam North’s (34) ward at the age of 12. Now nearing 18, lines are getting blurred and both, Samantha and Liam are realizing how empty their lives will be without one another. (Liam
Babel
Forget everything you think you know about sensuality. You will re-learn every sense of it with this tale.

Where are the 10 stars? My goodness, I feel stingy by giving this book only 5 :-D

Elegant writing, passion for music and a confessional tone underline this most beautiful romance infused with the perfume of the forbidden.

I tend to gravitate to musical or artistic themes in novels, so I couldn't believe my luck when one of my beloved authors, SW, announced her next creation to happen between
Laundry
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant. There's no other word to describe this latest installment from Skye Warren. She creates characters so darkly complex it's impossible not to be totally captivated by them. Liam is the definition of darkness and Samantha is everything that is light. They are opposites yet totally in sync to one another. Their dynamic was exquisite.

Story Line: Samantha is a violinist. Okay, that's putting it mildly. She's like a freaking rockstar. She's about to go on a world tour and hasn't even turned
Little Steamy Reads
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing

MASTERPIECE.

This story charmed me like the hypnotizing sound of the violin. Skye Warren has created a perfect forbidden romance that combines the delicate world of classical music with the harshness that surrounds military world. This bittersweet mix resulted in a story that got under my skin and which continuation I want to follow immediately!

Samantha Brooks is a violin prodigy who’s about to finish high school and go on a tour to share her talent with the world. The girl had quite a tough chil
Ally *Wasted Life Books & Romance*
That was a tortuous, sexy slow burn with a cliff hanger!! How dare you Skye Warren!!😉
You gave us a taste, a deliciously scandalous one, and then dropped a bomb only to say Find Out What Happens Next!❤ All of the bubbling tension kept me on edge and wanting more!
Liam is a damaged, hardened soul who I love! I want to know so much more about him and his brothers (spin off series please!!) He is a broody, overprotective Alpha with a dark past and a secret love for Samantha!
Then there is sweet, vio
Kristine
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Decadently Forbidden Skye Warren is back!

This story was about Samantha Brooks (seventeen going on eighteen) she is a violin child prodigy. When her neglectful father dies she was given into the custody of Liam North; a security expert even though she has an older brother.

Liam and her father had never met but he was racked with guilt of the supposed death of Samantha's father so he pulled some strings and got custody of her. He is haunted from the abuse at the hands of his father and the fact th
Sammy- Just Let Me Read
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Skye Warren consistently delivers exquisitely written stories filled with emotion and unforgettable characters. Overture was a steamy taboo romance that flawlessly blends angst, suspense and romance.

“The sensations should be different, the structure of a violin wholly apart from the tangle of feelings I have around the man. They blur together anyway, a physical symphony I play and play.”

The characters of this story really made this book come to life. Samantha and Liam were both damaged in their
PP's Bookshelf
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can love be restricted by age or labels dictated by society? When two imperfect souls find solace and reprieve in each other, it cannot be wrong because everyone thinks so. Life needs support and friendship. And heart can see love in the most difficult yet appropriate person. Overture by Skye Warren is a story of such love. Where love means protection, redemption and solidarity.

I have almost no boundaries while reading different romance trope. Overture by Skye Warren deals with something I have
Cécile Smits
Skye Warren,you did it again! You lured me in. Made me fall for Samantha and Liam.
Even though he’s older and her guardian,i want them to be together.
Need them to heal eachother.

Samantha became his ward at 12 years old, and Liam has a deep need to keep her safe from whatever danger might lurk in the shadows. He even wants to keep her safe from him,and his growing need to claim her for himself. Because she is too sweet,too innocent for the darkness he holds inside. Not to mention,the very things
B. C. Booklover
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Music and books have always been a huge part of my life and happiness so, when I was offered an opportunity to read an advanced copy of one of my favorite authors books about a musical genius, I jumped at the chance! Skye Warren is that author and Overture is that book! Anyone who has ever read one of her books will tell you that each one you finish will grab you and be more exciting than the last, become a new favorite.

This story draws you into the almost solitary world that Samantha Brooks, p
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heart pounding, heart stopping roller coaster ride! Overture takes us on a wild ride of emotions. I know when I get ready to start reading a Skye Warren book, I am going on an emotional journey that ends with my mouth hanging open thinking, "OMG! OMG! What did I just read?!"

Nothing is easy and some isn't as it seems. There are extenuating circumstances and complicated situations. Overture is a forbidden guardian romance with an age gap. Skye Warren does a wonderful job of weaving a tale of forbi
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

’OVERTURE’ is the first novel in a brand new series from New York Times bestselling author Skye Warren. This is ‘Samantha Brooks and her guardian Liam North’s’ story. Spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives.’

Forbidden fruit never tasted this sweet… He's sixteen years older than her, she's his guardian. Things were bound to get HOT HOT HOT!!

Nearly eighteen year old Samantha is a famous child prodigy and within a matter of weeks
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book was so much more than I was expecting. I knew I would love it as Skye is a one click author for me. But I didn’t know just how much.

Liam and Samantha are the kind of age gap, complicated, taboo love story I adore. Add in a whole bunch of intrigue and suspense and you’ve got a book I couldn’t read fast enough. So many emotions during this one. Beautiful writing! Absolutely cannot wait for book 2!

I received an arc of this book.
Roxs Reads
Skye Warren’s books always hit me so hard and Overture gets a 5-star rating. Her words dance across the pages, luring you in, enticing you to become part of the story. A relationship between Liam and Samantha is forbidden and taboo but also so perfectly natural. Not only has Skye given us an age gap romance, but she has also thrown in a little ‘daddy issue’ into the mix. The classical music references throughout the story add a poetic symphony into the relationship.

Liam North is the perfect alp
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anyone that knows me knows that I’m a sucker for forbidden romance. I get crazy stupid and my morals takes a back seat for the duration of the story because forbidden love stories will always give you that rush of excitement and let me tell you, this story was no different.

Samantha Brooks is a violin child prodigy. Nothing has ever gave her that feeling of pure contentment than when she starts to play her own music and nothing ever will. Six years ago her life took a drastic turn and because o
Keri Loves Books
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love forbidden romance, then you absolutely cannot miss Overture! It was taboo! It was SEXY! It was UNPUTDOWNABLE!!!

Liam wasn’t family by blood. He was her guardian, the man that raised her since she was twelve after her father died.

Samantha is a child prodigy. Her gift for the violin and her love of music is so much a part of who she is. Liam nurtured and encouraged that gift.

She’s almost eighteen now and the feelings she has for Liam are anything but paternal. Her love for Liam is some
Shelley
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A book of opposites❣

I’m just going to say.....buy this book....OMG what a story!

Samantha is a child prodigy and after her father died, she is taken in by Liam North as his ward, even though they are not related by blood. She is close to leaving on a tour around the world, but before that happens she first has to graduate from high school, have her 18th birthday and then the tour can start. But as she gets closer to the time, she doesn’t want to be the good girl anymore who follows orders and s
Rhonda Ziglar
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 OVERTURE STARS!! Get ready for a delicious taste of forbidden fruit. This story sucks you in and you can't put it down. It is full of sexiness, forbidden, suspense, drama and so much love. Liam and Samantha have a fantastic story to tell you, so open your ears and listen. I can't wait for the next book. Skye Warren is always a 1-Click author for me and I am so happy I did, love this book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Body Painter
  • Red Hot Winter
  • Heart of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #3)
  • The Devil's Advocate (Devil's Playground, #2)
  • Lists and Lies
  • Talen
  • Switching for Her (Blasphemy, #5)
  • Love and Chaos (Chaos, #3)
  • The Scoundrel in Her Bed (Sins for All Seasons, #3)
  • Pen vs. Sword
  • When August Ends
  • The Mister
  • Lust (The Elite Seven, #1)
  • God Amongst Men
  • Take (Deliver, #5)
  • The Sweetest Thing
  • The Tiger Catcher (End of Forever, #1)
  • Million Dollar Devil
“No one messes with Samantha Brooks – not even me.” 0 likes
“It’s not right.”
... “Then be wrong with me.”
0 likes