Start by marking “My Fair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Fair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #1)

My Fair Godmother

(My Fair Godmother #1)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  11,941 ratings  ·  1,444 reviews
Finding your one true love can be a Grimm experience!

After her boyfriend dumps her for her older sister, sophomore Savannah Delano wishes she could find a true prince to take her to the prom. Enter Chrissy (Chrysanthemum) Everstar: Savannah’s gum-chewing, cell phone–carrying, high heel-wearing Fair Godmother. Showing why she’s only Fair—because she’s not a very good fairy
Published January 6th 2009 by Walker Childrens

To ask other readers questions about My Fair Godmother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Fair Godmother

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
3.5 stars. This was a cute, light read, a teenage love story in a fairy tale/time travel setting. The beginning of My Fair Godmother is SO CHARMING - I've re-read it probably a dozen times just for the sheer pleasure of it. The story of how Savannah's boyfriend was stolen by her older, smarter and (view spoiler) frumpy sister is clever, funny and surprisingly insightful. I especially loved the description of certain teenage jocks as "sharks".
Guys can smell desperation.
Cara
Jun 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fairy tale lovers
Recommended to Cara by: Ash
Shelves: fantasy, fairy-tales
All little girls (ok so maybe not all, I shouldn't be making glittering generalites). Let me rephrase, most little girls dream about becoming the princess in all those wonderful fairy tales. What would happen if you had the chance to obtain that childhood wish? Our protagonist Savannah gets to find out.

Poor Savannah is having a rough time right now. Her boyfriend Hunter has just dumped her for her older sister Jane. Things aren't looking to good either to find a replacement for prom. Here enters
Terra
Jan 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
My Fair Godmother is the most delightful fairytale of the current century. This book first caught my interest just because of the cover art and yes I know you should never judge a book by it's cover. Well I will be happy to say that the story within is even better than I could have possibly expected and where were books like this when I was a teen.

Savannah Delano is sweet sixteen, extremely pretty and watched by all the hot jocks. Unfortunately she is so wrapped up in herself that she doesn't re
Jessica
Jan 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: youngadult
Savannah is having a bad month. First her sister steals her boyfriend, now her fairy godmother is too busy to let her finish a sentence. She only hears the part of Savannah's wish where she says she wants her life to be like a fairy tale. . . . and voila! Savannah is back in the middle ages, scrubbing floors and milking cows as Cinderella. Further attempts to sort out her wishes only result in more mayhem, as Chrissie the godmother can barely be bothered to stop shopping or partying long enough ...more
Rahmi
4 FAIRY STARS!!!

Jika kamu mendengar kata ibu peri pasti yang ada di pikiranmu adalah wanita tua dengan pipi tembem baik hati yang akan mengambulkan apapun permintaanmu. Well in this book that’s not the kind of a Godmother that you got. Meet Chrysanthemum Everstar, a not so impatient fairy Godmother in training.

Untuk mendapatkan extra credit agar bisa lulus ke Godmother University, Chrissy harus menjadi FAIR GODMOTHER nya Savannah dan mengabulkan 3 keinginan Savannah. Savannah sendiri merupakan
Attack Salmon
May 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
Janette Rallison is my automatic go to author for something funny. Her humour is always on point and I don't think I have read any comedy books that top hers. Sadly My Fair Godmother is a dissapointment.

What started out as a decent high school romance turn into a wild goose chase through the medieval ages. Its sooo boring. Savannah jumping from one place to another. Savannah and Tristan fighting monsters stupidly. Its too juvinile for me and not to mention I didn't even laugh once while reading
Booknut
Lessons to be learnt?

1.) Be super, duper careful what you wish for and HOW you word your wish!
2.) Don't make superficial wishes...they backfire
3.) If you call your FAIR godmother's name and she doesn't answer, odds are she's on a eight-month long shopping spree
4.) Computer gremlins? They're real.
5.) Shampoos kills ogres
6.) Snow White is not too bright
7.) The dwarves are probably names after Snow White's traits...not theirs!
8.) Wizards are weird
9.) Goats are evil
10.) Godmothers wear sunnies and g
Veronica Morfi
Aug 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Highly entertaining. This is a fresh twist on fairy godmothers. It has pretty much every thing I needed to get back on reading. It was very fun, had princess, magic, dragons and one very mischievous fairy godmother.

Full review to come... (I pinky promise!)
Sasha (seetheworldwithbooks)
4.15 Stars!

There was a time when i was a total idiot. It was when i didn't have any interest to pick any of Janette Rallison's books.

What a fool.

(it was me regretting why i neglected all of Janette's books before)

description

If i had known her books were all this amazing, i would have read it waaayyyyy sooner. Seriously guys, i never laughed so hard in my life reading any of YA books. I swear. This book not only made my day, but also made me happy and made me remember why i loved reading books in the first
Tristi
Jan 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
I've known Janette Rallison for several years and have been delighted with her sense of humor and her charm. Despite knowing her, I have to admit, I didn't read one of her young adult books until this last summer, and let me say, I've been regretting that procrastination. All this time I could have been a huge fan, and now I feel like I have to go back and retroactively enjoy all her books. I'm serious - I just came home from the library with four of her titles. I've got to make up for all I've ...more
Nisha
I don't generally have a high opinion of YA lit, so it took me a little longer to begin this book. Actually, to be honest, I was intrigued by the whole incompetent fairy godmother concept and the cover art. The better than average reviews helped, sort of, but my thoughts usually don't match most of the YA reviews I've read, so I wasn't really going to start trusting them now. Considering it all, this book was surprisingly good.

The story begins as a report by the novice godmother to her professo
Anne
Aug 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a great blend of fairytale, YA romance, and silly humor!

The story starts with two sisters. Jane, the older sister who is studious and smart. Savannah, the younger sister who is beautiful and...not so studious.
Along comes Hunter, who is both handsome and smart. He also happens to be Jane's longtime secret crush. Unfortunately, he doesn't even know she exists. But he has noticed the beautiful Savannah, and much to Jane's disappointment they begin dating.

Enter Chrysanthemum Everstar (Chris
Ash
Apr 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book is just totally hilarious and I laughed out loud too many times to even count! If you're ever in the mood for a good laugh, read a book by Janette Rallison.

Overview: Savannah has just been dumped by her boyfriend, Hunter, for her perfect older sister Jane. Now she's stuck without a date to prom after she's just finished using up her last penny on her dream dress, and has very recently embarrassed herself in front of most of the school. Now how will she ever get a worthy date to prom?
Haadiya // Hiatus
2.5 Stars
This book was..okay I guess?
But I'm glad about one thing and that is- I'm glad that it's over .

I mean honestly, it was slow, not very interestingly written and can I just say I Did NOT like Tristan, like I'm so in love with the name Tristan for a male lead, (might be why I judged him extra hard) but no, this guy wasn't as bad as our male lead (I forgot the name of that dumb fucking idiot douche spoiled brat) from reckless magic thus why I didn't shelf him as a douche, he was just-um
Bookaholic (reads every mortal thing)
Edit 5/11/14- After much consideration, I have decided to add another star to both the books in this series. Why? IM NOT ABLE TO GET THE TWO BLOODY BOOKS OUT OF MY HEAD! (In the best way possible) So I think any book that has that effect on me deserves a full 5 .

Yesterday, I had one of my many weird, spontaneous craving, and this time, it was for a quick, light contemporary. And I'm glad I chose this one.

This is everything it promised it would be: cute, light and fluffy. I've been reading too m
Melissa
Nov 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
I liked this fairy tale-ish book. I read it out loud to my 8 year old, and there were parts at he beginning when I wondered if it was appropriate for her, but once it got into fairy tale mode, it was just up her alley. Funny, sweet, perhaps a bit heavy-handed on the "hot guy" thing, but in the end thoroughly enjoyable.
Amelie
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My fair Godmother musste ich nach dem grandiosen zweiten Teil dann natürlich auch noch lesen xD Das Buch ist ganz ähnlich strukturiert wie auch das zweite: Chrissy, die eine Extraarbeit tun muss und sich eine Dame in Nöten auswählt. Dieses Mal geht es um Samantha, welche das tragische Schicksal ereilt hat, dass sich ihr Freund und ihre Schwester ineinander verliebt haben. Auch sie hat drei Wünsche frei und wünscht sich einen Prinzen. Wie so oft versteht die gute Chrissy alles falsch und Samantha ...more
Anastasia Antonova
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Мой главный совет всем, кто хочет прочитать книгу: воспринимайте ее как сказку. Не более. Глубокого смысла не найдете, зато получите возможность провести приятнейший вечер в окружении магии, драконов и вредной феи.
Книга понравилась. Она подарила мне несколько дней приятного чтива, с хорошими героями и интересным сюжетом. Посмеяться тоже есть над чем, ведь Саванна просто Мастер Неловких Ситуаций. Кстати, она мне показалась не такой глупой, какой себя считает она сама и окружающие ее. Да, погрешн
Justine
If you're looking for something cutesy and fun. I highly recommend this book My Fair Godmother!

It was
description

I wish I had read this sooner.

All the elements in here were great. I love how it was all combined. Medieval and 20th Century themes, the characters, the immersing and surprising plot. I love it. It's such a fun read; quickly jumping in for the second one.
Rachel
Oct 14, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2013-read
Had potential, definitely didn't live up to it.

I was really looking forward to a ditzy pretty girl protagonist blowing ditzy pretty girl stereotypes out of the water by having street smarts in place of her lack of book smarts. And I really thought this book would have that, when it started out contrasting Savannah and her super smart, bookish sister.

But it quickly fell apart when everyone, from her sister to the ex-boyfriend to the love interest to the entire Middle Ages treated her as an idiot
Grace
I stumbled across this author when reading reviews on another author and even though I can never find that review again, I am eternally grateful. So, note to self: author-name-dropping in random reviews of similar categories are stupendously helpful.

This book is a mesh of so many different genres. The first part of the book is a limited third person POV of Savannah's older sister, Jane, aka The Smart One. (The only question in the sentence is why a mother would name her daughters Jane and Savann
Michelle (Pink Polka Dot Books)
2.5 Stars

Savannah gets a Godmother and three wishes, so you would think her life just got a whole life better right? Well not exactly. Her boyfriend has just dumped her to date her smarter older sister Jane, and then this high-heeled party-girl fairy shows up with wishes... but Chrissy isn't a Fairy Godmother, she's only fair. She hasn't gotten the best grades in Godmother school and Savannah is supposed to be her extra credit.

When Savannah wishes for a fairy tale-like life, she's sent back to
Diane ~Firefly~
Melissa
Dec 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
Once again I'm torn between a 3 and a 4 star rating. I was leaning towards a 3 because I really liked the book, but it was a bit predictable. Then I remembered this part... actually, wait. Let me set it up for you just a bit.
This book is about Savannah - a girl whose boyfriend was stolen by her older sister. Enter the "fair" godmother - Chrissy. Chrissy hasn't done so well in school which is why she is only a fair godmother. But her professor has given her an extra credit project - to grant Sav
Small Review
I wasn't expecting much with this book, but boy was I surprised! I was laughing out loud throughout the whole book. The scenes with Snow White and the goat scene at the ball were gasping-for-breath hilarious. The author's idea was well-realized and seamlessly combined time travel, fractured fairy tales, romance, and characters who were easy to relate to and sympathize with. Savannah grows throughout the book as she realizes how she was silly and gains confidence in her abilities. There is a seco ...more
Tanja
Jun 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
For some reason all girls want to be in a fairy tale and find the prince after a great struggle. Well, after reading this I don't think I want that anymore. What happens if your fairy godmother is just a "fair" godmother and she messes everything up? This was a fun book and a new twist on the classic fairy tales. I liked that she stuck to the original tales and not the disney ones. Funny.
Saarah
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
so, I read this book yesterday, and absolutely loved it! it was really hilarious a lot of the time, and overall was a great read! the the ending and the characters were awesome too!
Janette
Oct 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
See the awesome book trailer at:

I love the song!
Huda Hadoya89
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed it
  • Saving Juliet
  • Fairy Bad Day
  • The Wide-Awake Princess (Wide-Awake Princess, #1)
  • The Amaranth Enchantment
  • Princess for Hire (Princess for Hire, #1)
  • Princess of the Silver Woods ( The Princesses of Westfalin Trilogy, #3)
  • Slayers (Slayers, #1)
  • Into the Wild (Into the Wild, #1)
  • So Over My Head (The Charmed Life, #3)
  • Golden:  A Retelling of Rapunzel
  • What the Doctor Ordered
  • Cinderella: Ninja Warrior (Twisted Tales, #1)
  • Fortune's Folly
  • As You Wish (Genies #1)
Check out my awesome book trailers!
My Unfair Godmother:
My Fair Godmother: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up1jF8...
Just One Wish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP1Nce...
My Double Life

Janette Rallison has five children who keep her well supplied with plot ideas, sometimes even making cameo appearances in her novels. She

My Fair Godmother (3 books)
  • My Unfair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #2)
  • My Fairly Dangerous Godmother (My Fair Godmother #3)
“Courage is a fickle creature. Just as you need it, it often makes excuses and rushes out of the room.” 126 likes
“Happy is entirely up to you and always has been.” 67 likes