Start by marking “Celebrations: A Collection Of Short Stories” as Want to Read:
Celebrations: A Collection Of Short Stories

Celebrations: A Collection Of Short Stories

Celebrations is a collection of short stories, each based on different holiday we celebrate in the U.K.

Whether you're having a coffee break, or just have a spare half an hour, each story will transport you to a totally different world.

Sit back, relax, and enjoy each individual book.

1) Burns Night - Love Of Haggis
2) Valentine's Day - One Date
3) St Patrick's Day -
Published March 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Celebrations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Celebrations

Start your review of Celebrations: A Collection Of Short Stories
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
I’ve not read anything from this author previously so this collection of short stories was a great introduction to her.

This is a collection of several different short stories where the days are celebrated in Ireland and United Kingdom.

1) Burns Night - Love Of Haggis
7)Bonfire Night - Bonfire Of Love
8) Christmas - Christmas Promise
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I’ve never been a fan of short stories because you never really get to know the characters very well. This book has definitely made me rethink my short story decision. These short stories are based on UK holidays where we see a few holidays I’ve never heard of to the ones we celebrate in the US. The thing I really loved was the word glossary in the front explaining words we aren’t exactly sure what they mean. I know I found myself referring to it a few times.

I found myself really loving all the
booklover BEV
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read these wonderful short stories over a series of my night time reads before my bedtime, these are just perfect. Burns night, one date Valentine's, the luck of the irish, st Patrick's day, don't hold a grudge mother's day, the hunt is on easter, hollow creek Halloween, bonfire of love bonfire night, Christmas promise, New years resolution. Absolutely all beautiful reads in one book. I loved all these reads l especially hold a grudge mother's day is my favourite. I thank the author and could ...more
Amy Mccann
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed these short reads and it's nice to read about all the times of the year us Brits and Scots celebrate our traditions and how it brings us altogether through family and love and these where very lighthearted reads that where easy to relate to! You can see that K.M Lowe put alot of heart into these short stories and I truly wouldn't be able to pick a favourite they where just truly wonderful.

Thankyou for the review copy K.M Lowe <3
Katie (Leave Me Alone I Am Reading)
I loved the short stories in this book. Quick reads, light and easy.

Despite the short stories and not getting a full connection with the characters, I found myself liking the characters more than I had anticipated.

I also loved reading about all the UK holidays that I didn’t know about being from the US.
K.M. Lowe
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Celebrations is a collection of short stories. No two stories in the book are the same. Each will transport you into another world. Grab a coffee, settle down, relax, and enjoy the ride.
Kyra
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a collection of heartwarming tales for every celebration you can think of! Perfect short reads to make you smile!
Alana
Oct 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I bought this book solely because I loved the cover, I didnt really know much about the book.

The book itself is an easy read but I found every story repetitive and very predictable. It is nice to read happy endings and finding the perfect man etc but when all nine short stories went down the same lines it got a bit too much for me.
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Celebrations is a collection of short stories, each story is based on different holiday that are celebrate in the U.K. I'm not from the U.K. so it was interesting to read about the holidays. I almost skipped over Love Of Haggis because it the holiday it takes place during in Burns Supper and I had no idea what that was. I'm glad I didn't skip it because it was one of my favorite stories. One Date was the Valentine's Day story was my next favorite. Hollows Creek is the Halloween story, which was ...more
Yvonne Eason
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for some short romantic reads then look no further. These stories have all the feels. Set around celebrations like Halloween, mothers day, St Patrick's Day etc.

My favourite has to be the mothers day one. Whilst you knew it was going to be a HEA the story it's self was heart wrenching and had me tearing up in places.

I just wish some of these could have been made longer. Like a proper novel.

I really adore this authors writing. She writes from the heart and does alot of research
Toya Richardson
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC today and couldn’t put it down. I loved it so much because it’s completely different to any romance book I’ve read before.
So many beautiful short stories based around different holiday celebrations from throughout the year. This is a book full of heart-warming tales to brighten up your day. My personal favourites were Halloween, Christmas and New Year. Although, each one was lovely in its own way. This author’s work keeps on getting better.
This is a great book to pick up,
Kathy Rouchelle
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely brilliant collections of little stories that will tickle your funny bone and have your heart soaring. Each story takes place during a different holiday in the UK, some of which I have never heard of but thoroughly enjoyed learning about. The characters were all so very well written and quite endearing. From the very first story you will become hooked and enjoy traveling through the UK and celebrating with all of them. If I had to pick a favorite I would be hard pressed to choose just ...more
Angelina
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Celebrations is a collection of cleverly written short stories that you can either savour by reading one story at a time or, like me, binge read all in one go. Whilst the stories are quick reads, none of them felt rushed and all left me wanting to jump straight into the next. KM Lowe is a talented author who never fails to create amazing stories that carry you away to share the journeys of her memorable characters. Each story in this collection has a different holiday feel to it and they all ...more
Mary Dean
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a fan of short story collections, this one has to my new favorite. It was unique and so cool. Not only did it have a collection of stories that pulled me in from start to finish. It also had a unique topic. These stories are about holidays celebrated in the UK. I live in The USA and I loved learning about another culture. But this isn't just some informative collection. This is also a collection of great romance stories. I loved each one. I highly suggest this collection. Readers will fall in ...more
Teri
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The perfect book to sit down to with a cup of coffee and a fire. This author is so good with emotions and connections and doing it all clean that I couldn't pass this up. The only thing wrong was this stories are too darn short. Each one will touch the coldest part of your heart and turn it all warm and fuzzy. And yeah I know it's a group of clean reads they are sexy and emotional and just what the doctor ordered. I am not a fan of insta love but this author makes me want to be and wants to make ...more
Cee Cee Houston
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was packed with tales of all the little holidays we like to celebrate here in the UK. The US has some, but not most. I especially loved the ‘Love Of Haggis’ short story, not the least because I love that most iconic of Scottish dishes.
The poem for ‘lauding’ the haggis made me smile. It’s been a weena years since I heard it spoken and it brought a lump to my throat thinking of my dad, who used to do the speech each year in our house.
The rest of the stories were equally as short, but
SaraLou
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Celebrations, is a collection of short stories about the various holidays that take part in the UK.

My favourites of them all was One Date - A Valentines Day Story and Christmas Promise, obviously a Christmasstory - read themand you'll see why.
I especially loved the song title at the start of the chapters - I listened to every song before starting that chapter. One of themwas even my wedding song.

If you're looking for quick romance reads, then Celebrationsis definitely for you. Perfect short
Diane
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Celebrations is a collection of short stories all a different celebration through out the year. They are all fab reads and great if you find yourself with a few minutes to have a quick read. Saying that it’s easy to get engrossed and find you just want to read just one more story before you stop. Some short stories I feel stop too soon without really being able to get into them, but Kelly has written these well and each celebration has a great story.
Donna Matthewman
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was perfect for the 10 minutes while I was stood outside the school waiting for my daughter, or to pick up whilst having my cup of tea in a morning. The stories inside are fantastically written and even though they are short they still pull you in (I sometimes find with short stories there isn’t much depth to them). I loved them all but I think my favourite has to be Mother’s Day.
I urge you all to go grab this book you won’t be disappointed.
Barbara
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a delightful collections of short stories. Each one depicting a romance set around holidays throughout the years. The author has given us a fun, flirty and charming look at couples, as they meet and have the romance of their life. From a friend visiting for a holiday, to a reporter looking for a story and finding a lot more, to a soldier far from home, etc. These short stories will warm you heart and keep you smiling throughout. 2 Thumbs Up for an endearing collection.
Wendy Porter
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing series of short stories that will leave you with a hot fuzzy feeling. As a Scottish woman i loved these short stories made me think of home and want home more. This fantastic short stories will have you wanting more and wanting to visit. Each story has its own meaning each of which will touch you. Ugg i feel like im repeating myself, but so worth it. Go enjoy read and explore a new author.
melanie allen
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an absolutely lovely romantic collection of short stories. Each story is different romantic and loving with HEA. I loved each story in the collection they are happy, loving, passionate stories that are easy to read. This collection will lighten up your evening. Fantastic truly enjoyed this collection by KM Lowe.
Lindsay
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an absolutely fantastic book of short stories based around holidays that we celebrate in Scotland. I enjoyed them all but most especially the story based around Mother's Day. It was so different and just a lovely story to read. I have to say that reading this actually makes me want to run away and live in a small, close knit community! Brilliant!
Reva Parks
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great collection of holiday (or Holy Day) romantic stories each one a gem sparkling with a happy ever after ending. I especially liked the St. Patrick Day Story! I volunteered this review after reading an ARC.
Hi'D's Book Hub
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Celebrations is a cute little collection of
stories, based on the different holiday's celebrated in the U.K. Since I'm not from there I really enjoyed reading about the different holidays. I loved each story and its characters!!
Stina Andersen
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Celebrations, a collection of novellas about celebrating love and family during the holidays!

I wish that some of the novellas could have been longer, because they were that great! All in all, Celebrations is filled with sweet, tender and heartwarming moments!
Jeannie
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful collection of short stories. I love reading about the U.K. and this has stories from each holiday in the U.K. I think the Love of Haggis was my favorite story. I read every one and loved them all.
Rubi
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. Short, sweet, to the point stories that taught me a bit about holidays celebrated in the UK. They all end in HEAs. The glossary at the beginning of the book helps a lot for someone like me who does not live in the UK. Recommend!
tania
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
love this collection of mini books

my fav has got to be st Patrick's day and the hunt is on. i loved all the stories but those too are by far my fav and would love to see both of them in full stories

yet another amazing book from km lowe and i am in love with the cover too
Pamela
Shelves: arcs, romance, ebooks
This is a collection short stories revolving around the holidays in the UK and some in the US. This is a great collection to keep you entertained and to be able to read before bed. I received a copy of this book via the author and am leaving a review.

• Wild Desire The Protectors Book 1
  • Animal Magnetism - The Protectors Book 2
  • Destination Passion (The Beach Reads Romance Series Book 2)
  • Kit (Carson Brothers, #1)
  • Pelvic Flaws
  • Just Neighbors (Blue Beech, #4)
  • Destination Redemption
  • Wrath (The Elite Seven, #3)
  • Stay with Me
  • Wrecked (Willow Creek Book 2)
  • Because He's Perfect
  • Finding Melodie
  • Confessions of a Klutz (Confessions, #1)
  • Hold Me (A Vibrations Novella, #2)
  • Eff This Diet
  • Innocence (Book #1)
  • Box of Hearts (Connor Ranch, #1)
  • Forgiven (Nash Brothers Book 2)