Start by marking “The Brightest Star (Bright and Crazy #1)” as Want to Read:
The Brightest Star (Bright and Crazy #1)

The Brightest Star

(Bright and Crazy #1)

An alternative cover edition for this ASIN can be found here.

What do you do when the person you love most gambles away your future?

It's a question Brighton Starling has been asking herself for two long years. She never wagered on him asking for another chance before she found the answer.

The biggest gamble Sebastian Figures took wasn't leaving--it was coming home.

He was wil
Published January 2019 by B. Cranford (first published July 13th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Brightest Star, please sign up.
B. Cranford Hopefully soon! I can't wait to share it <3…moreHopefully soon! I can't wait to share it <3(less)

Start your review of The Brightest Star (Bright and Crazy #1)
B. Cranford
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The Brightest Star has a GORGEOUS new cover and to celebrate, you can grab it for #99c! Not to mention, for the first time EVER, it's now available on ALL major e-retailers. Woot woot!

"Debut author B. Cranford completely mesmerized me with this heart-melting second chance romance." --New York Times Best Selling Author, Sawyer Bennett

I wrote this book, so if I can't give it five stars, then we have a problem...
I hope you enjoy reading the story of Brighton and Sebastian as much as I enjoyed writ
Jacqueline's Reads
Aug 07, 2017 marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku
DNF 67%

I’m not sure why I picked up The Brightest Star. Maybe I was just browsing Kindle Unlimited and I swooned over the cover. That’s the great thing about Kindle Unlimited, you never know what you are going to get.

The Brightest Star started off really well. I was loving it and it felt like a 5 star book to me. I was sucked into the betrayal, the romance and the pain between the two main characters.

I also love it when the Hero chases after the Heroine in the book. FUCKING LOVE IT. Nothing is
Melanie Moreland
This is a story of forgiveness. Coming to terms with the past, accepting the fact the person you love isn’t perfect, and allowing your heart to feel all the extremes of love. Joy, despair, elation, and pain.
A tender story, told in flashbacks, texts and present day—it is filled with gentle humor, and many smiles, with a few tears along the way.
Lauren Blakely
Excited to read this book!
Lia Riley
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aw, I loved this. I'm not a massive reviewer, but coming out of self-imposed hiding to sing the praises of The Brightest Star. Sebastian and Brighton are refreshing voices and there is just enough humor to balance out the gritty realness. Second chances are one of my major romance jams, and I love seeing a brilliant blogger take the leap to becoming a brilliant author. A true delight from a new author with tons of promise. ...more
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review

The Brightest Star is B. Cranford's first release and I definitely see a bright future in her writing career!

The book opens with Brighton Starling literally crashing into her ex/love of her life/the one that got away Sebastian Figures. They had a years-long relationship until it all came to a halt when he lost it all.

Brighton never stopped loving Sebastian and wants to forgive him but after their abrupt ending two years prior, she finds herself short on trust but wants to let him back in. Sebas
1.5 stars. This one started out strong but unfortunately quickly fizzled out.

What I liked:
1) The dual povs told in the third person.
2) The second chance trope.
3) Some of the funny movie references.
4) The author didn't string you along for half the book (or more) before revealing what the big reason was for the falling out between the MCs.
5) safety spoiler: (view spoiler)
Alex ♈
One of my quickest DNFs ever - after the 1st chapter.
How much embarrassment could they throw at the female protagonist?
She blushed, she fell and then she tucked her skirt in her panties...

I'm not a fan of making fan of a woman!!!
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shelly
I am a lover of falling in love. Ever addicted to butterflies in my belly and that ache in my heart as it wraps itself around stories and characters who are finding love, losing love, and rediscovering love all over again. And all these things are exactly what I found with Sebastian and Brighton – the latest captors of my heart - in The Brightest Star. A smart blend of heartache, humor, heat and sweetness, it’s the perfect kind of love story – the kind that grabs you from the unfortunate (but ra ...more
Nikki
I really enjoyed the beginning if this book but by 38% nothing had happened!! I was seriously bored of the presents and constant asking her out. I really wanted her to tell him to sling his hook!! Instead of buying silly present why didn't he offer a huge check to pay back the thousands he stole from her??
DNF'd I just couldn't get past what a mess he'd made of her life and no one helped her. She was worth ten of him!!!
Darlene Avery
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Brightest Star by B. Cranford is one of those books that sneaks up on you. You start turning the pages and all of a sudden you realize you are hooked.

Cranford lets this storyline unfold seamlessly. She finds a way to draw you into Brighton and Sebastian's lives and keeps you completely captivated until the very end.

Both of these characters are outstanding. I loved the way they both share their flaws and the willingness to fight for what's right for both of them.

"How do you let go of someth
Cyndi Becker
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Brightest Star is one of those reads that just has to be proclaimed as delightful. I found the characters utterly charming and the the writing exquisite. It's a story about trust, second chances and forgiveness that's driven by a unique premise. This appears to be the debut work of B. Cranford and I can see a long history and strong reader obsession forming. :-)

I'm not sure I've ever pulled for a couple as much as I did for Brighton and Sebastian. When the story opens, it's been 2 years sinc
Mari
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017reads, arcs
4.5 shining stars

I'm excited to read first forays into books and no less from someone whose blog I enjoy. I do love me a good second chance romance with the right amount of tenderness and feels. Brighton and Sebastian torn apart by things out of their hands. Earning trust back is not easy once broken. Sebastian wants a do over and to fix the wrongs. Brighton has always been his light that guided him home and this time he will make sure of it.

What I like about this book is how it tackled addictio
My Own Bookshelves
What happens when the man who took a gamble with your heart shows up at your Panera? The imprint he left on your heart still bears the very sharp grooves caused by his abrupt departure. Do you forgive him? Or shove that Italian down his throat?

That my reading buddies is what you get when you enter the world of Sebastian and Brighton in The Brightest Star. Second chance romance is my favorite trope, and from reading the synopsis I was 'all in'. Ms. Cranford keeps the reader engaged with all the
Konny
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Brightest Star by B. Cranford is a stand-alone second chance romance novel.
Meet Brighton Starling, after a really bad day, she runs into her ex-boyfriend. And now he stands there and wants her to listen to him.
Sebastian Figures wants her back, bad. She is his Brightest Star. But 3 years ago he gambled it all away, their future and her love.
How can someone come back from this ? Has Sebastian the chance of forgiveness and a second chance? Sometimes love alone is not enough.
The Brightest Star i
Kandy
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was off topic of what I have been reading as far as the second chance, trials, and over all substance. So that is what had me right from the start. It was clear what happened in the very beginning and I really liked how it was put together. There were tears shed, hope wished, and breath baited all while immersed in this story. A quick read, but one I will remember for a long while. B. Cranford has done a great job, and I sure hope to read more by this author.
E.S. Carter
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
B. Cranford nailed it with her debut!

You don't want to miss out on this poignant, emotional, realistic, and often humorous second chance romance. It hooked me from the first chapter.

"I am serious. Seriously in love with you."

*SWOON*
❤️Melanie G.
This was a great book about forgiveness, over coming addiction and learning to trust again. The ups and downs in this story keep you glued to the book. Just gotta love a story about second chances.
Jesey ~ Schmexy GIrl~
The Brightest Star is a wonderful debut book from new author B. Cranford. It’s a story about trust, second chances and finding your way home.

Brighton and Sebastian have been apart for two years. Seb did something unimaginable to break them apart. Brighton is forced to move on with her life with basically no notice, she has to start from scratch. Just when things are finally going well for Brighton, Seb walks back into her life.

But how do I forget? It was the hardest simple question she could ask
Whoo Gives A Hoot
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
I generously received this ARC from Give Me Books in exchange for an honest review...

This was a story not only about forgiveness, but about second chances. I have always been a fan of a second chance romance so I was super excited to get my hands on this one and let me just say that I was not disappointed! Learning that it is okay to love someone again, someone who has wronged you one too many times isn't easy, but I am so glad that these two
Tracy
The Brightest Star really is the brightest star. A beautiful debut from B. Cranford, it is a magnificent, hopeful story that just made me ache with feelings.

Sebastian left Brighton high and dry, and is fighting his way back. He is so romantic, he is working so hard to prove himself. The love story is in the little details, and the author nailed it. Brighton, I loved her. She made me feel, she made me chuckle. Full of strength and resolve, she's so real. I admired her empathy and tenacity.

The Br
Joyce
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How can you ever make amends for ruining a life and love? Sebastian isn’t sure, but he knows he has to try.
How do you ever forgive the man you loved for losing everything you hold dear? Brighton isn’t sure she should even try.
This is the story of their journey toward forgiveness, a story told through remembrances of a life and love shared. Can they forgive each other, and more importantly can they forgive themselves? In less capable hands, you might have started out hating Sebastian, but his r
Tiffany
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adored this book! It was the perfect blend of sweet, sexy, playful, and fun. There is something to be said about a book that has fun, even during the sexy times, which made me love it even more. It gave me all the feels!

"Their second chance was coming. And hopefully, the giddy, childish voice within her whispered, you soon will be, too."

This was a second chance romance, one of my fave types to read. We meet Brighton who I loved! She was snarky, sweet, and I really wanted to be her f
Kim
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Brightest Star is a beautiful love story about forgiveness and letting go of the past.

I truly enjoyed Bright and Sebastian. A true love story broken by Sebastian and his addiction to gambling. When he left Bright years ago after he failed her, Sebastian built his rehabilitation around making things right with her again. However, Bright is not in a place to trust Sebastian and doesn’t know if she can ever get back to that place.

The Brightest Star is a delicate story, told in flashbacks of si
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
Honestly, If I'd have known before I had said yes, I would have thrown away an awesome story, one I'm so pleased I didn't miss out on because of my own dislike for books written in the 3rd ! This book has shown me that I should take a chance a bit more ! And allow the words to captivate me, swallow me whole and weave their way in !

What a great DEBUT novel, from the moment I started to the moment I finished, I was captivated by the Love and second chances that Bright and Sebastian had.

I adore h
Kim  Brewing
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was drawn to this story because of it being a second chance.

We are not left in the dark about what happened between our couple. Brighton is not a weak character. She picked herself up, dusted herself off and got back to life. Was it perfect, no but it was hers. I appreciated that she didn't just jump into Seb's arms. She wanted to deal with everything she was feeling and it was a refreshing change. Sebastian made a huge mistake over 2 years ago and has been working on himself and atonement. Wh
Erin Lewis
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 star review of The Brightest Star by B.Cranford

This was the debut novel by new author B. Cranford and what a great way to start, I enjoyed the story and her writing style. The brightest Star is a second chance at love story, a genre I love..

A story about what happens in the past, how it molds you and how you come to terms with it and move forward. After devastating Brighton Starling by rejecting her Sebastian Figures realises he has made a massive mistake and wants to make amends. He wants to
Wit & Wonder Books
***ARC provided by author for an honest review***

I truly enjoyed the journey of Bright and Sebastian in B. Cranford’s debut novel The Brightest Star. Beautiful, enduring story about letting the past lie in the past and moving forward with forgiveness.

Learning to let love in again for the second time was something Bright Starling was having a hard time considering when it came to Sebastian Figures. He broke her heart, not just broke but ripped it apart, now he’s back wanting to make amends. Can
Heidi 1820
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With all the positive buzz surrounding this debut release from a new to me author, I couldn't wait to read it. These characters were easy to like and the story relatable to today's world. This author created a beautiful story about the vulnerability of second chances, trust and the redemption of love. I'll be looking forward to more from B. Cranford.
Highly recommend
« previous 1 3 4 next »
United By Romance: The Brightest Star 1 2 Sep 22, 2018 02:41PM

• The Devil's Tattoo: A Rock Star Romance
  • Every Step She Takes
  • Paused (Time Captive, #1)
  • Rewind (Time Captive, #2)
  • Bulletproof
  • His Abducted Bride (Across the Stars, #3)
  • The Magnolia Chronicles (Adventures In Dating, #1)
  • Protecting What's Mine
  • Tumble (Dogwood Lane, #1)
  • Never Let You Go (A Modern Fairytale #2)
  • Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)
  • Far Cry (Talbott's Cove, #3)
  • Before Girl (Vital Signs, #1)
  • The Boy Friend (Platonically Complicated, #1)
  • Rough Sketch (Talbott's Cove, #4)
  • Thresholds (The Walshes, #8)
  • Love & Ink
  • Stud in the Stacks (Girl Band #2)
B. Cranford is a proud Australian living in the USA, a lover of books, breadsticks and bed, and the mother of two children who are far too similar to their father for her liking. A lifelong reader, she dove into the romance genre on the recommendation of her best friend and hasn’t looked back since. Her debut novel, The Brightest Star, a second chance romance with (she hopes) heart and humor was r ...more

Bright and Crazy (2 books)
  • A Little Bit Crazy (Bright and Crazy #2)