Start by marking “A Love Most Worthy” as Want to Read:
A Love Most Worthy

A Love Most Worthy

She didn’t know which was colder, an Arctic winter or her new husband’s heart.

Hallie Russell believes life should be lived to the fullest. For that reason, she sails to the gold rush town of Nome, Alaska to take her cousin’s place as the mail-order bride of a respected shopkeeper. But when her aloof husband’s wedding-night announcement rocks her plans for their marriage,
Published February 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Love Most Worthy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Love Most Worthy

Start your review of A Love Most Worthy
A little simplistic, but a clean and sweet read. Decently developed for a novella length work.
Heidi Chiavaroli
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From endorsement:

A Love Most Worthy is filled with authentic characters, a marriage-of-convenience that tugged at my heart, and a lovely ending certain to satisfy fans of historical romance.
Julia
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Love Most Worthy by Sandra Ardoin is a delightful historical Christian romance set in 1900. It was a time of the gold rush. Miners flocked to the areas to get rich quick. Gold blinded them. True treasure is always found in people and not stuff.
The novel is about discovering our worth. Words spoken over us in the past, either by others or even ourselves do not define us. We need to know who we are in God.
There are themes of trust, forgiveness, letting go and new beginnings. Past hurts mean trus
Dawn Kinzer
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had the opportunity to read this historical romance in advance for review, and I LOVED it! This book is so well-written and engaging, I was completely immersed in the story—even while taking a long flight, surrounded by active children and crying babies!

Set in Alaska during the gold rush, the author’s vivid descriptions of the mining town and characters created a world easily imagined.

Hallie Russell, a mail-order bride, agrees to take her cousin’s place when she marries another man. With no e
Brittany
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Without a doubt, A Love Most Worthy is one of the best novellas I have ever read. The setting of Nome, Alaska is captivating. The characters are well-written and both Hallie and Rance have interesting backstories, leaving the reader hoping that they can overcome what is behind them and forge a future together.

I love the situation that Rance and Hallie find themselves in. There is great tension between these two characters as they live life in a marriage of convenience for the sake of Rance’s orp
Becky
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
A Love Most Worthy is a sweet marriage-of-convenience romance. At only 105 pages, it's a quick read, yet it also feels complete.

From the beginning, I loved Hallie, with her sweet care for Rance's nephews and her growing feelings for Rance. She was perhaps a bit foolish at times, but she never ceased being delightful. Rance was more difficult to like ... for almost the entire novella. Once his entire story came to light, I could understand why he was cautious regarding Hallie, but his coldness an
Patty Rude
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet novella

This is my first story by Sandra Ardoin. I read some good pre-release word about this book, and thought it might be worth my .99 cents=)
The quality of the writing was excellent, and who doesn't enjoy a good mail-order bride story?
Dana Michael
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute story

This is a Mail order bride story set during a gold rush in Nome Alaska. It was a cute and Sweet story.
Dora Hiers
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The hero’s angst in the first few lines drew me into this story immediately! Now a committed guardian of his two young nephews, Rance Preston waits on the beach for the mail order bride who would care for the youngsters while he manages the store. Romance isn’t part of his marriage agenda (You can read the book to find out why!) unlike the heroine who craves a proper family. The author did a fabulous job of showing the hero’s mixture of dread and acceptance and the heroine’s determination and gr ...more
A.M. Heath

What I Loved: I was immediately pulled in and sympathized with Hallie. She had such a sweet personality, but desperate to know that someone loved her. I was intrigued by the historical detail of panning for gold in Alaska and the life-like setting. Ardoin offers beautiful detail throughout the story, but in a way that doesn't put the plot on hold. The story itself was entertaining, and the spiritual message was beautifully handled. I appreciated the way Ardoin weaved scripture into the story in
Joan
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am impressed with this Christian romantic novella. I usually don't read novellas as I generally find them unrealistic or rushed. This one was great. The pacing of the story was very good. The characters were developed well and the plot was good.

The story is of the mail order bride variety. The location is Nome, Alaska at the end of the nineteenth century, during the gold rush. Rance needs a woman to care for his nephews after their parents died. Hallie arrives from Seattle to marry a man she d
Iola
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hallie Russell has arrived in Nome, Alaska, in the middle of the 1900 gold rush, to replace her cousin as a mail order bride. She’s marrying Rance Preston, who needs a wife to take care of his two orphaned nephews while he manages the family store. Rance doesn’t want a wife, something Hallie finds difficult to accept … especially once she starts developing feelings for Rance.

Its an intriguing premise in a fascinating time and place.
Personally, I love the concept of Alaska but I don’t think I’d c
Vibliophile
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A pleasant diversion

This was a sweet & interesting historical romance.

I docked a star because I got a little frustrated with the whole "I was betrayed by this woman/man therefore I can never trust another woman/man ever again" motif as I don't think it's quite psychologically accurate. Even when we're afraid to trust our own judgment because something horrible resulted from it.

Now thinking you don't deserve to be happy - survivor's guilt - is a real thing & the conflict would have worked bett
Rebecca Jordan
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In a Love Most Worthy, Sandra Ardoin creates a simple, yet complex and believable historical romance set in the Alaskan Gold Rush era. Unlike many novellas, Sandra gives adequate time in her mail order bride romance to the development of character and plot without rushing the story. I found myself caught up in her Alaskan descriptions as if I were seeing them firsthand. Her research is evident in the way she portrayed beliefs and actions of that era in history.

Sandra’s skill in showing the posi
Gail Johnson
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Hallie Russell shows up on the shores of Alaska, she is not what Rance Preston expected. Cue the mishaps and misunderstandings. But with a little help from the townsfolk and Rance's nephews, Rance and Hallie find new experiences and old traditions are the foundations of an exciting and everlasting relationship.
A Love Most Worthy is a novella of regrets and hope between two lost and lonely people. The author did an exceptional job drawing this reader inside the setting with the sights and so
Jill
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After drooling over the cover on Twitter, I had to purchase this gem. A Love Most Worthy is my first book by Sandra Ardoin and it certainly won’t be my last. This book was also my first mail-order bride story and I loved it. Historical romance isn’t normally my go to genre, but I got lost in the story and the gorgeous setting. The characters are well-developed and the combination of suspense and conflict kept me turning the pages.
Anneliese Dalaba
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rance needs a mother for his two nephews. With feelings of guilt and having been deceived by a former love, he wishes to marry in name only. Hallie takes her cousin’s place as Rance’s mail-order-bride. She hopes to finally have a family of her own.

This story is exciting because of its location in Alaska and the adventure of living there. It’s a page-turner because it moves along at a brisk pace. I loved Rance and Hallie and their adorable boys. This is a lovely romance.
Michele Benchouk
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Intriguing historical novella

This novella is set in Nome, Alaska during the gold rush years and provides a great deal of insight into what that life was like. The story is sweet and the "baggage" each character carries is understandable. The main players are relatable and who doesn't just love the little boys!
Betsy
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Heartfelt Tale of Forgiveness

I love the way this sweet and satisfying mail-order bride story dealt with issues of trust and forgiveness. Hallie and Rance each had their own internal struggles to overcome and I thought Ms. Ardoin did a fine job in weaving personal faith elements throughout the story. A novella well worth your time!
Caitlyn Santi
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful novella! I loved every minute of it and didn't want to stop reading! I was swept away into the setting of Nome, Alaska in the year 1900 and it reminded me a little bit of one of my favorite movies, North to Alaska!
I highly recommend this story!
Melissa Henderson
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Determination and strong help Hallie Russell make life decisions that will affect herself and those around her. From the details in the story to the characters, I enjoyed reading this story very much.
Shamekka
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Heartwarming

A lovely book to read and enjoy on a Sunday afternoon. While at time Rance’s attitude towards his wife frustrated me I still enjoyed the growing fondness between the two.
Christabelle
A cute, sweet read. I really enjoyed the characters and would love to know them better. I picked up this one initially looking for a book set in Alaska and enjoyed historical Nome. I'm interested in knowing what else this author has written. ...more
Charlotte Dance
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
The setting of Nome, Alaska was a treasure. A short but worthy book
Betty Middleton
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It kept me on the edge a must read

Because I enjoyed this book good .a short story to pass the afternoon away but able to finish all at once
Leonie Meyer
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely story.

Delightful to read. Love to see people put their trust in God and see his perfect plan for their lives.
Kathryn Steffen
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short but powerful. I absolutely loved this book :)
Judi
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really good book

The is book was really good, I enjoyed it so much. This is the first book by this author that I have read and I will be reading her other books as well. This book was Christian and clean.
Johnissia
May 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
Okay....

This book was okay. The story line felt kind of rushed. It didn’t really flow well for me. I like love stories that slowly unravel and show rather than tell us the characters are falling in love. That definitely did not happen here.
Alyssa
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another new to me author and another great find. I was a bit hesitant about this book as the premise was mainly about Rance and Hallie's story after they married. However, it definitely lent to a great plot. I loved seeing them truly fall in love and work on their marriage. As well, to see the love between the whole family was great since Rance was taking care of his two nephews. I loved seeing them all become a family and really love and trust one another. As well, the misunderstanding was a bi ...more

• A Reluctant Bride (The Bride Ships, #1)
  • The Hope of Azure Springs
  • The Spice King (Hope and Glory, #1)
  • A Bound Heart
  • At Love's Command (Hanger's Horsemen, #1)
  • Diamond in the Rough (American Heiresses, #2)
  • The Governess of Penwythe Hall (Cornwall, #1)
  • The King's Mercy
  • More Than Words Can Say (Patchwork Family, #2)
  • On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2)
  • Sweet on You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #3)
  • The Viscount and the Vicar's Daughter
  • The Bridge to Belle Island
  • Now and Then and Always (Maple Valley, #1)
  • A Return of Devotion (Haven Manor, #2)
  • An Uncommon Woman
  • Beauty and the Baron (Forever After Retellings, #1)
  • Brunch at Bittersweet Café (Supper Club #2)
Sandra Ardoin engages readers with page-turning stories of love and faith. Rarely out of reach of a book, she's also an armchair sports enthusiast, country music listener, and seldom says no to eating out.

Visit her at www.sandraardoin.com. Subscribe to receive updates and specials. Connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, Pinterest, and BookBub.

News & Interviews