Start by marking “Spelldriver (The Magic & Mixology Mystery #6)” as Want to Read:
Spelldriver (The Magic & Mixology Mystery #6)

Spelldriver

(The Magic In Mixology Mystery #6)

With a wedding on the horizon and her father tucked safely away in prison, the future is looking bright for Lily Locke. Unfortunately, life on The Isle is never calm for long… and when a Ranger is killed brutally in plain sight, Lily and her fiancé—the renowned Ranger X—find themselves hunting a murderer more ruthless than any they’ve ever encountered before.

However, unr
Published February 26th 2019 by LaManna Books

To ask other readers questions about Spelldriver, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spelldriver

Chrysta
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! I have loved this series from book one! This mystery has a lot of twist and I absolutely loved the new characters the Quilter! Loved how she would pop in at such random times and knew exactly what Lily needed! I can not wait until the next installment takes me back to the Isle!
Bookgyrl
There is much going on in this next installment. Lily is looking for a wedding dress while worrying about the magical contract she was forced to sign with her father (giving him her firstborn) and the death of a ranger upsets the Isle.

I noticed a couple of times I have forgotten some storylines from the earlier books. These books are not standalones, so I would advice starting with book 1.

Imaginative as ever and easy to read. Love this series.

Maggie
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindleunlimited
Simply fluff reading.
Amy Blasko
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best yet

Gina never fails to surprise and delight you! Lily and X are at it again with murder, deceit, love and family. Now I'm anxiously awaiting book 7!
Elisa
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Its always great to visit The Isle, catching up with Lily and RangerX was wonderful and I love how this series is growing I’m looking forward to much more.
Alyson Beard
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Can't wait for the next installment of the Lily & her family's story. As always there are unexpected twists & turns on her journey.
Barbara Hackel
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lily Locke and Ranger X are supposed to be planning a wedding, bu when a ranger is murdered on the main street with scads of people around, Lily can't resist helping the Rangers solve the mystery. She does have a totally different approach, and X is smart enough to know she is going to do it no matter what he says. She is also researching her mother because she is unwilling to believe she was an assassin for the Factiion. Meanwhile Poppy has fallen in love-with the vampire hunter who came to the ...more
Merry Chapman
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The most involved and best Mixology book yet! There are so many twists and turns together with some humor, you can't put it down once you begin! Lily, her cousins and aunts are helping her find the perfect wedding dress when a mysterious strange old woman hands her the perfect wedding dress while she is in the dressing room and then she disappears. Lily's grandmother said you just met The Quilter! And so begins the first mystery and then there is the murder of one of X's rangers. Added to that i ...more
Marsha
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Rangers take a hit in this episode of the Magic & Mixology saga. Lily is bound and determined to help even if she doesn't understand how things are happening like they are. There is a little bit of tension in her relationship. There is other family issues happening as well. A lot for someone to take in. You feel a little bad for the poor girl with everything going on in her life all at the same time. If you are not familiar with this series, you may have troubles following along with thi ...more
Frances
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great addition to the series!

Holy wow!
I don’t think this book could have had any more unseen twists and turns if Gina LaManna would have just placed the story right in the middle of a tornado!
I’m always excited to return to the island and the chaos that seems to come uninvited in Lily and Ranger X’s part of the world. Spelldriver did not disappoint!
I’m not sure what to say for fear of giving away spoilers.
So I’ll just say I was definitely surprised by the questions
Stephanie Smith
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This latest instalment in the Mixologist series, is yet another episode in this fantastical adventure on the hidden isle in the middle of Lake Superior. The adventure continues with Lily (the mixologist) and her fiancé X the head of isle Rangers. Whilst Lily’s dad May be in prison and there she is safe for now, that doesn’t mean that there isn’t magical trouble abound on the isle... and somehow that trouble always seems to find Lily.

This is an exciting and gripping magical adventure,
Shannon Benson
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best Guilty Pleasure Ever!

Ms. Lamanna has done it again. She has entertained, kept me on the edge of my seat and surprised me. My only gripe with this 5 star guilty pleasure is that I now have to wait for the next book in the series but I’m not a patient Islander!

If you are a fan of mystical or are looking for a book series to keep you guessing and entertained, look no further than the life of Lily Locke and her outrageously goofy family. I’d classify Lily as an upgraded mythical version of
Debi Paglia
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best Mixology yet!!! Gina LaManna is such a creative writer. Every intricate detail of this book is so well thought out. The flow of the story is so smooth and the story itself is so spellbinding that you won’t want to put it down, even when you finish reading it! If you like magical places, interesting people and a wonderful story, then you will need to read this book. The book can be read alone, but to get a fuller understanding of the main character, Lily, and how her background has lead ...more
Debby
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have loved the Mixologist series from the start, and was eagerly awaiting this new one. I was not disappointed! Have you read the series? No? Then I’d say if you like mysteries with a magical twist, you are in for a treat. If you have been reading along with Lacey and Ranger X, you will want this newest.

The story moves along and has lots of twists … I don’t like to quote plots, so just know that there is plenty of family, magic, questions, and some answers. Which all added up to a
Mary A. Muchowicz
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
A ranger is killed, a vampire Hunter escapes , and Lily's evil father is still a huge problem

Lily's powers as the mixologist have continued to grow. She helps solve the question of who really killed Ranger L, but her father manages an almost impossible escape although Lily helps capture Melissa who facilitated his escape. Now, will she able able to get married and protect her firstborn? I really enjoyed all 6 books in this series and can't wait for the release of the next book.
Audra
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good addition to the series

I have really enjoyed the Magic & Mixology series. They are entertaining and we'll written, and once I start one I can't put it down! This book had some of my least favorite parts. I loved the second half of the book, but the beginning had a few parts towards the beginning where Lily acted spoiled and out of character. I still enjoyed the story and the ending was well worth pushing through those short segments. Great beach read!
Dana
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once I read Book One, I was hooked. I whipped through Books One through Six and enjoyed every moment. This book has characters that I actually find myself thinking about throughout the day. To say that I enjoyed this series is an understatement. I NEED a book seven!!!

This series had a bit of Harry Potter, Twilight, Divergent and much more in it. It was a fun and exciting read. It was well written and it is my most favorite series that I have read in my adult years.

Theresa Everton Pulyer
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spell Driver and this entire cozy mystery series that mixes hocus pocus with crime-solving in a smart, witty, and slapstick manner. The writing is spot on with a well-developed fantasy world (a magical island invisible to humans) and complex, endearing characters. It is fast-paced and manages to keep even the most distracted person (me) focused on the story. This is one of my all-time favorite series! I would recommend starting from Book 1, Hex on the Beach.
Lois L Langham
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite in the series so far!!!

This series just keeps getting better and better. Lily has really grown and developed so much from her first day on the isle. I love the introduction of X’s family and can’t wait to see how that evolves . This book definitely leaves you anxiously awaiting the next book. I highly recommend. I love the Quilter and how that plays out . Fantastic book!!!!
Kai
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
Another good book. I’m loving this series. I can’t wait for Lily and X to get married, it their path is continuously plagued with set backs from her father.
It was interesting to learn more about her mother and I’m intrigued to find out what her father will do next after what just happened in this book.

Zin and Poppy are becoming lovely, fascinating characters in their own right and I’m still trying to work out Liam’s role in all of this!
Mary Pomerantz
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Island Magic

These days I like to read books that I can finish in an afternoon if I want to. I like light hearted books with a supernatural plot, a bit of romance and a touch of humor. This book satisfies on all counts. Gina La Manna is one of my favorite authors in this genre and The Magic and Mixology series is my favorite of the series she has written. I hope she keeps writing them as I need to find out what happens next!
Lisa Kimbrell
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love love love!!! This whole series is so intoxicating. Why is there not another book in this series yet?!?! I’m dying to know what is going to happen next. There was soooo much that happened, was revealed and so many unanswered questions in this last book. I must know what else is to come. I’m so hooked!
Stephanie Donahue
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
On my goodness! I just finished my ARC and I could not put it down! This has been my favorite book so far. The only problem with this book was I finished so quick and now have to wait for the next one! The characters in this series just continue to grow and surprise me at ever turn. Plus there’s a few surprises in store in Spelldriver. Way to go on another awesome read Gina!!
linda
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really love this series.

I look forward to every book in this series. The author has built a fun, magical world, with solid characters, making this a very enjoyable place to escape to. Thanks for doing the hard writing work, it is very much appreciated.
PS the Hex Files series is great also.
Laura Goodson
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic adventure with Lily Locke!

This is one of the best series I've ever read. With every book, you forget you're reading and are there in the story, which is always an original mystery and plot that you won't figure out until the end. If real magic exists, this author has it!
Brandy Barber
Shelves: witch-books
Couldn't stop reading

These books get better with each one. I love Lily and Ranger X. They have so many things get in the way and still find time for themselves. The whole family is sometimes more involved but they were there just enough. The cliff hanger end was something else. This story can go so many ways.
Emme
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wild ride. This book had so many twists, along with a lot of surprises. I enjoyed getting to see glimpses into Ranger X and Lily's families.

The quilter is achoot and I hope she appears in future books.

Definitely a series worth reading.

Requested an advanced copy from the author; all voluntary opinions are my own.
Erin Kelly
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lily Locke, the most competent mixologist The Isle has ever had, learns that she can always rely on family. In this book, she tries to solve the murder of a Ranger plus, trying to dodge gifts she doesn't want, and trying to pull her entire current and future family together. Lily is reminded that things aren't always as they seem.
Jeanie Jackson
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read, para-fan-uf, ku
A definite must for fans of the series and fans of the genre. I spent more time worrying about what happens next and about her dress than the immediate problems but it wasn't because the plot wasn't as excellent as always and better than some, it was because I care about them and those are the two biggies in their personal lives.
Robin Siota Breeding
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
All about family

This was another great book in the mixology series. This series has great characters and good story lines. It’s easy to get caught up in each story and while you think you’ve figured out the plot, you realize it’s not what you thought! Looking forward to the next book in the series.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Book #6, missing from series list 5 16 Jan 24, 2019 04:07PM
Originally from St. Paul, Minnesota, Gina LaManna has also called Italy and Los Angeles home. After studying numbers and equations in college, she realized multiple choice tests were “just not for her” and began writing books instead. She loves cappuccino foam and whipped cream and would subsist solely on sprinkles if possible. She currently lives in St. Paul with her wonderful husband and family.

The Magic In Mixology Mystery (6 books)
  • Hex on the Beach (The Magic & Mixology Mystery, #1)
  • Witchy Sour (The Magic & Mixology Mystery, #2)
  • Jinx and Tonic (The Magic & Mixology Mystery #3)
  • Long Isle Iced Tea (The Magic & Mixology Mystery #4)
  • Amuletto Kiss (The Magic & Mixology Mystery #5)
“only the victors wrote history.” 1 likes
“As somebody smarter and more famous than me had once said, only the victors wrote history.” 1 likes