Start by marking “My Perfect Brother-in-Law” as Want to Read:
My Perfect Brother-in-Law

My Perfect Brother-in-Law

Online dating by proxy. No one would know, right?

Zara isn't looking for love. She already has that covered—Nigel is her perfect husband. All she needs to do now is find the perfect man for her twin sister Emmy, too. To protect her sister (and surprise her), Zara throws herself into online dating with gusto.

Shawn Taylor, undercover detective, returns home on a private assig

To ask other readers questions about My Perfect Brother-in-Law, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Perfect Brother-in-Law

Yesha
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, humor
My Perfect Brother-in-Law was dramatic refreshing mix of romcom, little bit of suspense, and women’s fiction that revolved around Zara’s life, her love for her twin sister- Emmy and her quest of finding perfect brother-in-law. The book was about love, friendship, betrayal; being free from past, unfaithful relationship, and other people’s expectations; and about being yourself, living life on your own terms.

Characters-

Zara, 40-years-old married lady was living a happy married life, was perfect wi
Katharine Johnson
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun, fabulous romcom with a dark twist. I’ve enjoyed other books by this author but this is her best yet! It lifted my mood and I was glued until the end. It’s fast-paced with a warm, funny and resourceful main character whose well-intentioned scheme gets her into trouble. While following Zara through a succession of hopelessly inappropriate dates and seeing her cope with the difficulties thrown up by posing as her sister who for example is a brilliant dancer whereas she is a bad one, we’re gi ...more
Heidi Catherine
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Was this my perfect brother-in-law or my perfect book? Really enjoyed this hilarious romp through the lives of twin sisters Zara and Emmy. This isn't your usual romcom as there are moments of depth and intense emotion, as well as moments that had me laughing out loud. I really enjoyed the mystery component of the book and how it kept me guessing. There were just the right amount of clues dropped in the first half to have me curious about what was really going on behind the scenes. I found myself ...more
Anne
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zara and Emmy are identical twins. Zara seemingly has the perfect marriage and now wants to find love for her sister. Zara’s online dating attempts, posing as her sister, are disastrous and end up with some real laugh out loud, slapstick moments. Meanwhile, there is something more sinister going on, but Zara is oblivious to it all. An old flame reappears and just adds to the general mayhem.

A rom-com with a difference, this is a great light-hearted read with a few twists to keep you guessing. Wel
Beccy Thompson
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Absolutely brilliant, there really is no better description!
I loved this book, I genuinely laughed out loud. I loved the characters that Christina has created in this book. you can see the genuine affection and love that Zara has for her sister and her desire to find her a perfect man- tbh i expected more problems.

If you are looking for a romantic pick me up with a twist then this is the book for you
Suzanna Salter
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely fell in love with this book, the characters are believable. The story has so many twists and turns in it that it left me dizzy, but, not disappointed in the least! I laughed out loud, gasped in shock and shivered with anticipation. A real page turner and I highly recommend this book to anyone.
Richard Goodrum
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good tale. Many wonderful characters. Most of this story seems to be about the mid-life crisis which she is possibly going through. The real situation is only visible in glimpses until late in the book. I hope that you enjoy ferreting out the details as I have.

I received a copy of this book as a gift. I am leaving my honest review.
julie young
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Twins Emmy and Zara are identical but have very different lifestyles. Zara's decision to help her sister find love again takes her on a journey of comically, disastrous dates, betrayal a blast from the past and a change in circumstances she could never have predicted.
Debra Richardson
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading from this author and I must say I was highly entertained and I will definitely read more of her books. The storyline is amazing, interesting, and emotional. It is full of twists and turns, surprises, suspense, and humour. The story is well written, consistent, and flows smoothly. Definitely recommended.

Melissa
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rom-com with an unexpected dark twist.
While reading the plot I never expected what the author created.

Judy Munoz
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a review copy of this book from the author. I have never read anything by this author before and after reading the description of the book and the fact that it was touted as a laugh-out-loud rom-com, I was very excited to read it and so I volunteered to read a review copy. I love laugh-out-loud romantic comedies - some of my favourite books fall into this category. But now I have a dilemma - I’m not sure how to review this book. Because it is definitely not laugh-out-loud funny and it ...more
LMR
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers Over 18 Only Please
Recommended to LMR by: Cristina Hodgson & Booksprout
My Perfect Brother-in-Law by Cristina Hodgson My Perfect Brother-in-Law: Laugh out loud Romantic Comedy By: Cristina Hodgson
I Started A Quest For "My Perfect Brother-in-Law!" But, What I Got, I NEVER Woulda Dreamed Possible!
I've got a Plan to help My Sister MoveOne,
By going On Dates & finding "My Perfect Brother-in-Law!"
I'll DO the Screening for HER, we're Identical Twins after all...
But, somewhere along the way,
This Hilarious Dating shows Cracks in MY Own Marriage...
I didn't even Realize I had been Covering Up!
Then there's this Mys
Sheila Lee
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
2 1/2 stars
A seemingly perfect BIL is anything but perfect. Zara appears to be married to a perfect man but her twin sister Emmy believes differently. Emmy brings in an old friend to discover the truth and protect her sister. There are so many twists and turns in this story that honestly, I had no idea which direction the plot would take. While the writing was excellent, the sister characters were downright strange . For people supposedly close, Zara and Emmy held tight to their secrets. While t
Penny Ellgass
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I did not finish this book, I could not get interested in it. So at 25 percent I quit trying.
Zara is happily married, but her husband is gone a lot for work. Her sister was widowed 2 years ago so Zara is doing online dating to find her sister the perfect husband(when her husband is out of town).
Meanwhile a man from her past comes back after 20 years to protect her and just not my cup of tea.

Evonne Hutton
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Online dating sites to international crime.
The twists and turns of this second chance romance takes a detour to suspense with a prolonged stop in sibling territory.
And then came slapstick laughter!
Good characterization and somewhat different story line
Lisa
Feb 15, 2019
Nicola Farrington
Ilani K.wise
Feb 16, 2019
Cristina Hodgson, mother of two, born in Wimbledon, London, currently lives in southern Spain. Cristina had a long career in sport, reaching national and international level and still actively participates in Triathlon races and enjoys outdoor activities. In her spare time she also enjoys reading and writing. She won a sports scholarship to Boston College. After a period in Boston, she returned to ...more