Start by marking “The Summer of Chasing Dreams” as Want to Read:
The Summer of Chasing Dreams

The Summer of Chasing Dreams

A joyously romantic, feel-good summer read that will make you laugh, cry and fall in love. Eva Blue is about to go on a trip of a lifetime, but one adventure she didn't count on was falling in love...

Eva is quite content with her life in London. In her job as a cover designer, she works at home, and often in her cosy pyjamas. She's happy to stay in her safe little world an
Published March 29th 2019 (first published March 1st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Summer of Chasing Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Summer of Chasing Dreams

Dash fan
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5☆ Uplifting Rom Com Adventure I Couldn't Put Down!

The Summer of Chasing Dreams is an uplifting, heart warming read, that I couldn't put down!

The title pretty much sums this book up perfectly!
When Eva decides to set off on an adventure around the world, chasing her late mother's bucket list of dreams on her behalf, she never realised that making these magical memories might just change her life and potentially find love in the process.

Thor is Eva's travel guide, he is sexy, kind, thoughtful, pro
Nicola
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Gorgeous but rude hero? Named Thor? Why yes that’s enough to persuade me to part with my money.

description ...sunrises were a new beginning and the possibilities for the day ahead was always endless.”

Fresh, charming, funny, with beautiful destinations and so perfectly romantic, The Summer of Chasing Dreams brought everything I want from a summer read. Holly Martin created magic between two of the most loveable characters I’ve come across in the chick-lit world and this is hands down the best I’ve read fr
Irena
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Holly Martin is one author I always like to support. Her books are always uplifting, perfect to made a stormy day brighter, or sunny day even more shiny. In other words, they radiate happiness, and The Summer of Chasing Dreams was no exception.

The story follows Eva Blue (who’s name reminds me of Beyonce’s daughter) who, after her mother’s death, goes on an adventure to chase dreams her mother never had an opportunity to experience.
Her company is a tourist guide called Thor (and yes, that is his
Whispering Stories
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Eva had been clearing her mum’s house out after her death, her old family home, when she came across a letter addressed to her written by her mum Juliette when Eva was just a baby. Alongside the letter was a box filled with bucket list items that Juliette wanted to do but gave up trying when she fell pregnant with Eva.

Spurred on by the letter and the bucket list, plus the money she has been left in her mum’s will, Eva decides to take a trip around the world. She is safety conscious though and bo
Rachel Gilbey
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Without a doubt my favourite Holly Martin book of all time, and easily the best one she has written since One Hundred Proposals. This feels like vintage Holly Martin - a fabulous feel good factor, some incredibly romantic scenes and gestures, some wonderful creativity, had me laughing and smiling throughout and generally just wow.

As someone that loves travel, loves going on holiday and also loves reading books set around the world - what better for me than The Summer of Chasing Dreams that feat
Lisa M
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A lovely feel-good story that took in so many sights across the world, even though it was a fleeting visit to many countries it really hit the spot. So many wishes would have been on my list too and I loved reading about their adventures together. This couple had such chemistry!
Noriko
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
The summer of chasing dreams.
As the title suggests, this book offers a lot of fun, wonderful, mesmerizing adventures but if you think that’s about it, you couldn’t be more wrong.
This is a well-written, captivating book on love and chasing dreams and it cast a spell on me while I was reading it, literally from beginning to end.

Just like many of cover-lovers who tend to fall for cute covers with the word “Summer” spread across it, I picked up this book wanting to get myself in a summer-y mood. W
Joanne D'Arcy
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eva is a homebody, she works from home as a designer and has no need to interact with many people beyond her small group of friends and her aunt. She doesn't feel she needs to experience the world any further than her doorstep.

Her mother on the other hand was a free spirit and had a desire for adventure but she couldn't fulfill these dreams when she fell pregnant with Eva. Leaving behind a list when she dies, Eva makes the momentous decision to go to the places and do the things that she never g
Silke
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019, feel-good
A new book by Holly Martin, but something completely different… everybody knows how much I love Holly Martin. Love might even be underselling it, because I simply adore her books. But when she announced this new book I kind a got a little scared. It sounded like miles away from anything I was used from her. No quaint little villages in the English country site. No little cafes, no quirky villagers… It gave me nerves, I must confess that.

But I had to read it… because well… it’s Holly Martin. So
Steph Lawrence
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, chick-lit
An utterly gorgeous book, my favourite ever Holly Martin book! I loved it.
I loved the box of dreams that Eva found in her Mum’s attic. This spurred her on to take the plunge and get out of her cosy and comfortable life. To just go for it and plan this trip of a lifetime, to live some of her Mum’s dreams and throw in some of her own.
After a hitch in the plans with the trip organiser she embarks on her dream holiday with a different escort, Thor. A Danish god!! The sparks were there between them,
Rosina Ayling
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Summer of Chasing Dreams. This book was a pleasure to read and definitely made me want to travel the world! It’s uplifting, funny and I really liked the postcards Eva wrote to her mum throughout the book. The author must of done a lot of research on all the different countries, you could really imagine being there yourself! This book is the perfect holiday read and I really enjoyed it! “Find something you love, something you’re passionate about and do it. Life too short and we never know wha ...more
Charlotte (Escapades of a Bookworm)
The Summer of Chasing Dreams was a bundle of joy from start to finish. We follow sensible normal Eva who would normally put her money into savings account for a rainy day rather than spend it on the here and now.

But while clearing out her mum’s house she finds a treasure chest with all of her mum’s dreams. And suddenly she wants to travel the world and fulfil her mum’s dreams. And maybe a few of her own along the way.

It had a very similar feel to One Hundred Proposals. The fantastic locations, t
Karen Mace
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking for a way to take a trip around the world in the company of wonderful characters without having to move from your sofa, then you NEED this book in your life!! I've been utterly mesmerized by this book from start to finish .....and I may have fallen a little in love with Thor!! But more of him later!!

This is the story of Eva who is facing up to life without her mum. They were totally chalk and cheese in personalities - Eva is more than happy to stay indoors surrounded by what sh
Whitney

After her mom Juliette dies and Eva is clearing out her house, she finds a trunk full of slips of paper containing dreams her mom had but didn't get to achieve. Using money left to her from the will, Eva makes it her mission to reach all the dreams her mom had, traveling the world and checking them off one by one on postcards she addresses to her mom. She finds a travel agency that includes agents who will escort travelers to their various destinations, and an unfortunate incident leaves Eva stu

Kirsty Oughton
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Holly posted a tweet for help for people to read and review ‘The Summer of Chasing Dreams’ I just had to jump at the chance to help out and I’m absolutely over the moon I did. Thank you to Holly for the advanced copy of the book.

Where do I start on this beautiful adventurous story, I absolutely loved it! Eva wants to do all the adventures that her mother couldn’t fulfil and I commend Eva on her courage for doing this for her mother and for herself. So she jets off on an around the world tr
Megan
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Where do I start? This book was EVERYTHING! It was sweet, romantic, funny and real. A story of overcoming obstacles, mending and discovering new things. Beautifully told and sexy as hell!

Eva Blue embarks on a journey unlike anything she could have imagined for herself... with Thor throwing a huge hammer in the works. They sure do get off to a rocky start but their attraction is undeniable. Their connection only grows as they discover the world and themselves.

This book was inspiring, it made
Katie
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Needing a cute, sweet, romantic story to help you face the end of summer with strength? Then this is one you should for sure pick up! I read this one while on vacation in Europe, so I definitely had the travel bug!

Eva leads a quiet life, nothing to out of the ordinary and that is the way she likes it. However, upon her mother’s death, she discovers that her mother had a passion for travel and adventure, which was put on the back burner while she raised Eva. Wanting to honor her mother she sets
Kate’s Book Spot
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had already read (and very much enjoyed) a couple of Christmas books by this author so I was excited to get stuck into her latest book which sounded like quite an adventure.

For me, something that always stands out about Holly’s writing style is how real it feels. I genuinely felt like I was chatting to an old friend even though Eva was a new character to me and I’d only just started reading. I felt her loss straight away, a cutting loss that left her unsure about her place in the world.

I found
Anitajt
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No, no, no! This is a story I never wanted to end.
Eva loved her mum and after finding a box full of her mums dreams, she decides to go on an adventure to carry them out for her but is she really doing it for her mum or for herself?
I absolutely loved this book, the characters, the adventures, the romance.
The way the author portrays the two main characters gives an amazingly real texture to the story so much so, that I truly believed I was Eva experiencing her ‘waking up to the world’ adventures
Melanie’s reads
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I loved this book.

Eva (like me) spends her life in pyjamas and is content with her little existence.
Relatable character, tick. In fact this ticks all the boxes if you like a story that's easy to read with romance and moments that make you smile, laugh and even blush a little.

I thought Isaac from Spring at Blueberry Bay was how a book hero should be written but then along came Thor.

I highly recommend you read it so you can fall in love with him as much as I did.
Alison Winter
Apr 23, 2019 rated it liked it
As with all Holly Martin books they are a fun and easy read and this one wasn't any different. BUT I really enjoyed reading her description of the places Eva and Thor visited but found the story itself a little bit dull and really not as entertaining as other books. Holly Martin is still one of my favourite authors and I've tried really hard to get into the story but I was a bit disappointed.
Vickie Richens
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book as I have enjoyed all of her books
Elaine
‘The Summer of Chasing Dreams’ by Holly Martin is amazing! What a wonderful world tour, evocative of places I’ve visited and adding others to my dream destinations. Fabulous romance, too, with great characters and plot. It is a story to escape into, one to show how someone followed their mother's dreams and created ones for herself in future, a story full of travel, hope, humour and love.

Eva Blue is a wary traveller and employs a more seasoned and confident companion to accompany and guide her
Tina Tacey
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once I picked this book up, I couldn’t put it down and I finished it in one night. Within a couple of hours; which is impressive, even for me. It is a truly uplifting, romantic and beautiful read and so inspiring. Reading at home in bed, my first thought was how much I wanted to get up the next day and start exploring the world.

Everything about this book, from the beautifully written landscapes and adventures, to the amazing characters is wonderfully well written and makes me crave for an adven
Julie Morris
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to tell you that I am a massive fan of Holly's writing. When you pick up one of her books, you know exactly what you are going to get - a light, heart-warming, fun, romantic read with a picture perfect setting and characters that you can't help but fall in love with. They are the perfect pick-me up for dreary days or when you want something cute to read on your sun lounger and she never fails to deliver.

Now we have established that I am a huge fan, I have to say that this book exceeded ev
Joanne
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holly Martin seems to have a knack at writing books that just draw you in and instantly like her characters. The Summer of Chasing Dreams was no exception. Eva Blue is looking through her late mother's possessions when she comes across a box containing dreams her mother hoped to achieve during her life. They were written before Eva was born and Juliette became a single mum. Juliette was a vivacious and outgoing person but being a single parent put paid to her dreams of travelling the world. Eva, ...more
Hannah Clarke (Love Books Actually)
Holly Martin is becoming one of my favourite authors, you just know you're in for a treat when you pick up one of her books. The cover for 'The Summer of Chasing Dreams' is beautiful and inviting so naturally I jumped at the chance to read this when I was offered an early preview. Thank you Holly!

I really loved the character Eva Blue, shying away from adventure Eva prefers to be in the comfort of her home snuggled in her pyjamas rather than jet setting around the globe. At the time we meet Eva s
Fabulous Book Fiend
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well I've said it before and I'll say it again, Holly Martin knows how to write some slow burn romances ending in some decent sex scenes! I love that about her writing and in this novel we have some added travel plans to enjoy along the way as well. Who wouldn't want to spend a book travelling the world with a main character and her travel expert companion? Great plot!

Eva Blue was an interesting character because she does go on a big journey over the course of this book, both metaphorically as w
Maryline M's Bookshelf
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Where to even begin. Love love LOVED this book. Holly Martin wrote thé must read novel for this summer. It's an absolute gem.

We meet our main character, Eva, when she's about to start crossing off some outrageous things on someone else's bucket list. Original to say the least, as a reader you're already set for journey full of unexpected twists and turns. Eva is a very easy to love character who feels like a friend, or at least very familiar from the start.

And then there's Thor. Pfew. Now I'm d
Kerry https://likeherdingcatsblog.wordpress.com Robinson
When Eva is clearing out her late mother's house she comes across a box filled with unfulfilled dreams her mother had written as a young adult.  Eva has lived a fairly quiet life by comparison and she decides to use her inheritance to pay for the trip of a lifetime and use the opportunity to fulfil her mother's dreams.

Being sensible and cautious, Eva books her trip using a company that provide tour escorts.  Unfortunately her chosen escort is unable to accompany her and she is lumbered with the
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Holly lives in a little white cottage by the sea. She studied media at university which led to a very glitzy career as a hotel receptionist followed by a even more glamorous two years working in a bank. The moment that one of her colleagues received the much coveted carriage clock for fifteen years’ service was the moment when she knew she had to escape. She quit her job and returned to university ...more
“Find something you love, something you’re passionate about and do it. Life is too short and we never know what is around the next corner so be silly and wild and wacky and never fear what people will think of you. Those that judge you will not be important to you and those that are important to you will be silly right along with you.” 0 likes
“Be kind, be hopeful, never stop learning, read everything. Be brave and chase those dreams.” 0 likes