Start by marking “Fired Up (Fever Falls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fired Up (Fever Falls, #1)

Fired Up

(Fever Falls #1)

ASHTON
If there’s one thing I know, it’s how to play the game…both on and off the field. If it hadn’t been for that one teenage slipup where I kissed Beau Campbell, I’d be able to keep fooling myself. Football is the one thing I use to distract myself from the truth, and when I screw-up and lose the game I love, I find myself right back in Fever Falls. And right back face-
Published January 2nd 2019 by Riley Hart

To ask other readers questions about Fired Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fired Up

Nazanin
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, m-m
Eugenia
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, on-ku
Fun and Sexy!

This was fun, if simple. It went kinda like this:

Hot virgin sex
Oh crap, what just happened?!
More sexy sex
I love you
Sex sex sex
Conflict stuff
HEA mushy as hell ;)
Gigi
Shelves: mm-firefighters
This was a sweet love story. Very romantic and I loved Beau’s brother Kenny.

The next book was written by Devon and it’s titled #burn. Linc’s story? Coming Feb. 8.
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This book was not a total win for me, which is a surprise since I love firemen, the friends/frenemies-to-lovers trope, Riley Hart's writing, small town settings, and also firemen.

Did I mention firemen?

So why 3 stars?

For one, I never fell for Ashton. His internalized homophobia and denial were too much. He acted like a big jock.

Ashton and Beau's interactions were very dude-bro and didn't strike me as romantic.

Also, while I really like stories that showcase diversity, including disabled MCs, B
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
Feb 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
3.5 stars. I almost rounded up for Ash’s Instagram post. It was that good. Alas, the book itself wasn't quite that good for me.

One of my first m/m reads was Crossroads (which reminds me that I’m sooo behind on rating books from "life before Goodreads”). Like Crossroads, Fired Up is sweet and sexy. Professional football player Ash returns to his hometown after his off-field antics hurt his on-field prospects. He encounters Beau, a firefighter who was his high school teammate - and first kiss (but
Rachel Emily
My first read of 2019 and WOW, what a TOTAL winner! Riley Hart kicks off a new series set in the town of Fever Falls, where we will get stories that alternate between her and Devon McCormack.

I loved Cranky Campbell and Cocky Carmichael! They had a bit of a "frienemies" relationship growing up together as kids being on the same high school football team, and their first kiss as teenagers was what caused Beau to realize he is gay. After Ash left town and went pro, Beau kept up with Ash's professio
Claude
BEAU
This guy is amazing!!!! I mean I don't know (or I know but I just don't want admit it to myself) if in his shoes I would have taken the same decisions. He has somehow sacrificed a "possible" great career to take care of his mother and his brother who has Trisomy 21 ( Kenny is an amazing character. Just read this book to meet him.). And he never regretted it. Not a single day. No bitterness, just infinite love for his family. His plans for the future changed, he had to adapt and mana
April
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet read!

I really enjoyed this story.
This couple is perfect for each other! Ashton was fun and hilarious while Beau was protective and strong. I liked that the author gave Kenny the brother such a big part in the story as well, if you’re looking for a fun and fast read definitely check this book out.
.Lili.
Fired Up by Riley Hart was a fun and sexy read, but it wasn't a total home run.

Likes:

-Dual POVs
-Nice relationship development
-Beau's family
-Small town
-Frenemies to lovers
-Low angst
-And a sweet HEA.

BUT

Their inner monologues were repetitive and drove me a bit batty. I found myself thinking: YOU ALREADY THOUGHT/SAID THAT! Lol Maybe it wasn't even bad, but they irked me, especially Ashton's internalized homophobia.

All in all, it was an enjoyable read and do recommend it.

3.5 Stars
Elsa Bravante
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Riley Hart tiene libros que me encantan y otros que después de tanto entornar los ojos siento que se me van a salir de las cuencas. No soy nada fan de los pueblos inventados con miles de personajes gays así que mis expectativas no eran muy altas, pero el libro ha sido una sorpresa agradable. Historia de amor entre antiguos enemigos/amigos después de reencontrarse, uno siendo bombero y el otro jugador de football americano (¿quién da más?), momentos muy sexys, pero otros también muy tiernos.
Puro
Sanaa Z.
4.5 stars.

Riley Hart's books are something I've been a fan of for quite a while. So I was really excited to read this book when I read the blurb and that cover. Damn. I wouldn't mind staring at that for a while.

I read this book and everything about it made me happy. I loved the relationship between Beau and Ash. The chemistry was there and their interactions made me smile and swoon. I loved how Beau was with the people he cares about, especially his brother Kenny.

We were introduced to some
Makhda
I don't really like fuck buddy plot. And this book screamed fuck buddy. Thank goodness, from the beginning I realized they do have feelings with each other, they just don't know about it. Hey, I'm a woman. I'm all about feelings. Although I kind of hate when Beau gave too many leeways with Ash but I tried to understand. It's his character after all. I enjoyed this book a lot. :)
N.M. Pratt
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is Riley at her best.

The first m/m romance I ever read was Collide by Riley Hart. That one book opened a whole new world for me. Since then, I’ve enjoyed Riley’s books but not as much as I enjoyed Fired Up.

Both characters were well developed, and their growth and history helped make their story that much more believable. The storyline didn’t feel rushed and the supporting characters-especially Beau’s brother Kenny-really made this book shine.

A little bit sexy and filled with a whole lot
David Alexander
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hart
~5 Stars
Cadiva
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fantastic second chance romance from Riley Hart

One of Riley's best lighter subject romances and a real treat to kick off this new series.

I love second chance romances and this had all the ingredients to create a super sweet relationship with just enough angst to prevent it becoming sickly.

Both Beau and Ash were lovingly crafted characters and I loved how they moved from friendship into something more and then to love.

I also loved Kenny and the little peeks of insight from his journal as chapter
Elsbeth

*3.5 stars*

I hoped I would've loved it more. The premise was great. An ex-football player coming home, confronted with his teen-attraction-or-not and a fireman....
I loved Beau. I needed some more time to warm up to Ash. Ash was a bit full of himself. A lot was just his armor but evenso it was tiresome.

I was happy for Ash though when he finally let himself living his trueself.

"Like of Love?"

"Because like is just okay. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with just being okay. You should love who I am."

JenMcJ
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. The tormented, closeted sports figure is somewhat overdone so it's hard for an author to do something that feels fresh or unique or even relevant now. But Riley Hart has such a deft hand at building characters, revealing motivation to the reader and the character and surrounding them with believable friends and family that this had a fresh feel even though I wasn't a big fan of the ending. i am a fan of the sex scenes, though.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book.
haletostilinski
I absolutely loved this book. Sometimes Hart's books aren't a win for me, sometime's they're good but not amazing - but sometimes she really pulls out amazing ones, and this is one of them.

Beau and Ash had chemistry from the get go, their story was intriguing, and Ash's character didn't feel like just another character in the closet. I mean even though there doesn't seem to be a reason for his fear of being out and admitting he's gay - we don't learn much about his parents - it could just be th
Chris
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
4.5 stars for Beau & Ash. I loved these guys, their angst, their loyalty and their joy. While Ash took a long time to finally accept he was gay, Beau managed to care for his family, build a career and secretly pine for Ash. Ash hid behind the macho football world and alcohol to avoid feeling anything ... but Beau didn’t fall for that and called him in it ! This book really made me smile ❤ ...more
Stellaria
4 stars!

I started reading this book because of two things - the author (Riley Hart) and the blurb. who can deny reading a story about an athlete and a fireman, right?

Since 'Crossroads' is one of my favorites I keep wishing there would be a book similar to that. Riley Hart is a very talented author and I enjoy her writing very much. she knows how to deliver an interesting story.

The beginning was strong and I thought Beau was an amazing character. I especially liked the slow-burn and chemistry bu
Caroline
5 Stars

This is such a sweet story, I loved Beau! He is such a sweetheart with a HUGE heart. The way Beau just always was there for Ashton and just kept being patient even when Ashton really took his time opening his eyes and heart was just beautiful.

I loved how even if you just kept hearing about Ashton as this playboy who acted like a spoiled child and was just a full-blown bad boy, you never ended up feeling that towards him. He had this huge vulnerable side to him that just made you want to
Judy
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jpr, m-m
I love, love, loved this book!!!!
Alex
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
3/4
Carra
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have this thing I do when it comes to movies or TV shows I love where I’ll say “that’s a keeper”, and what I mean is that I’ll be buying it on DVD so I’ll have a permanent, physical copy on my shelf. I do the same thing with ebooks—if one is a keeper, the paperback of it (usually a signed copy) winds up on my bookshelf. I have one full shelf in my home library that is filled with Riley Hart’s books…and Fired Up is another shining example of why I have so many keepers by this author, and yes th ...more
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
3.75 Stars

This story was a mixture between second chances and an enemies to lovers story. I’m going to spoil Ashton’s sexual orientation, so if you want to keep guessing throughout the story, read no further. Ash is gay, I thought this was a GFY, because Ash was so adamant that he is straight, but he’s actually gay, so this is more of an OFY, and that’s all fine and good, but what didn’t work for me is that with all the internal dialogue in this story he never once mentions it until he is ready
Cory
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is weird for me as I think one of the main reasons I liked this book is that I loved the relationship between Beau and Kenny as well as Ash and Kenny. Those were my favorite parts of the story. Although I did like the banter between Ash/Beau and Beau/Lincoln as well. A fun read!
Books on Stereo
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Fired Up is an amalgamation of other romance novels resulting in a book that is not bad, but not good.
Aeren
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bastante bien.
Cherry Bob*omb
Feb 07, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a sweet romance about a closeted football player, Ash, coming to terms with his sexuality when he returns to his home town and former friend/ only guy he ever kissed, Beau "Cranky" Campbell. The chemistry and build up of their relationship is well handled. It was well-written and I would read another book by the author, but I tired of it at times as it was so focused on Ash's sexuality that other aspects of his personality and life didn't feature. Beau's perspective was also largely abo ...more
Mateo
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good story with a little bit of fun, a little bit of drama and the hallmarks touch.
  • Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
  • Lucky (Lucky #1)
  • Code Red
  • A Chosen Man (The Men of Halfway House, #6)
  • Grey's Hidden Fire (Firehouse Six, #1)
  • Campy (Ballsy Boys #4)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • Take Down (Open Wounds #2)
  • 911
  • Point of Contact
  • Edge of Forever
  • Heat (Firefighters, #1)
  • Playing for Keeps (Unshakable, #1)
  • Rough Trade (Woodbury Boys #3)
  • A Fragile Love
  • Breakaway (Scoring Chances, #1)
  • Something About Jace (Pineapple Grove #1)
  • Blended Whiskey (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #4.5)
Riley Hart is the girl who wears her heart on her sleeve. She's a hopeless romantic. A lover of sexy stories, passionate men, and writing about all the trouble they can get into together. If she's not writing, you'll probably find her reading.

Riley lives in California with her awesome family, who she is thankful for everyday.

Fever Falls (2 books)