Start by marking “Foxglove Farm (Love Heart Lane, #2)” as Want to Read:
Foxglove Farm (Love Heart Lane, #2)

Foxglove Farm

(Love Heart Lane #2)

Return to Love Heart Lane for friendship, romance and a community who will be be there for you no matter what…

Isla and Drew Allaway appear to have the perfect life – a strong marriage, two beautiful children and their picture-perfect home, Foxglove Farm.

But, new mum Isla is struggling.  She loves her little family but with Drew working all hours on the farm, Isla’s lonely

Published June 28th 2019 by HarperImpulse

To ask other readers questions about Foxglove Farm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Foxglove Farm

Start your review of Foxglove Farm (Love Heart Lane, #2)
Berit☀️✨
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
First of all I want a baby alpaca! Such a heartwarming and heartbreaking story A real and raw look at marriage. I am such a sucker for a small town story especially when it’s set in the UK! This is the second book in the Love Heart Lane series and it was absolutely full of heart! Christie Barlow has a way of making her characters pop off the pages. She completely draws you in with her words and won’t let you go until the final page of the book. By the end of the book I felt as though I was frien ...more
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

I’m absolutely telling you my seventy-year-old gran is on Tinder and probably has a more active sex life than all of us put together…

‘I’ve got a match,’ squealed Rona. ‘Oh my … he’s got no teeth and looks like he would be better fitted in a police line-up … look!’ ‘I told you, you were swiping the wrong way … let’s have a look,’ chuckled Martha. ‘He’s not too bad, maybe a little overweight, bald and probably has his own teeth – well, the ones he has … well worth a date, I say.’

M
Danielle's
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I really like this Author and was totally sold on Love heart lane (I have the first book on my shelf ready to read).

I had mixed feelings about Foxglove farm. It’s written beautifully and all the characters are what I would expect from this town I’ve come to love. My problem with this book is it’s not what I would class as a romance. The conflict is money between a married couple.

Drew hasn’t told his wife the farm is struggling instead he’s struggling to deal with the emotions of the burden. Is
Zoe
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Inspiring, heartwarming, and sweet!

Foxglove Farm is an emotive, charming story that takes us to the quaint English countryside and into the lives of Isla and Drew Allaway who after years of marriage find themselves drifting apart and struggling to keep both their farm and their relationship afloat.

The writing is sincere and light. The characters are genuine, hardworking, and supportive. And the plot is a touching, dramatic tale about life, love, family, friendship, community, taking chances, sta
Cathy Ryan
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Although this is book two, it reads perfectly well as a stand alone concentrating on Drew and Isla with appearances from the characters we became familiar with in Love Heart Lane.

Isla thought she and Drew had the perfect marriage. Recently, completely out of character for him, Drew seemed to be withdrawn and short tempered most of the time, blaming whatever is bothering him on Isla. She knew how hard Drew worked, running the farm, but with a young child at school and a three month old baby, Isla
Mackey
Foxglove Farm is meant to be a sweet romance. I suppose that it is - to a point. Isla and Drew are experiencing marital problems and Isla is unaware of exactly why. The man she loves is suddenly withdrawn and sullen but refuses to tell Isla why or what might be wrong. When a birthday surprise blows up in her face, she flees with her infant until she can sort out what to do. The fact is that they are having financial difficulties which Drew has not share with Isla. He is depressed and angry at no ...more
Nicola Clough
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My word I have read this book so quickly as simply brilliant the first one in the series love heart lane was good and was lovely to go back but hear more about someone else from the village. It's full of romance and heartbreak with secrets and families and can the community pull together to support everyone. It's such a heartwarming read and now want to start the next one in the series. Worth far more than five stars as fantastic.
This book is based on Isla and Drew and they live on the farm and
Stacey
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to follow but for now - wow! I can’t believe how good this book was!!
Frenchorchidea
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
oh wow!!!!!! i loved this second part of this series so so so much! First of all, it's very well written and then this book is a page-turner! you just can't stop reading! There is a lot of suspens, you want to know what's going on and what will happen. It's almost like a thriller at some point! It's so so good! I can only warmly recommend this book by Christie Barlow! She is a fabulous women's fiction author!!!!
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Foxglove Farm is the second book in the Love Heart Lane series but reads easily as a standalone as it focuses on a different set of characters.

It was great to return back as I fell in love with the characters and fabulous setting in the first book so was very much looking forward to catching up with the characters again. What I love about books like this one, is that we get to keep up to date with the characters we met and loved in the previous book but get to know characters that were more in t
Andi
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think that the best thing about Christie's books are they are just so easy to read and envelope you as a reader into an idyllic place. Yes they have their issues and yes things don't always go smoothly, but I love the atmosphere of the village that they live in and the amazing friendship groups.

Roll on the next instalment!

Thanks to NetGalley, Christie Barlow and Harper Impulse for the opportunity to read and review this lovely book.
Noriko
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring, heart-warming, and a surprisingly emotional read that's hidden beneath the pretty cover. This book far exceeded my expectation with flying colors, it was such an entertaining, satisfying experience to read this book!

Although this is the second book in the Love Heart Lane series, this is perfectly readable as a standalone. I did have some issues with this one especially in the beginning which I'll mention shortly, but you'd have no problem picking up this book and diving right into it.
Lisa M
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I whizzed through this gem in a day! A follow-on from one of my favourite books in recent months - Love Heart Lane - I was delighted to return to their community again and the spirit of the village remained in abundance.

The focus here was on Isla and Drew of Foxglove Farm but it was nice to be reunited with the whole cast of characters, and some new faces, from the last story. Drew's farm has plummeted into financial troubles which he hides from Isla until the unthinkable happens and so all is e
Rachel Gilbey
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think anything was going to be able top Love Heart Lane in my Christie Barlow greatest hits list.. but it feels like Foxglove Farm has done exactly that.

It was wonderful being back in Heartcross amongst familiar faces, and although Felicity and Fergus are present, this time the focus of the book is on Felicity's best friend Isla and Drew. They live on Foxglove Farm and based on the arguments we are greeted with, things aren't going too well.

However it takes a while for the reader and
Silke
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit, feel-good
I was really looking forward to dream away on the Foxglove Farm, but I have to say that my trip to Love Heart Lane was a little disappointing.

Foxglove Farm is the second instalment of the Love Heart Lane series, but it can be read as a stand-alone without any further problem. I haven’t read the first book in the series either, but that is not really a problem. Of course you feel that you miss a little background story, but I think most of the details were filled in by the author. Ideal for new
Els
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in the series, but don’t let this put you off if you have not read the first one! It can easily be read as a standalone because even though we reconnect with people from the previous book, the story focuses on other characters.

Ok, it’s true you miss some background information but once you have finished this one, you will run to the bookstore and buy the first part as well.

If you love reading stories about those little close knit communities, then you will be in for a treat. I for
Hannah Clarke (Love Books Actually)
I am soooo happy to be back in wonderful Heartcross with the gorgeous people of Love Heart Lane including some new characters too. Although this time the story is focused on Foxglove Farm specifically Isla and Drew. Now if you have read Love Heart Lane you will be familiar with the farm and the wonderful couple that live there but don’t worry if you haven’t, this can easily be read as a stand-alone! Christie's writing is superb, whether you are an old friend to the series or a newbie Christie ha ...more
Dee-Cee  It's all about the books
This is my first venture into Love Heart Lane and Foxglove Farm was a perfect introduction. Although it’s the second book in the series it can easily be read as a stand-alone and at no point through the book did I feel like I had missed out with not having read Love Heart Lane first. I will be catching up though as I enjoyed this book so much, I have to see what I’ve missed.
Isla and Drew Allaway live at Foxglove Farm, they’ve been together years and with two gorgeous children they seem to have a
Emma Crowley
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
My second visit to the village of Heartcross in the Scottish Highands was just as memorable and brilliant as my first. Christie Barlow really is on to a winner with this series and long may we have many books to come which are set in this special village where community, friendship, family and support mean absolutely everything. Foxglove Farm was one of my most anticipated reads for this summer every since I finished the brilliant Love Heart Lane back in January. I had such high expectations for ...more
Clair
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
I absolutely loved the first book in this series, Love Heart Lane so I was super excited to read Foxglove Farm and get back to the inhabitants of Heartcross.

Whilst Love Heart Lane focused on Felicity and Fergus, Foxglove Farm is centred around Isla and Drew who live at the farm. This book picks up a few months after the last book therefore Isla and Drew are now parents to two boys, Finn and Angus following Angus’s arrival at the end of Love Heart Lane. However things are far from rosy at the fa
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019

It’s great to be back with book two of the Love Heart Lane series, this time focusing on Isla and Drew. It reads perfectly well as a standalone, but I really do recommend you read the first one, I mean why miss out!

With certain authors, I read their books without checking out the blurb. I feel if I’ve loved one of their books I should generally love them all and Ms Barlow is one of them. Even when I started Foxglove Farm, I had no clue what it was about and from the opening pages I was hooked an
Anne
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I very rarely follow a series of books, but was really looking forward to seeing how life had moved on for the characters I’d taken to my heart. But I did particularly like the fact that my enjoyment didn’t depend on my remembering the events of the earlier book: this one is entirely self-contained, following different characters but with all the other familiar ones in supporting roles.

It’s a surprisingly emotional story – a marriage in a state of disintegration, every attempt to mend it only ma
Elaine
Love Heart Lane is a community in Heartcross which has its residents at the centre of everything. This is another endearing story of this community, with great characters, secrets, shocks, accidents and surprises in a delightful page turner. Mind you, I wouldn’t expect anything less from this talented author!

This is a story where striving to solve things on your own proves so wrong. It is only when others are aware of your problems that they can help! However, sometimes you really do need to che
booksofallkinds
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily reviewed this book from Netgalley

I completely fell in love with Love Heart Lane so when I heard about FOXGLOVE FARM by Christie Barlow was released I was really excited to read the next instalment in this series. But like all series there is always that worry that the next book won't live up to the first but I am happy to say that FOXGLOVE FARM is even better.

Isla and Drew have been married forever, have their beautiful family, and their farm, and everything seems perfect. But 'se
Lauren Tess'x
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Christie Barlow is fast becoming a favourite author of mine. Her books never disappoint and Foxglove Farm was no different.
Christie’s characters in Isla and Drew really reflected on issues that many couples go through but this is handled with such care and affection, so much so, Isla will resonate with many women. She really made me feel welcome and part of the community and story in this book.
This is the second book to the Love Heart Lane series and having raced through the first one, I was del
Jenny C
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a lovely book! Set in the Scottish Highlands, we follow Isla, a farmer’s wife and a busy mum of 2, who seems to be struggling with her marriage. Her husband Drew is being secretive and moody and she doesn’t understand why. With a community of close friends and relatives around them, we see them struggle through a tough few months which includes alpacas and disasters. This is a light read, but the pace is fast and it’s easy to concentrate on. I also grew to really like the characters in the ...more
Emandherbooks
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I finished this books in 2 sittings, I absolutely loved it! Reading about Foxglove Farm and the family inside it.

The book touched on some deep themes which I think were dealt with very appropriately.

There was lots of action too and I was gripped in knowing about their relationship and resolving their problems from the very beginning! Lots of developments and not a single cold chapter.

The book was a very easy read and I’m glad I’ve now found Christine Barlow as I’m going to go and read all her
Steph Hayward-bailey
A lovely story about a married couple and how they over come their problems.
Susanne Baker
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a lovely book, I really enjoyed reading this gorgeous book, fabulous characters and an interesting storyline.
Looking forward to reading more from this great author.
Laura Johnson
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I didn't realize this was series, but it was a very good story. This is the true story about marriage and how important communication is. It's very easy to get into a rut when you are in a marriage or long term relationship. I related to the characters and loved the setting and everything about this. I also love the alpacas!

**Received from Netgalley for review**
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Coming Home To Seashell Cottage
  • Log Fires & Toffee Apple Cake at the Little Duck Pond Cafe (The Little Duck Pond Cafe, #12)
  • Finding Love at Hedgehog Hollow
  • Making Wishes at Bay View (Welcome To Whitsborough Bay #1)
  • New Hope for the Little Cornish Farmhouse
  • New Beginnings at Seaside Blooms
  • Finding Hope at Lighthouse Cove
  • Lemon Drizzle Mondays at the Little Duck Pond Cafe (The Little Duck Pond Cafe, #9)
  • Lucy's Great Escape (The Little Duck Pond Cafe, #11)
  • Broken Hearts at Brightwater Bay
  • Dangerous Tides at Brightwater Bay: Part three in the sparkling new series by Holly Hepburn!
  • A Perfect Cornish Escape (Porthmellow Harbour 3)
  • Starting Over at Acorn Cottage: a heartwarming and uplifting romance
  • Sunrise over Sapphire Bay
  • Sea Breezes at Brightwater Bay
  • A Winter Wedding at the Little Duck Pond Cafe (The Little Duck Pond Cafe, #8)
  • A Time to Blossom (My Kind of Happy, #2)
  • Confetti at The Little Duck Pond Cafe (The Little Duck Pond Cafe, #6)
Author Girl - published by @HarperImpulse @HarperCollinsUK Literary Editor @mamalifemag 📚 Piano teacher 🎹 Ambassador @Zuriproject Rep by @katenashagent

Follow Christie on twitter @ChristieJBarlow

or www.christiebarlow.com

Love Heart Lane (3 books)
  • Love Heart Lane (Love Heart Lane, #1)
  • Clover Cottage