Start by marking “Hold Me Today (Put A Ring On It, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hold Me Today (Put A Ring On It, #1)

Hold Me Today

(Put A Ring On It #1)

Rock bottom has never felt so good.

At least, that’s what I tell myself when I bargain with the enemy and score a renovation for my hair salon.

The enemy? Nick Stamos, my best friend’s older brother.

He’s got a body and face the Greek gods would envy but his personality needs a major overhaul.

He’s surly.
A rule-follower.
Did I mention he’s seen me naked?

I may have crushed
Published January 17th 2019 by Alkmini Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Hold Me Today, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hold Me Today

Eve (Between The Bookends)
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
description

description
My goodness was this book good. It was funny. It was sweet. It was sexy. It made me cry. It had great banter. It was well written. It had a great plot. There was no OW or OM drama. It had a great cast of diverse secondary characters. Both the main characters were very likable. Nick was swoon-worthy. He wasn't an asshole or a manwhore (thankfully), just an all around decent guy. Mina was also a great character. Not a virgin (again thankfully). In fact, one of the things I especially liked was th
Maria Luis
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I am so incredibly excited to announce that the Put A Ring On It series is finally on its way! HOLD ME TODAY is a best friend's brother romance that already has me laughing, and let's just say that Nick and Mina have a very hold-nothing-back relationship.

🖤COVER REVEAL: January 3rd, 2019
🖤RELEASE DATE: January 17th, 2019
🖤EXCLUSIVE RELEASE ALERT: http://bit.ly/HoldMeToday
🖤Bloggers, help me spread the word!: http://bit.ly/HoldMeTodayEVENTS

Check out one of my favorite snippets from the book below!

🖤M
Paula
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Maria Luis is usually a go-to Author for me because her books are typically safe, humorous and have likable characters. And while she delivered in most part in this one as well, there were a couple of things that ruined it for me: ****** WARNING - SPOILERS ******

1) The over used plot of hero being on a reality TV Dating Show (aka "The Bachelor"). For crying out loud, how many times is this theme going to be written???? Maybe it's me, but watching "The Bachelor" on TV is mostly entertaining becau
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
This was a good book. First read by this author. I like the Hero Nick a LOT. My type of guy. Good but alpha and loyal and loves deeply.

The heroine was good too. But I felt like the banter they had in the beginning tapered off and kinda got boring over the course of the novel. The tension and intensity just was kinda missing somehow. I dunno. Could be my mood.

It was still good tho. May read more from this author.
Pippa Grant
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I would like Nick Stamos to come whisper Greek nothings in my ear all day every day. Can that be arranged?

But seriously, I adore everything this author writes and this story is NO DIFFERENT. I have SO many things I want to say about it but don't want to give away ANYTHING. So I'll say this, I JUST finished it this week and am ALREADY starting a reread. My TBR is prob 2k books long, but I NEED to read it again. That should tell you how DAMN GOOD this book is.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
YOU GUYS!! DO you hear me screaming!! I loveeeeed this story. Good Lord I was hooked from the very first page. There was something about Mina and Nick that pressed all my swoony buttons. They were opposites at first glance but more similar than either of them really thought. I loved them so much and how they discovered more things about each other despite being in each other's lives since childhood. They were sexy and flirty and their banter was like the chocolate covered cherry on top!! I FLOVE ...more
Tracy  C
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 stars. A really great enemies to lovers and best friends brother romance. These two just kept butting heads until they realized that they were not really enemies, but enjoyed sparing. Mina and Nick have longed for each other since childhood. Nick never really admits it to himself, thinking he needs to stay away from his nemesis/sisters best friend. Poor Mina has just never felt like she belongs anywhere and doesn't feel worthy of "Saint Nick". Once they stop fighting the attraction, boy do ...more
bella ϟ  [ bella farren ]
3.5 / 5 stars

This hit the spot, strongly reminiscent of 99 Percent Mine with the dynamic the same and both the heroes being contractors/renovators/people (for lack of the proper term lol). I liked the banter and the slow build to the relationship, but Nick was without a doubt the star of this book.

His cold exterior and his utterly cosy interior, he was adorable and I fell hard. He reminded me so much of Tom from 99%, the eternal good guy who had a soft spot for the 'bad' girl.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Hold Me Today by Maria Luis is book One in the Put A Ring On It Series. This is the story of Nick and Mina. Nick and Mina have know each other for several years because of their family connection and friendship along with their tight Greek neighborhood. Mina has always had a crush on Nick but knew that it wasn't going anywhere because he only saw her as a 'little sister' to his friend. But now in their present day, she need help with renovation at her hair salon and Nick agrees to help but he ne ...more
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author and Give Me Books PR***

Maria Luis is a new author to me, and one I hadn't heard of before a chance conversation with someone who works with her. I am VERY glad this happened, as I have definitely found an author I want to read more from...and isn't that the best?

Nick and Mina have a...complicated...history. She has been in love with him for years, and thinks it was unrequited. Although, when it's the brother of your best friend that you are lusting after, are there
M
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh man! Be still my little Greek Italian heart! Hold Me Today gave me all the things I love about this author. Not only was it well written with thoroughly developed characters, it was also funny and sexy with tons of heart. I am a fan of the best friends sibling/forbidden/off limits trope too so Hold Me Today was this like a yummy gooey serving of baklava! Simply delicious! I really enjoyed both Nick and Mina. They each have their own insecurities because of circumstances in their lives and I l ...more
Piper Rayne
Talk about a book boyfriend… Nick Stamos stole my heart! And Mina… so sassy and hilarious! This heroine and hero are magic on the page! Don't wait, read it now! ~ Rayne
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Ermione (Mina) is less than thrilled that her best friend's brother, Nick, is the contractor who's going to be renovating her salon. Nick, the man she's always crushed on. The man totally her opposite, who is a grumpy rule-follower, and who has never seen her as more than his little sister's best friend, a pita one at that. So when he needs a fake girlfriend, she can't say no, can she? Not to the man she's still crushing on, even as they drive each other nuts?!

Best friend's brother/brother's bes
Jacinta - Aussie Book Nook
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with this book, I just finished it and I want to read it again. There is absolutely everything you could ever want in a romance. I was laughing out loud in parts, tears were shed from the emotion pouring from the pages and on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen next.

I loved the banter between Mina and Nick and Effie and Mina hilarious! There is legit comedy gold in these pages.
The romance *sigh* Nick definitely knows his romance.
I loved the little snippets of oth
Amanda Steward
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love love Love!!

Where to start Mina and Nick WOW 😍😍 such an amazing couple. Nick is to die for and will turn into a book boyfriend. He’s so sweet and smooth. Ahhh my only issue is why didn’t I read this sooner. If you love a friends to lovers book and a best friends brother then this book will blow you away. Can’t wait to read more of this author this was my first book and WILL NOT be my last!! Can’t wait to see what book two in this series holds!!
Gavinsmommaloves2read
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This author always writes amazing books and this one is no different. Nick and Mina have know Each other for years he is her bestie older brother but even though they have chemistry in spades they run Each other the wrong way but when she needs his help renovating her salon he makes her a deal and this is when then finally see more than there indifdernce!
Lexi Cubbins
My first book by the author and I'm having a very hard time reviewing it.

I loved the writing, it was flawless. I loved that we got a glimpse into the Greek culture. I definitely loved Nick, it's a breath of fresh air to have a hero who is actually a decent guy.

Honestly, there wasn't much not to like about this book, more like some small things left me a bit conflicted and ruined the experience for me. The whole Put A Ring On It show of the storyline felt a little off. That Mina has had a crush
Ermani
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ku
A couple centric book that made me happy from beginning to end. Swoony hero and smart strong loving heroine. Not a ton of drama, just a really great story about Nick and Mina falling in love. I’m very much looking forward to book 2!
belle ☆ミ (mybookcastle)
a quick read filled with sassy moments, sweet moments, touching moments and sexy moments. ermione and nick were absolutely adorable together. there wasn't any unnecessary drama, and no third party involvement (thank god). it's all about them and their personal demons. even though nick and ermione has known each other for as long as they can remember because of her best friend and his younger sister, effie. ermione's crush on nick was so obvious even when they were younger. now that ermione needs ...more
T. Rosado
3.5 Stars

I've read many of this author's books and have been impressed from the beginning by her clean writing, amazing details, and originality. Hold Me Today was another solid story with wonderful characters. Unfortunately, I also struggled to stay invested due to the pacing.

I love longer books with lots of pertinent details, but I can honestly say that this book had too may extraneous details and an overuse of internal monologues. I struggled in a number of scenes with a feeling of wanting th
J. Ockenhouse
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You ever just read a book and enjoy the way it makes you feel? Mina and Nick had me wrapped around their fingers with how authentic and true to life they are. They became more than"characters", they became my best friends.

High quality writing that as you read you visualize not only each scene but what these amazing people would look like. I laughed, felt and enjoyed spending my time with them.

Maria has a way of making me fall head over heels for Nick. This is the kind of man who is beyond book
Stephanie Rose
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nick Stamos belongs in the book husband hall of fame. I finished this book a week ago and still can't get him out of my head. Family man, romantic, generous and loyal friend, and hot as all hell. I loved the banter and chemistry between Nick and Mina, and their big and loud family reminds me a lot of my own. This book had it all, slow burn, kickass but relatably vulnerable heroine, and sexy hero who can build things. My first book by Maria Luis and I can't wait to devour her others.
Siobhan
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fans of Maria Luis have been waiting for Hold Me Today for quite some time, yet you do not need to be a long-term fan to enjoy this one. Sure, there are elements that link in with other books, clear connections and cameos, but you do not need to be aware of these things to enjoy the first book in the Put A Ring On It series. It more than stands up alone, making it a great read for anyone interested in giving Maria Luis a try.

For the first couple of chapters, I was a wee bit hesitant about this o
Sheri
Jan 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Did you ever read a book, and while you were reading it, you thought to yourself "is this book EVER going to end?" That's how I felt with Hold Me Today. Don't get me wrong, it's a good book filled with interesting characters and an interesting story, but in my own personal opinion, this book was at least 100 pages too long.

Mina (whose real name is Ermoine, which I had no clue to pronounce) is a hair stylist who has dreamed of opening her own hair salon forever. She starts her project, and her ha
Dana
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book!!!! I read Hold Me Today in the recommendation/review of a friend and let me tell you, I am so thankful I did!!!

I’d like to start with this: I LOVE....I mean LOVE (just imagine that is bold) an ALPHA man who is also a bit sentimental and romantic; Nick fit that for me! He was such a likable guy who just wanted to find “the one”. I adored Mina, I liked her from the very beginning of the book. She was strong and determined to live the life that SHE wants and not by anyone else’s standard
Heather Whitaker Red Hatter Book Blog
Wow! If you like a slow burn steamy romance than Hold Me Today is for you. Who says opposites do not attract? Whoever said that obviously has not read this book. I'm not gonna lie and say that this book pulled me in right away because it did not. HOWEVER I am so glad I stuck it out and finished reading it. This book is sweet and emotional that yes I blinked back a few tears.

I felt so many emotions where Mina is concerned. I would love to go into great detail just how much I adored this characte
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
First I have to say that I LOVED this story so much! It is a great beginning to the series Put A Ring On It. This was a steamy slow romance that had me swooning over Nick. Plus Nick is Greek and oh sweet baby Jesus he can whisper to me in Greek all he wants because man oh man talk about panty dropping well hell yes!

I loved Mina and how strong she is. She has always had a crush on Nick but she knew that nothing would come of it so she moved on with her life and built a business for herself. When
Racheal Bailey
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I went back and forth on whether this book deserved 4 stars or 5, and I decided to go with 4. I really liked this book! There is so much cultural richness woven throughout this story, I couldn’t help but devour every word and yearn for more. After gladly submerging myself in the world Luis created, I wish I was Greek!
Hold Me Today leaves you feeling lighter and itching for more. I recommend it to anyone who likes a contemporary romance with a little more to offer.

You can read my full review here
Angie
Jun 25, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 11%

I am so disappointed by this novel! It's been on my tbr for a while now, but the writing style was just not for me. It felt very wordy and superfluous, and I found myself having to reread passages because I didn't know what was going on. Plus the fact that the MCs were greek was mentioned 73 times in the first 10% of the novel. 🙄

Overall, this book was not able to grab or keep my interest. I would recommend you download a sample before buying the book to see if the writing style works f
Viper Spaulding
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You HAVE to read this book!

This is such a romantic story! Nick and Mina have known each other for more than twenty years, growing up together in Boston's tight-knit Greek community. Mina always knew Nick was never going to see her as anything other than his little sister's best friend, so she buried her crush and lived her life on her own terms. Until the day she needs a general contractor like Nick, and Nick needs a fake girlfriend to divert the media from his recent reality-show appearance.

Th

• Cruel Legacy (Cruel, #3)
  • Iron Trophy
  • Hollywood Prince
  • ITUE
  • Somewhere (Crimson Outlaws MC #2)
  • Cocktailing (Cocksure, #2)
  • Suck Me
  • Ravenous
  • Mistake's Melody (Unquiet Mind #4)
  • LASS
  • Anton (Chicago Blaze, #1)
  • My Life in Shambles
  • Gone For You (All For You, #1)
  • The Legend (Rivers Wilde, #2)
  • Ruthless King  (Kings of Rittenhouse, #3)
  • Heart of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #3)
  • Risky Play (Red Card, #1)
  • Malum: Part 1 (Elite Kings Club, #4)
Maria is a big fan of books, nature, dogs, and pretty things - not always in that order, though.

By day, Maria is a historian who specializes in 19th century New Orleans and 14th century London. What do the two eras have in common? Not much, except for disease, scandal, and crime - Maria's favorite historical topics. (For real, if you want to talk any of the above, just reach out!)

When not digging

Put A Ring On It (3 books)
  • Kiss Me Tonight (Put A Ring On It, #2)
  • Love Me Tomorrow (Put A Ring On It, #3)
“If I’m a hot mess, I’ll own it. But the hot-mess express is about to embark on its grand finale voyage, if I have anything to say about it.” 1 likes
“Because I’ve been waiting my entire life to feel as though I’m finally where I belong. Tonight, for a slip of a moment, a snapshot in time, she belonged with me.” 1 likes