Start by marking “Oath of Valor (Personal Protectors #3)” as Want to Read:
Oath of Valor (Personal Protectors #3)

Oath of Valor

(Personal Protectors #3)

If asked, Larry Armstrong would say that failure isn’t in his DNA, but you only have to look at his relationship with his son to know it’s a lie. Going undercover to catch the country’s worst criminals is far easier than fixing the mistakes he’s made with Brice. It didn’t help his situation any when he unknowingly sleeps with his son’s best friend.

If asked, Elliot Pritcha
Published January 2nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Oath of Valor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oath of Valor

Aղցela W.
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was book 3 in the "Personal Protectors" series. We met both these characters in the last book. Larry "the Chameleon" Armstrong who is Brice's father who put his work in the FBI before his son. Elliot Pritchard's life has changed since almost dying he lost his job and apartment while recovering. When Larry is forced to take a vacation things get even more weird between the two of them. While at work Elliot over years a murder and the Larry takes over. I wanted to slap Larry multiple times ...more
Melissa
Jan 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
I’m not sure why I let myself get sucked into another book by this author when I didn’t enjoy the first two in the series. I do have to say that there were fewer errors in this book than the previous two. There was zero connection or chemistry between the main characters. Larry is a gigantic asshole. He doesn’t redeem himself in this book. And the characters hate each other until they suddenly love each other. And the story is implausible and ridiculous.
Becca
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I hope you've been keeping up with this series so far. It's hella good and this book made it even better. If you have been keeping up, then you know the cast of characters. You know in the last book some things went down. Brice and Elliot and Rusty all almost died. Elliot worse off than anyone. And you know Larry is still coming to terms with his son, and his fling with Elliot one drunken night. If you haven't read, ignore the and go read.
Larry is such a hardheaded, hard-nosed, stubborn ass dic
Megan
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, mm-bi, sexy, tumultuous
One drunken night brought two men release, but it also brought with it some awkward consequences when they reunite in a hospital room. Larry is adept at sinking deep into a role for his job with the FBI and dealing with the worst of the worst of society, but his role as father and caretaker? He's lost beyond all reason in how to carry those out. For Elliott, that night between them was unforgettable, at least the parts when the alcohol haze lifted. He never expected to see the man again. But whe ...more
Angela Seubert
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
   fromASeubert on January 6, 2019

Such an amazing story!

This book just hit it out of the park for me! I absolutely love this series and every book is better than the last. One of my favorite tropes is enemies to lovers because I love that heated banter and the sarcastic biting batbs that are seeping sexual tension until it just explodes in some of the hottest sex scenes imaginable, and this book had that in spades.

Larry is an FBI agent and one of the best undercover agents they have. He has
Xanthe
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have been really enjoying this series so far and this is another great story from Brittany. It brings our two MC's, Larry and Elliott together under strenuous circumstances as well as allowing them both to grow and develop something, regardless of the stubbornness they both possess.
We have the story from both men's POV which I love as I think it allows us to better understand the characters with their thoughts, workings and reasoning there for us to see. There's lots of banter, arguments but
K.R. Phoenix
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
🌟🌟🌟🌟 4 stars
🔥🔥🔥 Heat Level: 3

Tense, suspenseful and angst-filled with a bit of trouble and a lot of lust. A great read!

This was my first book of Brittany’s and I loved it! Such a thrilling and suspenseful read. From what I can gather this book continues on from the previous books in the series but even though I hadn’t read them, Brittany did well in re-introducing the backstory so I didn’t really feel like I missed anything (other than Brice and Carters love story, which I need to read now). Thi
Badh
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Add together one chameleon FBI agent and his son's best friend and a one night stand and you get Larry and Elliot.

The situation as we walk into the book is somewhat of a CF. Brice is pushing to get back out into the field because if he goes home he has to deal with his attraction to Elliot, who just happens to be his son Brice's best friend. It doesn't matter that they had a one night stand, trying to do anything now would upset his son, and he's trying to rebuild his relationship with Brice.

A
Jacey Jeffrey
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Elliot and Larry's story. After learning about them in Carter and Brice's book....I have been so excited to see more and their book did not disappoint. Elliot is now working at a hospital switchboard operator and is loving his new job. Larry is forced by his supervisor after his last FBI case to take a mandatory 3 week vacation. Larry isn't thrilled...he uses his assignments to keep him busy and keep him from lusting after Elliot. When Elliot gets a threatening call....its Lar ...more
Phoenix13
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love these guys!

I really enjoyed this book and all of the series so far. One of my favorite things is the character development. Each main person in all of them is unique and interesting and has little actions or dialogue that just really bring them to life. In fact here with Larry, at first almost too good of a job developing his gruff and aloof persona-I wasn’t sure he could be redeemed or if so would it be believable. But I’m glad to say I was wrong and all fit and balanced just right. I lov
Amy Dufera
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Oath Of Valor is another amazing addition to the Personal Protectors series by Brittany Cournoyer.

This whole series is intense, riveting and completely satisfying. I'm extremely impressed by Brittany's ability to engage the reader from page one all the way through the end. I love this world that she's created, the people in it and the storylines.

Oath Of Valor is as fantastic as it gets. It's full of humor, great guys and sizzling chemistry mixed with danger and suspense.

These two are a compell
Terri
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was excited to read this one after learning a bit about Elliot and Larry's one night stand in book 2, and it didn't disappoint. While Larry drove me crazy with his a**holish treatment of everyone, especially Elliot, I did enjoy seeing him slowly come around. Meanwhile, Elliot was awesome! He stood up to Larry and refused to be afraid of him. Even when Larry hurt his feelings, Elliot was still unapologetically himself. He was strong and flirty and funny, even in the midst of dealing with someon ...more
Kendra T
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am really impressed with this series. We met some awesome characters in the first two books, and we get to revisit them here as well. In the second book, Brice’s beat friend Elliot had a night with an older guy. He found out later that it was Brice’s dad, Larry. After all of the events that took place in that book, he is living with Larry, Brice, and Carter to heal and get back on his feet. Brice and Carter move out and Larry is out on assignment all the time. Now, months later, Larry is force ...more
Tanya
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loving this series and how it just keeps going. I thought for sure this would be the last book in the series....but of course not. Ross and Dane now need a story, although they are mysterious.

When we left book 2, we were left going WTF. Elliott and Larry had so much more story to tell. Unlike book 1 leading us directly into Carter's story we knew it was coming. Book 2 however gave us the whole lead into book 3 as we had a taste of this couple. Now here we are on book 3 and I don't think I could
Dixiecowgirl
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Steamy mystery with lots of action and a hot romance. I enjoyed the age-difference dynamic in this story and how well the importance of the connection vs the age difference was illustrated. Awesome character development and such a real emotional connection. I loved that we got to see characters from the earlier books in the series also.

Larry and Elliot are terrific together and i was so rooting for them. This story kept me reading and trying to figure out who the bad guy was. This story was so
Modwena
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited for Larry and Elliot's story and it was every bit as great as I have come to expect from Ms Cournoyer. This was such a great book, I love the contrast of Larry's grumpiness and Elliot's sass.

Elliot is trying to rebuild his life after a horrific attack that left him fighting for his life.
Larry is Elliot's best friend's father and an undercover FBI agent.
When Elliot witnesses something that puts his life in danger, Larry is determined to protect him.

The pair have been trying to
Alex
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been waiting on Larry’s story and it didn’t disappoint me!

Larry and Elliott are still reeling from finding out their connection to Brice when Elliott temporarily moves into Larry’s house.

When a random encounter puts Elliott in danger, Larry does everything that he can to protect him. This allows both of them the opportunity to reassess what they want and go for what’s best for them. I love that Larry was honest with Brice and respects the relationship that he has with Carter.

Ross is a gre
Nicole
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hold on, it’s going to be a crazy ride!

This story is filled with action, angst, passion, and that’s just the beginning. I enjoyed this book because of the intensity of both Larry and Elliot. This third book in the Personal Protector series proved that this series is an intensely interesting one. As with the other two books, I found this story to be engaging and jumping off its pages. It is definitely not one to be missed.
Heather Rawlins
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked Oath of Valor. I’ve been enjoying the whole series and loved Elliott and Larry. I like that their meet-cute was very unorthodox. I also liked that this book picked up from Promise to Shield with Brice and Carter. The story was fast-paced and I liked the banter between Elliott and Larry. It was a sweet May/December romance. There’s just something about alpha type men and dangerous situations. I definitely recommend this book.
Kathryn Manzella
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oath of Valor is the third booking the Personal Protectors series by Brittany Cournoyer. And it is a Best Friend's Fathers romance that I could not recommend more. It has funny moments, sweet and sexy moments and sone action/deama. I love Elliot and Larry... along with the supporting cast of characters. Definitely a satisfying addition to this phenomenal series.

I received an advanced reader's copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving my honest review and recommendation.
Esther
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
For me this was my least favorite in the series. Elliot gets 4 stars, but there were too many issues for me so even he couldn’t save my rating.
There was zero chemistry between Elliot and Larry. The sex was meh. I love brooding characters, but only if they also have a sweet side. I didn’t get that from Larry at all. He was just an asshole with no redeeming qualities.
The suspense was not really there, because nothing happened until the end when the bad guy came out of nowhere.
Tracy Perry
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I so love this series, the books keep getting better & I love all the characters. I didn't like Larry first but I softened up on him after a while, I loved Elliot of course but he has that sassy mouth that needs to close sometimes, haha. This story was so intriguing & mysterious in a way that has you on the edge of your seat & not wanting to put the book down. It also has a bit of angst & some steamy scenes. It was an excellent read & I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for next ...more
Tekna Gypsy
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I laughed so much & I cryed.

Larry is Brice's dad & Elliot is Brice's Best Friend. Elliott is staying in Larry's house while he's recovering from being stabbed (Personal Protection #2). Larry lets him stay after he recovers so he can save money from his new job. One night, while he was working at the hospital as a switch board operator, he got a weird call. Now his life's in danger!!! Larry has to figure out whose after Elliott & his feelings for him.
kathleen
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Elliot and Larry's story. Oath of Valor is a great addition to the Personal Protectors series. This is a fast paced, action filled, snarky romance. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.
I loved the connection between the two MC's and really could feel their chemistry. The story is full of intrigue and suspense. Full of heat and sexy times! I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment of this series!
Rachwithheadinabook
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
So good

This is the third book in this series which is about Larry and Elliot, it could be read as a standalone but I highly recommend that you read the series in order as characters and situations are introduced and explained in them.
I really enjoy this series with its grumpy alpha males and the sassy, snarky men that capture their hearts, while coping with dangerous predicaments that grab the reader and do not let go. I am really looking forward to the next book.
Sheridan
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Yes! Larry has always intrigued me and this story was good!! 😁😁

Answering one fatal phone call, Elliot’s life could be in possible danger.
It’s enough for Larry to finally gets his grumpy butt into gear and Elliot is the man to catch the chameleon!

But while lives are on the line, so are the hearts of these two men!

If you like a mix of may/dec, sort of enemies to lovers, suspense and drama then this is the perfect read.
Pat Nelson
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This fantastic, engaging, snarky, poignant, sexy, smoking hot, awesome, fascinating, hilarious, terrific, and amazing story was a fresh and unexpected twist on the enemies to lovers/best friend's father/protection/opposites attract tropes. I was hooked from beginning to end, and can't wait to get my greedy hands on the next book in this intriguing series.
Cammey Kelley
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow...what a great story! May-September romance, which is part of a series, but as I can attest, can be read as a stand-alone.

Larry is a hard nosed FBI agent, who has made his job his life. Larry identities as bisexual and meets Elliott in a bar and they have a one night stand.

Oops! Elliott and Larry’s son, Brice, are good friends! And when Elliott finds himself in a dangerous situation, Larry swoops in to say the day!

Very strong MC’s and well written, I can’t wait to catch up on the entire seri
Kristin Grella
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved it!

I love this series. With each book it gets better and better. The cast of characters are awesome. Nothing better than edge of your seat suspense along with romance. I loved Elliot and Larry. Can't wait for the next book! Well done Brittany Cournoyer! She is fast becoming a go to author for me. So glad I discovered her!!
Dee Winston
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Elliott and Larry were a fire that couldn't be put down. You could feel the sparks coming off of them. Their situation wasn't the best but they were perfect for each other. Elliott made Larry look at life in a different way and helped him out who and what was important. And a little mayhem made the story all that much better. I love this series and can't wait for the next installment.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Personal Protectors (3 books)
  • Vow of Protection (Personal Protectors #1)
  • Promise to Shield (Personal Protectors #2)