Start by marking “Written with Regret (Regret Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Written with Regret (Regret Duet, #1)

Written with Regret

(Regret Duet #1)

Every little girl dreams of the fairytale. The one where the white knight rushes in to save her from the clutches of evil. They fall in love, have babies, and live happily ever after.

By that definition, my life should have been a fairytale too.

When I was eight years old, Caven Hunt saved me from the worst kind of evil to walk the Earth. It didn’t matter that I was a kid. I
Expected publication: May 23rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Written with Regret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Written with Regret

Christy
Shelves: 2019-four-stars

photo 91D917F2-5629-49E9-8F21-24CC03ED46E1_zps2mvtljjx.png

Aly Martinez is an amazing author and she’s one that always has the ability to shock me. I had a feeling there would be something big at the end, but I’ll be the first to say she completely took me by surprise. I did not see that coming, not even a little bit. This story was emotional, angsty, and left me with a punch in the gut. I can’t wait to see where the next one leads…

This is a book you need to read and experience on your own. I don’t want to talk about the plot but I loved the h
*****FIVE ++++ STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

We were two people who had experienced the inside of Hell and lived to see the other side. Every once in a while, the flames would still devour me. The least I could do was try to extinguish hers.

”WRITTEN WITH REGRET”, the latest by Aly Martinez, is nothing short of absolute literary PERFECTION! This author never ceases to amaze me. Her stories are so unique and thoroughly entertaining. I thought I knew where the plot was headed, and th
Hulya Kara Yuksel

Whoa I didn't see that coming... 😲😲😲 WTF just happened? 🙄🙄🙄

Full review to come later!

*ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review. ❤❤❤

AUTHOR BIO:
Originally from Savannah, Georgia, USA Today bestselling author Aly Martinez now lives in South Carolina with her four young children.
Never one to take herself too seriously, she enjoys cheap wine, mystery leggings, and baked feta. It should be known, however, that she hates pizza and ice cream, almost as much as writing her bio in
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤Omg omg omg deep breaths!! Finally ❤

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Crazy love this author!! Can not wait to start this one!!
Sanaa Z.
Shelves: 2019, arc
4.5-4.75 stars.

This is what, I think my 14th book by Aly Martinez and she never fails to surprise me. Written with Regret blew my mind. Seriously though, Caven and his daughter, Rosalee? Melted me heart into a puddle. Cutest thing I have ever seen.

AND I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR ALL THOSE EMOTIONS.

I read this literally in one sitting and finished at 3am yelling at my kindle because I was done. Because Aly is evil and I can't believe she left us hanging like that.

I NEED THE NEXT BOOK. Like 5 minut
Betul
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"We were both ruined a long time ago, Caven. Maybe it's time for us to clear the wreckage and rebuild. Starting with her."

Written with Regret is the 13th book I've read by Aly Martinez, and I love that she continues to surprise me with stories that haven't been told yet. I can always depend on her to come up with books that will be suspenseful, emotional and full of twists. I haven't been disappointed yet, and I really hope I won't be because Aly
Joy
Now she's just showing off! LOL Aly Martinez takes my breath away. I kinda feel like she has someone in her life that says I wish someone would write a story about "this" and Aly is like, "here, hold my wine." Honestly there is nothing I could say in this review that I haven't said before in a review for an Aly Martinez book. It's smart, original and unputdownable. You never know what to expect and you always get an amazing story with characters you love to love. From the very beginning I was al ...more
Shayna
May 11, 2019 is currently reading it
Shelves: arc-review
MJ
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh that Aly Martinez. This beyond gifted writer has once more crafted a story that has undoubtedly given me pause . A journey of two survivors of a horrific event whose lives intersect not one but twice in the years that follow, with the 3rd as possibly the final straw in their point of no return.

Written with Regret tells the tale of Hadley Banks and Caven Hunt and the pain that consumes them from that shared experience 18 years ago. We get glimpses of that tragedy that has forever marred them,
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
Alllllllll the stars for this totally epic read! Written with Regret had me hooked from the prologue, and I have been drowning in this story ever since. These characters have stolen my heart. I still can’t shake all the feels!
I never wanted this book to end. Especially because I knew a mindfuck of epic proportions was likely coming. I spent the second half trying to figure out what could possibly happen, but NOTHING COULD HAVE PREPARED ME. The ending left me gasping for breath and cursing Aly’s
Diane Yoz
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG, I need a few minutes to catch my breath and put into words what I'm feeling because right now all I can say is HOLY S#|+! I'm warning you right now do not start this book if you have plans because you're not going anywhere. I could not stop reading. SO FRKN GOOD! Aly Martinez knows how to deliver a unique story that sucks you in right from the start and never lets you go!
Written with regret deals with a tragic past for the hero and the heroine. It also has spitfire of a little girl who lig
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
May 11, 2019 marked it as maybe-maybe-not
The mother in me is asking how could she have left her baby girl on the hero’s doorstep? And doesn’t return until 4 years later?
Lynn
I love Aly Martinez books and have yet given her anything below a five star. But, this duet, I’m going to pass.

The blurb angered me too much, therefore I know I wouldn’t enjoy the book because I would hate the heroine too much. Some shit is unforgivable and unforgettable regardless of what the excuse may be.

Years later, a one-night stand during the darkest time imaginable gave us a little girl. It was nothing compared to the pitch black that consumed me when I was forced to leave her with Cave
Zilpha Owens
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My heart starts racing before I even turn the first page when its time to start a new Aly Martinez story. She is a phenomenal storyteller and every one of her stories is different and engaging. Her writing evokes so many emotions and creates a tangible connection between reader and character. I’m no doubt invested in the outcome. She wows me every single time.

She has a way of writing characters with varying and unique backgrounds yet never fails to make them relatable. Caven Hunt is no differen
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fascinating story!!. Starts with a bang and ends on a slap !
Holy wow of a plot and Holy Shitballs of the cliffy end!!!
Full of surprising twists and turns,  this book will keep you occupied even after you've closed the last page
That’s the thing about life though. It operates best on the element of surprise. There were no choices left. No options. No outs.

description

Stunning, catastrophic and hopeful all at the same time, it manages to punch you in the jaw when you LEAST EXPECT IT!!
Expect a severe W
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

Jennifer Gauthier
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Holy B'Jesus Sweet Mother God What Did I Just Read!!!!!

What an amazing phenomenal story!!

This story will entertain you, ripe your heart out, leave you speechless.

Aly has given us an unbelievable, original, epic story. You will literally be bug eyed when you finish this!!!!

My mouth open, never saw it coming, moment. AFRICKINGMAZING!!! You will not be able to.put it down.

You will fall in love with these characters. Rosalee is so stickin adorable. Aly paints a perfect picture with her words, d
Timitra
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rated 4.5 Stars

Written With Regret was so good. Full of twists and turns that I didn't see coming. I loved every minute of it. I'm dying for the conclusion to this duet especially after that cliffy. I highly recommend this book.

Copy provided by author
Kim
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5-stars
4.5+ stars
Whoa! Aly Martinez never fails to deliver these duets that make a strong impact and end with a cliffhanger that leaves me needing more asap! I did not see this one coming. And I am left with so many questions, guesses, and theories. Now I am totally unsure what has really happened and what will happen. My mind is kind of blown, but I am definitely hooked.

This centers around characters that lived through Hell. Caven is a man that has tried to outrun his tragic past and was not focused
Kris
fuck. 👏 me. 👏 sideways. 👏

Dude. Its be a while since I've read a book straight through, without getting off my Reeses eating ass. I mean, I got a life, a job, kids, needy huzbot, a house. Bish just doesn’t have the time these days to sit and read a book like I used to. But. Let. Me. Tell. You. I did that with this one. Thank god for that new waterproof kindle, because I had to take a shower before work and had only like 10% left, I couldn’t just like, let my real life priorities take place of fig
Eye in Bookland
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
¡Necesito el siguiente ya! Aly lo volvió a hacer y OMG, que cosa más buena!!!!! No sé si darle 4 o 4.5 estrellas, pero absolutamente vale la pena ¿Porqué me hace esto Aly? Ahhhhh, necesito respuestas!!!
Terri S
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to come.
Jessica Alcazar
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just ... I mean ... sigh ... THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!!! Fun I say!

This ending isn’t funny
Aurora - Whoo Gives A Hoot
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
Holy sh*t what the f*ck just happened?! Aly Martinez is the queen of duets and her cliffhanger endings always manage to leave me right on the edge of my seat in anticipation of getting my hands on the follow up story! Seriously she is an author who I kinda love and hate at the same time. I love her for that beautifully unique storytelling ability and the fact that she manages to keep her readers guessing right until the very end, but I hate that sh
Susan
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
Aly Martinez is one of those writers that I can't wait to get my hands on anything she writes! She writes stories with such unique plots that keep you guessing from start to finish! Written With Regret, as usual with Ms. Martinez's writing, keeps you on your toes trying to figure out what is going on. Thank goodness we don't have to wait long for the conclusion to this duet!

Hadley and Caven experienced something that no one should ever have to go through. It cost them a lot, and messed them up f
Shannon
**4.5 Stars**

Aly Martinez is the queen of duets!!! Every duet she has written has been an amazing, suspenseful, what in the world is happening kind of read. Written with Regret is the first book in the Regret Duet and proving to follow along these same lines.

Written with Regret revolves around Caven, Hadley and Rosalee who have both a complex history and complex present day relationships. This book is mysterious, intriguing, and kept me wondering up until the end where it was going to lead.

Of c
Melissa B
I can't even begin to convey how much this story sent me into an emotional tailspin. With each chapter I read I was smiling, crying, laughing, sobbing and yet I couldn't put it down, didn't want to put it down but at the same time I wanted to savor every word of this heart-wrenching story. Everytime I read one of Aly's books that has me an absolute mess with just the Prologue, I know it will be a gut-wrenching, riveting, bring me to my knees kinda read, one that without a doubt will stay with me ...more
Elizabeth Agosto
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think this may be Aly Martinez’ best to date! I was hooked at the prologue and the emotions don’t stop. Caven is perfection, strong, sexy, sensitive. Hadley is sweet, emotional, funny. I can’t wait for part two!
Linda 🖤 LB Book Blog
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg!! I need the second book stat!!! That freaking ending!!! Holy Smokes!!!

I need some time to process everything.. full review to come
« previous 1 3 next »
Born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, Aly Martinez is a stay-at-home mom to four crazy kids under the age of five- including a set of twins. Currently living in South Carolina, she passes what little free time she has reading anything and everything she can get her hands on, preferably with a glass of wine at her side.

Regret Duet (2 books)
  • Written with You (Regret Duet, #2)