Start by marking “Notorious” as Want to Read:
Notorious

Notorious

Keenan has lived all over the world but nowhere quite as strange as Centerlight Island, which is split between the United States and Canada. The only thing weirder than Centerlight itself is his neighbor Zarabeth, aka ZeeBee.

ZeeBee is obsessed with the island’s history as a Prohibition-era smuggling route. She’s also convinced that her beloved dog, Barney, was murdered—
Published January 7th 2020 by Balzer + Bray

To ask other readers questions about Notorious, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Notorious

Start your review of Notorious
Melanie Dulaney
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Keenan and Zarabeth (ZeeBee) live in a unique town that straddles the border between Michigan and Canada. Keenan lives with his dad on the US side of the border as he recovers from tuberculosis contracted while living abroad with his mom and step-dad and ZeeBee lives with her parents on the Canadian side. The two team up to solve the mystery of a missing treasure buried by gangsters said to have lived in their town in the 1920s and 30s as well as figure out just how ZeeBee’s troublemaker, ...more
Violet Sinclair
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, mystery, wishlist
DISCLAIMER: I received a digital review copy of NOTORIOUS via Edelweiss Above the Treeline in exchange for an honest review

Gordon Korman has been a favorite author of mine since fourth grade. Everytime he releases a new book, I get very excited to read it. So, naturally, when I found out about NOTORIOUS, I was excited. And then when I got accepted for the arc, I was even more excited.

The plot itself was something that I hadn’t really heard of before, but was definitely classic Korman.

Overall, I
Theresa Grissom
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3rd, 4th, 5th, middle-grade
Thanks to Netgalley for an ARC of this book.

Loved this Gordon Korman book and I know the kids at school will too. Fun and refreshing, any fan of Korman will enjoy this mystery.
Carolyn
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-books
Occasionally I like to read a book written for youngsters (8-12) to see what's being offered and this is a fine example of interesting reading full of real-life experiences in an interesting setting!
Susan
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you to the publisher and author for the review copy of this book. All opinions are my own.

This MG book (grades 4-7) is set in a peculiar place named Centerlight Island. Half of the island is in the U.S. and half is in Canada. A squiggly line runs right through the downtown and across the island which means next door neighbors may actually be citizens of a different country! It also means the U.S. kids get to go to the island school and the Canadian kids have to ride a smelly ferry to their
Trisha Perry
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keenan has lived all over the world and Zeebee has never left the island except to go to school, but both are restless. Keenan is stuck at his dad's house on the island after a bout of TB and ZeeBee just wants a friend. This unlikely pair works out well until school starts and Keenan stays on the island with all the kids that have teased Zeebee because of her love of the islands notorious historic past. But how strong is their friendship and can it survive Keenan's new friends?

This is a
Pam  Page
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fans of Korman will be excited to read this latest book of intrigue and will be kept hanging until the end to find out who is guilty of the crimes Zarabeth and Keenan attempt to solve throughout the story. A unique setting on an island that straddles the U.S./Canadian border adds interest to a place that had past mobsters living on the island. Loved the characters, especially Keenan who went from being an international traveler to living on a small island. There is a lot to explore outside of ...more
Jenn
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marsha
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another good book by Gordon Korman. I do so enjoy them. I use to buy them for my classroom library and recommend them to students when we went to the school library. If I was still teaching I might be reading this one to my class. Adventure, friendship, and a dog does survive!
Evelyn
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to read this. I enjoyed this one
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My students and I love Gordon Korman's work! This is a great suggestion for readers who enjoy the author's Swindle series.
Emily Smith
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
JFIC
Ms. Yingling
Sep 19, 2019 rated it liked it
E ARC provided by Edelweiss Plus

Keenan ends up living with his father on an island that is part Canada and part US when he is diagnosed with tuberculosis. He got the disease in his travels with his mother, who flits from country to county, and being in Canada is both restful and boring, especially since he is not allowed to do anything but sit in a lawn chair. Things become less boring when he meets ZaraBeth, who likes to be called ZeeBee. She is obsessed with gangsters from the 1930s, and all
Laura Gardner
Dana
Jan 20, 2020
Rachel

• Guts
  • The Confession Club (Mason, #3)
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
  • Brave Like That
  • Winter Solstice
  • The Lonely Heart of Maybelle Lane
  • A Crown of Snow and Ice: A Retelling of The Snow Queen (Beyond the Four Kingdoms #3)
  • A Tale of Beauty and Beast (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #2)
  • A Dream of Ebony and White: A Retelling of Snow White (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #4)
  • A Dance of Silver and Shadow (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #1)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • The Year We Fell From Space
  • Sunny Rolls the Dice
  • The Arabian Nights
  • Zombie Island (Still Alive #2)
  • Zombie River Run: Still Alive Book Five
  • Zombies On A Plane: Still Alive Book Three
  • Harvest (Stories of Singularity #5)
Korman wrote his first book, "This Can't be Happening at Macdonald Hall", when he was 12 years old, for a coach who suddenly found himself teaching 7th grade English. He later took that episode and created a book out of it, as well, in "The Sixth Grade Nickname Game", wherein Mr. Huge was based on that 7th grade teacher.

Korman moved to New York City, where he studied film and film writing. While