Start by marking “Best Seller” as Want to Read:
Best Seller

Best Seller

Three women, one dream: to become a successful author.

Eden Taylor has made it—big time. A twenty-three year old with model girl looks and a book deal with a major publisher, she's outselling the established names in her field and is fast becoming the darling of the media.

Becky Hunter has money problems. Can she earn enough from her light-hearted romance novels to
Published January 2019 (first published March 11th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Best Seller, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Seller

Start your review of Best Seller
G.J.
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Got this when it was free one weekend. It was a fast, decent read about three young women who were all writers. Interesting angle about self publishing.
Kirsten McKenzie
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read it in one sitting.

Three authors. One a bestseller. Or is she.

Sometimes writing groups can make an author, and sometimes they can break an author. Terry Tyler has written a fast paced yarn with a warning about when things look too good to be true... And a reminder to us all to always read the fine print.

I can recommend this for a 'home on the couch, off work sick' kind of read. Or a 'short flight away on holiday' read.

And remember, always read the fine print. And your friends are always
Ailish Sinclair
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Totally gripping

I loved this story. I'm just starting on my own publishing journey so this book was full of issues and concepts that are very much on my mind. It was so well written I had no idea how it was going to end. Read it in one sitting. Highly recommend.
Scatterbooker
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short, sweet, and full of twists!

Bestseller is about three women who are striving to become bestselling authors. They are all part of the online writer's group, the North Norfolk Novelists.

Jan is factory worker with serious money issues thanks to her ex who ran up massive credit card debts and left her high and dry. She needs her novels to be successful but doesn't have the money to spend on editing, proof-reading, or cover design and this hurts her book sales.

Becky is happy with the moderate
Rosie Amber
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best Seller is a contemporary tale about the publishing dreams of three women writers. They are all linked by their location, they live in and around Norfolk, UK and belong to the North Norfolk Novelists writers group, however their lives are totally different.

Eden Taylor is just 23 and has already landed a three book publishing deal with Austen House a subsidiary of one of the Big 5. Bringing with it glitz and glamour of a busy publicity lifestyle.

Becky Hunter is a self-published author of
Vanessa Wester
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book...

Since I self-published myself I could see a lot of the issues raised, although I was not like any of the characters - phew!

This story was brilliant and, as with her other books, the characters leapt off the page and grabbed you as if they were real.

Highly recommend as a shorter read that can be devoured in hours.

Barb Taub
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"It's just not fair!" The good guys are supposed to win. And who could possibly be more good than us? Maybe we try just as hard, or are just as pretty, or just as special as the winners. Why shouldn't we be just as successful?

It's this exploration of the gulf between what we want, what we deserve, and what we get that forms the theme of Terry Tyler's new release, Best Seller. The story follows three writers, young women looking for writing success. One seems to have it all—beauty, talent, and
Cathy Ryan
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eden Taylor has just released her second best selling novel as part of the three book publishing deal with Austen House. The pre order sales rocketed and took the book high in the ratings before it was even released. Eden is riding a huge tide of popularity. But all is not as it seems and Eden’s celebrity style existence is at risk.

'When Mick Taylor found out that Jan Chilver was dead, bolts of ferocious lightening would explode across the sky, for sure.'

When Becky Hunter learns her friend has
Shaz Goodwin
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I was hooked straight away with Eden at home in the conservatory and a hidden newspaper from her father. Why would he explode? What was the connection? Why did it make her so anxious? More intrigue follows and I wanted to find out what the history was between Becky and Eden. Jan's character is explored through her friendship with Becky ... and all three women are linked through writing group, the North Norfolk Novelists.

Reading Best Seller didn't feel like
Zoe Saadia
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best Seller, a Tale of Three Writers, is an engrossing story set in the wild west of the modern-day publishing industry. From the very first pages we are introduced to Eden Taylor, a hugely successful young writer with everything at her fingertips - looks, money, dotting family, and a bestselling debut novel with a publishing deal. Very rosy and sweet, but is it all what it looks like? When she reads about the death of Jan Chilver she knows that the things might go wrong from now on.
At the same
Elizabeth Lloyd
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What is it, that engenders the desire and energy to write fiction? That is the question which underlies the plot of Best Seller by Terry Tyler. Three young women are writing and publishing novels. They have become acquainted through the North Norfolk Novelists, either online or in person. But the outcome of their efforts varies greatly.
Stunningly attractive, Eden Taylor has hit the big time, Becky Hunter has made steady sales from her light romances but not enough to give up the day job, while
Deborah Swift
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great short read for writers.

Eden Taylor, best-selling author seems to have everything – looks, glamour, and the ability to write novels with depth and insight. But all is not what it seems, as fellow aspiring novelist Becky Hunter finds out.
Becky suspects that the books have really been written by her friend who is now dead. (trying not to give too much away here!)
Eden has been seduced by the celebrity lifestyle of a top-selling author, but can’t write. Her world is manipulated by her doting
Una
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A quick easy read... I did raise my eyebrows when I saw the name of the publicity agent ;)
Kate’s Book Spot
Don't they say 'write what you know'? Well as an avid book reader I love it when authors write about books/writing/publishing because I feel it gives me an inside view into their world. Who better to tell a writer's story than an author! That's why I was looking forward to reading this novella from Terry Tyler, an author who I already knew could hold my attention with her words.

I was initially confused about Eden, it seemed like everything in her life was falling into place yet she was unhappy
Jennifer Ammoscato
What makes a successful author?

Talent? Luck? Or, something darker—more sinister?

That’s the question that underlies Best Seller, the new Terry Tyler novella that focuses on three writers: Eden, Becky and Jan.

Best Seller traces the trajectory of the three women’s literary careers and the sometimes shattering effects on their personal lives. It sheds light on the ruthless—often thankless—world of book publishing.

Eden is the young, gorgeous girl with a book deal tucked neatly in her designer purse
Whispering Stories
Grab a cuppa and settle down with Terry Tyler’s latest novella, ‘Best Seller: A Tale Of Three Writers’. The book tells the story of three very different authors.

Meet Eden Taylor – She’s got it all. Youth, beauty, money and more importantly, two best-sellers to her name, with a third in the pipeline. Everything seems to go right for Eden, but is that down to sheer luck and determination, or can money actually buy you everything?

Rebecca (Becky) Hunter – She doesn’t write for the money, which is
Anniek
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Best Seller you’ll meet three women who have a lot more in common than they think. All of the women are members of an online writing community. In this community every member has the same goals and dreams, writing that bestseller story. You should think that they would fully support each other but when everyone is reaching for the same dream, things are not always what they seem.

Eden Taylor wanted nothing more than being a bestselling author. With the help of her father she manages to
Georgia Rose
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The world of publishing is a competitive one and this book tells the story of three, very different, writers and what they are willing, or sometimes forced, to go through to get that elusive best seller. What I always enjoy about Tyler’s writing are her spot on characterisations, and this book is packed with gems.

The over-indulged daughter of a wealthy family whose money has come from construction, and the rather shady past of her father, Eden Taylor has already made it, and is fast becoming the
Shelley Wilson
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is the saying true, do we all have a book in us? Anyone who believes this, or has proved it to be true, will adore this novella.
Terry Tyler has an exquisite talent for creating fully rounded characters who leap off the page and become a part of your life. Eden, Becky and Jan are three very different women, and yet they all share the same desire for writing. The author not only captures the emotions of her main characters well, but she taps into that secret pang of jealousy we’ve all felt towards
Cathy
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terry Tyler is an excellent writer and "Best Seller" is another very readable and enjoyable book.
It's a novella (about forty thousand words) but what is amazing is that by the end you feel like you've read a full length novel. I downloaded the book with my Kindle UnLimited subscription and just thought I'd read a few pages to see what it was like. An hour or so later I was hooked and my plans for the rest of the day were on hold. It's a tale of three writers whose lives are woven together in a
Alison
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read several of Terry Tyler’s books and have enjoyed all of them. She has a real knack of writing believable, entertaining characters that you quickly become invested in. The lives of the three writers in this novella, Becky, Eden and Jan, become entwined through their membership of a writing club, but not all have the talent to succeed, at least not without a little help. And the consequences of this are drawn out beautifully and compellingly in a short read that fully develops the plot ...more
Ellie Firestone
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a quick and interesting read with a moral dilemma -- is it ever right to pass someone else's work off as your own?

I thoroughly enjoyed Best Seller from start to finish. It was interesting to see behind the scenes of the authors' publishing journeys, but there was also plenty of mystery and intrigue to keep any casual reader entertained.

I kind of liked and kind of hated how the ending was left open. It was nice to have the room to speculate, but I still wanted to know: did Becky's
Judith Barrow
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the most outstanding features of any of Terry Tyler’s books is her ability to create rounded characters that come alive the first time they open their mouths.
Best Seller, a Tale of Three Writers, is no exception. And the reader is also allowed to observe the inner dialogue, the immediate and complex emotions of these young women, Jan, Eden and Becky, so we are drawn right away into this novella.
There is a consistent and steady rise of tension through the twists and turns of the various
Machel
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book. Fun, fresh, interesting and well written, I loved Becky, Eden & Jan. I couldn't wait to finish reading once I had started. A must read for anyone that loves a page Turner that transports you inside the characters of the book.
Terry writes characters like flickering images from a film reel. What a talent.
I think Best Seller would translate so well into a '13 Going on Thirty' movie meets 'Girl on The Train' suspense in a light-hearted fun way with serious undertones of
Cynthia Harrison
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: writing
Terry Tyler is one of my favorite writers and novelists-as-characters is one of my favorite tropes. So Best Seller was a win/win for me. I couldn't wait to read it and I was not disappointed. Well, only that it ended too soon:) While Eden is the most successful of the writers Tyler takes on, she is the least relatable. The moral to her story, though, was very satisfying. Becky was someone I felt could be a friend. She was a writer who knew what it felt like to write for the love of words, not ...more
Lucy Mitchell
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in 48 hrs - that's how good it is! As a writer I could really relate to this book and the clever tale of the three aspiring writers. Loved how the author weaved in the writer jealousies between them all. The author has a really engaging tone and you just want to keep reading. It was gripping in places and the ending was worth it! Great book!
Soo
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
I love a good story and when I have to take my Kindle to the loo because I don't want to stop reading...it's really good. Terry has the ability to make her characters really come to life in my mind. I especially enjoyed the way the home of Jan Chilver was described.

Gerry
A most engaging & clever short story from the excellent Terry Tyler
whose research & style is first class. I read it in one sitting as i found
the characters totally absorbing from the outset & just did not want to
put it down. Highly recommended.
G. Lawrence
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this book! The moral perils and ethical questions of the artist and their art... All told in an interesting, compelling fashion. Great read, highly recommended
Sarah Houldcroft
Loved this novella which I just couldn't stop reading. Now I am going to read Round and Round also by Terry Tyler.
A great summer afternoon read - or any time really.

• Horror Film Poems
  • Frostbitten: 12 Hymns of Misery
  • A Shining in the Shadows (Gabriel Davenport #2)
  • The Roo
  • Black Girl Unlimited
  • The Road Leads Back (Stonehill #1)
  • Osgood Riddance (The Spectral Inspector, #2)
  • The Tuscan Secret
  • The Making of Gabriel Davenport (Gabriel Davenport #1)
  • The John Milton Series: Books 4-6 (The John Milton Series Boxset Book 2)
  • Benny Rose, the Cannibal King
  • Dear Laura
  • Rigor Morbid: Lest Ye Become
  • Lies Lies Lies
  • This Is Not How It Ends
  • A Stranger on the Beach
  • The Robin Hood of Couches
  • My Eyes Are Black Holes
I am self-published and proud to be so, and have twenty books on Amazon. In Autumn 2018 I published Legacy, the final book in the post apocalyptic Project Renova series. The other books in the series are Tipping Point, Lindisfarne, UK2, and Patient Zero, a collection of short stories about some of the characters.

My newest book is Blackthorn, a stand alone novel set in the same world as the Project
“Once shit on, twice shy," Jan” 3 likes