Start by marking “Hosed (Happy Cat, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hosed (Happy Cat, #1)

Hosed

(Happy Cat #1)

The world’s sexiest firefighter is about to get a second chance with the virgin next door…

He’s bossy, arrogant, and so ridiculously hot he should come with a warning label and a pair of flame retardant coveralls.

He’s also the boy who broke my heart when we were in high school.

I want to move in next door to Ryan O’Dell the way I want to be the virgin gamer geek suddenly
Published January 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Hosed, please sign up.
Maria i'm really curious about this too, even if we already run out of brothers, maybe she can get a hot cousin or that misterious boss!

Start your review of Hosed (Happy Cat, #1)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Hosed is a sexy, sweet, fun, quirky, did I say sexy, rom-com by Pippa Grant and Lili Valente. I have read several of Pippa’s books and love them but this is my very first involving Lili Valente. If this is any example of what I’m in store for, there will definitely be more!

Cassie Sunderwell is, in her own words, the world’s oldest virgin code-writing nerd. She grew up in Happy Cat, Georgia with her sister, Savannah and her parents but now she lives in San Francisco doing a job she loves, writing
Pippa Grant
Dec 17, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Co-author's note, Release Day!!
AAAHHH!!! It's here! I'm SO excited for this fun, sweet, sexy hot romantic comedy to be out in the world spreading joy! And terrible ideas about getting pet raccoons. And awful Christmas decoration suggestions. And new games for teenagers to play.

Or maybe not that last one.

But HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY, HOSED!!

Co-author's note, 4 days before release:
OMG OMG OMG! It's almost here!! Ryan and Cassie and the Happy Cat crew and the factory and the raccoon... I love the racco
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Starr (AKA Bam Bam) by: Jenn Herrick
See my notes and quote. This is one of those books that you read when you want something light and funny. Not a whole lot of brain or heart involved. I wish it was free like some of this author's other books. I might not download them in a rush to read - it's not the type of writing style or book that sinks its claws into me. Only intense passion, love, suspense, mystery, etc. can do that to me.

This was not that.

The story is simple: small town hot firefighter meets the geeky girl he always like
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
4 George Cooney Stars

You can't go wrong with a crazy pet raccoon, a hot fireman, a woman who manages a sex toy factory and a weirdo freak bad guy that likes sheep WAY too much!

photo thisonetime_zpswtei40j5.jpg

I really enjoyed this faced paced, laugh out loud small town romance. A great read when you need something light and a little sweet. Some of the funny scenes were a little over the top and unrealistic but still had me laughing my ass off!

I loved George Cooney's bonus epilogue at the end.

photo raccoon_zpsare28zbk.gif
April
Feb 27, 2019 rated it liked it
This was funny and pretty different as characters go but i had hoped to like it more. The hottie fireman has a pet raccoon which was fun and adorable and he was definitely swoon worthy! Then we have the female mc who was geeky yet hilarious, for some reason these two just seem to fit together. They have to face scandal and a ton of dildos!! (You’ll have to read to find out about that)
I struggled to rate this book because although I enjoyed it and even laugh out loud several times it fe
Leila
3.5 George Cooney stars!

You know a book that starts with the sentence “a small-town firefighter unaware that a dildo is about to change his life” is going to be a fun story ;)

This was a quirky story about a small town, a firefighter, a video game programmer, a sex toy factory and a pet raccoon, named George Cooney. Really, the raccoon stole the show in every scene he was in. I even submitted to get the bonus epilogue for a funny chapter from his point of view.

I don’t really have much to say, th
Syndi
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun sweet light reading. I like this book very much. The sex toy is a fun aspect of the story. The hero is such a sweet sweet man. The heroine is free spirited. I just wish there is more steam on the steamy department.

George deserves a book of his own. Overal this is a fun read.

4 stars
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy, shelly, audible
What do you get when you cross a scene stealing raccoon, a hot and sexy firefighter, a geeky and smart and beautiful virgin, a sex toy factory and small town, sometimes small-minded people? Shenanigans, wild and crazy shenanigans.

Such wild and crazy shenanigans that you find yourself grinning like a fool, laughing aloud at the outrageous of some of the hilarious situations Cassie and Ryan find themselves in. Seriously, I need those rules for dildo football STAT. And someone make a book with all
Vashti
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Rom/com,really not my go for romance,but I enjoy Lili Vcalente and thought to give this a try.The romance was sweet,and the comedy part was ok,I did chuckle a few times.George Clooney,the pet raccoon stole the book for me.There seems to be potential for 2 more books about the other brothers....but as my son likes to say....We'll see....
I am thinking that rom/ com is not my thing.
Erin
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just an average day for small town firefighter Ryan O' Dell and his team when they get a 911 call to douse the flames at the new sex toy factory. Townspeople hold divided loyalties over if the factory is good for the economy, or if it is welcoming pervision into their town. Holding down the fort is the owner's sister and she and Ryan have a history. Cassie Sunderwell will never forgive her high school humilation led by Ryan. A nerd and a virgin still, Cassie cannot deny that she is still attrac ...more
Stephanie
Jun 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
Nope

It was really funny, which I liked. It was a little too ridiculous at times. I was mostly enjoying the story until Ryan said he'd had his share of great nights with great women (not exact wording but pretty close). Was that necessary? Could he not have been more discriminate with past partners, especially since he lives in a small town? Or, maybe he shouldn't have had any past partners at all. She didn't. It is almost always like this in books these days. The men have experience, and the wom
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious and sweet rom-com….

Put two of my favourite authors together and they came up with rom-com genius! Cassie and Ryan had history but once they got it sorted out things didn’t settle down like you might think. No, their sizzle blazed hot (thank goodness Ryan was a yummy fireman!) and was peppered with sweetness and laughter. They were both all about being real and their reality right now? Yeah, one side-splitting disaster after another… And it was more than that – as if that wasn’t enough!
Jacob Proffitt
May 13, 2020 marked it as unfinished
I wanted to like this but stalled out. And then I had a hard time wanting to pick it up. And then I started analyzing the characters and that turned out to be fatal. I mean, at heart, Cassie is pulling a monster "doing it for your own good" by stepping into her sister's company when her sister has told her not to bother. They've had a couple of conversations where the sister is all "nah, really, let it go, I don't care" and Cassie is all "I'll preserve it for when you come to your senses". Which ...more
Ivy Deluca
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
3.25 stars - Full review to come.
Jodi
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Couldn’t even BEGIN to pick what I loved best and as I don’t want to give any spoilers, that’s probably for the best. Suffice it to say, this book was amazing. In all the ways.
Anne in VA
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
I can't, I just can't! This book may be cute for some, but the crazy kookiness is so over the top it's just ridiculous--and not in a fun way.
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: January 15, 2019
Actual Rating: 4 stars

Small Town | Romantic Comedy | Interconnected Standalones

Romantic Comedies are among my favorite types of books. I love a book that will not only charm me but make me laugh out loud. In my pursuit of finding the next great romcom I stumbled upon this series by Pippa Grant and Lili Valente and all my wishes came true! This is one heck of a funny book. George Cooney stole the show, but I did love the main characters too. This book is a smal
Ambriehl Khalil
⭐️ [3.75/5 Stars] ⭐️
Coco.V
May 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💞Hosed is on sale for $0.99 (regular price $3.99) on Amazon today (5/30/2019) !💞
⭐ Emerson ⭐
May 14, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: own-not-read
This books sounds hilarious and it’s FREE!

description
Jacqueline's Reads
3.5 Oh what can I say Stars

As you can see I am in the minority here on the rating. Look, 3.5 stars isn’t a bad book for me. I thought it was a good book, but there were issues I had. I felt like the romance aspect of the book was the back-burner or better yet overshadowed by the side plot and comical tone of the book. I didn’t feel like the chemistry between the main characters, but the funny dialogue saved the book for me.

The best part of the book was how funny the town was. The side characters
Emily
Cassie agrees to help her sister, Savannah out after she finds out her husband betrayed her in a way she couldn't even put in words, well she did with a big banner but Savannah needs to leave to try to find herself again. Cassie doesn't know the first thing about running a sex toy factory, she tries her best especially since she has never even had sex before. Then she runs into the boy she hates after a highschool incident that mortified her, but firefighter Ryan O'Dell has become a man who she ...more
Kait Nolan
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I need 10 stars. This book is a million of my favorite tropes and every funny thought Pippa Grant and Lili Valente have ever had dumped into a blender and poured out into a book that must come with a DO NOT CONSUME BEVERAGES OR ATTEMPT TO OPERATE HEAVY MACHINERY WHILE READING label because you will be arrested for being under the influence of irrepressible snort laughter. MOAR NOW.
Clau
Dec 11, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was very weird... in the perfect way.
Cassie is a woman who came to Happy Cat (I don't know how high you have to be to name a town like that, but whatever) to help her younger sister with her business. Even when the business is a sex toy shop right in the middle of the town, and Cassie knows nothing about sex toys.
She has only been in town for two weeks when part of the factory sets on fire. And that's how she meets Ryan, a firefighter.
I really liked the pace of the story and its char
Darcy
Jun 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
For a bit this book was popping up all over my feed. I read the blurb, thought it might work for me and decided to give it a whirl. I knew going into it, the book was supposed to be over the top and it was, but it felt like the authors were trying to hard. I can get Savannah finding out her husband cheating one her, but with who...too over the top, along with her reaction. Even Savannah's livelihood seemed to be too much, then you throw in a fire, where everyone is clueless, acting like a Three ...more
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
A firefighter and a code writer walk into a sex toy factory...

It sounds like the beginning of a dirty joke but really it’s just the start of a really fun book!!

I have always enjoyed Pippa Grant and Lili Valente’s writing, so without question, I was ready to read their first collaboration. (I mean, there is going to be more, right? Because I NEED Jace’s story!!)

Cassie has returned to her hometown to take over running her sister’s sex toy factory while she’s out of the country escaping from a cr
belle ☆ミ (mybookcastle)
ryan and cassie were ADORABLE!!! cassie's a gamer geek while ryan's a firefighter. as her sister recuperates from a divorce, cassie's left with savannah's sex toy factory in happy cat. ryan's really sweet with cassie. plus, he's fiercely protective of his younger brothers. if he could put them away from harms way, he would. a series of misdoings (fires/explosion, sex toys galore on the streets etc) are pulling cassie and ryan together. there's very little angst and drama but i still loved it. th ...more
Amanda Steward
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 *Trash Panda* stars
I absolutely loved listening to this book. I’ve never laughed so hard in my life. I’ve never thought about having a raccoon as a pet but this book makes me want to have one.
Tami Talbert
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hosed is entertaining, charming and fun from beginning to end. This collaboration between Pippa Grant and Lili Valente is absolutely fantastic. Replete with comical, laugh out loud moments including a raccoon named George, a little bit of suspense, as well as hot and sexy escapades, Cassie and Ryan’s story is absolutely perfect. I didn’t want to stop reading and certainly wasn’t ready to leave the community of Happy Cat behind. But with so many wonderful characters, I certainly am hoping for mor ...more
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Cassie is a code-writing nerd who's moved back temporarily (she hopes!) to take over running her sister's sex toy factory. Cassie isn't sure she's cut out to run a sex toy factory, but her sister needs her, so here she comes.

Cassie is really, really unhappy to find out who her new neighbor is, too - Ryan, the boy she had a huge crush on back in the day. Only he's no longer a boy. Nope, he's a very sexy, very bossy firefighter who has a pet raccoon named George Cooney...

But ignoring her body's re
Expandable Garden Hose Reviews 1 2 Oct 02, 2019 01:04AM
Goodreads Librari...: two book listings 3 13 Feb 04, 2019 03:57PM

• Bang Theory (The Bangover #2)
  • The Bangover (The Bangover #1)
  • Wild Open Hearts (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Bang on Loosely (The Bangover #3)
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • By a Thread
  • The Price Of Scandal (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The Panty Melter (Hunter Brothers #4)
  • Blissed (Misfit Brides, #1)
  • Love According to Science (Dirty Martini Running Club #2)
  • Gin Fling (Bootleg Springs, #5)
  • Protecting What's Mine
  • Smittened (Misfit Brides, #3)
  • Royal Package
  • Bourbon Bliss (Bootleg Springs, #4)
  • Sugared (Misfit Brides, #4)
  • Moonshine Kiss (Bootleg Springs #3)
  • Highball Rush (Bootleg Springs #6)
Pippa Grant is a USA Today Bestselling author who writes romantic comedies that will make tears run down your leg. When she's not reading, writing or sleeping, she's being crowned employee of the month as a stay-at-home mom and housewife trying to prepare her adorable demon spawn to be productive members of society, all the while fantasizing about long walks on the beach with hot chocolate chip co ...more

Happy Cat (4 books)
  • Hammered (Happy Cat, #2)
  • Hitched (Happy Cat, #3)
  • Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)