Start by marking “Warrior of the Wild” as Want to Read:
Warrior of the Wild

Warrior of the Wild

How do you kill a god?

As her father's chosen heir, eighteen-year-old Rasmira has trained her whole life to become a warrior and lead her village. But when her coming-of-age trial is sabotaged and she fails the test, her father banishes her to the monster-filled wilderness with an impossible quest: To win back her honor, she must kill the oppressive god who claims tribute f
Published February 26th 2019 by Feiwel & Friends

Tricia Levenseller
Jul 20, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I have officially finished the last edits for this book! I’m very proud of how it turned out, and I’d like to clarify a few things. First, this book is Viking-INSPIRED. It is not straight up Viking. For the most part, the world building is entirely made up, but you will see some Viking similarities. I’ve also been asked a lot whether or not there is a romance in this book. There is. I honestly don’t think I could ever write a book without one. Also, this book is a stand-alone. No sequels or spin ...more
Kayla Dawn
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned-books
Maybe I should just stop reading YA. They're all the fucking same (Obviously not ALL of them. But most of them).

Loads of potential, all wasted on an unnecessary, forced romance and an annoying extremely basic protagonist. Ugh.
Nick
Jan 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
Vikings?

Say no more.
Melanie (TBR and Beyond)
"Each scar marks me as a survivor.  A Warrior of the Wild."

Tricia Levenseller knocks it out of the part for me again.  I just adore her writing and her strong, intelligent female characters.  She also has her banter game on-point.

It's not secret that I'm a huge fan of Tricia's debut duology Daughter of the Pirate King and when I heard she was writing a viking inspired story, I was pretty excited to say the least.  Did it live up to my expectations? Of course it did! Rasmira, our protagonist,
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 Viking inspired stars!

Warrior of the Wild is about Rasmina, a young warrior girl who is sabotaged during her village's test and banished to the wild with an impossible task: kill the local god they pay tribute to and she can come back. While banished Rasmina meets two boys who have been in the wild a year since they were banished from their own village when they failed their tests. Together, the three of them help to defeat their tasks in the hopes of returning home.

I discovered Levenseller
Brittany
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars!!
🌟🌟🌟🌟

From the author who brought us Daughter of the Pirate King- Warrior of the Wild has a well thought out plot and non-stop action from the very first page. With twists and turns, almost from the very start, I could not help but be captivated by this Viking-type story.

We follow MC Rasmira, youngest of 6 girls, all born to the village leader. Her father has raised her to be a warrior- and to be the one to take his place as ruler in the future. She is good at everything she does- and
Jodi Meadows
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
Hi all! Want to win an ARC?
I'm doing a giveaway on my Twitter! Click here to enter!
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
COVER REVEAL!!! And I love it =D
---
Now reading the posted synopsis and I just have to say, Vikings!!? Hell yes!
---
Loved the author's debut! I am excited to read more of her work.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sabrina
VIKINGS + ROMANCE, that’s all I had to know to want to read this book.
And I’m so happy that I did. I thoughtfully enjoyed this one.

”I realize then that even if I don’t have any answers, even if I don’t know where to go or what to do, I now know one thing.
I don’t want to die.”

3.5/5 ★.
Roobie
2 stars

You may know what is best for you, but you have no right to say what is best for someone else.

I spent most of the book being annoyed at the main characters. I found them childish and I couldn't connect with them at all. Which is sad because I was looking forward to a Viking story but if the characters don't do it for me then nothing will.

Thank god for mean Iric and the few moments of joy he gave me.
warhawke
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Genre: YA Fantasy
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

Rasmira Bendrauggo longed to be normal and unburdened by expectations. As the daughter and heiress apparent of the village leader, she was expected to excel in her upcoming Trials. But what supposed to be an easy victory turned into a fight for survival in the harsh land of the Wild.

I also know that true strength comes from being willing to fail in order to progress. That—if nothing else—is what I have learned from my mattugr
Joleen (starlightbooktales)
4.5 Stars

Warrior of the Wild was an inspiring adventure that I didn’t know I needed! From the first page, I was immersed into the beautiful world that Tricia Levenseller created and I had the most difficult time putting the book down.

This book centers around Rasmira, a young warrior who is intent on following her father's footsteps and become the leader of their village. Each warrior must pass a coming-of-age trial and young Rasmira has never been more ready to take her place as heir. During the
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)
Welcome to my stop on the tour for Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller! Today I have a moodboard to share with you, but I also wanted to give you a very short recap about how I felt about the book! Because spoiler, it's awesome.

Oh hi, this book is awesome. And frankly, I'd feel remiss if I didn't tell you so. Even though this isn't actually a review post, here's some reasons to

Jessica
"A man who finds his masculinity threatened by a powerful woman is no man at all." -Warrior of the Wild (PREACH, TRICIA!)

I have loved Levenseller's two previous books (Daughter of the Pirate King and Daughter of the Siren Queen) and was eagerly anticipating her third on a wholly new fantasy topic. Warrior of the Wild features a strong woman warrior protagonist who is up against seemingly impossible odds. The novel gallops at breakneck speed toward its epic conclusion and includes a soft twist of
Chelsea
I really liked this take on Vikings. It’s definitely not a “Viking story” it’s just heavily influenced by Norse mythology and culture. But I do love me a good badass female protagonist, which is what Raz is. For being such a short standalone, there’s some good character growth and world development packed in there. Definitely a fun story.
Bright Star
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book was so shallow and predictable and with flat characters, that I almost fell asleep while reading it.
To think I loooved Daughter of the Pirate King while this one was a huge flop.
What a disappointment.
Adah Udechukwu
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Warrior of the Wild was pretty awesome. It was a quick read that showed that they might be challenges that seem insurmountable but when you effectively exert yourself you will succeed.
Lauren Chamberlin
2.5
I think this is the final nail in the coffin in that I am not a fan of Tricia's writing style. It just takes me forever to sort through it, and I never seem to build any connections with the characters.
Rasmira is going through a lot throughout this story and in her life. Her village and others around them are governed by this malevolent god who takes whatever he wants whether thats through crops, minerals, or women, and people are filled with fear. Rasmira stumbles upon this and is forever sc
milou  ☁️
I've been cast out and rejected by my village. I've been sleeping on the ground in the wild. I have a ridiculous boy following me everywhere I go. But I am a warrior! I am Rasmira Bendraggo, and I'm going to kill this beast.

Wow, this was a pleasant surprise. Rasmira has spend her whole life trying to live up to her family's expectations, and certainly those of her father. She is trained a warrior and will one day be the ruler of her village. But then she's banished into the wild after faili
Melissa H
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I literally read this entire book in one sitting, only getting up to grab more snacks!

This story is about a young girl who is to go through the trials for her to become a warrior and an adult in her village. Needless to say, she does not pass. She is to be banished from her home and family; and in order to regain her honor she must defeat the god who has plagued the villages for centuries by killing him.

These tests are given to every person who does not pass their trials in each village. When
Justine
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-read, audiobook
Very simple and straightforward. This would probably be a good pick for that tough to source 11-14 year old age group. It is a fairly unchallenging read but has some good messages about not letting other people define you.

A man who finds his masculinity threatened by a powerful woman is no man at all...You want someone who lifts you up, not tries to bring you down.
Crazy4Books
The main character Rasmira and the two side characters Soren and Iric had distinct and well developped personalities. After Rasmira was betrayed I couldn't help, but become invested in her getting justice which made me feel connected to her. Her realisation that expressing emotions had no bearing on her skills as a warrior was a beautiful thing to witness. I absolutely adored the romance and Soren is now one of my favorite love interest. We need more men who love and support strong women. He was ...more
ʙᴇʟʟᴀ.: ☾**:.☆*.:。.

Warrior of the Wild presents us eighteen-year-old Rasmira, a girl that has trained her whole life to become a warrior and lead her village in a fictional world inspired in Vikings but with its own mythology and creatures.
Our heroine is the daughter of the Village's Leader and her father places upon her big expectations and also, a little bit of special treatment. Because of this, and because she is actually th
nat. (semi-hiatus)
i think the most interesting thing here was this god, and it’s too bad we didn’t get much on his background/history. especially after finding details at the end.

oh and if you’re expecting a whole lot of viking shit happening, it doesn’t. and my disappointment has never been so great!

fantastic cover though 👍🏼
Minni Mouse
DNF at 4% because this is Daughter of the Pirate King with fantasy Vikings...but if we're in a Viking-inspired era, why are there glass windows? Glass windows that weren't commonly used until England in the early 1600s?

Beyond that, I disliked this book almost immediately. The main heroine is already too stupid to live as she loses her mind over a boy who's clearly manipulating her for his own purpose. If you're looking for a good fantasy Viking book, pick up Sky in the Deep.
Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon
I feel similarly towards this as I did Daughter of the Pirate King in the sense that I can very much see the flaws that should've ruined my reading experience, yet nonetheless, I enjoyed it.

Tricia Levenseller has now become an author whom I trust in a similar way I trust Marie Lu and Leigh Bardugo, except unlike them whom I expect to write deep, moving stories with complex characters, I expect Levenseller to simply write fun stories.

Because here's the thing; her books are not these overly compli
Tracy (Cornerfolds)
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, read-2018, romance, ya
Read more of my reviews at Cornerfolds.com!

Tricia Levenseller is an author I have heard a ton about but never read before now. Although pirates never really struck my interest, this Viking-inspired book most definitely did! I was intrigued by this female character being tasked to kill the god and couldn't wait to get my hands on this beautiful book!

Rasmira has spent her entire life preparing to lead her village as her father's heir. She's a warrior-in-training and just needs to pass her final tr
Ann (annreads)
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it

I had SO much fun reading this book! It was a beautiful viking story, full of adventure, friendship and a romance that had me swooning the whole time😍If you're looking for a quick fantasy read, I absolutely loved this one!

4.5/5★★★★★

• Dark Shores (Dark Shores, #1)
  • The Midnight Lie
  • Nocturna (A Forgery of Magic, #1)
  • The Never Tilting World (The Never Tilting World, #1)
  • The Half King (Untitled #1)
  • The Deceivers (Vale Hall, #1)
  • The Girl the Sea Gave Back
  • The Beholder
  • The Merciful Crow (The Merciful Crow, #1)
  • Blood Heir (Blood Heir, #1)
  • The Tiger at Midnight (The Tiger at Midnight Trilogy, #1)
  • Guardians of Dawn (Guardians of Dawn, #1)
  • Dark of the West (Glass Alliance, #1)
  • Crown of Feathers (Crown of Feathers, #1)
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
  • Nameless Queen
  • Untitled
  • A River of Royal Blood (A River of Royal Blood, #1)
Initially from a small town in Oregon, Tricia now lives next to the Rocky Mountains with her bossy dog, Rosy. She received her degree in English Language and editing and is thrilled that she never has to read a textbook again. When she’s not writing or reading, Tricia enjoys putting together jigsaw puzzles, playing volleyball, playing OVERWATCH, and watching shows while eating extra-buttered popco ...more