Start by marking “Kill Me Why? (Chief Inspector Gray James Detective #2)” as Want to Read:
Kill Me Why? (Chief Inspector Gray James Detective #2)

Kill Me Why?

(Chief Inspector Gray James #2)

Colorado Gold MYSTERY AWARD-WINNING author, Daphne Suspense Finalist. Sequel to Bestseller, His Hand In the Storm.

SOME STORMS RAGE INSIDE AND OUT

Gray is standing in the spot where he killed his only son when he hears the news—THE STITCHER is back after a fifteen-year absence. And the victim—lips sutured shut with medical nylon—disappears within minutes of being found at a
Published January 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Kill Me Why?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kill Me Why?

Start your review of Kill Me Why? (Chief Inspector Gray James Detective #2)
Linda Strong
4.5 Stars

KILL ME WHY? is the sequel to HIS HAND IN THE STORM which features Chief Investigator Gray James.

It's been 15 years, but the Stitcher is back. This serial killer is known to leave his victims with their lips sewn shut with nylon sutures. He has left his victim at a Body Farm... but the body has since disappeared before any law official saw it. The woman who runs the Body Farm is as puzzled as James .. and angry that the Sheriff did not believe her.

Unfortunately for James, this happens i
Elaine Tomasso
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank Netgalley and SFWA for a review copy of Kill Me Why?, the second novel to feature DCI Gray James of the Vancouver police.

Gray is spending the Christmas holidays at his father’s home in Halfmoon Bay on British Columbia’s Sunshine Coast when he is asked to unofficially visit a crime scene, and what a scene. Dr Emmy Kaur runs a body farm and claims that there was a dead body lying on one of her sites which disappeared while she went to report it. Her description of the corpse
Cathy Geha
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kill Me Why? by Ritu Sethi
Chief Inspector Gray James Detective Mystery #2

Dead bodies? Yes
A murderer to find? Definitely
Weird things going on in town? Without a doubt
Characters I could relate to? Not many
Did I enjoy this book? Yes
Do I want to read more in this series? Of course!

After reading book one in the series I was eager to find out just what would happen in Gray James life. His estranged wife and an unknown toddler daughter appeared on his doorstep at the end of book one and I wondered how
Ed
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kill me Why

Although I started this series book 2 (my mistake) I'm excited the read book 1. Kill me Why kept me glued to page after page was an event. Very well written.
River
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keeps you on the edge of your seat!

I loved this story! I was left wondering just who had done it until the very end. I loved the character of James Gray and really want to know what happens next! The one thing I struggled with was having not read book one. If you haven’t yet, I definitely recommend reading it first.
Grace Koshida
Chief Inspector Gray James has returned to Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia for the first time in three years. Still traumatized by the drowning death of his son Craig, he accompanies his friend, forensic scientist John Seymour to a nearby body farm used for research. The research head, Dr. Emmy Kaur claims to have found a male victim with his lips sutured shut with medical nylon but that the body disappeared within minutes of her going to report the crime. Has the killer known as the Stitcher ret ...more
Marissa
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads Kindle Copy Win

An absent fifteen year killer has return as Inspector James returns to his hometown where he had a hand in his own son died.

He is thrown into the case as the body disappears and his world starts to crumble around him as his wife threatens to leave him. Can he figure out what is going on before the town becomes flooded?

A fast paced gripping story that leaves you with another question in the end.
Bev
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it, have-read
This story is book 2 in a series. Detective Gray James has a secret he needs to keep hid about his son. In the mean time, The Stitcher has returned after being gone over 10 years. A victim is found near the Body Farm with the lips stitched shut with medical thread. Something is brewing in the quaint and peaceful coastal town of Halfmoon Bay. Can Detective James catch The Stitcher before his wife leaves taking everything that matters to him and the flood hits the town? You will have to read the b ...more
betty.gradneysbcglobal.net
I enjoyed this book. It was a real "cat and mouse"type of read. The main character 's name fit his grey personality. I would have given it a 5 star rating, but I do not enjoy " cliffhangers ". In this case, I was ready for the answer to the "big question" of who dun it, and the story ends.
Ameya
Jul 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5* What started off as an unusual story with quirky characters and an uncommon setting, (without giving away spoilers, it’s where Dr. Emmy Kaur works and lives) turned into a plodding read.

The characters were varied, but not particularly engaging and all the relationships were flawed. If DCI Gray James was to be believable and appealing to the reader, he should have been easier to read. Which woman, if any, did he love? It seemed he was playing one woman off against each other, not a likable q
Bridget
An extremely unusual but fascinating read with a raft of interesting, nuanced characters. This dark mystery really lured me in and the second half of the book in particular was packed full of action and many surprises with a twist that comes out of nowhere. Ritu Sethi created a wonderful atmosphere for the story, complete with winter storms and lashing rain. The main protagonist was DCI Gray James, working for Vancouver police, who was a man trying to accept his own history. There were some hint ...more
Suzan
Aug 13, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
What I liked about this book. I really liked the area the story takes place in Vancouver Canada. The starting of the story had me really interested. I had not read other books in this series yet and maybe that is part of my problem with the characters. I had a hard time with the characters they came across as one dimensional to me and uninteresting. I also kept thinking I had read this book before but I knew I had not. It is very similar to other stories I have read just a different setting. So ...more
Diane E
Smuggling and murder

Quite a good story . Lots of typos . Gray James is back in British Columbia for Christmas with his father , estranged wife and newly discovered daughter . A body is found , however it disappears before anything can be investigated . It is a difficult time for James as it reminds him of the loss of his son . Very puzzling .
Joanne
Apr 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent Mystery

Not as suspenseful as it could have been and not enough info on the art smuggling to make it such an intricate part of the ending. Not as good as the first book way to much of the detectives personal life and cliff hanger at the end was way too farfetched, just used to make reader want to read next book way to obvious a marketing tool.
Max Higgins
Jul 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty much like book 1 of Gray series. A lot of talk about the bone yard to fill in story. If Gray is back with his wife you’d never know it the way she treats him. She left him and then came back without notice expecting him to accept everything as is no questions asked, etc. Back and forth with so many characters lost track of who was whom. Otherwise, not to bad.
Rita
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It is full of excitement that doesn't seem to end. I love how the author has kept my attention throughout this book. I love the unusual characters and want to know more about them all. The plot is wonderful and forever being changed. I will need to read more of this series and more of this author's books!
David Pearce
Fast paced with a lot going on, conflicts and histories between characters galore. Personally, I would have liked it to be a little more focused on one or two conflicts, but that's just me. Enjoyable and fun.
Carol
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unusual

Complicated plot with interesting characters. Murders, disappearing bodies, and a possible serial killer. The ending is a surprise and the story is completed in two others of the series.
gwen graves
Aug 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really twisted story

Wow the end was a real mind blowing finish. I like the characters and they certainly where flawed, which a lot of stories the hero is close to perfect. Not this story.
Linda K. Cole
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Enjoyed this book. Plenty of twists and turns. Don't. Know who the guilty party is until the very end. Can't wait to read her next book.
Lynn Lustig
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Gray James is my obsession. Can't wait for next book in this series. Great can't put down read for mystery lovers.
Christine Kuehn Kelly
Exciting and convoluted

The plot is tricky and the characters believable. A.m.interesting setting pills you in. easy read for fans of crime fiction.
Diane Robinette
Kill me why

This book was very confusing throughout. I kept thinking it would get better but even to the end I did not understand who killed who
Frances Click
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thriller!

A fast read. Had to read to see the next twist and turn. I only partially guessed the ending, so that's awesome!
Sandy
May 06, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not bad not good

I had really hard time getting into this one. It just did seem all that interesting . I didn't know going in that it was part of a series so be aware of that.
Sherlyn K. Anderson
Wonderful Book! GREAT READ!

One of those that you Can't put down until the end!
Anxiously awaiting the next BOOK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! PLEASE!
Roland Freeman
Aug 21, 2020
Noleen
Sep 06, 2020
Barbara Duff
Feb 23, 2019
Maria Baumgartner
Mar 12, 2019

• Stealing Power (Detectives India Kane & AJ Colt, #1)
  • Bad To The Bones (Evan Buckley Thriller, #1)
  • The Neighbour: a fast paced mystery which will keep you guessing until the very end
  • Between Two Thieves (Between Two Thieves #1)
  • All Eyes on Me (Miranda and Parker Mystery #1)
  • Hunt For Justice (Justice #1-2)
  • When The Stranger Came
  • Harder They Fall: Harder They Fall Private Investigator Crime Thriller Series
  • In The Fog
  • Last Call (Janet Black Mystery, #1)
  • Come What May
  • See You Soon
  • Heartless (Derek Cole, #1)
  • Sniper's Nest (Detective Jesse McCord #1)
  • Cliffs of Laguna Beach (Ryan-Hunter series)
  • Baby Snatchers (Detectives India Kane & AJ Colt #2)
  • The Wages of Sin (Detectives India Kane & AJ Colt #3)
  • Cold Comfort (Bridgette Cash Mystery Thriller Book 1)

Ritu Sethi can be followed on BookBub, by clicking:

Ritu needs coffee (her patch for Coca Cola), beaches, and murder mysteries to survive – not necessarily in that order. She won the Colorado Gold Award for the first in the Chief Inspector Gray James Murder Mystery Series, His Hand In the Storm. The book was also a Daphne du Maurier Suspense finalist.

She has

Chief Inspector Gray James (2 books)
  • His Hand In the Storm (Chief Inspector Gray James #1)