Start by marking “Lust in Translation: A Harbour Point SEAL Novel” as Want to Read:
Lust in Translation: A Harbour Point SEAL Novel

Lust in Translation: A Harbour Point SEAL Novel

Beginning a new career as a linguist at Harbour Point SEAL base is a fresh start. It’s a way to bury my loss.
The grief.
The façade my shot-gun marriage has become.
It is the only bright spot in an otherwise dim existence.
I don’t expect to rekindle a friendship with a wildly cocky, always humorous, and sometimes demanding Navy SEAL. I’m supposed to teach him foreign languag
Published March 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Lust in Translation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lust in Translation

Leo (Queen of the Rants and the Crazy)
Rachel Robinson
Mar 11, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Lust in Translation is LIVE!!!

Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2TW2cN8
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2Y4f6I8

Want to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card? Enter here: http://bit.ly/2HGFfb9

photo 53934108_2133525506739131_8863170958148501504_o_zpsgnwyecww.png
Laundry
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's official. Rachel Robinson's lot in life is to extract as many tears from her readers as humanly possible. Chapter 1? Big fat crocodile tears. Halfway through the book, tears brimming my eyes. 75ish% into the book, more giant tears. Epilogue? SOBBING UNCONTROLLABLY. Lust in Translation will evoke emotions from you that you didn't even know you were capable of feeling in one sitting. It's THAT good.

Story Line: Kendall and Adam are married. I would say they're college sweethearts, but that's a
Brooke Gunderman-Harris
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a stand-alone that can be read by itself but you get a better back story of Kendall & Leo if you read Stealing It. Through the whole Seal Series you can see the changes and what has become the new normal for WWIII.

In Stealing It I had mixed feelings about Leo because on the surface he didn’t seem like the best guy. So going into this book I tried my best to have an open mind about him and not being over assumptions from Stealing It. But the more I read the more I fell in love with L
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC gifted by author in exchange for an honest review.

Lust in Translation is Kendall and Leo’s story. If you have been reading the Bronze Bay series, you know that Kendall is Magnolia’s daughter from Stealing It. Leo is the stinker that caused all the problems in their relationship.

Several years later these two are grown up. They have lost touch and Kendall is married to Adam. What we find out about their marriage is a hard pill to swallow. A marriage that was based on things that never came t
Amy
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of The Book Boyfriend Addict. A complimentary copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

"I want you. I want to be tangled in your thoughts forever,"

Kendall Simmons just wants to move on with her life after the terrible loss she has endured. Taking the first step to reclaim some of which she has lost she take a job as a linguist at Harbour Point SEAL base where her first and only student is none other than Leo Calloway the man she met when she still lived at home in
Nicole Westmoreland
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Kendell Simmons decides to move forward with her life, she never realized she would be putting SEAL Leo Callaway back in her life as well. Introduced to Kendell and Leo in the Bronze Bay series, this book, Lust In Translation, A Harbour Point SEAL Novel, dives deeper into their “friendship”. Kendell is now married to Adam, because of a pregnancy which unfortunately ended with a still birth. Kendell and Adam’s relationship is heavily strained, and now adding broody and interested Leo into th ...more
Carolyn Spence
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't know what to expect with this book. The first page started it all. The reason for her grief, where she is now but it did not show where she had to go. I kept reading and was very intrigued, I hated Kendall going to therapy as you could tell it wasn't working. She gets a new job and that is the one solitary thing that she can focus on and she feels different. She reconnects with Leo, a boy she knew when she was a teenager. She starts to flourish or really starts to understand what is hap ...more
Jessica
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reading the blurb, I knew who Kendall was... her mom and now step-dad are from a prior book. (Awesome story - go read it if you haven’t already.) So I go read my review from that story which I wrote something along the lines of I hope Kendall gets her own romance story, but not with Leo.
But guess who is the leading man in this one!!!
And let me tell you - I LOVE LEO!!!
And I kinda love Adam. Kinda. Or maybe I’m having mixed feelings. I’m all confused on Adam. I don’t know how I really feel about h
Chasidy
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lust in Translation is my first read by Rachel Robinson and it will not be my last. Days after finishing and I still can’t get Leo & Kendall’s story. I don’t feel my review will do their story justice.

Kendall is overcoming one of the worst tragedies imaginable and she is struggling to find herself again. Deciding to join the world again, she re-enters the workforce. She never dreams of running into her childhood crush, Leo. After being dead inside for so long, she finally feels something. L
Denise
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Received ARC for a honest review

Kendall is all grown up, married and dealing with her personal hell. With a start of a new job she always knew that she would run into other SEALS on base but never did she think that one of them would be Leo Calloway. Yup, that Navy SEAL.

This one was a tough read, because of the subject at hand, it will grab you by the heart and fat tears will pour from you. Your heart will literally ache form all the emotions and pain. I read this one in one day, just couldn’t
Vicki
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love conquers everything! When you find your one, your moment, nothing else matters!!!! Rachel has weaved a story that pulls you in slowly, lighting a fire in your soul that burns away slowly, building you up to that one moment that you’ve wanted and needed, the moment your heart is full. This book is filled with emotion and a connection so deep you won’t want to put it down. This may be my favourite book to date!!!
Catlou
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kendall and Leo have a second chance at their friendship. Kendall’s struggling to climb out of a very dark place and do what’s right. Leo’s trying to be the friend Kendall needs, but life throws him a challenge he may not be able to overcome. OMG, this is such an emotional read! Kendall and Leo’s relationship started in Bronze Bay’s “Stealing It.” It’s a roller coaster of feelings with lots of ups and downs and twists and turns. It will tug at your heartstrings and bring out all your emotions. O ...more
Ri
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

What a beautiful story that comes full circle. I loved the characters and watching them go through their struggles. It always amazes me how resilient the human body is. Especially the heart.

I really appreciate the care that the author took to make certain things authentic. Language is a passion of mine so that was also a bonus.
Katie S
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lust in Translation

I have to admit, when Rachel said Leo was her new favorite hero, I was very skeptical- how could anyone surpass Maverick?! I am happy to say that I have made room in my fictional character heart for Leo, because he is one of the most honorable and selfless characters I’ve ever read.

Lust in Translation is one of the best pieces I’ve ever read. It has just the right amount of heartache and pulse pounding plot twists, and the two main characters are complex and gut wrenching.

K
Cat
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book just emotionally crippled me
A story of Love and Loss and a Romance that will tear your heart out.
Kendall and Adam have to experience so much within their marriage, you wonder if they could ever survive it. Can a Love endure such devestation and be everlasting when communication is broken down.
It is a tear jerker so be warned
Beautifully and respectfully written, I did enjoy reading this book it took my breath away.
Excellent read and I highly recommend it.
Marybeth
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so grateful to have received an ARC of this book. I really loved this wonderfully written and very emotional story. I am new to Rachel, this is only the second book I've read, but I intend to read more from her for sure. Wow this book will stay with me for a while. Let me just put it this way, the irony that Kendall is a linguist will not be lost on anyone.
Kendall has been through one of the worst things a woman can go through in her lifetime. It has effected her mentally and emotionally a
Sarah  G
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved that we got to see Kendall all grown up. That poor girl...

I'm glad Leo was able to finally redeem himself. He's still cocky as ever, but at least we know why he was the way he was in Stealing It.

I loved it!!
Tasha Raines
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolute PERFECTION. Rachel Robinson sure knows how to twist your heart into feeling every emotion possible. In all the right ways. I couldn't get enough of Leo and Kendall, couldn't flip the pages fast enough, nor did I want this to end. I can't even put into proper words what I feel right now. I do know what I just read is a top book this year for me. Leo and Kendall saved one another, just at different times. Kendall was trying to piece together what she felt was left of herself ...more
J.E. Benoit
4.5 Stars

A few years ago we started the journey in this “world” on the west coast with the Real SEAL Series and then moved down to Florida with Bronze Bay SEALS and now we’ve moved up the coast to learn about the Harbour Point SEALS. While all of these books can be read on their own, it’s been kind of fascinating to follow this journey the whole way through and see how much has changed and how much has stayed the same when it comes to the “new normal” in the country in the face of World War III.
Pnina Azar
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How can I describe this book, first I begin with the characters I knew through Robinson's previous book Stealing It (Bronze Bay SEALs) and I had the feeling that she would surprise in the book about Kendall, but I did not think Leo would come back to the picture.

I want to admit that Robinson does an excellent job in the book, touching us with the painful soul, marital problems, loss, and grief, Tragedy, and Liberation.
The story is written with a lot of emotion, on the one hand, I laughed on the
Tricia
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My Review (ARC provided)
Five stars!

This title is perfect!

Rachel killed it with this book and killed me in the process. From the beginning, she pulls out all the emotions and keeps going. I love how this book was about Kendall!! I was hoping she would write her story and man did she!!

“An epic love deserves an epic fight.”

Love triangles are hard for me and let me say its not a cheating sort of love triangle but more of an emotional one. It has just the amount of an
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kendall Simmons is drowning in grief and her marriage is in shambles. She and Adam attend therapy, say the right things, and leave. Then return a week later to repeat. Nothing is ever solved and no one ever says what they’re truly feeling, just what they think the other wants to hear. In an attempt to move on, after the loss of her baby girl, Kendall applies and accepts a job as a linguist at Harbour Point SEAL base. Initially, she’ll teach Spanish. While preparing for her first class, she’s sho ...more
Elizabeth
Mar 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2nd-chance, arc, eram
I'm struggling a little bit here because this is a book that I really wanted to like. The premise floated in the blurb - the idea that someone has experienced a tragedy and could find purpose and pull themselves back up via hard work and friendship appealed to me.
That story is here to a certain extent as we follow Kendall's journey, but for me that message got muddled into other pieces of the story. I liked Lust in Translation, but I didn't love it. The book is well written and there isn't one
MsquaredBookBlog
4.5 Stars

Lust in Translation is the all new stand-alone novel by Rachel Robinson. It was sooooo good! There are so many sensitive subjects this story touches on and I feel that Ms. Robinson did a wonderful job with it. From loss, to grief, to friendship and love, Lust in Translation is one beautifully written story.

If you’ve read Ms. Robinson’s Bronze Bay series, you’ll know that we’ve met Kendall in a previous story. My feelings towards her went back and forth. My heart ached for her in the be
Katie S
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Leo for the win!!!!

I have to admit, when Rachel said Leo was her new favorite hero, I was very skeptical- how could anyone surpass Maverick?! I am happy to say that I have made room in my fictional character heart for Leo, because he is one of the most honorable and selfless characters ever created.

Kenda
Susan Trewick
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is Kendall and Leo’s story, we first meet them in the bronze bay series, you don’t have to read that series to enjoy this book but I suggest you do as it’s fabulous!

After suffering a tragic loss and her marriage in tatters, Kendall decides its time to move forward and does that by accepting a job as a translator. The job brings Leo, an old friend back into her life and reawakens old feelings. Their path to a happy ever after is not smooth or pretty, it’s long and winding that will have you
Tasha Raines
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I literally can't do this book justice with my review.

Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lust in Translation by Rachel Robinson is honesty of the best books I have ever read. It has heartache and heart pounding plot twists, and the two main characters are complex and gut wrenching.

This was a tale of love, loss and second chances that had put me in an emotional wringer throughout the entire story. I fell in love with every aspect of this story and was on the edge of my seat just waiting to see how everything gets resolved.
I felt every single emotion from these characters. The utter
Terry
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Simply a heart wrenching read!

Six months after a tragic loss, Kendall is trying to move on and gets a job at Harbour Point SEAL base as a linguist. That is where she sees Leo ... she had a crush on him when she was 17. But he was an arrogant cocky 19 year old that just got out of SEAL training and by the looks of things, 5 years later ... he hasn’t changed a bit. Will Kendall walk away from her husband for a love that she doesn’t even know is reciprocated?

This book is so sad ... right from the v
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Rachel grew up in a small, quiet town full of loud talkers. Her words were always only loud on paper. She has been writing stories and creating characters for as long as she can remember. After living on the west coast for many years she recently moved to Virginia Beach, VA.