Start by marking “Blood Covenant” as Want to Read:
Blood Covenant

Blood Covenant

Mobster Michael Franzese had it all - money, power, prestige. The he did the unthinkable. He quit the mob. Find out how and why Michael did what no one else managed to do - and live.
Published October 9th 2003 by Whitaker Distribution (first published December 31st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Covenant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Covenant

Start your review of Blood Covenant
Cristiana
Why would you ruin a pretty decent book by wasting the last 20 pages talking about nothing else but God and trying to push your beliefs on me? I'm sorry but I don't buy it.
Cameo
Jul 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing!! It's a true story - an autobiography by Michael Franzese an ex-mafia guy who converted to Christianity, quite the mob, and is alive still to tell his story!! It was easy reading and very captivating. I just love his conversion because although it is amazing, he relates how it was a struggle and still requires constant work because we are all sinners and we all sin every day. It is only through the grace of our Savior that we have any hope of being saved!! James went with ...more
Daniel Fazzina
Aug 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a fascinating read - an insider's look at the real mafia, and a redeeming personal spiritual memoir at the same time. I enjoyed this book very much. I had an opportunity to have Michael Franzese as a guest on my radio show, "Divine Intervention." He was able to tell his story of coming to faith in Christ, and how he managed to leave the mob without going into witness protection or turning state's evidence. A truly fascinating interview, and a powerful testimony to the redeeming and ...more
Meagan Church
Sep 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Franzese's story is an interesting one. While this book was a departure from my typical reads, I did enjoy it and was fascinated by the dramatic twists and turns that his life has taken. How amazing to go from a Mob captain to a born-again Christian who is not afraid to share his testimony. Very powerful.
Jeanne
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hats off to Michael, who did the impossible and still is alive to tell about it. I picked up this book after hearing him speak and really wanted to know more of his story than could be told in a 1 hour lecture.
Tony
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
Interesting for the inside view of the mob, but couldn't tell what exactly was true, embellishment, bravado or lies. Meh.
Joanna Jennings
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Quite an amazing story! This is a five star book in many ways, the writing is conversational, and at times its really intense. His testimony is so powerful, and the way Christianity became real to him was through careful evaluation, not just an emotional decision. His relationship with Cammy is a mess that God turns to a miracle. It is definitely not a blueprint for Christians to follow. Reminds me of the verse I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy Why God has mercy on any of us is a ...more
Leslie
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! First of all, if you like audiobooks, then definitely listen to this one. Its awesome to hear Michaels story from his own mouth! Secondly, his story is crazy! If you love mob stories with a little bit of romance and a twist ending, definitely check this book out. And the best part is - its all true! Michael does a FANTASTIC job retelling his experiences in the mob and his life after. Its only by Gods grace that he is still alive! I had the privilege of meeting and hearing Michael speak a ...more
Adam Calvert
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I actually heard Franzese speak at The Great Homeschool Convention in Cincinnati in 2017. And he covered a lot of the same topics in that talk as he did in this book.

It's basically his autobiography from childhood up until the time it got published. And it's a fascinating story of how God took him from being such a high-profile Mob Boss to a servant of the gospel.

While he freely admits that his understanding of the gospel and his progress in sanctification were very shaky for a while throughout
Shannon
Pretty interesting stuff! I learned a lot about many things completely foreign to me: the mob, what it's like for a mobster's family (especially their view of "the feds"), prison time... And the amazing fact that this former mob capo is now my brother in Christ! I will say that sometimes it felt like it went on a bit long about certain periods of life. I think he was just very interested in being accurate and recording everything, but I think some of these details could have been sacrificed for ...more
David Schwarm
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
a solid mafia text.

there is a lot of religious conversion which may turn a lot of readers off, but combined with the absolutely fantastic stories it provides a nice contrast.

Easy, quick read that was recommended to me by a retired FBI agent who came to my house to do a background check on an co-worker.
Anne K.
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I started reading this book after watching a YouTube interview with the author. It started out as a fascinating inside story about life in organized crime and became a wonderful story of redemption. I normally am not drawn to mob stories but this one is a book that anybody would enjoy.
Connie Davis Johnson
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Michael Franzese has led a very interesting life. Going from mob capo to a man of God makes for an amazing read! The fact he is still alive is nothing short of a miracle.
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting, especially the 'falling in love' part.
Michelle Craddock
Great read!
Linda
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: biography
Mobster Franzese tells of his Cosa Nostra experiences and how he found redemption and grew to become a strong Christian. He tells of his work helping people avoid the life he led.
Brian Uckert
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Street smart - the real deal

Micheal is amazing - full circle been there done that and now shares with anyone that will listen,act on his advice not to repeat those temptations
Rachel
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Fascinating glimpse into a totally different world.
Ann
Dec 16, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: christian-books
This book is a fascinating look at the mafia of modern times. Michael Franzese tells his story with frankness and honesty. He grew up in a mob family ... his father being second in line to the top mob boss of the Colombo crime family. Michael took his place at some point after his father was sentenced to 50 years in prison. It is amazing how much these guys get away with. The wealth that Michael Franzese was able to amass by means of his many business schemes was mind boggling ... yet he and ...more
Tom Tischler
Jan 20, 2012 rated it liked it
If you like stories about the mafia and how they operate
you will probably enjoy this book. Michael Franzese was
eventually convicted for some of his scamming crimes and
received a lenthy conviction. He got religion while in
prison and when h e got out he decided to help others who
were in prison and young guys in gangs by giving lectures
and explaining what will happed if you continue in a life
of crime. He also left the mafia after his release and
they let him live I guess mainly because he never
Julie
May 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I might not have read this book except I saw this guy on television and later at my church. His story is incredible! If you ever were curious about the world of mobsters and how they operate, this book gives you a peak. It also reveals some interesting tactics of law enforcement too. Anyway, this book would serve well to be made into a movie. Michael Franzese came from a very powerful mob family and eventually rose to the top of that life himself. And then after meeting a very special woman,who ...more
Julie Stevenson
I had the privilege to meet Michael Franzese in person and chat with him after his presentation. Michael is a great speaker and has a very compelling story. It is truly amazing what God has done in his life. His book is a quick read- it keeps you engaged and turning every page, not wanting to put it down. Michael's story is yet another example of what happens when you put God at the center of your life. Michael and Cammie are doing some amazing things through their ministries. So refreshing!
Lincoln
May 01, 2016 rated it did not like it
Quick read if you're interested in the day-to-day machinations of organized crime. Kind of an effortless read. Some of the statements he says were made by himself or others aren't very believable, but I suppose that doesn't really matter. His anecdotes and explanations of how a generally moral person can succeed in organized crime are interesting.
Karen
Sep 03, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was okay. Most of it was pretty good, but I kind of thought he was bragging about how big of a mafia guy he was instead of focusing on his transformation. It has a great message overall, but I wish he wouldn't have kept bringing up how great he was at being a mafia guy all the time.
Beth
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fascinating autobiography of Michael Franzese. I first got interested in his story after hearing him speak at our Church. His life offers powerful testimony of the transformative power of God. For those not interested in that side of things, the book is split into two parts--pre and post conversion. The pre is fascinating just for the insight on the mafia in New York City.
Karen
Mar 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
What a great story of our forgiving Father! Michael Franzese was a made mobster and he found Christianity through the love of a woman who has stood by him now for 17 years. Amazing how God can change a life, definitely worth the time to read.
Susan
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I heard Michael Franzese speak at church and was anxious to read his book. He shows that no matter how far away you are from God.....God can turn your life around. From a mobster to preaching to others about how to turn their life around. God Bless you and your Message Michael!
Anirudh Malpe
I would have given it 4 but the last 50 pages spoiled it.
Diana
Jan 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
So good...About the mob and christianity. this guy spoke at Willow.

• Entrusted - Bible Study Book: A Study of 2 Timothy
  • Unspoken: Bathsheba (Lineage of Grace, #4)
  • Unashamed: Rahab (Lineage of Grace, #2)
  • Unveiled: Tamar (Lineage of Grace #1)
  • Unshaken: Ruth (Lineage of Grace, #3)
  • Unafraid: Mary (Lineage of Grace, #5)
  • Leota's Garden
  • The Patriarchs - Member Book
  • Daniel: Lives of Integrity, Words of Prophecy - Member Book
  • The Last Sin Eater
  • And the Shofar Blew
  • Crash the Chatterbox: Hearing God's Voice Above All Others
  • Believing in God - Member Book
  • Bridge to Haven
  • As Sure as the Dawn (Mark of the Lion, #3)
  • Last Things