Start by marking “The Lying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Lying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #5)

The Lying Hours

(How to Date a Douchebag #5)

ABRAHAM DAVIS—Honest Abe to his friends—IS IN OVER HIS HEAD...

He’s a fixer and a do good-er. The all-knowing, resident "grandfather" on the wrestling team who everyone relies on to fix their problems. His teammates go to him for everything; advice, homework, or when they need a sober driver at three in the morning--whether he likes it or not.

Abe’s current mission is easy:
Published May 9th 2019 by Three Legacies, LLC.

To ask other readers questions about The Lying Hours, please sign up.
Mel Hey! It was released as a novella in the Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology! You can find it on Amazon.
Samantha || Fictionally Sam Hiya Elizabeth! Lying Hours is set to release on May 9th 2019!

Start your review of The Lying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #5)
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

”The second I saw Skylar, it was like a punch to the gut. I knew I wasn’t going to make it out the other side without some collateral damage.”

THE LYING HOURS is another romantic comedy that tries to put a new spin on the “Cyrano De Bergerac” story and even though it might be predictable, I can’t deny that it was wildly entertaining. I didn’t know what to make of Abraham Davis at first, but as soon as we find out he’s a huge reader and lov
Corina
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The author always comes up with heroes that would make ultimate boyfriends. She did it with Rhett and Kip, and now with Abe. He was adorable – there is just no other way to describe him. He wasn’t perfect, but in the end, the whole enchilada of all things ABRAHAM DAVIS was adorable!!!

For me the book really started to come together in the second half of the novel. The banter, the lol moments, I enjoyed it all.

Skylar and her roommate Hannah were the hoot!! Like an old married couple they made me l
Ari
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
After a month of DNFing book after book, I finally managed to finish one!

description

Granted, it took me two weeks to finish The Lying Hours but the fact that I finished is what counts!

Just some quick random thoughts:

Did I think this was a necessary addition to this series?

No, not really.

Did I still enjoy this book?

For the most part, I did!

I especially loved seeing my fave Zeke Daniels again! I seriously will never tire of this man!

NMmomof4
May 25, 2019 marked it as dnf
DNF @ 89%

I know, I know! 89%! I just couldn't continue.

I hated this h. I felt like she was just a bratty B if I'm being completely honest. I struggled with how rude and mean she was to the H and even her best friend. My issues started when she was being nasty about the H doing things for other people and insulting him for his kindness being taken advantage of by his friends, but then she proceeds to take advantage of him later and expects him to just take it! I didn't find any redeeming qualiti
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 STARS

This is by far my favorite series from Sara Ney, each one of these stories are so addictive!The Lying Hours goes immidiately to my top favorite reads for this year!It was fast paced,sweet,funny,heartwarming and steamy.The characters rocked this story, I adored them!

description

The romance was perfect and all the set up was refreshing!Abe and Skylar have the humor I wanted and also they were sweet,cute and intense.I could feel the connection between them!Abe is smart and sweet!He is so swoon worthy.
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
The Lying Hours has all of Sara Ney's trademark deep soulful laugh out loud banter between her characters, one of the things I adore about this author. This is book 5 in the series, but can definitely be enjoyed as a standalone.

Gotta love the boyfriends Sara Ney dreams up for us...... Abe was such a swoony hero and ohhhh so handsome. He’s the guy we all wish actually existed in real life, and we were lucky enough to have his attention.

If you love sports romance and new adult novels, you need t
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS
I’m the guy they go to when they want something fixed, like their car. Or their love life.

Looking for a fun, light-hearted New Adult romance that packs plenty of laughs along with a sweet and steamy romance? Look no further! The Lying Hours was everything I've come to love about Sara Ney and everything I love in New Adult romance. It had amazing secondary characters, a cameo from my TOP FAVORITE douchebag. Oh, and I'm pretty convinced that Skylar's BFF happens to be my spirit
Danny
Well... I'm pretty upset to admit that this was just an okay read for me. I love this series so much, my favorites were Oz and Zeke, and Rhett became my ultimate book boyfriend but the one about Elliot and this one were not a hit for me.
I mostly just dragged this book and didn't connect with the characters or laughed with the scenes, they were just so whiny, boring and ugh, I don't know, I didn't like them. I have to say my favorite parts were when Zeke was on and talking about Violet and helpin
~♡AB♡~
🌟🌟🌟🌟

Another winner for me, Sara Ney has completely pulled me in with this series and this new addition to the family is no disappointment.

This was a cute book, easy to just get comfy and immerse yourself in the story. Plus, bonus points for the humour - The Lying Hours was such an entertaining read and I really loved both characters.

4 Stars!

ARC gratefully received

facebook wp instagram
Dilek VT
May 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book was so lame… so so lame! Not recommended at all!

1,5 stars

I read Book 1 & 2 in this series and they were good. I had fun reading them and my rating was 4 stars for both. I skipped Book 3 & 4 because they were not my cuppa and I read this one. Real life sucks these days so I needed a book to put a smile on my face. However, I never smiled while reading it -not even once!

It is never fun. It is boring and frustrating.

*********************************************

The hero is a pushover. He t
Jennifer Kyle
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars ⭐️
Stacey is Sassy
He is a Douchebag after all...

I liked The Lying Hours and finished the story with a smile on my face. If I take too long to write this review, there's a good chance that my smile will turn to a frown. I could overanalyse the characters, the despicable behaviour and the disrespect shown to females. This Douchebag acts in a despicable way and doesn't even initially acknowledge that it was, in fact, a horrible, dishonest and morally wrong thing to do. The heroine of the story forgives him and gives
Sabrina
ANOTHER EARLY RELEASE!
US: https://amzn.to/2Vmko44
UK: https://amzn.to/2VT2i98

The Lying Hours, is the fifth book in the How to Date a Douchebag series and takes a bit of a twist with Abe Davis as our hero. Abe isn't the douchebag that you would expect to read about based off of the previous heroes. He's actually a really sweet guy, always friendly, and will do anything his friends ask him to. Which is what leads him to making one huge asshole-y move. But it's also what brings Skylar into his life,
AJ
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I was so thrilled to learn that Sara Ney was continuing on with the How to Date a Douchebag series! I love these books so much, they are pure NA sports romantic comedy gold, and I loved being back in this world.

Abe Davis is a college wrestler in his junior year, and he is a devoted student who is a bit on the quiet side, preferring studying to partying. He has a heart of gold and is the one that his friends and teammates turn to whenever they need help, to the point that he has been nickn
book bruin
May 04, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5-3 stars

I was so excited when I learned that Sara Ney would be giving us another book in the Douchebag series! The Lying Hours has all of her trademark hilarity and laugh out loud banter, and we even get a guest appearance from a favorite douchebag too! This is book 5 in the series, but can definitely be enjoyed as a standalone, though I highly recommend the previous books.

Abe was such a swoony hero. He’s the guy we all wish actually existed in real life. He does make some poor choices, but h
Bookgasms Book Blog
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula, shelly
YOU GUYS!! When Sara Ney drops on my kindle, all life stops for me. I have to do nothing and just consume her stories from beginning to end because they are an addiction I can't get enough of. Her Douchebag series in particular is pure comfort for me as the banter is EVERYTHING! I adore this series more and more each time and honestly The Lying hours? PURE D-BAG GOLD!!

To help his heartbroken roomie jump back into the dating scene, Abe Davis swipes and texts with various women on LoveU, their Un
Kayla Brunson
May 08, 2019 marked it as dnf
Shelves: arc
DNF at 52%
I was so excited for this book you guys! However, after getting a bit over halfway through, I have to call it quits. I didn’t feel any chemistry between Abe and Skylar. Like any. Usually, I love books when people fall for each other through written communication like chatting or letters so I just knew that I was going to love the storyline between them. I mean, it was okay. Just not enough to get me to see them as being anything more.

I couldn’t connect to or even cared about any of th
Ambriehl Khalil
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
⭐️ [3.5/5 Stars] ⭐️

It took me a hot minute to finally get to this one. I’ve loved this series. I mean I always love series that are based in college, I think they’re some of my favourite things to read. Anyway, this series has been really fun. My faves are still Oz and Zeke, though. This one was good but it wasn’t my favourite. I didn’t feel a great connection between the two characters and I didn’t really care for either of them that much? I was more concerned as to what JB’s problem is and I r
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
4.5 Stars

This was so good! Hilarious and sexy with banter like no other! Sara Ney has perfected the college romance genre!
"The next guy that breaks my heart is getting peppered sprayed. Look now we're both crying."

Now let me just say how much I love that Skylar was a "regular" girl. I mean aren't most of us like this? She was so relatable. She wasn't that fit, her grades weren't that great and there wasn't really anything interesting about her per se. However, she had such a fun personality,
sofia ☾
check out this and other reviews on my blog

actual rating: 1.5 stars

no one wanted to love this more than me. really. the how to date a douchebag series by sara ney has been one of my favorite new adult romance series for the longest time. when the author announced that she was going to release more books in the series, i couldn't wait to get my hands on it. and now here we are. wishing this book hadn't ruined an otherwise incredible series.

abe: abe is a good guy. call me if you need a ride kind
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
Originally posted at Booklovers For Life

You can imagine how happy I was when Sara Ney announced another book in the How to Date a Douchebag series! I love this new adult series and this group of wrestlers. She writes the best kind of characters that are endearing even when they have their douchebag moments. In The Lying Hours, we have two people who meet and fall for each other on a dating app. Except one of them is lying about who he is…

Abe Davis is a total sweetheart – he’s definitely more alo
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok, so I just want to start by saying this series is legit one of the absolute best series I’ve EVER come across. It’s funny, sexy and totally freaking awesome.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review

So when I seen Sara had a new book coming out in the douchebag series I knew instantly I would HAVE to read it! I’m a big fan of this series and I’ve loved every single one I’ve met especially Abe. His story was so much fun to read.

A dating app, a friend acting on behalf of another, a bad dat
Jacqueline
Normally I love these books but this felt a bit meh to me. I didn’t really warm to Skylar and I’m not sure how I feel about Abe and JB. The banter was bright and witty but overall it felt a bit formulaic and lacklustre to me.

Can be read as a standalone (although I’d read one of the others, from the series, they’re much better imho) complete story. Available on KU.
Michelle
This is good.

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

Every time I hear there is going to be more to this series I get so excited. Every book as been so good this book was just had good as the rest. I really enjoyed the story the way the characters met was so good. The banter between them was really good. But there is alway great banter in these books. It what make them so good. Once I started this book I couldn't put it down i was dying to know what was goin to happen between them.

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

Skylar is a great girl she is down to earth a
Carmen Rae
I really don't know where to go with this review. I actually don't know if I liked the book or if I just really wanted to like it or if I am just in a book slump and interpreting everything through shit smeared glasses.

I am such a fan of the How to Date a Douchebag series and when I saw that this one was releasing without me realising I stalked kindle for it only for it to pop up on KU and make my day. I have half a dozen ARCs I am supposed to be reading but I couldn't wait to read this one.

And
*The Angry Reader*
I don’t think I would have read this had I looked at the blurb. The catfishing thing...yuck.

Abe saved the book though. It was short. He was sweet. Parts of it made me laugh.

This is not a read that passes closer inspection. The writing is a mess - with some basic editing errors. It’s sexist. Juvenile. Hannah gets treated badly. Honestly, it was probably a two star read. The second star is the product of my shock at finishing it.

I miss Avon Gale.

Sam (AMNReader)
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: sports, new-adult, romance
I AM WHO I AM, and who I am is a chick who likes to binge read NA sportsy romances.

I'm also the type who really probably needs a blog, because I never just stick to the review of the book, do I. Have I told y'all that I tutored athletes at a Big 10 college and I still do not get the 'fame' part-like everyone knows who the wrestlers are? Wrestlers were my most consistent sessions. (We can have a talk laaaaaaater about college athletics and all the problems therein. I have many opinions.) None of
Jessy

This was an entertaining but a very quick read. I loved the beginning, it was very compelling. I liked that the lies didn't drag on for too long. The heroine was cool, I loved that she took no bullshit from anyone and demanded respect from the hero. However, the story felt a bit underdeveloped at times and the feelings/relationship between the leads happened way too fast IMO. On the other hand, there were a few "pointless" scenes in the story (such as the ones including Abe's neighbours
Na
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing

"The second I saw Skylar, it was like a punch to the gut. I knew I wasn't going to make it out the other side without some collateral damage."

Oh, I was in desperate need of such a fantastic, funny, light and entertaining read. Time just flew by and without realizing it, I was done with the book. Leaving me with the thought "I want more"

"Abe Davis is a teenage dream, and now he's mine, too."

Everything in this book seems flawless. The plot, the writing style, the way the story unfolds. Ne
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW**

Another fun and entertaining addition the Douchebag series.

I always love this character driven series. The witty banter and one-liners are hilarious, the relationships are about more than what goes down between the sheets, and Sara Ney doesn’t shy away from hitting the more embarrassing moments in dating.

The low angst and the predictable plot lines are the reason for the 4 star rating. Personally, I like have some plot surprises (not necessarily twists, but non traditional pl

• Boyfriend Bargain (Hawthorne University, #1)
  • The Locker Room
  • I Hate You
  • The Dugout
  • The Perfect First (Fulton U, #1)
  • The Play (Briar U, #3)
  • The Tip-Off (Smart Jocks #3)
  • The Dare (Briar U, #4)
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • Coldhearted Boss
  • The Fadeaway (Smart Jocks, #2)
  • The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1)
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • The Lineup
  • The Assist (Smart Jocks, #1)
  • Making Up (Shacking Up, #4)
  • Superfan (Brooklyn, #3)
  • The Marriage Effect (Washington Wolves, #3)
Sara Ney is the USA Today Bestselling Author of the How to Date a Douchebag series, and is best known for her sexy, laugh-out-loud New Adult romances. Among her favorite vices, she includes: iced latte's, historical architecture and well-placed sarcasm. She lives colorfully, collects vintage books, art, loves flea markets, and fancies herself British.

How to Date a Douchebag (5 books)
  • The Studying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #1)
  • The Failing Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #2)
  • The Learning Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #3)
  • The Coaching Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #4)