Start by marking “Thread and Buried (Mainely Needlepoint #9)” as Want to Read:
Thread and Buried (Mainely Needlepoint #9)

Thread and Buried

(Mainely Needlepoint #9)

Haven Harbor is an authentic coastal Maine town--which makes it the perfect location for a new film production. But now it's become the scene of a crime . . .

Needlepointers Angie and Sarah are helping with set design for the movie being shot in their little New England hometown--but as the lighthouse and the wharves bustle with activity, a real-life drama is about to
Published November 26th 2019 by Kensington Publishing Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Thread and Buried, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thread and Buried

Start your review of Thread and Buried (Mainely Needlepoint #9)
Carla Johnson-Hicks
It is with a bit of a heavy heart that I write this review. This will be the last book in the Mainely Needlepoint Mystery due to the death of Lea Wait last year. I enjoyed all the books in this series and this one was no exception. A movie is being shot in Haven Harbor and there are a lot of local residents involved. Angie and Sarah are helping with set design, the movie is based on one of Ruth's books and she is working on rewrites for the script, and some of the young people are acting or ...more
Kaitlyn Dunnett
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mystery
This was an advance reading copy provided by the publisher.
This is a thoroughly enjoyable entry in the Mainely Needlepoint series. Lots of twists and turns and a thoroughly satisfying ending. Highly recommended.
Lady Galaxy
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so sad to learn that the author died before the book was published. It's always doubly sad when an author passes because she takes all her characters with her. Rest in peace Ms. Wait. Thank you for creating such a beautiful setting and interesting cast of characters. You will all be missed. We readers will be left to stitch our own endings to the series. I hope the remainder of Angie's life will be free of murders and full of love and happily ever afters.
Patty
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
RIP Ms. Wait, you will be missed. Thanks for leaving us with this wonderful series.
Lisa
Jan 18, 2020 rated it liked it
A fun, quirky Cozy Mystery!!
Missi Martin (Stockwell)
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Seeing as Thread and Buried, the ninth book in the Mainely Needlepoint Mystery series by Lea Wait, is Lea's very last book I tried to read it slowly.....but I failed miserably.

I have been a fan of Wait's (since her other series the Antique Prints Mysteries) and her Mainely Needlepoint series since Twisted Threads, the first book in this series. I fell in love with main character Angie Curtis, her hometown of Haven Harbor, her friends and their lives. Every time I open one of these books, I know
The Cozy Review
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Series: A Mainly Needlepoint Mystery – Book 9
Author: Lea Wait
Genre: Cozy Mystery/Hobby
Publisher: Kensington Books
Page Count: 272

From Kensington, Books comes the ninth book in the “A Mainly Needlepoint Mystery” hobby cozy series by Lea Wait, Thread, and Buried.

This enormously popular hobby cozy series has grown in leaps and bounds through each new book. The author has always had a grasp on what makes a good story that readers can sink their teeth into and keep turning the page until the very
Kathleen Chrisman
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There is a movie being filmed in Haven Harbor. Angie and Sarah are working behind the scenes on the sets. The movie is based on one of Ruth's early books and she has been hired to work with a husband and wife writing team to turn the book into a script for the movie. The on set producer is not well liked and is known to harass young, pretty actresses. While filming he is involved in a deadly accident...or was it murder?
I have loved Lea Wait's writing style and characters since I picked up the
Jacquie
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thread and Buried by Lea Wait is a well written cozy mystery. it focuses on the victim, movie director, Marv Mason. Needlepointer, and organizer of a Needlepoint co-op in Maine, Angie is investigating if Marv's death was it an accident or a murder. Marv had the reputation for poor behavior with the young female actresses in his movies, a very current topic.

The story has good structure and character build. I would have liked to get to know a few of the characters more so i could get a sense of
Diana
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
THREAD AND BURIED by Lea Wait is the 9th title in her Mainely Needlepoint mystery series.
There are many aspects of this mystery series that I like. I like the covers - bright, cozy, colorful, very ‘Maine’ - the covers would make good jigsaw puzzles. I like the clever titles - THREAD AND BURIED, HANGING BY A THREAD. I like the chapter headings - quotes from 1800’s magazines for ladies; the historical samplers from the 1700 and 1800’s; the bits of poetry. I like the character of Sarah Byrne who
Becky Tatar
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The last book in the Mainely Needlepoint series. Skye West has brought filmmakers to Haven Harbor to make a film of a book by Ruth Hopkins, one of the Mainely Needlepoint needlepointers, but also a writer, whose books are bestsellers under her various aliases. However, when the director falls on the slippery cliffs in front of everyone, the project comes to a halt as the local and state police begin investigating, and as Angie to help, as she saw the accident. The only question is if it was ...more
Lori Bonkoski
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the last book in this series and it makes me sad again that Lea Wait has passed away. I love her writing and it will be missed!
A movie is being shot in Haven Harbor, based on one of Ruth's books, with a contemporary addition to the original story. Angie & Sarah are providing props for the inside scenes, so they are working a lot in the days of summer in Maine. When the director, Marv, is killed on the rocks at a shoot, things aren't as clear cut as they seem. Did he slip or is there
D
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Haven Harbor is the backdrop for a movie being made based on Ruth Hopkins' book, "Harbor Hopes"! Skye has hired many local people to aid in the movie production--from set design to acting. Angie and Patrick had hoped to spend time together during the summer but the movie production has interfered with that.
Angie, among others, witnesses the accidental? death of director, Marv Mason. Surprising autopsy results leads to a possible murder investigation!
Linda Still
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Marc or Hank?

I waited to read this final book of Lea's knowing I would miss the Mainly Needlepointers. Wish there had been more of them featured besides Ruth. Someone did a poor job of proofing this as there were too many times it was Hank who died instead of Marv.
Deborah Almada
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This unfortunately, is the last book in this series, as Ms Wait has left us, but I was happy to visit with these characters one more time. As always this was a well written story with an interesting mystery. My only wish is that we had more closure to the series.
Robin
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
The story and the mystery were well written, definitely a good addition to the series. Sadly, the series is most likely over as the author passed,and I found the ending quite unsatisfying for a series ending.
Carol B Davis
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The theater the theater

When you !if actors, actresses, historybbetween people , booze etc you are setting up readers for a.wild ride and that's what I got jere. Thoroughly enjoyed it too.
Melissa
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun and twisty.

Knowing this was her last book, I wish she had ended their stories. But as an entry in the series this was a good one. A few bloopers slipped by in the first few chapters, but the character interaction and story was the quality we expect.
Jean
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m sorry to know this is the last book written by Lea Wait. I enjoyed this series.
BonnieM☂️
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
enjoyed this book!
Doreen
Jan 14, 2020 rated it liked it
1/15/2020 Full review tk at CriminalElement.com.
Wendy Price
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and the rest of this series. Lea Wait will be missed.
Polly
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this addition. The storyline was very up to date with today's current events.
Carla Ward
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
awesome who dun it.
Sylvia
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sadly the last book in this series as author Lea Wait passed away last year. I will miss this series of cozy mysteries.
Barbara
Jan 02, 2020
Phyllis
Dec 06, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Sealed Off (A Maine Clambake Mystery, #8)
  • A Murderous Tangle (Seaside Knitters Society Mystery #14)
  • Shot Through the Hearth (A Fixer-Upper Mystery, #7)
  • Verse and Vengeance (A Magical Bookshop Mystery #4)
  • The Dog Who Knew Too Much (Paws and Claws Mystery, #6)
  • Careless Whiskers (Cat in the Stacks #12)
  • Come Homicide or High Water
  • Fatal Roots (County Cork #8)
  • A Field Guide to Homicide (Cat Latimer Mystery #6)
  • Note in the Nutcracker
  • Buried to the Brim (Hat Shop Mystery #6)
  • Memories and Murder (Tourist Trap Mysteries #10)
  • Blizzard in the Bay (The Inn at Holiday Bay, #8)
  • Silent Knit, Deadly Knit (A Knit & Nibble Mystery #4)
  • Bound for Murder (Blue Ridge Library Mysteries #4)
  • Matchmaking Can Be Murder (An Amish Matchmaker Mystery #1)
  • Murder in the First Edition (Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery, #3)
  • A Killer Carol (An Amish Mystery #7)
Maine author Lea Wait writes the NYT-praised 8-book Shadows Antique Print Mystery series, the latest of which is SHADWS ON A MORNING IN MAINE, and the USA Today best-selling Mainely Needlepoint series which debuted with TWISTED THREADS in January, 2015, and was followed by THREADS OF EVIDENCE in August, 2015, THREAD AND GONE, in January, 2016, DANGLING BY A THREAD in late October, 2016, and ...more

Mainely Needlepoint (9 books)
  • Twisted Threads (Mainely Needlepoint, #1)
  • Threads of Evidence (Mainely Needlepoint, #2)
  • Thread and Gone (Mainely Needlepoint, #3)
  • Dangling by a Thread (Mainely Needlepoint, #4)
  • Tightening the Threads (Mainely Needlepoint, #5)
  • Thread the Halls (Mainely Needlepoint, #6)
  • Thread Herrings (Mainely Needlepoint, #7)
  • Thread on Arrival (Mainely Needlepoint #8)