Start by marking “Echo Murder (Wilde Investigations, #2)” as Want to Read:
Echo Murder (Wilde Investigations, #2)

Echo Murder

(Wilde Investigations #2)

Yannia Wilde returns to the Wild Folk conclave where she grew up, and to the deathbed of her father, the conclave’s Elderman. She is soon drawn back into the Wild Folk way of life and into a turbulent relationship with Dearon, to whom she is betrothed.

Back in London, unassuming office worker Tim Wedgebury is surprised when police appear on his doorstep with a story about
Published June 6th 2019 by Louise Walters Books (first published June 4th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Echo Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Echo Murder

Start your review of Echo Murder (Wilde Investigations, #2)
J.A. Ironside
Many thanks to Louise Walters Books for the ARC. (Giving me books will always make me like you more but it never affects my opinion of the book. There are grenades that would have no effect on me forming an opinion ;p)

So too business. I mainlined Echo Murder in just under two days - days on which I worked and trained and did various other things than read - so that should give you some idea of what we're dealing with here. If you're and Urban Fantasy/ Paranormal Crime fan and you're wonder
Anne
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
If you haven’t read the first book in this wonderful series (and if you haven’t, you really should…), you have a whole new world here to discover and enjoy – Old London with its magic and paranormal races living alongside the world of humans, the threats and challenges of that uneasy relationship, the rule of heralds, the law enforcement by the paladins, and the shamen, mages and feykin with their differing powers and characteristics.

Yannia herself is one of the Wild Folk, and while
Steph Warren
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I received a free ARC of this book, with thanks to the author, and Louise Walters of Louise Walters Books. The decision to review and my opinions are my own.*

Yannia is back, and she and the plot are both torn in two; split between the life she has made for herself independently, doing what she loves with people who care about her; and her responsibilities to her family and her betrothed, back in the place that nourishes her magic.

There is a neat mirroring between the two
Samfriday
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Echo Murder is the second book in Laura Laakso’s Wilde Investigations series. In the first book (Fallible Justice) we were introduced to Yannia Wilde, a PI who lives in Old London where magical beings and humans co-exist.

In Echo Murder, Yannia and her apprentice Karrion are investigating their second case - an intriguing murder that keeps on occurring but with the victim disappearing.

This case, and all the magic surrounding it, allows us further insight in to the remarkable world that the auth
Cath Barton
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the first book in the Wilde Investigations series, but felt that Laura Laakso was just getting into her stride. This book takes us to another level: great story-telling and suspense. And I love the combination of the mystery, crime and magical elements. I am also developing quite a fondness for Yannia's assistant, Karrion!

Looking forward to number 3 in what a little bird tells me could be a much longer series...
Giselle Delsol
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: readers of paranorla, urban fiction.
Reading the second book in a series is tricky when you absolutely loved the first. When I received Echo Murder as an ARC (thank you @LouiseWalters12), I didn’t plunge into it right away. My “to be read” pile is always about to fall over, I was in the midst of reading a captivating YA fantasy (which will be my next Goodread’s review), and I was worried that I wouldn’t likeLaura Laakso’s Echo Murder as much as I had Fallible Justice. Silly, I know, but there you are.

So, I waited. I saw other reviews start
Eric
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Spring 2019 sees the publication of Echo Murder, the second book in the Wilde Investigations series; the first, Fallible Justice, published in the autumn of 2018. Each investigation is a complete stand-alone story, yet, there is so much more to these novels than the crimes; a world of paranormal races in coexistence with humans so imaginatively, so deftly explored you’ll want to read both books to experience the full magic of author, Laura Laakso’s mind.
In time frame, Echo Murder takes pl
Philip Hume
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Firstly, thank you to Laura Laakso and Louise Walters Books for providing an ARC of Echo Murder and apologies for the delayed review. In common with Fallible Justice, Echo Murder is a very enjoyable and gripping read. The book is the second instalment in the Wilde Investigations series and hence builds upon the uniquely magical vision of London established in Fallible Justice and retraces Yannia and Karrion's working lives as private investigators.

The plot, centring on Yannia's next
Tracey Scott-Townsend
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the combination of downright earthiness, magical realism and crime fiction in Laura Laakso’s Wilde Investigations series, and I enjoyed this, the second book, even more than the first.
In this book the reader is allowed a glimpse into the world of the Wild Folk, when Yannia is summoned to visit the sick bed of her father, the Elderman. There she also encounters Dearon, to whom she is promised in lifelong partnership.

Meanwhile, back in Old London, Yannia and her working pa
Edie Anderson
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Louise Walters Books for an advanced reading copy of ‘Echo Murder’, the second in the Wilde Investigations series from Laura Laakso. All opinions are mine alone.

When I received an ARC of ‘Fallible Justice’, the incredible debut from Laura Laakso, I wasn’t sure it would be my cup of tea. Urban fantasy isn’t something I had explored before. To say I was blown away by the first book in the series of Wilde Investigations is an understatement. It was superb – and her debut too!
Danielle Butler
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Louise Walters Books for the advanced copy!

So satisfying to drop back into Yannia Wild’s world. The second instalment of the Wilde Investigation series is a great follow up to Infallible Justice. A close-ended story in itself, it also deepens the mythology of this fascinating world and the mysteries of the inhabitants of Old London. There is even a trip to the Wild Folk Conclave to peek into Yannia’s former (and future?) community.

The characters of Yannia and her appren
Laura Doherty
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you have been following my blog for a while you may remember me raving about how awesome Fallible Justice was last year. Well I am excited to say that the second book in the Wilde Investigations series is released this year and I am super lucky that the publishers sent me a copy.

Yannia is investigating a murder that has been committed, close to Old London, and as in Book 1 the circumstances are not just mysterious but also downright confusing. In Echo Murder however the murder mystery and in
Gem ~ Bee
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review to follow
Helen
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I enjoyed this even more than the first book in this series (‘Fallible Justice’), perhaps because the world Laakso has created now feels familiar. As other reviewers have said, the world building is extraordinary and beautifully realised.

The great strengths of the series are deepened in this novel. We gain a deeper understanding of the dynamics between Yannia and her father, and the way she is torn between two very different ways of life and the reasons for this.

The murde
Emma Rowson
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Last year I shifted way out of my comfort zone and read Fallible Justice (you can read the review here), the first in the Wilde Investigations series by Laura Laakso. A crime/fantasy hybrid is something I ordinarily would have steered clear of – but I was drawn to the book, and although it took a little while to get into it, I ended up being absolutely hooked and desperate to read the follow up, Echo Murder.
Was it worth the wait?
Bloody hell, yes and then some! I thought I enjoyed Fal
Ruth
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Echo Murder (June 4, 2019, published by Louise Walters Books) is the second installment in the ongoing Wilde Investigations Series, and it is a worthy successor to Fallible Justice (you can find my review of FJ here). Laakso dives right in where Fallible Justice left off, as Yannia Wilde leaves Old London to travel home. This trip gives us more insight into the world Yannia comes from, the conclave of the Wild Folk, drawing us deeper into a past she can’t escape and illuminating the choices that will d ...more
Leigh
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tim Wedgebury has been killed. Twice now. And each time his body has vanished into thin air, which astonishes everyone – most of all Tim, especially as he wasn't even there in the first place.

With traces of magic detected at the scene, Tim employs Private Investigator Yannia Wilde, and her apprentice Karrion, for help. Is it a prank, conducted my a mischievous Mage, or is there something more sinister behind the illusions?

Recently returned from the Wild Folk conclave, Yan
Moon
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Loved it, finsihed it today and I am still savouring it so proper review to come.
Elizabeth Carr
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
This isn’t normally my thing I will admit but it drew me in. It centres on a Female PI but not just that for she has special powers- they are subtle and well described. Its a kind of Harry Potteresque world but for adults where the Health system and the Justice system all still exist but everyone also knows there are Feykins and Mages walking among us. It works somehow and hangs together well. Yannia the protagonist actually comes from Wild Folk who can draw on animal senses but she is still foc ...more
Kevin Bampton
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another step into the Wilds world.

While I enjoyed the increase in detail in Yannia's world and the character development I did find the mystery a bit simple. The ongoing story arcs are intriguing. I will definitely be coming back for the third.
O.J. Lowe
Dominic Brownlow
Jul 10, 2019
Billie
Oct 29, 2019
I am a Finn living in Hertfordshire with my two dogs. When I am not writing, editing or plotting, I work as an accountant and train and compete with my young Australian Shepherd.

My debut novel, Fallible Justice, was published by Louise Walters Books in November 2018 and it began my Wilde Investigations series. The sequel, Echo Murder, will be released in June 2019 and the third instalm

Wilde Investigations (3 books)
  • Fallible Justice (Wilde Investigations, #1)
  • Roots of Corruption (Wilde Investigations, #3)