Start by marking “Ruthless Misfit (Fierce Mates: Rock Creek Clan Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Ruthless Misfit (Fierce Mates: Rock Creek Clan Book 1)

Ruthless Misfit

(Fierce Mates: Rock Creek Clan #1)

One kiss. One lie. One dangerously sinful affair.

After making one bad decision after another, fox shifter Erena is back at the Rock Creek Clan with her tail between her legs. Her past mistakes seem to be forgiven, but her position feels tenuous—and more tenuous still, with the arrival of a sexy misfit who gets under her skin.

Matt, a mountain lion shifter, returns
Published January 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Ruthless Misfit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ruthless Misfit

Start your review of Ruthless Misfit (Fierce Mates: Rock Creek Clan Book 1)
Romance Novel Giveaways Lauren Seiberling
So many "awww!" moments!

What I liked the most about this book were all of those little moments; the stolen moments with Erena and Matt and the things he would say to her...so many feels!

I'm such a sucker for this trope, the "fated mates" or soul mates or whatever you want to call it. When they just KNOW they are meant to be together. Love it.

Matt was so endearing because he wasn't exactly what he seemed in the beginning, but once he found his mate, he did his darndest to be a better man. Lion.
Eva Millien
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Two misfits make a fierce mating in this thrilling romance. Matt and Erena are strong characters that easily pull readers in and hold them hostage. Sizzling chemistry flares hot between this couple but Matt and Erena both have a few issues that stand between them and happily ever after. Emotional turmoil from past issues and from a current secret keep the relationship in suspense from beginning to end and readers can’t help but become caught up in their story.

The story is fast paced and
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Shifter Haven

"Ruthless Misfit" is the first story in Liza Street's new series, Fierce Mates: Rock Creek Clan... and it is such an emotional rollercoaster of a story. I dare you to not feel something personal within this story. We'veall been lied to at some point in our lives... and most of us have said those lies at some point. Come on, no one is perfect and those little white lies count, too. Yet, because of his childhood, Matt has become so good at telling lies without giving off
Robin
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Erena is a beautiful fox shifter who has been hurt in the past to the point that she no longer trusts her decision making regarding men nor the men themselves. She keeps everyone at a distance for delf preservation and her guilt.

Matt is a mountain lion shifter who has learned the art of lying without giving off the scent for others to recognize the lies he tells. He has been sent back into his former pack/clan by his current alpha Bronson who has sent him looking for something but doesn't
J_Mc 251
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a departure for me because I haven’t read very many shifter romances, but I really found myself enjoying this one. I especially liked how the animal habits melded into the human traits, and how the terminology used covered both animal and human. I thought the plot was interesting, but it sometimes seemed as if there was a lot of action prior to this story. It’s hard to describe, but the way that the characters referred to events made it seem like there was a previous book that covered ...more
Margaret
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Matt comes to the Rock Creek Clan to spy but then meets Erena.
Mountain Lion shifter Matt is being sent to the Rock Creek Clan to spy due to a skill learnt as a child to lie without shifters detecting the lie. When he arrives he meets Fox shifter Erena who never seems to smiles and backs away from contact with males but there is something about her that draws him to her. As he tries to win her over he is still reporting to Bronson but he is becoming suspicious of the real reason he wants
Dana Busenbark
Who is Erena? How does she know Margot? Hehehe, Nina and Gemma are funny when they walk in and overhear Erena's response to some random guy. Who is Jake? Why did Erena leave and return to Helena? Who are Matt and Kayla? What brought them to Helene to the RCC? WHo are Bronson and Sloan? Why do Kayla and Matt want to speak with Jameson? What secrets are being hidden? What does Nina say to Erena that causes her to smile? Oh, this book did not quite go like I was thinking it was going to. Read and ...more
Debra Richardson
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an exciting and thrilling read. It is a great start to what I know will be an amazing series – I read it in one sitting. The plot and characters are well developed, and the pace is relatively fast, which is appropriate for this type of book. It is packed with drama, intrigue, suspense, and twists and turns. The sex scenes are hot and delicious – the chemistry between Erena and Matt will melt your kindle. It is an on the edge of your seat read guaranteed to leave you wanting more. I look ...more
Mandy
If not for the length of this book/novella, I would say that it was a bit rushed at times, but because of the length, this is understandable.

Erena has been hurt before and doesn't know if she should trust Matt and the feelings that are between them but once she gives herself to him, it hurts even more when she finds out that he has lied to the clan. Will she forgive him? Read and find out.

This little book is written from a dual pov and ends in a hea for the couple but there is a semi-cliffhanger
Debbie Caswell
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Erena and Matt are both misfits in life She has been burnt and trusts no man in fact she doesn't want anyone near here While Matt he us the consummate liar even to the point that other shifters can no longer smell lies on him. When Matt is sent back to his old pride by his new alpha he has n idea that he is about to meet his mate but was there ever a more pricklier mate. These two are damaged and will have to work together to overcome their pasts and try to be the mate that the other needs

I
Lynn
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it

Verified ARC Reader
love hurts lies hurt worse

Nancy
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very emotional story that is part of a series Yes you can read this without having read an earlier book and yes it does have a hea but it also finishes on a " cliffhanger " so you will want the next book in the series as soon as possible ( no it hasn't yet been published ) Full of strong women and the loves in their often troubled lives it will draw you right in and have you cheering them on when things go right and reaching for the tissues when they dont

I received a free copy of this book via
Leslie Sanchez
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Erena is not your outgoing, happy person. In fact, she is not a people person at all. She left everything to follow a jerk. When things didn't last, she went back home to her sister and her pack to try to rebuild her life. Matt left the pack years earlier due to the same jerk. Now he's back too. I loved that Erena was a builder. That in itself shows her strength and creativity. The twist Matt is hiding kept me on edge. I really enjoyed reading this book and think it is a great beginning. I ...more
Annette Drewett
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome addition to this series from an amazing author. Endearing storyline with a wonderful ending. Matt and Erena both left the Rock Creek Clan for different reasons, and have now returned. Matt has a secret task to perform, but when he meets Erena, his task seems inconsequential, compared to their attraction. I really enjoyed this couple and look forward to reading more about the other members of this clan. Well done Liza!
I received an ARC copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving an
Ashleigh
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read a lot of these types of books lately and honestly found this one to be refreshingly different. Her writing draws you in and keeps you involved throughout the whole story, I found myself in love with not only the characters but also the world she created.
Her descriptions of the characters abilities are so involved, you can truly picture it in your mind. Their attitudes toward the events that are happening makes the story even richer.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout
Cheryl
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is Matt and Erena's story . Erena has been hurt so much that she will trust only those she loves and knows well . Matt is here to spy and find out exactly what to going on . Once faced with Erena and teaching her that he will be there for her no matter what will take some time . Now for me this one ends in a way that will have you searching for the other book because while Matt and Erena's story is a HEA the book does end in a way that will have you begging for the next one in this series ...more
Claudia
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
While on a private mission Matt meets his Mate Erena. For shifters it should be easy to come together, but Matt has his secrets and Erena has trust issues after a really bad experience with men .Both make it rather difficult for Fate to bring them together.
A fun story with twists and turns - a good read for a few hours of easy entertainment.
Judi
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, for a relatively short read it had all the “feels”. Erena and Matt had their baggage but they were still likeable and relatable. There is just enough angst without being depressing or making you mad. I like this mythology. We’ve seen some of these supporting characters in previous series and I like that we’re building on that known “world”, making this story so much bigger. Don’t miss this sweet sexy paranormal romance.
Lory
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable and entertaining read. I especially like the healing and acceptance that both Matt and Arena had to experience to come closer as a mated pairs. It also had plenty of intrigue, suspense, and of course steamy romance. So looking forward to seeing what else is in store for this series. I voluntarily read and review this ARC no monetary compensation was received the opinions I have expressed are my own.
Juanita E. Arp
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in this series, and I think it will be a great series. This book is filled with action and intrigue with the chemistry between Erena and Matt is epicq. Erena doesn't trust Matt and it seems for good reason (that's all I'm Sara's i don't want to spoil the book). I can't wait for the next book. I received this book as a FREE ARC copy to read and I voluntarily leave this review.
Brenda Moser
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great addition to the series. Both Erena and Matt return to Rock Creek Clan,each for their own reasons. Their attraction is strong and he realizes she's his mate but they have things hanging over them. Can they overcome and love again? The story moves quickly and smoothly and I enjoyed reading.

Sherry Haynes
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ruthless Misfit is the first book in the series and about Erena and Matt. The two have to overcome some major obstacles to be able to accept the fact they are mates. Will Matt be able to convince Erena that he isn't like those in her past that lied or is he lying to himself that he is different? Is Matt willing to become a better man to have Erena? Read to find out exactly what happens when a shifter can lie without other shifters realizing they are lying.
Karen
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, but that's not surprising as I have loved every single book I have read by Liza Street, she writes such great shifter books, with believable characters and I have always loved the dynamics between the two main characters, but in this book, that was even more believable with the problems they go through, as how many relationships start with lies, or from a person who has been previously hurt by someone else? well worth reading and definitely worth the 5 stars allocated.
Barbara
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ruthless Misfit is the first standalone novel in the Fierce Mates of Rock Creek Clan series a well-written story that drew me in from the very first page. I will be looking for more in this series. Matt and Erena are two people with things they have to overcome in order to be able to move forward. I enjoyed reading this story.I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Carol
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good read. Erena and Matt have both returned to Rock Creek Clan. Erena because she was misled and Matt because he was on a mission for his new clan. That didn't work out as once he came back he was intrigued by Erena and believed her to be his mate. It was interesting that he learned how to lie but felt bad about it with this new clan. I got this book from the author for an honest review. It was a good read and I look forward to the next book in the series
Sherry Westendorf
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this new series and can't wait to read more. She is back with her clan. She is a mountain lion shifter. But she has a lot of issues and pain hidden. He comes back to the pack but as a spy trying to find something else. It complicates it when he she is his mate. But boy do they have things to work out before it can be happily ever after. I was given a review copy by booksprout and voluntarily review it.
Penny Ellgass
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Erena never smiles since she returned to the Rock Creek Shifters. She is humiliated and sad, hiding from feeling anything.
Matt has come back to RCC to spy on them, but recognizes Erena as his mate he just needs to get her to talk to him, just give him a chance.
Can these 2 overcome their pasts and give love a chance.
Enjoyed this story of healing and acceptance.

Emily Dickson
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These shifters were wonderful. Erena was a fox shifter who seemed so sad at first and isolated. Matt joins her pack and is a mountain lion shifter who is there to spy. Lots of courting that was fun and some sexy time with some action. This pack is a variety of animals and the each were interesting characters. All in all a great story that left me ready for more. Loved it!!
Mary
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a fun and intriguing paranormal story! I enjoyed the suspense, banter, romance and dialogue in this fast paced quick read. The characters are really great with fantastic chemistry. I really like Matt and Erena. Great match and great build. I though the epilogue was fun a gives us a foreshadowing of what's to come. I look forward to reading "Ruthless Outlaw"!
Elizabeth Presley
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you for the opportunity and reading your book to give it to my honest review I was started out to read the book it pulling me in kept me there until the end I love to be in the book and thank you for giving me the opportunity to read it I will be recommending this to my friends and family thank you

• Perfect Mate (Project Rebellion, #1)
  • Born Captive (Broken Angel #1)
  • Goldie And The Bears
  • You're Lion to Me (Paranormal Dating Agency, #20)
  • Slone's Bounty: Rowan (Zodiac Shifters: Celtic, #2)
  • Desired By Four (The Descendants, #2)
  • Real Men Claim (Real Men Shift, #6)
  • Alien Protector (Vaxxlian Mates, #1)
  • Dark Dragon's Wolf (Darkwing Dragons Book 2)
  • Knight (Sons of the Alpha, #1)
  • The Human Omega
  • Brotherhood of Dragons
  • Fate of Three (The Descendants #3)
  • Scrooge Me Again (Paranormal Dating Agency, #18)
  • King Outta Water (Dragon Guard Book 40)
  • Wolf Pack Chronicles; Boxset (Wolf Pack Chronicles, #1 To #3)
  • A Tiger's Gift
  • The Ocean's Roar (The Protectors Quick Bites, #3)
Liza got her start in romance by sneak-reading her grandma’s paperbacks. Now she divides her time between freelance editing and writing books about shifters with fierce and savage hearts.

FREE BOOKS--Book 1 in Liza's Sierra Pride series is free to anyone! Join Liza's mailing list and get Book 2, Fierce Heartbreaker, FREE, as well as an exclusive Sierra Pride prequel story! Start by clicking here to

Fierce Mates: Rock Creek Clan (4 books)
  • The Rose King (Fierce Mates: Rock Creek Clan, #0.5)
  • Ruthless Outlaw (Fierce Mates: Rock Creek Clan Book 2)
  • Ruthless Fighter (Fierce Mates: Rock Creek Clan Book 3)