Jump to ratings and reviews

The Burnout Solution: 12 weeks to a calmer you

We live in an era of 'yes, I can'.

We tell ourselves that whatever we want to achieve, if we work hard enough, we can do it.

But sometimes this results in something very different indeed – a severe case of 'no, I really, really can’t'.

Burnout is a state of chronic stress that leads to physical and emotional exhaustion, cynicism, detachment, feelings of ineffectiveness and lack of accomplishment – many of the same symptoms as depression. Burnout is on the increase as we struggle to juggle the pressures of work and family life with a constant feeling of always being on.

Through her own experience of burnout and her work as a psychotherapist, Siobhán Murray has developed a 12-week plan for overcoming this condition.

The Burnout Solution offers a step-by-step path through feelings of stress and anxiety towards renewed clarity of mind and an ability to prioritise the important things in life. Learn the beauty of saying no, rethink your boundaries, find your 'non-negotiables' and regain your power, passion and sense of purpose.

224 pages, Hardcover

1 book1 follower

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
9 (8%)
1 star
3 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 reviews
Profile Image for Tracey Ellis.
213 reviews1 follower
January 15, 2023
A helpful book when read at the right time in your life (on the edge of burnout), as it gives you the reminders you probably already know, but need to hear again, to make some changes.

As an audiobook it was an easy listen, but I didn’t benefit from all the exercise questions, however, I’m not sure I’d have done them all anyway. Nothing new here, but informative and useful, like a good friend reminding you to slow down and take time for yourself.
Profile Image for Robert Bogue.
Author 17 books10 followers
Read
March 19, 2020
The recognition that burnout is more than a “job thing” and can impact any area of your life was one of the reasons why the book The Burnout Solution: 12 weeks to a calmer you was interesting. As with most burnout books I’ve read, there’s a lot to agree with – and enough to disagree with.

4 reviews
December 2, 2021
I actually loved it! Short, well-structured, no non-sense. Good examples and great advice throughout the book. Especially, if someone is really burnt-out out the light size, language and concise content of the book is not an additional stressor.
Profile Image for K.
11 reviews1 follower
September 5, 2020
Full of cliches and excessively repetitive with some minor interesting points and insights scattered throughout. Probably would have worked out better as a blog post.
Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.