Start by marking “Avanti (Joelene Stonehouse Thriller, #1)” as Want to Read:
Avanti (Joelene Stonehouse Thriller, #1)

Avanti (Joelene Stonehouse Thriller, #1)

FOLLOWING TWENTY-FIVE YEARS flying every kind of attack helicopter the Army has to offer, Joelene Stonehouse returns to a civilian world she barely recognizes. But sitting home alone painting pictures of horses and cows doesn’t cut it. Following a life of danger and excitement, what’s a warrior to do?

So her sister sets her up as a kind of independent courier / transporter
Published December 31st 2018 by BlackDogeBooks

To ask other readers questions about Avanti, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avanti

Start your review of Avanti (Joelene Stonehouse Thriller, #1)
Jim Crocker
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ruth rated it * * * * *

Right from the beginning, this story takes off full of action. Every chapter leads you on a hunt and chase. The main character, Joelene, doesn’t run from the mob chasing her...she runs toward them to end the attempt to take her out. The characters she encounters are believable and the dialect is great. You can actually see the story play out in your head as you read. This was a fascinating idea for a story. Each setting was relevant and believable.

I’m excited to announce t
Patricia Bowen
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pretty-good-read
This is not the type of book I normally read, but I found it rip-roaring fun. The writing was cinematic, the language a great depiction of slang. I grew up in New Jersey where many of the characters are from, and I felt right at home with their Italian expressions and goombah comeraderie. The progtagonist reminds me of a female Jack Reacher: ex-military, bold, fearless, flawed, but easier to relate to. It's a quick read, full of twists, humor, a little sex, and a good setup for the sequel. I'll ...more
Dorothy Crocker
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Joelene Stonehouse is something. From the mountains of Northwest Montana to the high desert of New Mexico, from New Jersey to California, this fast-paced thriller is exciting. For the first time in 25 years Joelene is out of the military and floundering. She misses the choppers she used to pilot and the adrenaline rush from flying in hot zones. Needing something to do she takes a job with her sister's "family." Now she's a courier of sort who drives from one end of the country to another deliver ...more
Anne (w/ an E)
Although this was not the kind of book I usually read, I thought it was well written. I also really liked the way the author wrote the the "New York gangster" accents. It made the characters seem more realistic, in my opinion.
Jimmie
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bomc, adam-james
I read Avanit (Joelene Stonehouse Thriller, #1) as part of a Goodreads Pshcyology/Thriller book of the month club selection. This is a quick gangster themed book. The heroine, Avanti, is a former military fighter helicopter pilot that gets involved with the New Jersey mafia as a driver. She happens upon a wounded Vinny, the nephew of a New Jersey mob boss, in Montana. Avanti covers the mob scene, comings and goings and interactions of Avanti and a group of good people versus the evils of the New ...more
Bicky
Feb 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
Avoid.
Why this book is being given 5* is a mystery. An action packed novella where the actions are senseless and the characters less than one dimensional. The only grace is that the characters are so stereotypical that one is awestruck.
Jerry
Jan 11, 2019
Adam James
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Janeandjerry
Donna Schmidt
Feb 26, 2019
Angela Bennett
Mar 14, 2019
Psychological Thr...: March 2019 BOTM: Avanti by Adam James 39 50 Mar 22, 2019 04:04PM

• On This Day: Homeland Thriller Series (Brant Discher, Book #1)
  • The Only Woman in the Room
  • Lost Hills (Eve Ronin #1)
  • Pursuit of Justice (Nick Lawrence #2)
  • Ant Farm (Seamus McCree #1)
  • Skipping Christmas
  • In a Field of Blue
  • Home Truths
  • The Brutal Telling (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #5)
  • Breaking Cover: My Secret Life in the CIA and What It Taught Me about What's Worth Fighting for
  • Chain of Command: The Road from 9/11 to Abu Ghraib
Start reading for FREEEE @ Amazon Kindle

+ ASHES and SMOKE, the new Dominic Bellagio thriller is available on Amazon in Kindle eBook and Paperback formats!
+ INCOGNITO QUATERNO: A Jackson Studder Espionage Thriller -- This book incorporates all four previously released episodes. Available at Amazon in paperback and eBook formats!
+ INCOGNITO BLACKLITE: An INCOGNITO prequel is under development. This